Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

Working as intended...

:bang:

Yeah I don't think today is gonna happen.

This sounds pretty widespread. Their lack of competence amuses me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Malgrin posted:

This sounds pretty widespread. Their lack of competence amuses me.

They must have hosed something up. I commented in qgj chat last night my final node was a full lvl 80 7* squad of dooku (l), daka, rg, qgj, geo soldat all g9 or g10 except qgj who was g8. My arena squad is only 30k power and that team must have been 34 or 35 minimum.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Even with getting my QGJ to 7* and my Leia bumping my top five power up I can fully auto battle GW without losing anybody with a squad that's just 5* Barris (L), 7* Lumi, 5* Leia, 6* Rey and 7* QGJ.

Barris isn't even well skilled and I don't think anyone is better than G8.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

Even with getting my QGJ to 7* and my Leia bumping my top five power up I can fully auto battle GW without losing anybody with a squad that's just 5* Barris (L), 7* Lumi, 5* Leia, 6* Rey and 7* QGJ.

Barris isn't even well skilled and I don't think anyone is better than G8.

Have you tried today's GW? They seem to have rolled back the let's make GW easier patch.

e: 8th node: 7432 Phasma, 7892 RG, 7759 QGJ, 6968 GS, 7190 Rey. That's 37,231 power total. My arena squad has 36,708 power.

Finally beat it with QGJ (L), Bariss, EE, RG, Daka with everyone at full health. Goddamn that took a lot of tries, and at one point I was just down to QGJ and Daka...and they were both hurting.

9 was easy, 10 was hard, 11 was hard. 12 had 3-4* heroes, like has been reported elsewhere.

CG has acknowledged that Scanners were supposed to cost 1400, and they will in the future.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jun 30, 2016

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

So, raise your hand if you're an idiot who thought that all shipments cost crystals, instead of some of them costing credits, thus wasting months of possible gear.

:saddowns:

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

MichiganCubbie posted:

So, raise your hand if you're an idiot who thought that all shipments cost crystals, instead of some of them costing credits, thus wasting months of possible gear.

:saddowns:

I rarely get anything useful to purchase with credits.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

cowofwar posted:

I rarely get anything useful to purchase with credits.

Yup, nothing I ever want here. I usually get 1-3 shipments per day that I actually want for credits. Nothing exciting, but sometimes I get these or the tenacity ones and that's cool.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I'd be more worried about never ever getting daily completion bonus

edit: actually no not having Mk3 Sienar holo projectors is the worst.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

kaschei posted:

I'd be more worried about never ever getting daily completion bonus

edit: actually no not having Mk3 Sienar holo projectors is the worst.

I have never gotten a daily completion because of this. I always thought everything in there needed crystals.

:L
Oct 28, 2004

Lol. How long have you been playing again? This is too funny I'm sorry, you poor soul

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

MichiganCubbie posted:

I have never gotten a daily completion because of this. I always thought everything in there needed crystals.

Ah man, hopefully you're not 80 and missing out on those Omega tokens

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Malgrin posted:

Have you tried today's GW? They seem to have rolled back the let's make GW easier patch.

e: 8th node: 7432 Phasma, 7892 RG, 7759 QGJ, 6968 GS, 7190 Rey. That's 37,231 power total. My arena squad has 36,708 power.

Finally beat it with QGJ (L), Bariss, EE, RG, Daka with everyone at full health. Goddamn that took a lot of tries, and at one point I was just down to QGJ and Daka...and they were both hurting.

9 was easy, 10 was hard, 11 was hard. 12 had 3-4* heroes, like has been reported elsewhere.

CG has acknowledged that Scanners were supposed to cost 1400, and they will in the future.

I just did GW and auto'd through it like usual. I did see a few more droid teams than usual and Rey died in the second to last fight, but I was autoing GW before they patched it to be easier recently too so v:shobon:v

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Keep in mind Rabidsquid doesnt have a max team, so whatever algorithm is broken in GW may not affect him due to his squad's power level. I think once you're near 30k you start getting turbo hosed on final node. And when you reach 35k you get the weird thing where you get turbo hosed on other nodes and then it errors out trying to find a team to really turbo gently caress you and rolls back around to nothing which is why you get those weird 3* squads.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Jerkface posted:

Keep in mind Rabidsquid doesnt have a max team, so whatever algorithm is broken in GW may not affect him due to his squad's power level. I think once you're near 30k you start getting turbo hosed on final node. And when you reach 35k you get the weird thing where you get turbo hosed on other nodes and then it errors out trying to find a team to really turbo gently caress you and rolls back around to nothing which is why you get those weird 3* squads.

Didn't read this post and autoed this morning while getting ready for work. Lost my full Jedi team on fight 6.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Hughlander posted:

Didn't read this post and autoed this morning while getting ready for work. Lost my full Jedi team on fight 6.

Yeah, I hit death squads at like 6, 7, 8, 10, and 11.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Still broken.

Edit: never mind, dev reply:

quote:

Talk about a lucky last match! We've looked into this and have found there are no known issues, so this is not a bug. Cheers!

And he locked the thread afterwards.

lol at these devs, seriously.

Mr. Neutron fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jul 1, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

Still broken.

Edit: never mind, dev reply:

And he locked the thread afterwards.

lol at these devs, seriously.

Yeah, this is pretty funny. I mean, if I didn't really really like Star Wars, I would have quit this game a long time ago. Then again, I'd probably just be playing another lovely game that sucked as much as this one, so whatever. Lightsabers and poo poo.

e: I forgot about my challenges tonight. Fortunately I managed to get all but one of them done (and the last one I did finish I started with 15 seconds to spare...)

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Jul 1, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The thing about GW that sorta drives me nuts, and this doesn't personally affect me at all, is like the people that have to spend 40+ minutes to finish this poo poo and have to have multiple teams, all to get the exact same rewards they got at level 20. Making it scale in difficulty but not prizes, I don't know, it seems like people wouldn't be as unhappy if they weren't struggling to get the same poo poo they got before.

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
So I guess they stealth updated GW to make it harder again... seriously?!

They keep making low effort changes to GW but it's still a dumb daily grind that is basically a necessity because of the credit rewards.

I get that it should be challenging because the whole point of it is to test the depth of your roster... but it's currently an overlong trial-by-error borefest thanks to the protection mechanic.

They should make it much shorter but keep the challenge high some other way, like only being able to send each toon into battle once or twice to force you to mix up your roster.

CG & EA are a bunch of clueless idiots judging by the number of fuckups this past week. That dev comment is a joke... put a bit of effort into your game guys!

Basically what I'm saying is I like collecting all the Star Wars guys and the team building and squad synergies and stuff, but I don't want to spend hours a day playing your sucky game EA :colbert:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

And yeah my pvp squad is actually lower powered than my GW squad is, which is extremely unusual I take it.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Just thought about this...

How much do you want to bet there's a roll-over in the ranking code and it was July 1 12:00 GMT when the matches were seeded.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I would count it much more likely that gw says "your arena team score is X, your opponents are from pools with power ~ X-1000, X, X+1000," and for really highly rated teams that last pool is empty so it gives a randomly generated team.

Seeding definitely isn't done for everyone at the same time, it happens when you reset GW.

They've also said it's based on rating not ranking but they say s lot of bs.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

No i didn't suspect seeding happened at the same time but rather that the bucket resets on a month rollover. Let's see what 7/31 looks like and if we bitch then. I didn't even do any pvp on 6/29 for my rank to change but the opponent makeup was vastly different.

Number Muncher
Dec 21, 2005

Jerkface posted:

They must have hosed something up. I commented in qgj chat last night my final node was a full lvl 80 7* squad of dooku (l), daka, rg, qgj, geo soldat all g9 or g10 except qgj who was g8. My arena squad is only 30k power and that team must have been 34 or 35 minimum.

I ran into that same squad for my final node and my GW team /Arena team is only 26K power.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Let me chat with you all about my plans to expand my roster into the future, and solicit some feedback from everyone. My SWGoH profile is at: https://swgoh.gg/u/werrwaaa/collection/

Arena Shipments: I have Sid at 6* and STHan at 7*, currently farming Leia. This is the toughest decision because there are so many characters in here that I want. I think I will aim for the two droids because I want a droid team. But I also like Sith and Scoundrels, so AV, SO, and Greedo are tempting. AA is, too, because he is good.

Cantina Shipments: I have Daka and QGJ at 5*, currently farming QGJ then back to Daka. After that I don't know. Fet, Poe, and Tano are all tempting for various reasons. Mostly coolness more than effectiveness.

GW Shipments: Phasma, Tebo, and Lumi are all 7*. Working of 86. After that Poggles. Hence my emphasis on droids in Arena shipments. Last will be Cad then NSI probably, them funneling into future Vader/Grevious purchases.

Cantina nodes: Right now Barriss. After that Ben. GS is already 7*. By then I hope to have the RG node unlocked, or I'll farm Chirpa.

Guild Shipments: Rey first (she is close), then Engeneer, then Ewok Healer, then maybe IGD for the Jediness.

My current arena team is: Phasma (L), Rey, RG, GS, and Lumi. My goal is to auto everything because I'm lazy and only care if I can hover around rank 50 which I can with little issue. I can't get better than that, though, even with effort; so if you have suggestions please let me know. This is my GW team, too, which autos all the way through most of the time.

Let me know where I've gone sideways and need to correct course! Help me Something Awful, you're my only hope!

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

WerrWaaa posted:

Let me chat with you all about my plans to expand my roster into the future, and solicit some feedback from everyone. My SWGoH profile is at: https://swgoh.gg/u/werrwaaa/collection/

Arena Shipments: I have Sid at 6* and STHan at 7*, currently farming Leia. This is the toughest decision because there are so many characters in here that I want. I think I will aim for the two droids because I want a droid team. But I also like Sith and Scoundrels, so AV, SO, and Greedo are tempting. AA is, too, because he is good.

Cantina Shipments: I have Daka and QGJ at 5*, currently farming QGJ then back to Daka. After that I don't know. Fet, Poe, and Tano are all tempting for various reasons. Mostly coolness more than effectiveness.

GW Shipments: Phasma, Tebo, and Lumi are all 7*. Working of 86. After that Poggles. Hence my emphasis on droids in Arena shipments. Last will be Cad then NSI probably, them funneling into future Vader/Grevious purchases.

Cantina nodes: Right now Barriss. After that Ben. GS is already 7*. By then I hope to have the RG node unlocked, or I'll farm Chirpa.

Guild Shipments: Rey first (she is close), then Engeneer, then Ewok Healer, then maybe IGD for the Jediness.

My current arena team is: Phasma (L), Rey, RG, GS, and Lumi. My goal is to auto everything because I'm lazy and only care if I can hover around rank 50 which I can with little issue. I can't get better than that, though, even with effort; so if you have suggestions please let me know. This is my GW team, too, which autos all the way through most of the time.

Let me know where I've gone sideways and need to correct course! Help me Something Awful, you're my only hope!

Looking okay, but biggest thing I can say is if you want droids then go for droids 100%, there is no point in getting 86 wayyyy before you have 88 or HK because they are all a team and can't do much on their own. Leia is top-tier but it will take you months to 7* the droids if you don't focus on them now.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

WerrWaaa posted:

This all sounds pretty good so far. Continue farming Leia, and you can leave Sid at 6. I don't remember the last time I used him for anything important. Almost every hero in Arena shipments is decent, with some obvious exceptions (I'm looking at you, Ugnaught). AA led Rebels is a legit Arena squad. So far I've gotten Sid, Leia (6*), AA, ST Han, Eeth (for Yoda), Asajj, and 88 (6*). Asajj wasn't really worth it, but, I think NS teams will get better at some point, maybe. I'd like to get 88 and HK to 7* at some point, but in terms of gold availability I just don't see that happening anytime soon. Also, getting Greedo/Lando/Cad to decent levels/stars right now isn't bad because you can get a lot of gold from doing the scoundrel event about every week.

Boba and Poe are bad decisions for now. I'm guessing at some point they'll do an Anakin-like rework for Boba and he'll move from pathetic to decent, but I wouldn't count on it. I hear Tano is good, but the real sleeper in Cantina Shipments is Hoth Rebel Scout. Fives is also quite good, and his slow is particularly useful for raids.

After Phasma, Teebo, and Lumi, GW shipments are open season. No one really stands out that much, but Res Pilot is still not a terrible choice somewhere in there -- good damage for raids at G8 7*.

Yeah, Barriss and RG should be the priority, even if Ben isn't finished when you unlock RG. Chirpa is pretty meh. I don't plan on taking him to 7* for a very long time -- unless he gets better ewok synergy.

This sounds like a pretty solid arena team comp. Once you get Daka to 6*, I would recommend replacing Lumi. Stuns for days. Even better if you can upgrade her omega.

You're on the right track. If you aren't already in a goon guild, we have an open spot in IGD right now, and we're preparing to take on T7. I'm sure QGJ and GGA would be happy to take you as well.

e: I saw that you're in QGJ. Also, I disagree with Oops -- IG-86 is good on his own because he calls an assist -- and this is always pretty decent. Tusken Raider is also ok from GW shipments for this reason.

e2: Out of curiosity, and because we are at 49/50 (this way when we're down someone I can at least generate some extra guild coins per day), I created an alt account. So far level 20. Pretty much everything we've said so far still holds true, except my first chromium was Biggs :(. Worst 350 crystals ever. Did 1 arena refresh, and I think I'll be able to hit between 1k and 2500 on the first day. You still get 400 crystals for logging in with a Samsung device. Also, I got a 3* Luke for...nothing? It wasn't a bronzium, it was just in my inbox. I don't think this was the case when I started. This makes me put into question spending that 350 crystals at all -- that's a lot of energy refreshes.
Anyways, not going to bother putting this in spreadsheet, but, if anyone wants to give me a hand up, this alt's number is 934-281-319. If you have an extra space in your ally list, that'd be cool.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jul 1, 2016

CDW
Aug 26, 2004
Just started playing a few weeks ago and my first Chromium was Clone Sarge, bleh.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
I'm assuming they changed GW while claiming not to have as some sort of troll attempt against the community?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

General Probe posted:

I'm assuming they changed GW while claiming not to have as some sort of troll attempt against the community?

No, their new stance is that they meant to change it and its working as intended.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Couple of relevant posts.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/50943/recent-tweak-to-galactic-war-tuning#latest

Basically, they intentionally changed GW and just didn't tell us about it. They weren't supposed to do poo poo like that anymore. People don't sound happy about it. I'm still not.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/50953/community-update-7-1-2016

July 4 will see a new assault battle. It requires Droid or Empire heroes. It, like the last event, is aiming for high level, high gear, high star heroes. There will be two tiers, with the first at level 78, G7+, so probably 6-7*. Tier two is aimed at level 81, G9+ (assumed 7*). It says doable at 80, but I'm assuming you've gotta have a pretty sick droid/empire comp to pull that off. First completion gets 1 million credits and ewok shards. Follow ups get something. I'm guessing it will last for about 7 days.

Also, he said he would just leave this here. No clue what that means...

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Knowing these devs, the blocks won't fit into the holes. Or we'll get two triangle blocks.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

iGestalt posted:

Knowing these devs, the blocks won't fit into the holes. Or we'll get two triangle blocks.

Well, we wouldn't be the first people trying to fit square pegs into round holes, so at least there's that.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

quote:

What I will say is that the credit rewards for GW have been adjusted upwards, and that will go out with the next major patch. A full clear should net you around 150k more. (Not sure on the exact value, but that's close.)

Extra 150k versus an hour of frustration.

Also it's quite beautiful that it was a stealth change, like they hoped people wouldn't notice or what.

gently caress me, why does this game have to be Star Wars :(

Mr. Neutron fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Jul 2, 2016

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Malgrin posted:

... I created an alt account ...

I've been tempted to do the same. I like the idea of starting over knowing everything I do now. I made so many mistakes the first time around; they really set me back on my quest to be top of my shard. And the sooner you reach the top the sooner you start to snowball until you're unstoppable.

But the grind to level just takes way too long so I doubt I'll ever do it.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

wondering if they stealth tanked cantina drop rates or if i've had the worst rng streak in my game career, up to 400 cantina energy between drops at this point. rip :v:

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
I'm sure this has been posted before but for everyone in IGD this is a good t7 raid guide:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4nh3pt/tier_7_raid_strategy_for_maximum_damage/

And remember not to attack during the p1 phase as Tagichatn might be able to solo it, and if not I'll throw in my ewoks and finish it off. That way almost everyone will have a fresh roster to attack the rancor with.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Dr. Venture posted:

I've been tempted to do the same. I like the idea of starting over knowing everything I do now. I made so many mistakes the first time around; they really set me back on my quest to be top of my shard. And the sooner you reach the top the sooner you start to snowball until you're unstoppable.

But the grind to level just takes way too long so I doubt I'll ever do it.

Yeah, you just have to go into it recognizing you might only play it for a week. If I give up on it though, I'll still keep it around to gain guild coins when we're short a person.

T7 is started. Please wait until Tag has finished his attack to join in. Don't waste your men on P1.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jul 2, 2016

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

WerrWaaa posted:

Arena Shipments: I have Sid at 6* and STHan at 7*, currently farming Leia. This is the toughest decision because there are so many characters in here that I want. I think I will aim for the two droids because I want a droid team.

Please go droids because this game needs some variety, rather than another team of Ray, RG, Phasma, STHan, Sid, QGJ or Geo Soldier. I know it's the devs fault but I wish people would try something different rather than min maxing. Seriously the top 25 of my arena are all pretty much the same team.

And also gently caress the devs for adding Dengar to the guild store, now Jawa Engi shows up even less than he did before. I have enough credits to upgrade him to 7* but he's never available!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Because GW already wasn't hosed enough, I gotta fight 6?