Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Arcanen posted:

Have we ever seen someone quite so deluded as Jozea?

I almost don't want him to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

SweetJahasus posted:

I almost don't want him to go.

Chances are probably decent that the first few people will have a chance to get back in, at least.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

The only thing I want more than him to go is for him to get back in. That would elevate him to new levels of self-delusion.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

thexerox123 posted:

Are you saying that Team Unicorn was named ironically? Cause I don't think that's true.

maybe ironically isn't the right word, but they know they are being goofy, coach was all serious about being the dragonslayer

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

JakeP posted:

maybe ironically isn't the right word, but they know they are being goofy, coach was all serious about being the dragonslayer

Yes, this is what makes Coach loving great TV. He's all in on the crazy.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Julie confirming what we all thought would happen...

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

Wee Bairns posted:

Julie confirming what we all thought would happen...

GLENN IS BACK, and safe until final 4

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
Your intuition is always right... that's why you've suspected half the house. And all of which have been wrong.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That was a weird edit.

Bridgette and that group actually said way worse stuff and mostly about Michelle and Tiffany. The real stuff they said was ugly and vicious and justifies the Fatal Five being upset. I guess BB didn't want to make the other side look too bad but it kind of made the Fatal Five seem overly sensitive.

I have no idea how they find footage of Paul talking that they can air on tv without censoring it. It's serious art.

If I remember right what he really said in response to James was closer to
NSFW
"Why don't I just cut off my penis and bleed out in front of you? Than can I be in girl talk?"

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jul 1, 2016

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

That was a weird edit.

Bridgette and that group actually said way worse stuff and mostly about Michelle and Tiffany. The real stuff they said was ugly and vicious and justifies the Fatal Five being upset. I guess BB didn't want to make the other side look too bad but it kind of made the Fatal Five seem overly sensitive.

I have no idea how they find footage of Paul talking that they can air on tv without censoring it. It's serious art.

Seriously, the edit is really weird tonight. They have so much stuff to use and they're going with this?

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Does Josea really believe the poo poo coming out of his mouth

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

For some reason this always makes me nervous and I don't even like either of these guys.

Jozea is a so insane and the last few days have been so crazy and BB completely dropped the ball on showing the tv audience it. Its the first time since watching feeds that I think I've really been bothered by the selective editing.

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

STAC Goat posted:

That was a weird edit.

If I remember right what he really said in response to James was closer to
NSFW
"Why don't I just cut off my penis and bleed out in front of you? Than can I be in girl talk?"

Paul is nuts and sooooooper sensitive - I can't believe he got so butthurt over "girl talk" and James.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Britt Burns posted:

Paul is nuts and sooooooper sensitive - I can't believe he got so butthurt over "girl talk" and James.

For him I think it's largely the stress of everyone constantly talking. He puts up this big loud-mouth front but at his core, he seems to be a sensitive guy who wants everyone to like him. Being trapped in the house can really do a number on you. Not that his reaction was okay, but he's otherwise not come across as a MRA type dude. Josea constantly eggs him on, too.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Now we get to hear him say how they knew he was so powerful and good at this game that they had no choice bu to evict him...

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

The hugging is so awkward when there are so many people hahaha.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I am both happy and disappointed no one followed through on their threats to go crazy if Jozea got evicted.

BB had to be expecting it too because that was a weirdly paced segment. It's like they had to fill time with the HGs hugging.

But boy do Paul and Victor look like they're holding it in.

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

Arcanen posted:

The hugging is so awkward when there are so many people hahaha.

It's like they've all been stricken with a tragic hugging disease :gonk:

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

BB had to be expecting it too because that was a weirdly paced segment. It's like they had to fill time with the HGs hugging.

Yeah, that was really weird. And then the way Julie just threw right to commercial. This episode is odd.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jozea has acted SO insane and his whole crew was promising to raise hell. Plus Paulie, Frank, and Corey were all planning to antagonize them. Things were really tense and jacked up and BB had to have though that would be an ugly exit and gave it extra time.

This has been such a weirdly tame version of reality. It's surreal.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

God I love Julie's questions. She's clearly trying to show him all the stupid mistakes he made and it's going right over his head.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008
Haha Day and Zakiyah hosed him over so hard, and Natalie stuck by him at her expense, and he still thinks Natalie voted him out.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yes! He said it! They tried to tame you but you were too nuts!

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

He was much more reserved than I expected.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Big Brother: Redemption Island

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Cool Big Brother Redemption Island.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, this was supposed to be an insane episode and it flopped. They let us down.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

I don't understand why anyone is honest anymore on these exit messages. Bullshit evictee return twists (which are incredibly pointless; no evictee will ever win that same season and they punish strategic players since the evictees aren't sequestered and tell each other everyone's' secrets) are so common now that it makes no sense to implicate yourself in any way.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
People just can't bear to pass up a chance to get a last word in

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, it's a good test of which HGs think about the game and which just need to get a shot in.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There's no way anyone finishes this.

And it's crazy unfair to smaller teams. I guess they really want to make those teams matter.

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

STAC Goat posted:

There's no way anyone finishes this.

Agreed!! Even the "easy" route seems hard.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Edit: nvm, I wasn't paying attention

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, its 40 berries which means at the very least everyone has to make 20 trips. How don't you slip once? And Corey and Tiffany need to do 40 each.

Mad props to whoever wins this. But I expect a default.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

One thing I'm finding interesting is that both the team HOH and roadkill comps seem to result in no one pushing the "I'm throwing this (and every) challenge" strategy, or at least it's being edited that way. The roadkill because there's no incentive to throw, and the team HOH because people can go for a "want my team to win, but not me personally" level of effort, which is higher than usual.

So props for making comps a bit less useless this year. Nothing is worse than watching so many throw comps (especially watching weak BOTB pawns battle to deliberately lose).

Overall, I could potentially like the roadkill comp as an endgame thing since it would allow for people in alliances to strategically eat their own. But I think it's a poor early game mechanic since it just means everyone will go for the strong/sociable/strategic/etc players with no threat of retaliation. I'm worried it's going to lead to the early elimination of everyone interesting.

Arcanen fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jul 1, 2016

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Britt Burns posted:

Agreed!! Even the "easy" route seems hard.

A running start to just momentum your way over it would probably work, but apparently they can't leap too far.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

James was planning to throw this to prevent his teammates from getting HOH but its a weird one to throw. If he eliminates himself he theoretically helps his team by clearing the way. What he should really do is just go super slow or move to the barrel in the middle and just sit down.

God I hope James does that.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I wonder what production's response to a deliberate delay of game during a team challenge would be. Probably just to DQ the offender

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Yeah, seems like the proper throw is to go super slow.

And did I see Lawon in the audience behind Liz and Julia? His superpowers are nearly here!

I think the 8 Pack were hoping for a Paulie HOH, and it seems like they could throw it his way if he stays in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Part of me thinks they should just let you sabotage your team. BB isn't a sporting event. It's a game where people backstab and sabotage each other all the time. It seems truer to the spirit of the game to give someone an option to just gently caress his or her team over but at risk of all the bad karma and opinion it might put on you.

It wouldn't be fair to your teammates but maybe that's what Roadkill is for. James could screw his teammates but they'd still have a shot at the Roadkill and could put him up in revenge. It still wouldn't matter if they were the minority of the house and couldn't sway the votes, but at least it would give them a sporting chance.

• Locked thread