Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

warcrimes posted:

Said nobody, ever.
It's correct though? They barely lost Game 7 so even a very minor difference could have swung the game, and Bogut was way better than Varejao and Ezeli who both got creamed that day. Bogut played well in the playoffs until he got hurt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Kerr could just not play super negative varejao and give more minutes to Livingston instead

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

euphronius posted:

No one is claiming joe Ingles is 40.

Oh a black guy from Africa "looks" older I bet he is lol. Just seems very off putting and causal to me.

Because Joe Ingles wasn't born in a 3rd world country with poor records.

Same reason we aren't questioning the age of Ben Simmons or Brandon Ingram.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

warcrimes posted:

Said nobody, ever.

Uh this thread was giving Bogut's absence as a reason to favor the Cavs before games six and seven

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

It's correct though? They barely lost Game 7 so even a very minor difference could have swung the game, and Bogut was way better than Varejao and Ezeli who both got creamed that day. Bogut played well in the playoffs until he got hurt.

Steph and Klay not having lovely games would have won it. The Warriors won the last three games last year in the finals with Bogut playing zero minutes.

EvanTH posted:

Uh this thread was giving Bogut's absence as a reason to favor the Cavs before games six and seven

Oh, "this thread". I see.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Last year uncle drew and love weren't playing so boguts presence was way more important than it was year

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

warcrimes posted:

Steph and Klay not having lovely games would have won it. The Warriors won the last three games last year in the finals with Bogut playing zero minutes.

Yeah it's funny seeing people blame Ezeli Barnes and Bogut when the superstar of the team kept trying to force 3s and whats worse, missing them.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Away all Goats posted:

Yeah it's funny seeing people blame Ezeli Barnes and Bogut when the superstar of the team kept trying to force 3s and whats worse, missing them.

...did you read the thread or are you talking about people outside of here?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Metapod posted:

...did you read the thread or are you talking about people outside of here?

Sorry I meant general NBA fans. Barnes is pretty much Hitler on r/NBA right now. I'm sure we've got a few of those that read this thread too tho

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

The Warriors fans in here definitely lamented the loss of Bogut and the poor play of Barnes, but they also hammered on Steph having a terrible series.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Away all Goats posted:

Well, to be fair, Ezeli was utter poo poo all year and deserves what criticism he got. Barnes had a bad shooting series but I'm not going to kill him over it.

Metapod posted:

Last year uncle drew and love weren't playing so boguts presence was way more important than it was year

The Warriors most effective line up is their small ball death line up. If either of Curry or Thompson have a normal shooting night, the dubs win game 7 and this isn't even a discussion. Bogut's injury had very little impact on the series. Kerr's odd line up decisions was a much bigger factor.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I don't understand. The Warriors are frauds. That's why they lost.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They aren't frauds but Lebron definitely stole their souls.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

warcrimes posted:

Well, to be fair, Ezeli was utter poo poo all year and deserves what criticism he got. Barnes had a bad shooting series but I'm not going to kill him over it.

The Warriors most effective line up is their small ball death line up. If either of Curry or Thompson have a normal shooting night, the dubs win game 7 and this isn't even a discussion. Bogut's injury had very little impact on the series. Kerr's odd line up decisions was a much bigger factor.

What is a normal shooting night for Klay? He's seems like he is either on or he's off no middle ground. Boguts absence completely opened up the floor for the cavs which was huge

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I don't know if their souls were stolen but they were shook to their cores.

Also my hot take is that if Draymond could have resisted dong knocking LeBron they would have won in 5

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Apparently GMs are lining up to give Bazemore $16-$17M

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

WhyteRyce posted:

Sounds about right .

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

WhyteRyce posted:

surprised it's not more

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Tobias Harris's contract might be the benchmark for 'average starter' 4 year/64m

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Sixers will not pick up Isaiah Canaan's option.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

WhyteRyce posted:

:getin:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Wow lol

SCARYJEINFELD
Oct 30, 2012

It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes.
The question of why the warriors lost is an interesting one. What can we blame this on? How do we rationalize the loss of the greatest regular season team of all time after leading 3-1 in the finals?

Let's take some wisdom from George C Scott's character Bert from the 1961 Robert Resson film "The Hustler", also starring Paul Newman and Piper Laurie. In the film, Paul Newman's character ("Fast" Eddie Felson) easily dominates Minnesota Fats (the best pool player in the country) in a high-stakes game of shooting pool. Eddie is enormously talented at pool, maybe even the most talented in the world. However, he eventually winds up losing the game, basically because of a multitude of character flaws.

Later in the film Bert attempts to explain to Eddie why he failed to beat Minnesota Fats and why he will continue to fail. Here is a screenshot of the exchange from the screenplay, adapted by Rossen and Sidney Carroll from the novel by Walter Tevis, all rights reserved to 20th Century Fox.

The reason the Warriors lost is because they are born losers. When Draymond got suspended for Game 5, they got an excuse to lose that one. When Bogut got hurt for the rest of the series they got yet another excuse. And when everybody started freaking out about how LeBron was the GOAT and the Cavs had gained some momentum and everybody was making GBS threads on Curry's wife they got another couple.

The only reason they beat the Cavs the year before is because the 2nd and 3rd best players on the Cavs were hurt so there could be no excuses for them to lose. And they still lost two games! Because, you guessed it, Steph Curry is a born loser. The burden of greatness was far too much for him to bear, so he crumpled. Draymond and Klay aren't quite born losers but all it takes is one to drag the whole team down.

SCARYJEINFELD fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jun 30, 2016

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/FlyByKnite/status/748350984263344128

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Thank god

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

I like the idea that the Lakers wouldn't meet with KD next summer if he said no this summer. He could probably poop on the Magic Johnson statue and they'd still take a meeting with him.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

They definitely waited till they were sure Saric was coming over. He's a decent shooter who can shoot off the dribble, but if he's your ball handler there's a problem.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Shelburne's the worst, glad this is the summer where people start to notice.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Since when were the Knicks an organization you talked to just out of respect

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

WhyteRyce posted:

You talk to them and tell them you don't like NY so that they don't completely gut their team to trade for you in a couple years

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

WhyteRyce posted:

Well when I think of James Dolan a question pops into my head are you done or are you finished? So it checks out

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Hrm. Apparently Batum isn't just going to insta re-sign with the Hornets anymore. He's flying back to the US to meet with teams.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Strawberry Panda posted:

I don't understand. The Warriors are frauds. That's why they lost.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/748360476912812033

listen when a big market team led by Phil Jackson featuring Carmelo Anthony, Derrick Rose, and Joakim Noah calls, you set the dial on your time machine to "2011" and pick up the phone.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Terry Glenn posted:

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/748360476912812033

listen when a big market team led by Phil Jackson featuring Carmelo Anthony, Derrick Rose, and Joakim Noah calls, you set the dial on your time machine to "2011" and pick up the phone.

Rumors about Blazers and Dwight on a short term deal.

:siren: Zach Lowe reporting that the Raptors have contacted the Sixers about Noel :siren:

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Looks like a done deal. $18 million isn't bad for him if the deal is short.

https://twitter.com/TimBontemps/status/748364203262607360

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Man Phil Jackson gonna get hit with another 200K tampering fine.

E: wasn't that the guy who was posting that the Wizards were gonna max Noah out last week?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Keep in mind they aren't allowed to talk for another day. Just do the legal tampering period like the NFL so we can all pretend like we follow rules

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Rick posted:

Man Phil Jackson gonna get hit with another 200K tampering fine.

E: wasn't that the guy who was posting that the Wizards were gonna max Noah out last week?

$200k is well worth it to get to free agents before everyone else.

I think the "max contract" stuff was from Mitch Lawrence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Hawks are reportedly not gonna offer Horford five years so he's probably gonna walk.

Sigh.

• Locked thread