Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
everyone just calmly walking around after arsenal gear flattens this big part of nyc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

frank.club posted:

everyone just calmly walking around after arsenal gear flattens this big part of nyc
that was a 9/11 edit but i headcanon that new yorkers have seen it all

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

I thought it was because the patriot AI just used their Nanomachines to not see arsenal gear like they did with how la-li-lu-la-lo thing

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

lmfao

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Benny D posted:

The first time I beat 2 I thought they were telling you the whole thing was a VR simulation

Same here.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Accurate

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Metal Gear July has officially begun on the east coast.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

I'm gonna try and crush MGS3 this weekend, starting when I get home from work tomorrow. I'm saved at the cool river after The Pain. It should have been a double KO, he hit me with a bullet bee as the screen was fading out, the sound of it entering Snake's flesh as the music ended was awesome

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i should finally finish mgs5

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bobnumerotres posted:

Me too brother

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

King Diamond
Dec 26, 2005

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

Yeah, the finale is pretty important

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

already laughing at how cheap and lovely the dualshock 3 feels

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

HolePisser1982 posted:

the super light weight and tiny grips make it feel like it could just launch out of your hand at any time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

I can't believe we lived with this for 8 years or whatever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The USB converter I bought from China for 2 bucks that said it would let me use my Dualshock 2 on PS3 didn't work sadly

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

"Laugh, and Grow Fat!"

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

The USB converter I bought from China for 2 bucks that said it would let me use my Dualshock 2 on PS3 didn't work sadly

it should work. i only tried it with a ps1 cotroller though

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

i hate stuff that breaks. it should be a crime to make stuff that breaks

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
my ps1 controller is nearly as old as me and it works perfectly still. granted its missing a rubber thing cos i chewed it off as a kid but whatever. my ps3 controller broke after a year cos the battery stopped working and then the usb slot stopped working too (???) and io treat my stuff well

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Everything is designed to fail within 2 years now so they can sell you another one. This isn't a conspiracy theory or anything it's like publicly stated business practice now

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

My DS3 is probably eight years old now and I've never had an issue with it. It's definitely the worst of the PS controllers though.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

i hate stuff that breaks. it should be a crime to make stuff that breaks

i skipped the ps3, so ive never had a controller break until i got a ps4. now they break once a year, lol

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

There's no good reason the 4 doesn't work on PS3 and yes I know about the Bluetooth trick but it doesn't work with some games and in others it's really wonky

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

im jumping straight in to mgs2 HD, so itll be fun having the pressure sensitive buttons at least

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The DS4 works perfectly fine on PS3. The only game I've had problems with was MGS4 because it has motion control stuff in it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh wait does it not work with MGSHD collection at all because of the pressure sensitive buttons?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

The DS4 works perfectly fine on PS3. The only game I've had problems with was MGS4 because it has motion control stuff in it.

theres a lot of games it doesnt work with. and it doesnt vibrate either which in dark souls for example sux because you cant always tell you if you blocked a hit or poised thru it

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

Oh wait does it not work with MGSHD collection at all because of the pressure sensitive buttons?

I tried mgs3 with it and I had no start/select or pressure sensitivity and in mgs2 I couldn't open the codec and dragons dogma for some reason only the buttons worked

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I was having a really sick run of 2 up to core 1 of shell 1, I kept throwing the guy instead of grabbing him for the eye scanner and got like 10 alerts 😔

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Benny D posted:

I was having a really sick run of 2 up to core 1 of shell 1, I kept throwing the guy instead of grabbing him for the eye scanner and got like 10 alerts 😔
That whole part took me like an hour because of that.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

A legend is just fiction. Someone tells it, someone remembers it. Everyone passes it on.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
It took me weeks as a child to get up to the raven tank fight in 1 and now I'm there in like a half hour :sweatdrop:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's cool how small MGS1 is. The space feels huge because of the insane story interludes but it's a pretty claustrophobic game

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

In Training posted:

It's cool how small MGS1 is. The space feels huge because of the insane story interludes but it's a pretty claustrophobic game

Atmosphere is king in MGS1. I first played it while it was snowing and i had my window cracked with cold air and little flurries of snow occasionally blowing in. Lets just say the immersion feels were quite strong.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

had a ps4 since launch, controller works great. i know it sucks when you gently caress up deep into your big boss runs but you gotta stop throwing your controllers guys

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

that chapter in mgs4 had me completely losing my poo poo. and the ending..

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DS4 has been rock solid for me, the only time one failed is when I spilled beer on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Bobnumerotres posted:

that chapter in mgs4 had me completely losing my poo poo. and the ending..

I'm actually really excited to end my playthrough with 4. It's been awhile since I've played through it all. I love how insanely brutal the future of the MGS universe feels. The sterile, vaguely sinister PMC ads over loudspeaker in the middle of the battlefield, Old Snake dealing with freakish drones and super futurist technology, private military nanomachines controlling every soldier down to their emotions, awesome and terrifying.

And then a monkey drinks a soda, a guy repeatably craps his pants, and an old Russian cowboy fingerbangs the combined military strength of the UN to death.

• Locked thread