Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
I,jodai, do oath: 2 bloodwretches, a Scion of Black Blood and Angel Eyes, all Wyrd 32 mm figures.

jodai fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jun 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Oath Complete!

Claiming the Time to Relax theme challenge for Rasheth. #TubbClub

Also claiming Box Art for Orin Midwinter: http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/mercenaries/solos/orin-midwinter

head58 posted:

I, head58, oath these 3 models: Supreme Archdomina Makeda, Orin Midwinter and a Cyclops Shaman from Privateer Press (Skorne). The first 2 are 30mm and the cyclops is 40.

Hopefully I'll have another model soon to add for the June challenge.

head58 posted:

Oath Addition

Joining the Tubb Club, I, head58, additionally oath Dominar Rasheth (50mm Privateer Press Hordes model) for June! Should be good for the June theme. He gets to relax even if the baby elephants carrying him around do not.

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

Oath Complete!

(Don't mind the 3rd terror tot, he was previously painted but I threw him in there for a group shot of the Lilith starter box)

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Oath Complete!

Claiming Squad Goals.

I know they're not based yet, sadly this is part of a larger group project that hasn't quite decided on that part yet.

INinja132
Aug 7, 2015

I, INinja132, oath to paint these 11 bases of Early War German Infantry from Baccus, for a total of 44 6mm models

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Oath Complete!

Claiming my totem caster Dominar Rasheth for either the technical or theme challenge for the month. While I guess his little agonizer minions are working hard, he seems to be living the good life on his dais #DoingTheDew.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

You already claimed that one last month, Achievements are once per season ;)

Yeast posted:

Oath Complete!

Claiming Squad Goals.

I know they're not based yet, sadly this is part of a larger group project that hasn't quite decided on that part yet.

You gone done forgot to put your name in them thar pics, get 'em edited if you want credit

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack
I, Jubelio, oath to paint this Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord

also going for the 24 hour speed paint and relaxed pose theme

jubelio fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jul 1, 2016

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Zark the Damned posted:

You already claimed that one last month, Achievements are once per season ;)

I'm the idiot who can't remember what he did/didn't claim from one minute to the next. Sorry.

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne
Oath Complete!

Going for the Theme and/or Technical Challenge on the Barbarian, he looks pretty chilled out to me! Also going for the Speed Painting achievement:
Hopefully in July I get more time to paint, I'm liking making actual progress on my Alpha Legion!

Edit: still can't figure out what I want to Base Skorr with, hence his nakedness at present. There was talk about bases not being necessary, that's not something I've made up, right?

Scowny fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jun 29, 2016

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Updating!

Applying my last mini for speed painting if I can!

Iceclaw fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jun 29, 2016

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost
Oh poo poo, month almost over.

I, ZachAttack, do oath to paint two(2) UCM Condors (Hawkwargames/Dropzone Commander/10mm) in what remains of this month July.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Zark the Damned posted:

You gone done forgot to put your name in them thar pics, get 'em edited if you want credit

Fixed!

Thanks

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Oath Complete

I will be claiming Backstory this month, as well as the Time to Relax theme:

Hundreds of restless boyz milled around the hold of the great space hulk, angry muttering breaking out into scuffles and grunts of pain. Guided by the maniacal genius of the resident Meks, the ship had landed in orbit of a rich, verdant world... one that had proved, impossibly, to be completely bereft of interesting life. Not that Orkz were opposed to gunning down vast herds of grazing animals, it just wasn't get amusing for long. The Boss had promised a scrap, and the mood was turning sour as the head Ork himself heaved into sight on a platform overlooking the bay. The crackle and squeal of haphazard amplification drew the baleful red glare of a thousand disappointed eyes. "Right lads, I's got bad news and good news. The bad news iz, da Mekz say dey need ten days to get us to some real scrappin', an that's no matter how hard I hit 'em." Shouts came up from the crowd, and more than a few bullets whined their way toward the platform in protest. "BUT!" the warboss thundered, drawing a brief pause from the crowd. "Da good news, dats time enough for some proper krumpin'! Get yer lads together, squigbeer for everyone and the best team iz first into the scrap when we get dere, right? Games on!" A great cheer went up from the crowd as enormous barrels were rolled into the hold; by the time the boyz were done with the game, they'd be close enough to a new target...

I couldn't imagine an Ork finding anything relaxing besides a solid sports riot, so I exchanged this guys weapons for scratch-built beer and a foam finger. :toot:

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Oath Complete

Claiming technical challenge: paint a model that is mostly skin and theme challenge: paint a model that is relaxing in some way, both are the Boobie Barbarian (Yes I know only one counts, but heck, she is both)

Indolent Bastard posted:

For June, I Indolent Bastard oath 1 Reaper Miniatures Wizard, 1 unknown mini Wizard's Apprentice, and 1 old school unknown mini Female Barbarian.

Indolent Bastard posted:

Oath partially complete: Speed painting update.

I'm actually annoyed at how well this came out. This thing, the boobie barbarian, bleh.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
Oath Complete

Claiming Technical Challenge since my brute thralls are almost entirely naked, other than a few cybernetic enhancements. Also #SquadGoals, as these four models are part of a larger Mechanithrall unit.

Still trying to figure out how to take good photographs, I think I need a lot more light.

KPC_Mammon posted:

I, KPC_Mammon, oath for the month of June three Brute thralls and a Skarlock Commander from PrivateerPress.

I'm hoping the Brute Thralls will qualify for this month's technical challenge--they aren't even wearing pants, let alone a shirt!

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Oath Complete!

Endman posted:

I, Endman, Oath to paint this Saxon Thegn and his stalwart Huscarle in the month of June.

overthefalls
Apr 17, 2005

"They called you exotic, which is just people talk for awesome!"
:wooper: Oath Complete! :wooper:

Or close enough for who its for. I'm going to do another pass over the carapace and feather it out, but this is the last of my time for the month so here you go!

(The third one in behind was half-complete and not part of the original oath.)

Claiming Summer’s here! Time to relax... since they are all skin and carapace.

Picnic time for Tyranids
The little Tyranids are having
A lovely time today.
Watch them catch you unawares,
And see them frolic on their holiday.

overthefalls posted:

I, overthefalls, oath 2 Mawlocs for June 2016

It's actually three, but I'm halfway through the first one.

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000
Oath Complete!

claiming time to relax theme challenge for the blighted bather.

Luebbi posted:

I, Luebbi, oath a Privateer Press Blighted Bather and Maxwell Finn this month

Won't have as much time to paint this month, so I'm only oathing these two... hopefully I'll get some more stuff finished, though.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Oath Complete!

Brigand Leader, Cephalyx, and Monstrosity - plenty of flesh for this month's jurnal

Undercity heroes and their steamjack

Bog Trog Trawlers and Mist Speakers

Brigadas

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Last update before the last item, the goals!
Can I claim Speed Painting?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Iceclaw posted:

Last update before the last item, the goals!
Can I claim Speed Painting?

Not without a time stamp,to prove when this was taken.

The Impaler
Dec 28, 2011

10 Brogies
20 GOTO 10
I, The Impaler, cheekily oath with under a day to go- a 28mm GW Grot

Time to knock out a test scheme for next month while I try and finish up the 20 or so other models in various painted stages on my desk.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
:siren:Quarterly prizes drawn for season 6.:siren:
Get over there and see if you won: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&pagenumber=53#post461601417

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Indolent Bastard posted:

Not without a time stamp,to prove when this was taken.

Alright !

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Oath complete!

I did the technical challenge with lots of skin on the wolfman and the witch, and I did the Box art achievement on the wolfman.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Oath Complete

It has been too rainy to get the matte varnish on them yet, but finished otherwise.

Radio Free Walrus
May 16, 2015
Oath Complete!
I really need either a better phone or some form of light-box it seems.

I'm claiming the Technical Challenge because while it may be green, undead, and broken in many places, these guys are mostly skin.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oath Complete!

I can see that I didn't highlight back of the far-right lady's toga, but I've got a wedding to prepare for and no time to fix it :(

Is this close enough for Box Art? This is the official studio paint job of the starting survivors. Unfortunately, I only looked at it at the start, and now see that I have gone quite far off base. Tall guy is purple, at least.

If it's close enough, that'll be Box Art, Squad Goals for painting the four survivors together, and the Theme in that they are all showing a bit of skin.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Lord_Hambrose posted:

It has been too rainy to get the matte varnish on them yet, but finished otherwise.

I matte varnished in my bathroom. :v:

INinja132
Aug 7, 2015

Oath completed!

Claiming Squad goals because there's a lot of the little guys.

Also claiming Speed Painting

Original image:

Completed:

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
June oath failed

I ended up biting off more than I could chew with the cultists due to real life things that popped up. Mainly packing for a move to a bigger apartment.

Oh well, I have some whales to save at some point now.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Oath complete!

And with it, I claim the following:
I rolled a 6 for the goal marker.
Box art for the Mason Guild Starter: http://store.guildball.com/masons-guild/mason-starter-set-honour-harmony-mallet
Speed Painting for Harmony, started here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774261&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=17#post461583518, ended at that moment (reupload beacause I forgot to put my name on the picture at the time. here https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774261&pagenumber=17&perpage=40#post461600800:)

#SquadGoals for the three Masons and their ball.
WIP Photos suppliedhere: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774261&userid=157296#post461144189, https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774261&userid=157296#post461583518!
I also claim the theme for the Widowmaker Marksman, who's quietly enjoying a nice wintery stroll.
And with it plus the Se7enth Heaven one, both the Journeyman and Apprentice

Iceclaw fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jul 1, 2016

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack
Oath Complete

Claiming the 24 hour speed paint and time to relax challenges

Speed paint start: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774261&pagenumber=17&perpage=40#post461576236

jubelio fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jul 1, 2016

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

I'm not creative enough to come up with something good
I, Dimo ArKacho, oath to complete this Emperor's Royal Guard with my 12 hours of remaining daylight. 28mm from Fantasy Flight.

Edit: Added my name to the picture

Dimo ArKacho fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jul 1, 2016

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out
Lethemonster oath complete.

This was less a model I felt like Id finished painting and more one I wanted to stop painting. I tried to use it to learn how to paint textures. Not entirely successful but I guess everything is a step forward.

Lethemonster fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jun 30, 2016

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
Oath Complete

There is enough to skin here to claim jurnal I hope. I know the thread is down on objectification howeverm

Dat rear end

Dem titties

Nipple-less Pec

Nipple rings

The other guys who have been sculpted leaning over making my efforts on the detail fruitless

Thank you scale 75 skin tones! I now love painting skin

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

I'm not creative enough to come up with something good
Body and shading more or less done. About to do a wash. More orange than I'd like, but I don't have a lot of variety to work with.

All things considered, I think it's going decently for a first try.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

enri posted:

I, enri, hereby oath to paint a savage orc archer and an imp (old GW familiar) to add to the frostgrave warband

I may add more, will take this month easy whilst I ease myself into a new job and all that jazz.

Oath complete!

Cutting it fine, only got these two finished tonight (and only got started on them last night), no bonus points this month other than:

- Summer’s here! Time to relax...

Quick question on July's theme challenge, can an entry for It's a Rescue! count towards the challenge? I have some guild ball fishermen guys that have been languishing on my desk for the best part of 10 months waiting to get finished off, they're kinda sea themed :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Oath Complete!

It is embarrassing how much better taking a camera photo in good light is than me ham handing it with a real camera.

• Locked thread