Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

jyrka posted:

I think it's fair to say Roy Hodgson made many mistakes regarding team selection, tactics and 'football fitness'. Also team cohesion, psychology and match preparation. Sorry for the truth bombs but it must be said.

Would you say he's bringing it home?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Metapod posted:

Would you say he's bringing it home?

Bringing it home? More like GOING home ahahahahahahahaha

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Heres Jamie Carragher's damning verdict and be sure to read all the way to the end for a special surprise:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ar...ing-babies.html

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
I predict his ideal eleven is a team of carraghers

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Paddyb posted:

Heres Jamie Carragher's damning verdict and be sure to read all the way to the end for a special surprise:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ar...ing-babies.html

God drat that's a turd of an article.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

trem_two posted:

Robbie Savage with some strong opinions on benching World Class Joe Hart

https://twitter.com/MirrorFootball/status/744606958456610816

This is even funnier now

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

blue footed boobie posted:

God drat that's a turd of an article.

I know, it's great isn't it lol

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Phil McNulty posted:

Manchester United captain Rooney, soon to be 31, leaves yet another showpiece with the bitter taste of disappointment. He may not be part of the side that plays in Russia in two years - but he should not be discarded in the attempt to get there.

You should always prepare for a major tournament by using players who will not loving be there

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I thought Carragher was a pretty smart dude but that article's a load of drivel. Surely he didn't write that. Jesus christ.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I could well be being retarded but I don't see what's so wrong with that article? He has a point about the players being weak minded and collapsing under pressure. The only lol I took from it was the idea that Klinnsman would go anywhere near the job.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Why not? At £3.5m a year for doing very little I doubt there's many managers that wouldn't at least consider it no matter how poo poo it is.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

peanut- posted:

Why not? At £3.5m a year for doing very little I doubt there's many managers that wouldn't at least consider it no matter how poo poo it is.

Lol, the English press and dumb public would poo poo themselves at having A GERMAN as England manager

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Not true. They love klopp

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'd talk to Pellegrini, personally. Had success over here, speaks the language

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
are there any vines or gifs of hart pumping himself up and screaming the national anthem then letting balls through his legs and looking dejected

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/SkyOrla/status/748448135253372930

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
What England job? The football England job? WTF?

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
just an fa job

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Pissflaps posted:

What England job? The football England job? WTF?

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/748457360834781184

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I say put south gate in charge as caretaker then Cameron can take over in october

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

this seems a bit extreme

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Breath Ray posted:

are there any vines or gifs of hart pumping himself up and screaming the national anthem then letting balls through his legs and looking dejected

im sure de gea can set something up.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Lol they want his doping expertise. Shameless. This man should be jailed he is a loving fraud.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
am I missing something about why the gently caress a cycling coach would manage a national football team? At this point I'm also willing to believe that "England job" could also mean Prime Minister, or else is just a euphemism for a big, loose turd

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

WeAreTheRomans posted:

am I missing something about why the gently caress a cycling coach would manage a national football team? At this point I'm also willing to believe that "England job" could also mean Prime Minister, or else is just a euphemism for a big, loose turd

they are asking him to inject some new blood into the team

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The BBC's asking people to send in their choice of England team for the qualifiers and most of them are full of young players that "will be good in a few years" to "build a squad" for the next tournament.

They never learn.

Esposito
Apr 5, 2003

Sic transit gloria. Maybe we'll meet again someday, when the fighting stops.

Pand posted:

they are asking him to inject some new blood into the team

:golfclap:

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ninpo posted:

I could well be being retarded but I don't see what's so wrong with that article? He has a point about the players being weak minded and collapsing under pressure. The only lol I took from it was the idea that Klinnsman would go anywhere near the job.

Tbf I checked out of the article after a couple paragraphs but he just vaguely insinuates that the players are fancy dans because they've been coddled, as if the players from France, Germany, and Spain are any different. It's dumb and pointless and offers 0 insight and he should have never written it.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
i doubt they actually write these things anyway.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Jose posted:

this seems a bit extreme

Worse yet, it's a video that Sterling's friend posted of a house that Sterling bought for his mom.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

blue footed boobie posted:

Tbf I checked out of the article after a couple paragraphs but he just vaguely insinuates that the players are fancy dans because they've been coddled, as if the players from France, Germany, and Spain are any different. It's dumb and pointless and offers 0 insight and he should have never written it.

Yeah, it's the same thing I was making fun of Chris Waddle for doing on 606, where somehow despite the fact that England's players have mostly been short on technical skill for 30 years, they'd be somehow improved if young players were forced to play with a flyaway in an Iceland car park until the age of 15, and if any semblance of educated and tactically astute coaching they've brought in over the last decade was replaced by a local nonce who makes eight year olds wade through mud and run until they throw up.

Basically, "no, dig up, stupid".

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

pik_d posted:

Worse yet, it's a video that Sterling's friend posted of a house that Sterling bought for his mom.

whose mum

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

pik_d posted:

pretty sure the whole thing is just an excuse to make the sterling / pound sterling pun

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

finally someone in the press has written it

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/why-england-should-turn-to-sam-allardyce-as-their-next-manager-a7111791.html

quote:

It’s why the notion of seeking Laurent Blanc, Arsene Wenger, or any other individual who might pass a Conservative Party points-based immigration test creates layers of complication that need not exist. Wenger will be offered a new Arsenal deal if they start the season well, we learned on Thursday. Blanc has won three championships in the weak French league and spent an Arabian fortune doing it. Guus Hiddink has a ring to it, except he failed abysmally with the Netherlands, Claudio Ranieiri satisfies our love of the next new thing, except he lost to the Faroe Islands with Greece. Germany put seven past Luiz Felipe Scolari.

You could have bet the house on Sam Allardyce getting the necessary done in Nice, Saint Etienne or Marseilles and, for what it’s worth, not needing to ask his assistant to make telephone calls on the eve of a World Cup squad announcement, to see if Jamie Carragher and Paul Scholes fancied venturing out of retirement, as that £10m maestro Fabio Capello did in the summer of 2010.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Unironically Big Sam is the best pick for your lot. Turning every game into a wet Tuesday at Stoke is probably the best chance because you're never going to beat the technical teams at their own game.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Actually we did just that against France and Germany this year. Pay attention 007 ;)

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I lived in Wales for two years, I'm Welsh btw

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
That's how you approach a knock out game. Smh England.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Hoops posted:

I lived in Wales for two years, I'm Welsh btw

i went for a picnic in wales once. it was ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented