Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

rakovsky maybe posted:

some of his videos are funny but i also get the very strong feeling he's going to kill himself soon

as well he should

nothing against what's his face personally, suicide is just generally a good idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008
he has a terminal case of irony

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
The show got picked up http://splitsider.com/2016/03/adult-swim-orders-world-peace-series-from-million-dollar-extreme/

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

I hope I don't ruin it with my bad attitude.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Realtalk, their batting average is pretty low, but College Cunts is a goddam masterpiece

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKwMFas9XnY

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1HsG2v7Q1U

IIRC the show starts some time in august.

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
they gave sam hyde a budget. someones going to die.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

afeelgoodpoop posted:

they gave sam hyde a budget. someones going to die.

yeah, yeah. we all saw the news about turkey

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Sam did a podcast with Anthony Fantano (needledrop, dude who does all the music reviews on YouTube) near the start of the year that was pretty good. He switches between his authentic self and jokes on and off, but it was a pretty good listen if you want to understand what makes him tick a bit. It should still be on YouTube

Stabbatical
Sep 15, 2011

facebook jihad posted:

Sam did a podcast with Anthony Fantano (needledrop, dude who does all the music reviews on YouTube) near the start of the year that was pretty good. He switches between his authentic self and jokes on and off, but it was a pretty good listen if you want to understand what makes him tick a bit. It should still be on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfNj2E4RpDQ

Podcast is here, any kind of serious discussion doesn't start until about 10 - 15 minutes in iirc.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
about half of the videos are too painful to watch but ill probably permanently say i like the guy purely based on 'an inconvenient anime'

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Stabbatical posted:

Podcast is here, any kind of serious discussion doesn't start until about 10 - 15 minutes in iirc.

It's too weird listening to him drop kayfabe, it's like seeing your teacher at the grocery store.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
my names tyler and i really like my new bowl cut

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

extra stout posted:

about half of the videos are too painful to watch but ill probably permanently say i like the guy purely based on 'an inconvenient anime'

That was his weakest video (his 'auidence wasn't even listening to him and was about seven people) and more of blueprint for the 2070 paradigm shift video.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
is he tim or eric

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I don't share his politics but think he's funny and he doesn't take himself too seriously

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Officer maggot doesn't get enough love ITT

https://youtu.be/5g-nniO1WN4

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx
mde never loving die

xtreme bassfx and the car show videos make me poo poo my pantaloons every goddamn time

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

General Dog posted:

Realtalk, their batting average is pretty low, but College Cunts is a goddam masterpiece

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKwMFas9XnY

whatever that is, it's nothing close to a goddamn masterpiece

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

he is bad and not funny and should die imo

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx
imagine if they called it "milliondollhairextreme"

makes u think

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

oh gently caress
the guys a bit insufferable but he makes entertaining stuff from time to time so this will be interesting

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Stabbatical posted:

oh, so he really is a trump supporter and general right-wing rear end in a top hat. cool, good to know

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.
i tried t o watch some of this people's video once and i didn't understand it which makes me think i'm getting too old to understand the world also i don't understand snapchat or how to use it so i think it's time to give up on life ok that's all i have to say

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
yeah, this guy's kind of the worst person

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Horniest Manticore posted:

yeah, this guy's kind of the worst person

i'm listening to this now. i get the vibe that pro comedy troll is just into trump because he is a troll candidate

and, drat, that dude hates lena dunham fo' rill

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Robot Pride posted:

i'm listening to this now. i get the vibe that pro comedy troll is just into trump because he is a troll candidate

and, drat, that dude hates lena dunham fo' rill

see, the more i see and hear from him, the less i think he's trolling. he can use "oh haha i'm just trolling" as a cowardly get-out clause, but if everything you do and have done for years is based on being the most hateful rear end in a top hat in the world... i mean, i dunno, that has to come from somewhere, right?

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

see, the more i see and hear from him, the less i think he's trolling. he can use "oh haha i'm just trolling" as a cowardly get-out clause, but if everything you do and have done for years is based on being the most hateful rear end in a top hat in the world... i mean, i dunno, that has to come from somewhere, right?

yeah, i think you may be right. remember weev? "im a troll im a troll im a troll im a NAZI"

"And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee."

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Robot Pride posted:

yeah, i think you may be right. remember weev? "im a troll im a troll im a troll im a NAZI"

"And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee."

pretty much

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

that must be very triggering for you..

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

gently caress the ROW posted:

that must be very triggering for you..

grats on the incredibly original and funny post

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

grats on the incredibly original and funny post

Thank you!! As well I'd like to give you this award for never making a joke in your entire life you worthless sack of poo poo

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

gently caress the ROW posted:

Thank you!! As well I'd like to give you this award for never making a joke in your entire life you worthless sack of poo poo

you sound really angry about the internet

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

I haven't listened to the podcast in a while but I remember him saying he struggled a lot finding work after college and is in the 'college is bullshit' mentality. A lot of MDE's humor focuses on that if you pay attention to it. So yeah I think a lot of the post college angst that shows up is real but other than that I think he just likes to troll sjws

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

facebook jihad posted:

I haven't listened to the podcast in a while but I remember him saying he struggled a lot finding work after college and is in the 'college is bullshit' mentality. A lot of MDE's humor focuses on that if you pay attention to it. So yeah I think a lot of the post college angst that shows up is real but other than that I think he just likes to troll sjws

oh sure, and that can unquestionably be a lot of fun. it still sits uneasily with me though -- he's devoted a lot of time and energy to unloading venom on sjws, liberals, etc, and i have to wonder why would you do all that if you didn't have some genuine grievance with them? again, for me, it becomes harder to buy it as trolling at a certain point

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

won't someone please think of the liberals? :qq:

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Odobenidae posted:

won't someone please think of the liberals? :qq:

what do you mean?

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

oh sure, and that can unquestionably be a lot of fun. it still sits uneasily with me though -- he's devoted a lot of time and energy to unloading venom on sjws, liberals, etc, and i have to wonder why would you do all that if you didn't have some genuine grievance with them? again, for me, it becomes harder to buy it as trolling at a certain point

i think it's ok for him to have genuine grievances

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I sure hope the funnyman is funny for the right reasons

I'm glad he's punching down, I hope he punches them down until they're dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Again I think it really stems from the college is bullshit mentality. A lot of the more vocal tumblrites and sjws are college students and young adults who think they have the world figured out and it just kind of goes from there. Seriously watch college cunts or the Williamsburg videos and you'll see what I mean.

The one video, can't remember what it's called, where he mocks a series of videos where people talk about 'what inspires them' is riddled with angst to the point where it's barely even funny, but none of it really gets into making fun of sjws.

• Locked thread