Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
131: http://bato.to/reader#3b3912daaff67a82
132: http://bato.to/reader#d2014a3720d1aa0e

THERE. Now there's no more god drat spoiler chapter looming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

They've planted corn everywhere.

Soiled Meat
Well, the honeymoon had to end sometime.

Pity it was only ten minutes long.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Well, I can see why that would be a good chapter to translate if you wanted to troll people in advance. Now we're in another genre altogether.

Even money that Akane was making half that poo poo up, though, because she's a jerk.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I went from :woop: to :ohdear: in the space of a few pages. This comic is real good.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Glad I didn't spoil myself on this chapter early. Quite a turnabout. Looking forward to see where this goes.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Covok posted:

Glad I didn't spoil myself on this chapter early. Quite a turnabout. Looking forward to see where this goes.

Probably still cute and dumb. Youko getting a growth spurt would be pretty funny.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

of course after all that wait and anxiety about the spoiler chapter, that's what "the truth" would be

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
its the end of an era

e: wait did you get them to take it down, i kinda wanted to hate read that chapter, bad translation and all

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
They took it down on their own. I had asked previously and they had refused. I guess they decided since we uploaded a correct translation that it was no longer needed.

EDIT: If you want to delve into the madness... http://mangapark.me/manga/jitsu-wa-watashi-wa-masuda-eiji/s2/c132/1

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Covok posted:

My money's on cute + dumb.

"stop oogling my fangs!"

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Tarage posted:

They took it down on their own. I had asked previously and they had refused. I guess they decided since we uploaded a correct translation that it was no longer needed.

EDIT: If you want to delve into the madness... http://mangapark.me/manga/jitsu-wa-watashi-wa-masuda-eiji/s2/c132/1

Thanks! That was pretty terrible, I'm glad I had the willpower to hold out till now. Thanks for all your hard work!

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
I spoiled myself a little bit before I realised "wait this doesn't follow from the previous chapter" and stopped. So I saw the first spoiler but not the second or third, and never got to the incredibly funny faces. I might not have even gotten to their version of Youko's accent.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
In any other series I'd have gotten severe tone whiplash from this series of events.

Here I just loved it. :allears:

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
This isn't even Youko's final form.

Imagine how cute & dumb she'll be then.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
This is a stark reminder of the need for adequate sex ed, even for mythical creatures.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

God, the expressions in these chapters. Pure gold, all of them, but especially when the truth was revealed.

I can't wait to find out how cute and dumb the vampire hunter is :allears:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
:tviv:

My god, Actual Vampire Shiragami Youko was pretty drat scary. Those slitted eyes. I think the perfect touch was those little veins in her wings, that really "made" the image. Wow. :stare:

Great chapters!!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

WOW YES I SURE AM WORRIED, JUST LIKE LAST TIME

Good chapter, congrats on the sex.

And yes, in case anyone has forgotten, Sen is the glasses guy in Momochi's and Mei's class.

Terper fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jun 30, 2016

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Man, this situation sure escalated quickly, in all sorts of good ways :allears: Seriously, I loved the return of Mission Control!

DrSunshine posted:

My god, Actual Vampire Shiragami Youko was pretty drat scary. Those slitted eyes. I think the perfect touch was those little veins in her wings, that really "made" the image. Wow. :stare:

Well, the author Masuda Eiji did start off as a horror mangaka. Considering how Daddygami might feel when he finds out what Youko did, you could say Eiji's still in the horror business :v:

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.
I'm so happy right now.

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Terper posted:

And yes, in case anyone has forgotten, Sen is the glasses guy in Momochi's and Mei's class.

Wait what?
I didn't recognize at him at all without glasses.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

somehow I feel like vampire hunters in this universe are not the harshest people in the world

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Turns out he's a vampire stalker, not a hunter

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Turns out he's a Vampire Head Hunter and he actually seeks out vampires to do vampire stuff.

Like, I dunno, summon bats or whatever. Be cute. Be dumb. Be both while being a vampire at the same time.

Subsidize markets in the morning, liquidate stocks in the afternoon, hang from the ceiling and discuss profits while flapping your wings in the evening. Worry about the boy your half-vampire daughter is seeing.

You know, typical corporate vampire stuff.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Rereading it again, I think it's super-:kimchi: how Youko's hand relaxes and her lips part as she goes through the kiss:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I have so many questions about the outcome of vampire bites now.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

TerminusEst13 posted:

Wait what?
I didn't recognize at him at all without glasses.

He didn't have the ponytail before, so I suspect shenanigans.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Turns out he's a Vampire Head Hunter and he actually seeks out vampires to do vampire stuff.

Like, I dunno, summon bats or whatever. Be cute. Be dumb. Be both while being a vampire at the same time.

Subsidize markets in the morning, liquidate stocks in the afternoon, hang from the ceiling and discuss profits while flapping your wings in the evening. Worry about the boy your half-vampire daughter is seeing.

You know, typical corporate vampire stuff.

He's a vampire hunter, he's actually a vampire that loves shooting deer and such.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

DrSunshine posted:

He's a vampire hunter, he's actually a vampire that loves shooting deer and such.

He's an ethically responsible hunter and just puts a tag on her to monitor her behavior

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

...that's very plausible.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Nope, he a full-on murderer and Kuromine will rush up only to find a handful of ashes where Youko once stood. The story will then turn into a disturbingly violent revenge fantasy.

:v:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Or he holds her up next to a big ruler, and then releases her back into the wild like a sport fisherman.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

a kitten posted:

Or he holds her up next to a big ruler, and then releases her back into the wild like a sport fisherman.

He'll just show up in the background of subsequent chapters constantly making exaggerated gestures about how big the vampire he caught was.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
lmao, this manga. It doesn't always have a homerun and some jokes are repeated way too much (well, mostly the charismatic pervert stuff) but it's on frequently enough with chapters like this that I'll always keep coming back.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I'm glad that finally have both context for that spoiler chapter, and a readable version of it. It's pretty cool that you worked to release both at once, too.

Cute kiss moments are always my favorite in mangas like this.:kimchi: And while the hunter at the end is definitely worrying a little bit, this:

Terper posted:

WOW YES I SURE AM WORRIED, JUST LIKE LAST TIME

made me relax a bit. We'll be fine, folks.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I think it's more plausible that he just has a thing for vampires and wants her to bite him.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

somebody should really give Karen her halo back

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I just find it funny that most manga series can't get past will they/won't they and this manga went from they did, to they go out, to they kissed, to they (technically) sexed. What's next? They 'adopt' an underclassman and they technically have a kid?

JiWaWaWa breaking barriers.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Doesn't this imply that her father is so tall because he just couldn't stop banging his wife? Or maybe all full vampires are naturally that tall...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

There Bias Two posted:

Doesn't this imply that her father is so tall because he just couldn't stop banging his wife? Or maybe all full vampires are naturally that tall...

Well they did mention he suddenly grew to be ten feet tall late in high school so that would add up :v:

Probably a full vampire thing, though. It would be fun if she grew to be taller than Kuromine.

• Locked thread