Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

link is a girl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Super No Vacancy posted:

link is a girl

you fool! what have you done!!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I don't know what joke you're talking about and I only half-read any of this poo poo but it sounds really loving stupid.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Nintendo: *releases cute games for kids where you collect coins and stars*

Games forum: *loses their loving minds*

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

link is a girl

agreed.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Games forum: *loses their loving minds*

Soooooo, business as usual?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The WiiU thread was probably closed because of a bunch of shitposting going "la la la I'm not talking about this! Cute cute cute! Boy this game is cute! La la la!"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

greatn posted:

The WiiU thread was probably closed because of a bunch of shitposting going "la la la I'm not talking about this! Cute cute cute! Boy this game is cute! La la la!"
Nope, it was closed because of multiple pages of terrible crew-style posting.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Super No Vacancy posted:

link is a girl

It's true.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Bring back the Wii U thread

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Help Im Alive posted:

Bring back the Wii U thread

It is back. oddium made it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

FactsAreUseless posted:

I don't know what joke you're talking about and I only half-read any of this poo poo but it sounds really loving stupid.

There are a pair of jokes made in Color Splash that when placed back to back with no other context could be taken to be a reference to some of the crap surrounding GamerGate. Zoe Quinn elected to take it as such and accused Nintendo('s localization department) of directly making fun of her. (despite the -gate suffix for scandals predating her by decades, plus the extra context in the actual game, etc etc)

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Man, I was watching Frost/Nixon the other day and they just kept dropping references to that video game scandal, it was in such poor taste.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

codenameFANGIO posted:

It is back. oddium made it.

Oh ok my bad

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

I'm willing to give Nintendo the benefit of the doubt on this whole Color Splash thing, but I also think that if you are a billion-dollar video game company you should try to be more aware of your industry so that mistakes like this don't happen. I mean, sure, Watergate. But if I was writing a video game the last thing I would put in the script is a "___gate" joke because I know that poo poo's just begging to be misinterpreted.

One way or another, this whole thing reflects poorly on Nintendo. Either one of their writers is kinda lovely or completely oblivious of the industry they work for.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Nobody cares.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

codenameFANGIO posted:

Nobody cares.

That's probably for the best, then!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

FactsAreUseless posted:

Nope, it was closed because of multiple pages of terrible crew-style posting.

That's what I meant

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Sarchasm posted:

I'm willing to give Nintendo the benefit of the doubt on this whole Color Splash thing, but I also think that if you are a billion-dollar video game company you should try to be more aware of your industry so that mistakes like this don't happen. I mean, sure, Watergate. But if I was writing a video game the last thing I would put in the script is a "___gate" joke because I know that poo poo's just begging to be misinterpreted.

One way or another, this whole thing reflects poorly on Nintendo. Either one of their writers is kinda lovely or completely oblivious of the industry they work for.

It can only read like that if you put together screenshots from the game that are ten minutes of gameplay apart, removing all context.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Boten Anna posted:

Exactly, the stuff that's harder to do is stuff with addon chips.

SMRPG has an addon chip, it's the same one used by Kirby Superstar and Kirby's Dreamland 3.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

People who strongly dislike a video game are literal Nazis or something.
Close the thread.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
Let's all be cool friends and play BoxBoxBoy. Ignore everything else. Pledge allegiance to BoxBoy.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

SereneCrimson posted:

Let's all be cool friends and play BoxBoxBoy. Ignore everything else. Pledge allegiance to BoxBoy.
I never got into BoxBoy but it seemed clever and well-designed in a way a lot of indie platformers aren't.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

NA update (week of June 30):

I didn't realize the mh demo was out for the non code havers. Gonna download that now.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

FactsAreUseless posted:

I never got into BoxBoy but it seemed clever and well-designed in a way a lot of indie platformers aren't.

It's a very well designed puzzle game and well designed puzzle games tend to be really cool.

I've been stuck several times but there was only one point where I had to look up how to beat a level because there was a thing I didn't even realize you could do (can't remember for the life of me what it was now). Good puzzle games teach you mechanics slowly to avoid this problem, and BoxBoy does do that but in that case it didn't for some reason. Or I just forgot

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I think they were smart to not worry about platforming physics too much. Having really unfun platforming hurts a lot of puzzle platformers (Braid), so making the focus more on creating paths and less on careful jumping made the game a lot more fun. But I only played the first four or five worlds/rooms.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
FAST Racing Neo freezes my Wii U sometimes. :(

It's a really good game, too, but it just puts me in a situation where the only thing I can do is literally unplug the system because even the power-off button doesn't do anything.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Boten Anna posted:

It takes a long time to pick up. I haven't been able to play through it again either, and it's probably a combo of it taking like 10 hours for the game to be fully open and interesting, and that it has missables, which tend to cause existential angst.

the game's only ten hours long lol

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Looper posted:

the game's only ten hours long lol

More like 15-20 for most people (10's if you're not stopping to do anything extra), but yeah, it's really not that long a game.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

What's the basic gameplay flow of Tokyo Mirage Sessions like? I've never played any Persona game since I don't have any Sony consoles but I'm a sucker for RPGs in more modernish settings.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

kinda episodic. story, big dungeon, miniboss, side missions, next level of dungeon, big boss. then intermission, then new story chunk and new dungeon

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Ooh hey, new rewards are already up on My Nintendo!
Metroid 2, Wario Land 3, Mario Bros 3, Donkey Kong 3, and Super Mario Kart. And a Mario Kart 8 DLC pack.
Bunch of new discounts, too.

I only have Mario Bros 3 out of all of those, so I'm happy. Going to spend a bunch of gold coins.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Here in PAL land we have new rewards for Pilotwings VC (3DS/WiiU), Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and Puzzle Dragons. You can get 40% off of Tropical Freeze on top of the Nintendo Selects price, so maybe that'll be my next purchase.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
Out of the 6 new rewards 4 are Pilotwings for SNES. And they run until September. Thanks Nintendo.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Terminally Bored posted:

Out of the 6 new rewards 4 are Pilotwings for SNES. And they run until September. Thanks Nintendo.

Someone at Nintendo of Europe must really love Pilotwings. :shrug:

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
I like it too but it would be really cool if at least one of those was a Pilotwings Resort discount.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Terminally Bored posted:

November.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Hey thanks for the reminder. Took Wario land 3 for free since it was the only VC game I didn't have.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

I'm going to enjoy Color Splash

I might pick up Sticker Star once that comes out just because I've never played it and it will probably be cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Terminally Bored posted:

How if that possible? There's only 3 possible versions