Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
<<snuffle>> heard every word, you guys. Guess the court was right to be paranoid if you're gonna blab state secrets like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Omega is going to be an adorable little girl that Zimmy and Gamma adopt and raise as a loving family.

The Omega Device is code for the Gay Agenda, and soon everyone will be gay.

Kat has already fallen.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Sage advice from Annie, Tony's good influence rubbing off.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I think it would be funny if it turned out that Eglamore is just an rear end in a top hat who talks poo poo about people and that's why Surma dumped him.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Fister Roboto posted:

I think it would be funny if it turned out that Eglamore is just an rear end in a top hat who talks poo poo about people and that's why Surma dumped him.

yeah I agree for once

Like I know gunnerkrigg is not a realistic workplace environment, especially with this chapters really bizarre reveals about the setting, but blabbing your personal grievances to a student is not good behavior

Maybe though that's why he hangs out with rey, they get drunk and talk about what a shithead tony is.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I don't want to defend Eglamore but the training with Parley can't really be compared to a normal student teacher relationship.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Wasn't it implied Surma loathed Jones and that's what drove Eglamore and her apart?

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
who do you suppose filled the winsbury/janet slots in the last generation of students

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Is Parley even still a student? Did she graduate?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Tenebrais posted:

Is Parley even still a student? Did she graduate?

She's sixth form isn't she? Which is basically 17-18 years old, and is pre-university. Specialized programs that prepare you for university topics, similar to the Associates Degree system of the US. With her specific future path being 'Gunnerkrigg Guardian', Eggy might literally be (one of) her 6th form teachers, preparing her to enter the workforce of... guardian-ing.

That said, it seems like the position of Guardian is more than just teacher/student, and is way more of a bond like... I dunno, batman and robin. When you will only ever train one successor, it's probably easier to think of them as an equal even as you train them.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Considering the insane poo poo we've already seen Tony do, I doubt Eglamore's reasons for disliking him are limited to personal grudges. The guy forgave Renard, a murderer. And he puts up with all of Annie's poo poo even though she's never been anything but rude to him.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

That montage panel isn't really working for me

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

SynthOrange posted:

That montage panel isn't really working for me

The inset panel seems out of place.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

me and my tiny little baby friends

Acne Rain posted:

Like I know gunnerkrigg is not a realistic workplace environment, especially with this chapters really bizarre reveals about the setting, but blabbing your personal grievances to a student is not good behavior
unless the person you're bitching about is actually a piece of poo poo. then it's good+cool.
I remember a school field trip(we all went by vans because my highschool was poor) where me, all the other students, and the teacher driving us basically just talked poo poo about another teacher we all hated lmao(she was truly awful, I think basically everyone in the whole school disliked her)

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Eglamore became buddies with Murder Foxwolf cuz he also creeped Surma and hates Tony, and he's protective towards Annie because he sees Surma 2.0 and sometimes calls her that even though she gives him poo poo.

Eh uh but I'm sure he has other completely unrelated reasons for disliking Anthony I'm quite sure.

I do wonder if Kat's dad isn't also deep in court business.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Parley's head on her hulk body seems weird to me for some reason, and not in a "gross, that girl has mussels!" kind of way more in a "something compositionally is going wrong here and I can't figure out what"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Tom sometimes has problems with anatomy.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

She's gotta grow into her armor:

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Scaramouche posted:

Parley's head on her hulk body seems weird to me for some reason, and not in a "gross, that girl has mussels!" kind of way more in a "something compositionally is going wrong here and I can't figure out what"
I'm guessing it's just to emphasize Parley's transformation into a Genetic Beast Lobster.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Lurdiak posted:

Considering the insane poo poo we've already seen Tony do, I doubt Eglamore's reasons for disliking him are limited to personal grudges. The guy forgave Renard, a murderer. And he puts up with all of Annie's poo poo even though she's never been anything but rude to him.

Maybe Eggman is just bad.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Rey is genuinely and openly apolectic. It helps, plus it'd been a few years since he's here. Tony, on the other hand, fail to show it.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Iceclaw posted:

apolectic

?

I'm not sure what you mean. The closest word is aplopectic but I don't see how Reynard is that. (It'd be a better fit for Ysengrin.) My guess is you meant apologetic.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Cat Mattress posted:

?

I'm not sure what you mean. The closest word is aplopectic but I don't see how Reynard is that. (It'd be a better fit for Ysengrin.) My guess is you meant apologetic.

Yeah, that. Sorry about that, non-primary english speaker.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

Acne Rain posted:

Maybe though that's why he hangs out with rey, they get drunk and talk about what a shithead tony is.

I want to see Rey drinking whiskey out of a dog bowl now

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Scaramouche posted:

I think it might be her shoulder width. Even if she is very muscular, I don't think she should be quite as wide as she is.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Luneshot posted:

I want to see Rey drinking whiskey out of a dog bowl now

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ama and Coyote are besties in the ether

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

There Bias Two posted:

I think it might be her shoulder width. Even if she is very muscular, I don't think she should be quite as wide as she is.

Look, when you're training to put the world on your shoulders you've gotta make sure there's plenty of space up there.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

:golfclap:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yay

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Yay.

Edit: Well, if no one else wants it...

Beepity Boop fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jul 4, 2016

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

You're saying it wrong, it's yay

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
There's no such thing as Court quarantine protocols. Those are just robots who make the excuse so they get to steal and burn stuff.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Hey the last time some Court-side stuff ended in the Forest, Coyote and Ysengrin made a whole diplomatic incident out of it. Deconbots take their work seriously, Forest artifacts don't enter the Court; Court artifacts don't enter the Forest, peace is safekept and everyone is happy.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
:sits patiently at Topatoco store waiting for Gunnerkrigg Court baseball caps and tiny foam fingers to go on sale:

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

Mirage posted:

:sits patiently at Topatoco store waiting for Gunnerkrigg Court baseball caps and tiny foam fingers to go on sale:

Yeah want that hat.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Cat Mattress posted:

Hey the last time some Court-side stuff ended in the Forest, Coyote and Ysengrin made a whole diplomatic incident out of it. Deconbots take their work seriously, Forest artifacts don't enter the Court; Court artifacts don't enter the Forest, peace is safekept and everyone is happy.

Yeah, everything the court is doing is perfectly reasonable and justified given the circumstances.

Also, how could anyone stay mad at this:

Awwwww :3:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I thought that last time Coyote knocked over a building?

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
That was the last diplomatic incident but not the last time that court artifacts ended up in the forest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

in addition to that, one of the first times we saw elements of the forest try to enter the court, they approached by essentially infecting Robot. that's the sort of thing that's gonna cause a bit of paranoia.