Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Would Win In a Fight?
This poll is closed.
Goku 59 31.38%
Luffy 15 7.98%
Ichigo 10 5.32%
Rina, from Idolmaster Cinderella Girls 104 55.32%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

votoms is a cool mecha show because the mechs are the size of small tanks and there's an episode where the protagonist gets owned by a biker gang with molotovs and ak47s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Lemon-Lime posted:

A cool 80s military scifi show about a special ops officer who is double-crossed, left to die and framed for treason, and his ongoing quest to get revenge and figure out the conspiracy he was framed for. It's one of the big real robot shows.

Sounds like I should watch it

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

DoubleDonut posted:

What dance is that? Back in my day we had the Manderville and we liked it

The brand new moogle dance.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Lemon-Lime posted:

Don't make me Fantasia to a potato, kitten. Don't you dare.

I've only seen it on potatoes and cats, but it is rad on both.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iON8LyXYmBc

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

nanjou yoshino is a good singer, she's shirabe in symphogear

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

boom boom boom posted:

The first couple episodes were weird, but promising. I decided to wait until the whole series was out before continuing, but it's only 12 or 13 episodes, I think.

I watched all of Den-O, so even if Amazons is bad it'll be a breeze, comparatively.

I respect your opinions w/r/t tokusatsu. Will be watching soon.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Endorph posted:

nanjou yoshino is a good singer, she's shirabe in symphogear

I'm looking forward to starting the next season of Symphogear, Natsume has me completely hooked right now right but I might jump into G next since everyone seems to love it so much

Kiyoko keeping a close eye on that volleyboy butt :3:

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

VostokProgram posted:

It's very good. Like many mecha anime from that time though it is 50 episodes, so it's kind of a commitment

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Lemon-Lime posted:

A cool 80s military scifi show about a special ops officer who is double-crossed, left to die and framed for treason, and his ongoing quest to get revenge and figure out the conspiracy he was framed for. It's one of the big real robot shows.

ah, that's why i always hear about it from people who say robot shows are dead and/or bad now

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i loved the route in super robot wars z2 that was just votoms and code geass and no other shows

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

my sister brought her floofy cat here

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Knorth posted:

I'm looking forward to starting the next season of Symphogear, Natsume has me completely hooked right now right but I might jump into G next since everyone seems to love it so much
g has really good songs and fun villains and akatsuki kirika dess

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Dzhay posted:

I was going to comment on this, but then I realised that I'd called the girl in the back of the shot "Serena" in my head and so I must leave forever, as is the fate of all normies.
her name is serena

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Of all the gargantuan 80s mecha shows, Votoms has some of the best pacing since it neatly divides the show into 4 very distinct and different story arcs.

It goes a long way towards keeping it fresh.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Endorph posted:

g has really good songs and fun villains and akatsuki kirika dess

And gourmet instant noodles.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Quest For Glory II posted:

her name is serena

Serena is a much better moon-pun name than Usagi.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
A good album

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dzhay posted:

Serena is a much better moon-pun name than Usagi.

Her name is literally moon rabbit.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

be careful. amagi brilliant park has claimed too many lives

if kyoani ever announces a second season seafood is going to preemptively ban us

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

VostokProgram posted:

You should, it's good.

a kitten posted:

I've only seen it on potatoes and cats, but it is rad on both.

I don't have the mogdance (I'm still on 3.0) but potato animations in general are just too good, it's not fair.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

I looked up Elly's song because she owns and she's voiced by this VA, who has done some pretty big roles, but then:

lol

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

if kyoani ever announces a second season seafood is going to preemptively ban us

Second season spoilers: the accountant and I get married.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Lemon-Lime posted:

I looked up Elly's song because she owns and she's voiced by this VA, who has done some pretty big roles, but then:

lol

Haha :3:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Everything Burrito posted:

apparently Cheer Boys has some girls in it

Like, they have a club manager?

Or actually has some girls in it?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

VostokProgram posted:

You should, it's real good

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

I am so excited for season 3

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Parmesan Basil posted:

I respect your opinions w/r/t tokusatsu. Will be watching soon.

I have some pretty controversial Tokusatsu opinions

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Smoking Crow posted:

ah, that's why i always hear about it from people who say robot shows are dead and/or bad now

What dumb assholes say that?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

boom boom boom posted:

What dumb assholes say that?

Heh, they're right.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

boom boom boom posted:

Like, they have a club manager?

Or actually has some girls in it?

dunno I just glanced at a news article that was talking about the female cast and it had three names on it, so there are at least three

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Listening to the songs you've posted was the straw that broke the camel's back. I'm getting it.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I finally found some cool games I didn't already own in the Steam sale.

I know early access and procedural generation are bad and all but this is incredibly polished, really fun and looks super cool in action: http://store.steampowered.com/app/425670/

Also, Colonel, this is also early access and procedural but it absolutely nails the feel of a MMX/Z game: http://store.steampowered.com/app/322110/ I really wish it wasn't so horribly ugly, but it's good.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Are there any good super cheap platformers on Steam? Pretty much the only Steam game I ever played a lot was Risk of Rain, so something like that

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

Are there any good super cheap platformers on Steam? Pretty much the only Steam game I ever played a lot was Risk of Rain, so something like that

probably

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

That's what I figured.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

I know early access and procedural generation are bad and all but this is incredibly polished, really fun and looks super cool in action: http://store.steampowered.com/app/425670/

Also, Colonel, this is also early access and procedural but it absolutely nails the feel of a MMX/Z game: http://store.steampowered.com/app/322110/ I really wish it wasn't so horribly ugly, but it's good.

*buys early access indie/greenlight steam games*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Lemon-Lime posted:

Any interesting in charming and ~spooky~ top-down shooters with a kind of Rogue Legacy run-based character progression?

• Locked thread