Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Yo this is new. This morning in the final for the WT the screen flashed "BONUS CHANCE" and I fought an enemy named "Movie Bosses" composed of a bunch of the main villains from the DBZ movies. Didnt seem to do anything when I beat him tough.

I've also fought against "Team GT" and "23rd WT Team".

It basically doubles the points you get

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I fought against the 23rd WT Team and The Son Family.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I guess I've gotten pretty lucky when it comes to the DB Summon Banner. I've got SSR Kid Goku, SSR King Piccolo, Launch, General Blue, Bunny Bulma and the Volleyball Tien. I think those are all the DBs characters anyone talks about.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Ack, just died in the prelims because I wasn't paying attention. At least that's only 10 stamina wasted.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
What does the overfill thing even do? Just let you not waste the leftover stamina when you use a stone?

Also, is anyone else noticing a shitton of the SR PHY Future Adult Gohans in teams? I can't find any reason for it, but he's in a lot of teams I'm facing.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
He's required for some of the later stages of the Trunks event, although he only needs to be in the team.

Also wow, the 77.77 million downloads celebration. Just wow.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

New Leaf posted:

What does the overfill thing even do? Just let you not waste the leftover stamina when you use a stone?

Before: 20/77stam - 1 stone = 77/77 stam

Now: 20/77stam - 1 stone = 97/77 stam

--

Also :captainpop: the new 77.77 event.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Zeron posted:

Also wow, the 77.77 million downloads celebration. Just wow.

46 New Items :stare:

Plus the one-year anniversary, WT, Future Trunks, etc.

Like that guy said, when it rains, it pours.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
77 loving dstones from this campaign

gently caress me. global.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Rank 835 now. I don't even want another SSJ Bardock that much

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Webbeh posted:

77 loving dstones from this campaign

gently caress me. global.

You're not going to convince me to do a multi before Gogeta, bandai! :argh:

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
I was really tempted to do 10 multipulls since Old Kais were guaranteed. But then I decided I didn't need old kais that much.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

holy poo poo that dstone amount :stonk:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

You know, I hope that they do like japan and put a few stone packs on discount during the 1 year anniversary because stuff like this makes me want to support them. I'll go to sams club and buy cards on discount.

If they don't, i'll just buy as much stones 30bux can get me.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

You know, I hope that they do like japan and put a few stone packs on discount during the 1 year anniversary because stuff like this makes me want to support them. I'll go to sams club and buy cards on discount.

If they don't, i'll just buy as much stones 30bux can get me.

Going by Standard Pricing, $32 will get you 61 stones. But if you splurge for the $44.99 pack, you'll get 91 stones!

Well, I got stopped at 51 wins tonight. I should be able to hit 80 tomorrow.

For the Bonus Teams, I've seen Son Family, 23rd WT, Metal Cooler Team, Frezia's Army, and I saw a Battlefield Diva Team that I don't recall the name of. Pretty neat wrinkle to the tournament.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Man gently caress those extra stages on Z-Hard :mad:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Those are some serious rewards, dang. Also just enough Popo medals to let me Awaken SSJ Future Gohan. :toot:

I'm pretty sure I'm out of the running for the tournament unless I go super hard tomorrow. I'm at like 15 wins.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Oh poo poo, someone just noticed Cabba hiding in the 30th Anniversary banner for Japan. Getting DB Super characters in the game would be pretty awesome. I was worried there'd be some licensing nonsense preventing it, but since Jaco and SSB appeared in DBZ-branded movies they slipped under the radar.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Gogeta and Janemba Dokkan events in the news section now! It's almost time.

I did my part and liked the Facebook Post. Who doesn't love free Spirit Bomb Goku's?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I think I'll have every Spirit Bomb Goku at that point.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Ross Angeles posted:

You're not going to convince me to do a multi before Gogeta, bandai! :argh:

Amen to that. I shall not spend a single stone until he hits the banner

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

At work, literally nothing happening because all my clients took a 4-day weekend, and I'm going to spend my day getting paid to kick rear end in the World Tournament. Up to 20 wins so not sure how far I can go, but fingers crossed I can break the top 10k before the end of it all.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

New Leaf posted:

At work, literally nothing happening because all my clients took a 4-day weekend, and I'm going to spend my day getting paid to kick rear end in the World Tournament. Up to 20 wins so not sure how far I can go, but fingers crossed I can break the top 10k before the end of it all.

I'm at 42 wins and around ~8000, FWIW. Good barometer for how high you need to go.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Webbeh posted:

I'm at 42 wins and around ~8000, FWIW. Good barometer for how high you need to go.

Nice.. work today, plus idly playing while watching TV with the wife.. I think I should be fine. :)

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
77 wins. 2 hours before I head out and lose signal for the weekend. I think I'm going to make it.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

ChronoReverse posted:

77 wins. 2 hours before I head out and lose signal for the weekend. I think I'm going to make it.

You can do it! I've hit almost 20 wins in 4 hours, so getting 3 in 2 should be doable.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
So far I've run into the 23rd WT Team and Frieza's Army. Pretty neat gimmick.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Got my GSSR ticket and pulled a dupe INT Vegeta. I then did a few pulls to try and get Future Gohan, got another INT Vegeta.:sigh:

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Hit 80 wins (about 8 hours to hit 30 wins, due to taking some breaks), and got a duplicate INT Future Android 18 as the GSSR. On the cusp of breaking the top 1000 right now, but I need to take another break.

Earlier this morning I couldn't resist temptation to get more Old Kais (I thought I was strong!), and got more Dupe SSR's (PHY SSJ2 Goku and STR SSJ Vegeta). Solid cards of course, but sometimes you want to see a new character.

So, in non Dokkan Battle chat, is the Final Fantasy Brave Excelsis game the one that was talked about earlier in the thread? I saw it's been released, but unsure if it's something to look into (also, probably shouldn't have been released during a World Tournament).

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Cozz posted:

Hit 80 wins (about 8 hours to hit 30 wins, due to taking some breaks), and got a duplicate INT Future Android 18 as the GSSR. On the cusp of breaking the top 1000 right now, but I need to take another break.

Earlier this morning I couldn't resist temptation to get more Old Kais (I thought I was strong!), and got more Dupe SSR's (PHY SSJ2 Goku and STR SSJ Vegeta). Solid cards of course, but sometimes you want to see a new character.

So, in non Dokkan Battle chat, is the Final Fantasy Brave Excelsis game the one that was talked about earlier in the thread? I saw it's been released, but unsure if it's something to look into (also, probably shouldn't have been released during a World Tournament).

It looks like there's a giant Games thread going over it right now.

FFBE has such a Final Fantasy UI though, wowza. Menus galore!

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, I've been playing Brave Exvius since the softlaunch. It's pretty fun.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

As soon as I downloaded it, maintenance happened. After that, it errored out while attempting to download something. Strike three was the fact it was a Gumi joint.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

Cozz posted:

I did my part and liked the Facebook Post. Who doesn't love free Spirit Bomb Goku's?

What's this?

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Haerc posted:

What's this?

If enough people like a facebook post (200k), then I believe everyone on Global gets This Goku. There's a news bulletin as well as a banner at the bottom.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

Cozz posted:

If enough people like a facebook post (200k), then I believe everyone on Global gets This Goku. There's a news bulletin as well as a banner at the bottom.

Thanks, I usually just spam continue.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Oh, neat, a new banner and a cheap single summon, guess I'll toss one a-

:swoon:

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Aurora posted:

Oh, neat, a new banner and a cheap single summon, guess I'll toss one a-

:swoon:

I think he would be a perfect TEQ Card (or at least for me) if he had Over in Flash (the STR Versions supposedly has it on the JP Server). He has a Dokkan Awakening. Really good hit though, as I got the Dokkan Awakenable R Krillan when I used my 3 stones for that.

Had to take a break from Tournament Action this afternoon due to a party, but now trying to get a few more runs in tonight. Currently in the 300's, did not go much further down despite not playing for about 10 hours. Wonder if that means its futile to try and break the top 100, but I'll give it another shot and see what I can get. More Old Kais!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

He's got a lot of good links, would slot in well with an SSJ team. You could put him in as the extra element if you're set on having a Majin Vegeta in the group :v:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I've been hammering away but stuck around 14k. May not make the cut this time around but maybe I'll find a way off this plateau soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm just trying to stay in the top 1,000. Getting pretty burnt out on tournament fighting though