Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Libertine posted:

I can't tell who I like more, Afreeca or ESC Ever. They are both awesome. Although neither probably has a shot in hell of making the LCK playoffs which is sad. They both had great series today.

e: also re: SKT, they need to (from most to least important):
1) Mentally unfuck their junglers. Bengi and Blank are both just making baffling decisions game-in / game-out.
2) Stop making Faker play utility mids, that should never happen. Either put Bang on utility carry or Duke on utility tank. Faker on Karma is a loving travesty.
3) Let Wolf play more engage melee supports. I'm kind of tired of seeing him on Soraka/Nami. I don't feel like those are his strength. His Alistar is probably the best in the world. He can play the other melee tank supports as well. He's much more fun to watch on those and I feel like he has a much larger impact on those as well.

SKT needs a break more than anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
TLA showcasing some LCS tier Baron throws down in the Challenger Series right now.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Nidalee/Lee Sin/Yasuo on one team. :getin:

Dueling Bandsaws
Mar 3, 2016
I haven't played LoL in a while, but I've started to start watching streams as a way to have some background noise while doing other things. Given the lengthy digressions about keybinds and STEEL-FORGED NIPPONESE STEEL I'm guessing these aren't the A-games for anyone involved.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Dueling Bandsaws posted:

I haven't played LoL in a while, but I've started to start watching streams as a way to have some background noise while doing other things. Given the lengthy digressions about keybinds and STEEL-FORGED NIPPONESE STEEL I'm guessing these aren't the A-games for anyone involved.

It's Challenger, and Enix is baaaaaaddd

Dueling Bandsaws
Mar 3, 2016

Schnorkles posted:

It's Challenger, and Enix is baaaaaaddd

I'm willing to give casters a little bit of leeway on the first few minutes of most games, since both sides are pretty much going through rote motions unless they lane switch. Still though, stop talking about Soraka's ringtone when there's a goddamn team fighting starting.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Schnorkles posted:

Nidalee/Lee Sin/Yasuo on one team. :getin:
Also, Corki :confused:

Is Eanix taking a dive or something? This is one of the worst "serious" (i.e. not that Jungle Ashe game) drafts I've ever seen. My average solo queue teams have better comps.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Killed By Death posted:

Is Eanix taking a dive or something? This is one of the worst "serious" (i.e. not that Jungle Ashe game) drafts I've ever seen. My average solo queue teams have better comps.

they're locked into last place, basically. It was a "lets all play our favorite champs" game and then get out rotated and blown out at 25 minutes.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

welp, that might be the dumbest fight I have ever seen in professional LoL.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
thorin accurately destroying krepo on the new SI: '...essentially the world's most over-glorified lolking support build guide creator'

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Lovechop posted:

thorin accurately destroying krepo on the new SI: '...essentially the world's most over-glorified lolking support build guide creator'

:drat:

Real though that's actually loving hilarious.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Schnorkles posted:

they're locked into last place, basically. It was a "lets all play our favorite champs" game and then get out rotated and blown out at 25 minutes.

What else could one expect from a team featuring RF Legendary, Evaniskus and loving Poppers? No idea how this lineup came to be.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'm predicting ROX/SKT/KT for World's this year. I wish more Korean teams had stepped it up, though. Jin Air seems like they've got the most momentum but they gas easily around the middle of the season and who the gently caress knows what's wrong with the Lonzhu All-Star team, I guess none of them have any synergy. I was hoping to see Jin Air and Samsung make it, but the three Vet teams seem to just be the lock-in again.

Over in NA I'm guessing Cloud9, TSM, and Immortals unless CLG make a miracle run through the gauntlet again.
In EU FNatic and G2 seem like they're already locked in, it's hard to predict who makes the third place in EU but it's a shame Giants didn't do better.
LMS is going to get Flash Wolves again and that's all that matters :downs: (They're currently undefeated, not even dropping a tie)

I'd like to see new blood at World's this year, but even Immortals is composed of players that were already at World's last year

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Yeah I think it will be
SKT Rox KT
EDG RNG team 3???
TSM immortals and C9
G2 FNC and H2K

No idea about lms or iwc

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I wish MVP were going to world's.

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Libertine posted:

Yeah I think it will be
SKT Rox KT
EDG RNG team 3???
TSM immortals and C9
G2 FNC and H2K

No idea about lms or iwc

My list is identical except replace C9 with APX

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Libertine posted:

Yeah I think it will be
SKT Rox KT
EDG RNG team 3???
TSM immortals and C9
G2 FNC and H2K

No idea about lms or iwc

I assume Flash Wolves and either J Team or Ahq for LMS.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

kirtar posted:

I assume Flash Wolves and either J Team or Ahq for LMS.
Either team could make it, but Flash Wolves are a lock but it's hard to say how good they are right now because they're just steam rolling the other LMS teams.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
really enjoyed C9C vs APP g 2. Contractz shows so much potential, if he learns to tamper his aggressiveness and becomes more careful he could be a beast in the jungle as he gets older.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Killed By Death posted:

And now they've lost some of their players to Elo Boosting bans

Though, given how bad the team was doing I can kind of sympathize.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Expect has been hitting some really good Gnar ult + TP plays.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Smol posted:

Expect has been hitting some really good Gnar ult + TP plays.

yeah g2 were going sick.

also seeing full dmg jar man on a team that's 15k+ behind is p sad

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Does it mean anything that LSPL team Legend Dragon are ripping up their group in Demacia Cup, or is that just standard Demacia Cup weirdness (plus iG being bad)?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

They failed to promote the last two splits and have a bunch of LMS players on their roster. There, now you know as much about Legend Dragon as 99% of people living outside of China. I've been watching LSPL again lately but haven't seen any of their games. Demacia Cup is a shitload of games over a short period of time and goofy things do happen.

Its actually really hard to learn about these LSPL teams even if you can watch the games though. Casters aren't always super duper well informed but they typically know some of the players or at least can give you some background on the teams. Without knowing anything about a team other than watching some individual games it's very hard to draw any meaningful conclusions.

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
I wonder if H2K are going to play two games or only one game today

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I'm all about watching whatever stream Krepo isn't casting.

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
hmm... Zilean ult Draven or Gragas who does no damage?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

It's kind of curious how popular Gnar has become in the last few weeks. Riot just buffed him on 6.13 because of how bad he was, and teams have been prioritizing him for the last two patches before that.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Libertine posted:

It's kind of curious how popular Gnar has become in the last few weeks. Riot just buffed him on 6.13 because of how bad he was, and teams have been prioritizing him for the last two patches before that.

I was under the impression that it was usually some counterpick.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

kirtar posted:

I was under the impression that it was usually some counterpick.

It was established as an anti-Trundle pick but in the last week or so it's become a priority generalist pick for a wide variety of match-ups. And in the 6.13 patch notes Riot said Gnar is too weak and gave him significant buffs.

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Ryu gets paid millions of dollars to play League of Legends and takes up an import slot :psyduck:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ryu is a pretty good use of an import slot and is a fine mid who has done a good job of adapting to fit his teams needs

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
ryu is good as long as he doesn't have to play bo5s

same goes for all of h2k actually

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Ryu is all right he is just wildly inconsistent -- which is totally consistent with the rest of H2K's roster in perpetuity.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Libertine posted:

Ryu is all right he is just wildly inconsistent -- which is totally consistent with the rest of H2K's roster in perpetuity.

jankos is reignover and the entire rest of the h2k squad is huni

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Roccat just blind pick first picked Gnar.

What patch are they playing today again does anyone know? I missed the start of the broadcast.

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Libertine posted:

Is an import slot worth "all right" talent?

I guess we'll find out at Worlds.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Yes? Like who else are they going to be 1) playing mid from local talent or 2) importing at another position

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

YancyQ posted:

Is an import slot worth "all right" talent?

I guess we'll find out at Worlds.

Most teams don't get to spend their import slots on world class players. There aren't that many world class players to go around. Ryu was a great signing when they made it that has gradually lost it's luster with age; however it's not clear from his performance relative to the rest of his team that they deserve a better player or that a better import would want to play for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I know EU teams love to just import who the gently caress ever and assume it's going to work but it does not actually just work like that.

• Locked thread