Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I used to go to a gym that had a pool and I started using it and within a few days my whole body was covered in zits. Gym pools are loving disgusting.

There's a saline pool at my gym that children are not allowed in, it's great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I used to go to a gym that had a pool and I started using it and within a few days my whole body was covered in zits. Gym pools are loving disgusting.
Even after showering off? Ugh.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Knight posted:

Even after showering off? Ugh.

Yeah they're gross. My gym now has a trainer who used to work at my old gym and he said the pool was constantly getting shut down because of how gross it was.

Also to the guy who said he can't squat 225 yet who gives a gently caress. Girls don't give a poo poo what you squat just work chest and abs

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
also calves

calve extension machine every day

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Fastest way to add 10lbs to your bench is as follows:

1. Be doing sets of 235
2. Have huge bodybuilder guy come over and say "hey man I don't wanna be that guy but your grip is pretty wide for your frame, try moving your hands in a bit next set"
3. Move hands in next set
4. Now doing sets of 245 for reps

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I'm building the ideal triangular body shape. Wide sturdy base for stability, narrow top to deflect blows to the head.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
teh narrower your hasnds go the more you use your tirceps,

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

The wider your hands go the more you use your shoulders. I was definitely more sore than normal in my chest the next day.

Or maybe he just wanted to pound me in the butt I dunno.

I pulled a dog from a fire today. Not sure how that effects my gains.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Closed grip bench is extemely my poo poo.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Yeah they're gross. My gym now has a trainer who used to work at my old gym and he said the pool was constantly getting shut down because of how gross it was.

Also to the guy who said he can't squat 225 yet who gives a gently caress. Girls don't give a poo poo what you squat just work chest and abs

There are some big muscle groups in your lower body, muscles that require a lot of energy to grow. You're making things harder for yourself by not inducing some of your BF % to redistribute to your leg muscles and give you a more flattering body shape. also, dat rear end

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It is widely known that pulling animals out of fires is good for your gains

Lifting and putting animals into fires is also good for your gains

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
My rear end can't really support any more fat without starting to sag, maybe I back off the lifts.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Spent 5 days at a Nicaraguan fishing village in a hostel full of surfers. They were reeling in the puss with their nice upper bodies and skinny rear end legs.

Meanwhile, I'm just a dumb idiot with no bitches and thick rear end quads

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
its your face mate

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Zzulu posted:

its your face mate

What's some good face exercises.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Chinatown posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5abq6YZuSNM

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

There are some big muscle groups in your lower body, muscles that require a lot of energy to grow. You're making things harder for yourself by not inducing some of your BF % to redistribute to your leg muscles and give you a more flattering body shape. also, dat rear end

Dude shut up with this poo poo

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Work the negative

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Ive lost 6 lbs and twice that in confidence now since starting work again

i need a cush office job

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Fallows posted:

Ive lost 6 lbs and twice that in confidence now since starting work again

i need a cush office job

i can see the kitchen tv from my cube

yesterday i watched looping footage of terrorists gettin vaproized on CNN like all day.

much like....my gains!!!!

Greataval
Mar 26, 2010
gently caress you only need one leg day don't be the beta in the gym taking pics on his thighs like anyone gives a gently caress. Arms back and chest and abs pull in the pussy.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Chinatown posted:

Chew gum and suck dick

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

sassassin posted:

Chew gum and suck dick

currently half way there :thumbsup:

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Greataval posted:

gently caress you only need one leg day don't be the beta in the gym taking pics on his thighs like anyone gives a gently caress. Arms back and chest and abs pull in the pussy.

That's what I wa saying then someone made some serious post about how important legs are lmao

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Big shoulders are all that matters.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Greataval posted:

Some of us care about more important things, like Dark Souls. A big lap is critical for gaming comfort.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Guys it's 2016, the year of equality. Are you a bad enough dude to date a girl with a bigger squat than you?

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
im doing ohp right now, live posting it or something

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

jm20 posted:

Guys it's 2016, the year of equality. Are you a bad enough dude to date a girl with a bigger squat than you?

Girls can only squat more than you if you are a weak bitch and let's be honest if she can squat more than you you are the woman in the relationship anyways

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I dunno this hot 21 year old I was banging told me she knew she was going to gently caress me when she saw my quads were bigger than her waist :smug:

Get squatting, beta.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

post your quads

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Fhqwhgads posted:

I dunno this hot 21 year old I was banging told me she knew she was going to gently caress me when she saw my quads were bigger than her waist :smug:

Get squatting, beta.

come on Fhqwhgads

I see u joshin me :rolleyes:

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
The only muscle women/men care about on a guy is the hangdang!!!

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Got about 4 logs today at 85% poop capacity, new PR! Looked solid, thick.. B - hole lookin tight. Excited for next week, really pushing my bowels to get stronger. The sky is the limit, believe in yourself and you can make miracles happen!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
so there was DJ at my gym today, for basically no reason.

thankfully I blast music in my cheap $30 amazon bluetooth earbudz so I was not effected.

Why.

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Lol what kind of stuff was he playing? Your gym makes mine look like it's from the 80s or some poo poo.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Bad electro remixes of katy perry, the weekend, etc. yeah I really want to listen to songs about getting blasted high at 5am when trying to lift heavy. i can do that ON MY OWN THANKS.

My gym is new and the setup is great. Whats behind that picture is all the good stuff which would probably make u very jelly.

best part is the blue 10x50yard turf and weight sled thats occupies the center of the floor. the second floor, that is. :smug:

Chinatown fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Jul 1, 2016

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
thanks for the grats guys. I hope to hit a 200 lb max bench by the end of July. I think adding 25 lbs to a max is doable in a month for a beginner gain person isn't it? I've also cut my alcohol intake way down and the dumbell benches I add as an accessory on OHP means I"m getting some sort of benching motion 3 x a week now seems to have really helped me break through where I seemed to hit a wall.

Also, my back is pain free now, at least working all day. I still plan on not doing heavy squats or deads for a few more weeks, but would something like starting some goblet squats with like a 30 lb dumbell be okay? I saw them talking about it in the powerlifting thread, basically high reps of a weight that would barely even be a low warmup weight and gradually increasing over weeks to help a muscle strain. dunno if there was merit to it or not. Still haven't been able to talk to a dr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Adding weight gets harder the more you can lift. It's a lot easier and quicker going from 100 to 125 than going from 200 to 225. So 25 pounds in a month might be pushing it.

• Locked thread