Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Angry Grimace posted:

People are confusing an effect not being printed with "too good for standard." It's not, they just want to encourage decks to exist that aren't mono-red with bolts to the face for reach.

It's the same reason Falkenrath Gorger exists: they think a 2/1 for R is okay because the kind of deck that would have been previously "too good" in doesn't exist right now.

I think we'll see some new stuff in red over the next year or two. It seems like they wanted to figure out what red looks like without a few of its most common tools and the answer is "bad"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

Death Bot posted:

I think we'll see some new stuff in red over the next year or two. It seems like they wanted to figure out what red looks like without a few of its most common tools and the answer is "bad"

"We have to maintain the sanctity of the color pie at all costs"

"Let's experiment with what would happen if we dismantled the color pie"

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Schwarzwald posted:

Oh, they brought back Monstrous.
I mean, monstrous was already the lame version of transform.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

sarmhan posted:

I mean, monstrous was already the lame version of transform.

Monstrous was cool.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
There are more cards in Eldritch Moon that specifically care about Eldrazi than there are in Oath of the Gatewatch.

This set looks kind of lame so far, tbh. I mean, its not BFZ level lame or anything, but it certainly looks like a big step down from Shadows Over Innistrad so far.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Angry Grimace posted:

There are more cards in Eldritch Moon that specifically care about Eldrazi than there are in Oath of the Gatewatch.

I don't see anything that goes into Modern yet though.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Kessig Prowler seems modern playable in a world where green had an aggro deck.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Sigma-X posted:

Stompy?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Sigma-X posted:

I DON'T think it's good enough for the Bushwacker one drop Zoo deck I've been playing in modern but it's close.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Sigma-X posted:

There's that super cheap monogreen stompy deck that a few people run, but I don't have a list right in front of me so I couldn't tell you what it would replace.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

AlternateNu posted:

*blink*

I don't know how I feel about this card.

This goes nicely with Call the Bloodline. Flash her out for 1BBB at the end of their turn, sacrifice 2 chumps plus the one you just made, kill 3 of their guys and swing for 6.

Her flip side is the same as an Heir of Falkenrath that flipped with a Neglected Heirloom, minus first strike. She would make another fun addition to my BW Transformers deck.

How many cards in EMN are dfc's?

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

C-Euro posted:

There's that super cheap monogreen stompy deck that a few people run, but I don't have a list right in front of me so I couldn't tell you what it would replace.

They usually look something like this:

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/436597#online

And Experiment One would be the card they replace.

I think something more like the bushwhacker 1 drop deck would benefit from this more. It's not as good as some other 1 drops like Experiment One when things go to plan but the ability to be relevant in the late game makes up for that I feel.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Sigma-X posted:

They usually look something like this:

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/436597#online

And Experiment One would be the card they replace.

I think something more like the bushwhacker 1 drop deck would benefit from this more. It's not as good as some other 1 drops like Experiment One when things go to plan but the ability to be relevant in the late game makes up for that I feel.

The zoo deck isn't going to get to 5 mana most of the time though so Experiment One is better.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

ThePeavstenator posted:

"We have to maintain the sanctity of the color pie at all costs"

"Let's experiment with what would happen if we dismantled the color pie"

I feel like I'm watching a cooking show where the challenge was cheese cake and someone forgot to buy cream cheese

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Voldaren Pariah will play fantastically in RB Olivia Madness deck.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

ButtWolf posted:

Voldaren Pariah will play fantastically in RB Olivia Madness deck.

I don't know how thats a deck in a format with Avacyn.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Or Gisela.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
http://www.strawpoll.me/10623924

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

I'm cool with the color pie being experimented with if it involves adding risky new things and not taking away staple effects from each color.

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Winner of the 'How Badly Will A Phone Game Milk Us Idiot Cash Cows?' Contest!

Answer: About $70USD for a bad character that unlocks the grind for another.

extra letters: star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-l

This was a Sophie's Choice kind of poll. Cruel.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

What kind of idiot votes for the other, obviously incorrect choice? :eyepop:

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Not a checkbox poll; didn't vote. :colbert:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

People are now trolling by keeping the vote at 50-50. :wtc:

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.
So, I just noticed that they hinted at ol' Emrakul being on Innistrad quite a ways back:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
CFB are scheduled to preview a card today. They usually get something constructed viable.

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010
All the eldrazi-hybrid's art is extremely my poo poo.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

Rinkles posted:

New Lili PW art?

from today's story

Hah, fully half of the zombies in this art are going 'phwoar, check out that arse'.

In regards to comments on Liliana's dresswear in some artwork, it's been a while since I read any of her material; but isn't part of her character that she's a slag?

I've got to say this set looks super fun for Limited so far. Lots of cool combat and casting tricks, fun flavour, nice art, plenty of callbacks. I'm disappointed that Meld is Draft irrelevant, but the individual halves are decent enough that I can live with it.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Sigma-X posted:

isn't there a werewolf that makes other werewolves enter the battlefield pre-flipped which makes this a 1-mana 4/4

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

President Ark posted:

isn't there a werewolf that makes other werewolves enter the battlefield pre-flipped which makes this a 1-mana 4/4

Yes, but you have to get that one flipped first

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Rinkles posted:

Drazi Werewolves

This is better than the BR vampire rare.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

mcmagic posted:

I don't see anything that goes into Modern yet though.

New Thalia?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

C-Euro posted:

The one drops you run in that are Dryad Militant and E-One, maybe Young Wolf if you're super low curve/dumb. This is not better than the first two.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Getting another Savannah Lions may let the deck have a lower curve.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

I guess it has potential, but boy will it suck to get it shot down in response to the flip trigger.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

BizarroAzrael posted:

I guess it has potential, but boy will it suck to get it shot down in response to the flip trigger.

it's non colored and cant be grasped, i dont think its gonna be easy to kill upon flip, and it'll still get to resolve once flipped anyway thanks to the changes they made to the flip rules in SoI

Judd Stackington
Oct 27, 2015
According to MTGGoldfish, Triskaidekaphobia has spiked by 1300% since Tree of Perdition was announced.

FLAVOUR.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Getting another Savannah Lions may let the deck have a lower curve.

...It really doesn't need it though. Everything else in the deck has great synergy (E-Ones and Geists make your Avatars big, everything boosts your E-One, lots of GGs and GGGs to make Aspect of Hydra a Become Immense.) I wouldn't call any card in the deck worse than that. When your goal is to Rancor/Vines/Aspect, having a 2/1 that would only grow in a worse-case scenario is not great. I wouldn't play that over the Militant in an unknown meta.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

JOHN CENA posted:

it's non colored and cant be grasped, i dont think its gonna be easy to kill upon flip, and it'll still get to resolve once flipped anyway thanks to the changes they made to the flip rules in SoI

Transform is not Morph.

Transform goes onto the stack before the creature transforms. If you Grasp the creature before the transform trigger resolves, it will never transform before it dies.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Is eldrazi temple and such usable for the emerge cost on the eldrazi octopus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

checkplease posted:

Is eldrazi temple and such usable for the emerge cost on the eldrazi octopus?

I believe so.

• Locked thread