Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Speaking of MLM type scams, this girl I know is into the whole shakeology thing. You basically pay them some outrageous amount of money, I can't remember but I want to say around 150 a month or more, for one "shake" a day. It has ~~special superfood ingredients~~ that a regular healthy diet can't cover and is some big game changer. Also she claims a shakeology has a "Whopping 15 grams of protein!" She's constantly peddling it, and always refers to it as "my business!" Also she's always doing or peddling those "get shredded in 21 days!" types of fitness programs as well. She's been doing this whole thing a few years now, and looks exactly the same as when I first met her, yet still posts photos of how "toned" she has gotten.

When she tried to get me to buy it, I told her the deal(politely of course, she is my friend after all) she got fairly upset and wanted to link me some "proof" which were testimonials from their website.

e: she also feeds it to her baby too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

BJPaskoff posted:

This is the most privileged complaint about cops there can possibly be, right?

None of those things enrage me more than people failing to use their loving turn signal.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Speaking of MLM type scams, this girl I know is into the whole shakeology thing. You basically pay them some outrageous amount of money, I can't remember but I want to say around 150 a month or more, for one "shake" a day. It has ~~special superfood ingredients~~ that a regular healthy diet can't cover and is some big game changer. Also she claims a shakeology has a "Whopping 15 grams of protein!" She's constantly peddling it, and always refers to it as "my business!" Also she's always doing or peddling those "get shredded in 21 days!" types of fitness programs as well. She's been doing this whole thing a few years now, and looks exactly the same as when I first met her, yet still posts photos of how "toned" she has gotten.

When she tried to get me to buy it, I told her the deal(politely of course, she is my friend after all) she got fairly upset and wanted to link me some "proof" which were testimonials from their website.

You can get that much protein from chicken for like uh a quarter.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

BJPaskoff posted:

Sometimes they even run red lights!

Who polices the police?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

BJPaskoff posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDy41hvdq4s

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

DemeaninDemon posted:

You can get that much protein from chicken for like uh a quarter.

A serving of yogurt, even. My typical post workout protein shakes usually have like 50-70. It's her life, so she can obviously do what makes her happy, I just hate how its peddling misinformation and preying on the ignorance of others who may be looking into trying to get into shape. She legit thinks the company loves helping people and it's not about making money at all. Pretty cult-like, actually.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I've unfollowed my cousin since she started this crap, about 6 months after she had a baby. I get the feeling my sister is going to do the same thing when she has her baby.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
The new ERB involved Bruce Jenner. You can imagine what you'll find in the comments...

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

AGC.

E: Wrong thread.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I've unfollowed my cousin since she started this crap, about 6 months after she had a baby. I get the feeling my sister is going to do the same thing when she has her baby.

I bet she loves being part of that pyramid scheme that is eating up her life savings.

Or cult.

Gridlocked has a new favorite as of 12:32 on Jun 30, 2016

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

BigglesSWE posted:

The new ERB involved Bruce Jenner. You can imagine what you'll find in the comments...

Vehicular homicide?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I'm glad I started the pyramid scheme talk if only for

Idiots on Social Media + 2 free jars of sprinkles!!!!

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Ularg posted:

I'm glad I started the pyramid scheme talk if only for

Idiots on Social Media + 2 free jars of sprinkles!!!!

I keep thinking of that "one day of daycare" donation and I just imagine it's a kid who gets to go to a resort and have a great time. And then BAM. Back to the prison that your mother created for you. What the gently caress is Pink Zebra!?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Boywhiz88 posted:

I keep thinking of that "one day of daycare" donation and I just imagine it's a kid who gets to go to a resort and have a great time. And then BAM. Back to the prison that your mother created for you. What the gently caress is Pink Zebra!?

I didn't even realize how expensive day care was. $500 a day?!

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Not idiots but more of a "welcome to the internet" moment.

A major local radio station runs a story about a guy and his waifu.

:allears:

E: V Done! Will update if it goes anywhere.

Radio Paranoia has a new favorite as of 13:26 on Jun 30, 2016

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Please comment on their facebook post with the Joe Biden waifu pictures.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Pot Of Shoe posted:

Anyway content. All of these were added within the past year by an old high school acquaintance:

loving Darwin lovers can't have sticker families!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Psalms 23

Even most Christians I know would probably find this guy insufferable.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Ularg posted:

Please comment on their facebook post with the Joe Biden waifu pictures.

so much for ron paul

joe biden already made anime real

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Ularg posted:

I didn't even realize how expensive day care was. $500 a day?!

If you exceed 500 dollars at the party, then they will pay for a day of daycare at some place. They're not saying a day of daycare costs 500 dollars.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

I'll have you know each serving of Shakeology contains the same nutritional value as:

3 cups of romaine lettuce
4 cups of raw mushrooms
1 shot of wheatgrass
1 bowl of exotic fruit
3 raw onions
7 raw carrots
4 cups of non-fat yogurt
4 cups of red radishes
4 cups of raw broccoli
1 cup of peas
AND
10 cups of cauliflower

I was given a bag by my friend and it tastes good but for 150 a month I'd rather buy real food. But then again, she makes 80,000 a year being a Beachbody coach so what do I know.

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

A secretary at my job got super into Pink Zebra for a while. I'm just glad she never tried to sell that bullshit to me, but I know the other secretary got it full blast.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

poptart_fairy posted:

It's like the same people who hate Milo Yiannopoulos so much are, coincidentally, the ones who don't get he's deliberately stirring poo poo up and are just giving him exactly what he wants.

and google recognises me typing his name as mil yillNPOLOUA :iiam:

Nah man you don't get to be an rear end in a top hat under the "I'm just trolling" cover.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

He's still an rear end in a top hat but when he's so clearly baiting people it can be exasperating seeing people fall for it again and again.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

EmmyOk posted:

He's still an rear end in a top hat but when he's so clearly baiting people it can be exasperating seeing people fall for it again and again.

Exactly. There's a difference between "this guy is an rear end in a top hat" and "omg this guy is an rear end in a top hat who just wants attention so keep giving him attention again and again :qq:".

Like, come the gently caress on.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

poptart_fairy posted:

Exactly. There's a difference between "this guy is an rear end in a top hat" and "omg this guy is an rear end in a top hat who just wants attention so keep giving him attention again and again :qq:".

Like, come the gently caress on.

Ignoring him won't make him go away, that has literally never once worked in all of human history. It'll just make him become more and more obnoxious until he does get the attention he craves. So might as well keep him from escalating and get some catharsis in the process.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
A friend of a friend actually works for Milo, I'm not really sure the best way to articulate "your friend is helping out a poo poo-head, so might be a bit lovely by association"

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Who What Now posted:

Ignoring him won't make him go away, that has literally never once worked in all of human history. It'll just make him become more and more obnoxious until he does get the attention he craves. So might as well keep him from escalating and get some catharsis in the process.

How do you keep someone from escalating by doing the exact thing that's escalating them.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Who What Now posted:

Yeah this. Ask any woman on the Internet how well attempting to ignore assholes makes them leave you alone.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

poptart_fairy posted:

How do you keep someone from escalating by doing the exact thing that's escalating them.

I think what escalates him more is his army of cheering syncophants who unironically agree with the poo poo he says.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Who What Now posted:

lol

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

zakharov posted:

I think what escalates him more is his army of cheering syncophants who unironically agree with the poo poo he says.

But we're not talking specifically about Milo, we're talking about people who say poo poo just to get an angry response and then get a constant, predictable stream of angry responses - usually from people who should know better or routinely end up making that poo poo carry further than it would otherwise would.

I mean if you wanna pat yourself on the back for fighting the good fight go ahead, but lets not pretend it's the smart thing to do.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

poptart_fairy posted:

But we're not talking specifically about Milo,

poptart_fairy posted:

It's like the same people who hate Milo Yiannopoulos so much are, coincidentally, the ones who don't get he's deliberately stirring poo poo up and are just giving him exactly what he wants.

and google recognises me typing his name as mil yillNPOLOUA :iiam:

gently caress you.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Who What Now posted:

peace for our time

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

oldpainless posted:

But then again, she makes 80,000 a year being a Beachbody coach so what do I know.

(minus the 60,000 she spends on "having a full inventory (which she will never sell)", "business expenses", gas, business cards, posters, flyers, banners, bumper stickers, cards, T-shirts, "prizes", seminars, DVDs, meetings, clothing for meetings, daycare during "parties", party supplies, and snickers bars to help her swallow the fact that her life is a lie)

She'll be rich any day now!

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Avenging_Mikon posted:

gently caress you.

Milo was the first name that came to mind as the thread keeps bringing him up. Use any generic twitter warrior in place of him. When you're screaming at someone that wants you to scream at them, you're not stopping any sort of escalation - it's almost identical to those people that scream about how stupid a jpeg is, sharing it with increasingly angry social media messages attached.

That jpeg does not give a poo poo. It will not look any stupider just because you're getting angry at it.

vvvv - Hahaha, yeah.

poptart_fairy has a new favorite as of 16:39 on Jun 30, 2016

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

poptart_fairy posted:

But we're not talking specifically about Milo, we're talking about people who say poo poo just to get an angry response and then get a constant, predictable stream of angry responses - usually from people who should know better or routinely end up making that poo poo carry further than it would otherwise would.

pcosbill.txt

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Well speaking of IOSM, I haven't seen him in forever. Did something happen? Or is he just posting under his Poptart_fairy account now?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

He got probated because people couldn't handle his truth bombs.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I didn't think it really had to be explained that if you get outraged at a person whose entire thing is stirring up outrage and controversy you are doing exactly what they want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Who is this Milo dude? I've had more than enough context clues that he is a dude who sucks, but I don't care enough to actually sort through the results from Googling him.