Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Val Helmethead posted:

A quick reminder to everyone that you cannot put 2 of the same upgrades on a single ship, so no double grav well shenanigans.

On the other hand Grav Well / Reroll Well is a viable combination, I think.

The Interdictor title lets you use any of those upgrades twice in the same turn, just not on the same ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

And the Liberty is out today. https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/6/29/the-liberty/

Honestly it's been a while since I've played Armada, but I think the Imperials won out? At least of the two ships. The movement profile for the Liberty is really odd, and the Interdictor can do some crazy things.

Also of the admirals Konstantine feels better because he's cheaper and fucks with the enemy.

Eimi fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jun 29, 2016

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Eimi posted:

And the Liberty is out today. https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/6/29/the-liberty/

Honestly it's been a while since I've played Armada, but I think the Imperials won out? At least of the two ships. The movement profile for the Liberty is really odd, and the Interdictor can do some crazy things.

Also of the admirals Konstantine feels better because he's cheaper and fucks with the enemy.

The Interdictor is definitely the sexier option since it's kind of that the rebels just get their own Victory while the Imps get a lot more interesting toys with their expansion. As someone who is very bad at maneuvering I think i'll be getting some use out of Crix Madine

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

The Interdictor is definitely the sexier option since it's kind of that the rebels just get their own Victory while the Imps get a lot more interesting toys with their expansion. As someone who is very bad at maneuvering I think i'll be getting some use out of Crix Madine

To be fair it's way better than the VSD. Losing the 2 click sucks but its better than losing the 1. It's not as much of a rock as the VSD though. I really don't know how to begin with the new toys, as just the Gozanti has been really hard for me to fit into a fleet. And I just don't get how to build a Rebel fleet at all.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I kind of want to try make a fleet for this competition thing, even though I have zero idea how to play the game and thus negative idea when it comes to fleet construction.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Arquinsiel posted:

I kind of want to try make a fleet for this competition thing, even though I have zero idea how to play the game and thus negative idea when it comes to fleet construction.

My approach to fleet design is very much throw the biggest toughest dumbest thing at someone and hope I can brute force it. So I doubt I'd win any design content. :v: (This is also why I'm bad at Rebels as they have no real Motti like admiral and no workhorse brick like the VSD.) I don't really know how to fit the Interdictor into stuff. It's so expensive it designs working with it specifically but if you say take an ISD it really limits what you can do. It may work but my mind doesn't quickly get how to work with that kind of fleet.

Eimi fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jun 30, 2016

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
:siren:

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

CSI has an Armada sale starting today and ending on the third.

:siren:

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

I don't have any Gladiators, is it worth getting 2?

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Finster Dexter posted:

I don't play much but IIRC yes, they were pretty much the king ship of wave 1. With the ISD + Home 1 I understand they melt a lot faster, but I can't imagine they're worthless now.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Finster Dexter posted:

Gladiators are still quite strong. You just have to be careful with their manuvering. You either want to be first player so you can move a gladiator in close at the end of one turn, and activate at the start of the next. Or you need to be very careful about manuvering and drop them into a weaker side or rear arc.

Also just having a gladiator with the Demolisher title on the table can be quite powerful. Most players will drastically change their plans to deal with Demolisher. Granted, they have good reason, as 3 sets of 4 attack dice along with ordinance crits can mean enough damage to take down everything short of an ISD.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Is it just on certain ships like their Xwing sale, or is it everything? And how much more than their normal discount. I barely play Armada, and I kind of view it more as a game that I want to like, rather than one I like, but I can get 1 of everything Rebel for like 100$. :ohdear:

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

This looks promising:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=713586082

e: Holy crap, this is awesome!

tutorial: http://imgur.com/a/SML3E

Finster Dexter fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jul 6, 2016

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Well I actually managed to get into the top four for the fleet design contest. :toot: I totally did not expect that, glad I entered.

I'm the one girl.

Eimi fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jul 8, 2016

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

Eimi posted:

Well I actually managed to get into the top four for the fleet design contest. :toot: I totally did not expect that, glad I entered.

I'm the one girl.

Congrats! Love to see a Victory-based list, I haven't seen one on the table in ages. I'll be rooting for you!

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

blackmongoose posted:

Congrats! Love to see a Victory-based list, I haven't seen one on the table in ages. I'll be rooting for you!

Thanks! I love the VSD, and I've had the most success with a ISD 2 VSD so a large bulky fleet is what I like, and Konstantine just looks absolutely insane with that kind of list, because it's every ship in range. The amount of control he gives is bonkers. Of course on this list I had no idea what to do for squadrons so I just stuck a bunch of TIEs and go for deployment/activation advantage, but it might be better to drop a Gozanti and use a Howl/Soontir/Advanced ball instead, as that can punch up so well.

Eimi fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jul 9, 2016

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Eimi posted:

I'm the one girl.

You are winning the contest by a massive margin. 42% to the next highest at 23%. Plus your list is by far the coolest, because Victory Star Destroyers.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Kilo147 posted:

You are winning the contest by a massive margin. 42% to the next highest at 23%. Plus your list is by far the coolest, because Victory Star Destroyers.

:eyepop: Just you wait VSD's will have their day in the sun.

KO Derf
Jan 14, 2003

Doctor Rope

Eimi posted:

VSD's will have their day in the sun.
I've been using nothing but ISDs since they came out, your list seems radically different than what I m using now. Plus VSDs are a lot of fun, I can't wait to try it out!

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Eimi posted:

I'm the one girl.

Yessss. Rooting for you. Your list is also by far the coolest looking in miniature form, so it's got that going for it too.

e: please troll all of us by naming it Daala's Darksabers

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

New armada tourney rules. They've modified points completely, no more draws, lowest win is 6-5 and the margins have been lowered. Byes are now 8 points with an MoV of 140.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Coop campaign, new objectives included, new unique fighter pilots, Alex Davy is talking about the final game in the campaign being 2000 points on each side, release this year

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Huh, is that just cards and rules and such? With no models? (Unless I'm blind and don't see any of the models.)

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

yep, no models.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Neat, should mean it is relatively cheap too.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

How many people can field a 2000 pt fleet?

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-
That's why it can be cheap, because it'll make you buy a bunch more ships :D

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

pbpancho posted:

That's why it can be cheap, because it'll make you buy a bunch more ships :D

well played, ffg

Val Helmethead
Apr 24, 2009

Pittsburgh is stored in the balls.

Multiplayer? Everyone pools their Imperials, and runs 500pt fleets each?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Look at all these poors with only 1 ISD :smugbert:

I don't even have 1 ISD :smith:

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

zVxTeflon posted:

*raises his hand*

Although I wouldn't be surprised if a 2000 point battle was for like a 4-5 player co-op campaign.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

zVxTeflon posted:

Probably more than anyone feels comfortable admitting.

If its a campaign maybe you put together a 2000pt list of your entire fleet and then field chunks from it in each game? That way you could have more ships of a class than you actually own to use up over the course of the campaign.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-
From a rough count I've got about 1200pts of Rebel capital ships (if you include my Flotilla and Wave IV orders), without upgrades or squadrons. Shouldn't be too hard to hit 2k, especially since I have 2 of each squadron packs and I think 4 Rogues & Villains. Imperials pretty similar I think.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Val Helmethead posted:

Multiplayer? Everyone pools their Imperials, and runs 500pt fleets each?

This makes the most sense. With 500 points you can fit in the big ships that make up the later expansion waves.

Man, just when I mentally budget for the next two waves, FFG figures out a new way to get my money. This is definitely FFG being inspired by heroes of the Aturi cluster, right?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Is it wrong that I'm more excited of the possibility of model-less Xwing expansions? Granted Xwing and Armada probably don't have the same licensing issues, but I would kill for an Xwing expansion of nothing but cards and cardboard to fix things. :ohdear:

Also I have maybe 1000+ points of Imperial stuff and no Rebel stuff. (2 ISD, 2 Raider, 1 Glad, 1 Vic, 2 Imp Squad, Core.)

Eimi fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jul 15, 2016

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Congrats!!

https://twitter.com/FFGames/status/754068740933873664
That fleet looks fun as hell to command

Sushi in Yiddish fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jul 15, 2016

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Congrats!!

https://twitter.com/FFGames/status/754068740933873664
That fleet looks fun as hell to command

:woop:

That's awesome. And yeah I totally look forward to whenever they release wave 4 to do it for real. Interdictors are going to be such assholes.

The actual battle report is pretty funny. A lot of just driving forward, and I am shocked the VSDs were focused first.

Eimi fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jul 15, 2016

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

GA Thrawn is officially confirmed back! Appearing in Rebels and Zahn is writing a new book for next year about him!

I hope we see him on an expansion in the near future

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Langolas posted:

GA Thrawn is officially confirmed back! Appearing in Rebels and Zahn is writing a new book for next year about him!

Say hello to the new EU, same as the old EU apparently.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Kai Tave posted:

Say hello to the new EU, same as the old EU apparently.

I hope his force blocking gecko gets a card too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Langolas posted:

"Katana Fleet" Dreadnought with Thrawn admiral card perhaps.