Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Why the hell are "allies" and poo poo on that thing? The Mountain needs to be there? Brandon Stark needs to be there? It's as convoluted as anything gurm could have come up with so good on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

This owns. Someone on Twitter called her a oval office for posting it.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Colonel Whitey posted:

eyes rolling so far back

this is why we can't have nice things

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

She's a woman, someone probably called her a oval office just for being on the internet.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Colonel Whitey posted:

Which one

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
it's a simple story with a simple moral about not burning children alive

sure a child is burned alive and at least two others were roasted after being lightly killed and thousands off screen but don't call the actors with a sense of humor about the production a oval office, ya oval office

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
So Jon Snow is really Jon Waters?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ha! She even has a red blanket to keep her warm. Truly one of the best method actors of our time.

davecrazy posted:

It would certainly explain his lovely facial hair.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

syscall girl posted:

it's a simple story with a simple moral about not burning children alive

Well, if she havent burned her, I guess the Battle of the Bastards would have been quite uncomfortable under that endless storm. Heck, it worked so well it might have actually delayed the loving winter a bit

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

It's goddamn criminal they didn't time it so crawling up to the flames happens when he says "what is going on in here" and it catching fire makes him say "piss" and the town on fire "it's so hot in here"
He didn't even keep it going long enough to hear it's so hot in here.
Why even bother?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

davecrazy posted:

Jon Sand, since he was born in Dorne.

Turdis McWordis
Mar 29, 2016

by LadyAmbien
Check his long form birth certificate.

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

less laughter posted:

Jon Sand, since he was born in Dorne.

According to http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Bastardy Snow is actually the most fitting surname, since he grew up in the north.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/lamzyco/status/747877134195105792

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

i am weep

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Turdis McWordis posted:

Check his long form birth certificate.

"Branno finds a USB port and continues downloading the Tower of Joy...Branno plugs in his flashback device and read Jonno's fuckin' birth certificate!"

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Mel but the idea of calling shireen a oval office is hilarious and I would give the guy a pass if he did it

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

TommyGun85 posted:

he doesnt need legitimizing, all the northern Lords basically said they dont give a poo poo if hes a bastard hes still their Lord.

Honestly, I think they're happier about it this way. The Starks are effectively broken as a house until Sansa gets her poo poo together. I mean, Bran's off being a crippled druid, Arya's too busy stabbing bitches to worry about producing heirs, and Jon's grasped the importance of throwing all of humanity into not being murdered by ice monsters.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

davecrazy posted:

the book already has a Jon Waters:

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Jon_Waters

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Of all the pointless characters on there (the loving mountain?) I hope Tyrion being left off is 100% intentional so that they don't have to confirm/deny whether or not Tywin's his father.

davecrazy posted:

So do people ever stop to consider that Jon's not a bastard in the first place? Targs have had multiple wives and there's no reason to think Rhaegar and Lyanna couldn't have gotten married, even if it was just them, a maester/septon, and a few kingsguard like Arthur Dayne. Gonna be funny if next season Bran relays what he saw and its "...and so aunt Lyanna told father that she eloped with Rhaegar and begged him to protect their son Jon Targaryen. Good news Jon, you were never actually a bastard!"

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The mountain is only connected to Tywin and people he's killed on that map. And nobody has killed him despite being a zombie.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

man your avatar is bumping in tune with the song I'm listening to and it sort of freaked me out.

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

Of all the pointless characters on there (the loving mountain?) I hope Tyrion being left off is 100% intentional so that they don't have to confirm/deny whether or not Tywin's his father.

So do people ever stop to consider that Jon's not a bastard in the first place? Targs have had multiple wives and there's no reason to think Rhaegar and Lyanna couldn't have gotten married, even if it was just them, a maester/septon, and a few kingsguard like Arthur Dayne. Gonna be funny if next season Bran relays what he saw and its "...and so aunt Lyanna told father that she eloped with Rhaegar and begged him to protect their son Jon Targaryen. Good news Jon, you were never actually a bastard!"

They could, but considering a war was started over the kidnapping, it would be really dumb if they hadn't announced it. I mean Lyanna is a Stark, so doing dumb things is in her blood.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

davecrazy posted:

The book wiki seems to suggest it's where you're raised that determines your bastard name rather than place of birth, but he'd be Jon Sand if it were birth.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Why isn't he Jon Blackfyre?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

visceril posted:

Why isn't he Jon Blackfyre?

Because the Blackfyres was a noble house founded by legitimized Targaryen bastard. Targaryen bastards follow the same naming conventions as other bastards.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Basically

Atreiden posted:

Because the Blackfyres was a noble house founded by legitimized Targaryen bastard. Targaryen bastards follow the same naming conventions as other bastards.

Right right I'm a dumbass Brynden Rivers = Bloodraven not Brynden Blackfyre.

Blackfyre is a way cooler name tho

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

The episode was tight tight tight. Good stuff, good TV, better than Fat Man

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

the next season will be a college comedy where sam just tries to get laid

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

His tits went down a cup. HA! Fat jokes!

Hogge Wild posted:

the next season will be a college comedy where sam just tries to get laid

I'd legitimately read/watch medieval fantasy Animal House.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
So...is his dad gonna come gently caress him up or does Sam just have Hartsbane now...

Cuz the only reason I can think of him keeping it is because we have now 3 magic dragon swords that the viewers are familiar with, to go with the 3 dragons and the 3 Targs/riders.

The 3 swords being Longclaw, Oathkeeper, and now Hartsbane. I don't recall any other Valyrian blades being prominent in the show.

In the book Aegon probably has the original Targ sword that Bittersteel took, and there's also the smaller sword that was made along with Oathkeeper from Ice. In the end I see the book going in the same direction of 3 dragons = 3 riders = 3 swords.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

visceril posted:

The 3 swords being Longclaw, Oathkeeper, and now Hartsbane. I don't recall any other Valyrian blades being prominent in the show.

In the book Aegon probably has the original Targ sword that Bittersteel took, and there's also the smaller sword that was made along with Oathkeeper from Ice. In the end I see the book going in the same direction of 3 dragons = 3 riders = 3 swords.

Yeah I think Joffrey's sword was the other one made from Ice, wasn't that in the show? What happened to it?

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

Colonel Whitey posted:

Yeah I think Joffrey's sword was the other one made from Ice, wasn't that in the show? What happened to it?

According to the kipedias Tommen inherited it, though it was last shown at Joffrey's funeral.

But unless you hear characters name-drop it out of nowhere episode after episode while they load up Chekhov's Gun with a full magazine I think it's safe to say that Gendry has it in his rowboat.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Still disappointed that Dawnstarfall or whatever didn't look like it was made from a glowing meteor.

e: also disappointed that Arthur Dayne is a big anime nerd loser dual-wielder and Ned is a chump.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Still disappointed that Dawnstarfall or whatever didn't look like it was made from a glowing meteor.

e: also disappointed that Arthur Dayne is a big anime nerd loser dual-wielder and Ned is a chump.

Ned dropped his sword in that fight just like Arya did the first time Syrio tried to train her. It's like poetry. It rhymes.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Anyone else think that them focusing on the bloody hilt of Dawn at Jon's birth is supposed to be the "bleeding red star?" I mean, basically every character could be the prince that was promised at this point, but I think that was done intentionally.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Having a unreasonably large compensation blade would be more anime than dual-wielding at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

Anyone else think that them focusing on the bloody hilt of Dawn at Jon's birth is supposed to be the "bleeding red star?" I mean, basically every character could be the prince that was promised at this point, but I think that was done intentionally.

We REALLY don't want Princess Poo to be the Chosen One, eh?