Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

thank you for censoring this tweet it would have offended my delicate sensibilities if you hadn't, dickweed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

thank you for censoring this tweet it would have offended my delicate sensibilities if you hadn't, dickweed

hah, you think i censored it?

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Dyna Soar posted:

hah, you think i censored it?

yes.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

drat straight i did

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Liberals were gloating lately that conservatives are always sore loosers who want to change voting laws to advantage them.

Aren't they proposing the same things with all the democracy restrictions that they are advocating all of a sudden ?

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Decebal posted:

Liberals were gloating lately that conservatives are always sore loosers who want to change voting laws to advantage them.

Aren't they proposing the same things with all the democracy restrictions that they are advocating all of a sudden ?

eh, it's just talk. is anyone seriously proposing democracy restrictions? i think not. maybe some restrictions concerning outright lying by politicians and tabloids would be in order, seeing how pretty much nothing the leave camp said before the election was true.

oh and maybe a rule that boris johnson needs to be tar'd and feathered in trafalgar square before he can return to politics

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD

Dyna Soar posted:

drat straight i did
And to make it weirder, the original was clearly c$$t, so was already censored.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Ewan posted:

And to make it weirder, the original was clearly c$$t, so was already censored.

i was kidding, it wasn't me. i got that off my facebook feed

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
Britain should just decide everything via trial by combat.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

As far as my limited understanding goes, Boris was basically forced out of running by Michael Gove.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

So now we're taking advice from guys in fedoras ?

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

popewiles posted:

As far as my limited understanding goes, Boris was basically forced out of running by Michael Gove.

idk, go tell renton that. i'm just glad to see people being passionate about politics

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Decebal posted:

This is why electoral reform will never happen.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Prettz posted:

no, you're just mixed up.

edit: if someone says they're "a progressive", you should be suspicious.

IMU, "Progressiveism" is about applying the law differently to different people in order to compensate for different situations. So, like, a progressive tax plan applies higher taxes to ppl who have more income and affirmative action tries to compensate for preferential racism with hiring quotas. So "one rule for me and one for thee" is the basis of progressive politics. Certainly has its place. :shrug:

e: another example of progressive politics would be "separate but equal" style segregation.

Ork of Fiction fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jun 30, 2016

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tricky D posted:

Democracy has had it's turn. It's corporate fuedalism's time to shine.

Has there even been a direct democracy since like pre-roman empire athens?

We're all representative republics that we like to call democracies

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Azhais posted:

athens wasn't a true democracy since only a small percentage of the populace, basically high born males of age had the right to vote.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Apparently one of Conan's oldest gags, Pimpbot 5000, just made a comeback...as Brexitbot 3000.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_JsgUB6nYw

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Azhais posted:

Some of those Spanish anarchist communes that the Stalinists shot up in the Civil War I guess.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

Be nice.

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD

Decebal posted:

So now we're taking advice from guys in fedoras ?
Mate, that's Ewan McGregor. He can wear whatever the gently caress he likes.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Ewan posted:

Mate, that's Ewan McGregor. He can wear whatever the gently caress he likes.

Who names their kid Ewan? Is that even a name?

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Shutup, Renton.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634

jBrereton posted:

Some of those Spanish anarchist communes that the Stalinists shot up in the Civil War I guess.

they were pretty much the only good societies in the 20th century

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Azhais posted:

*scribbles azhais on a potsherd*

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Azhais posted:

no because direct democracy is a ridiculously impractical system for governing a country or even a city's worth of people, the sheer logistics of it have only very recently become possible due to the advent of modern communications, which nobody trusts to not get tampered with, and the average man cannot be arsed to vote even when he only has to do it once every couple of years

the athenians were only able to do it because the land-owning class that had voting rights had their slaves doing all the work leaving with them with nothing to do all day but molest boys and argue

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Millionaire socialite advocates status quo, news at 11.

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
Hey UK, you want to trade with EU? gently caress YOU.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36678222

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
If any of you guys want to move to NZ I play bowls with the Immigration Minister here and I know of a couple of paddocks out back you could set up on?

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
lol, such audacity and now such bitches

next up the US

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

lol at him using a 20 year old pic on his twitter

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Why do all the British look so disheveled ?

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Darth123123 posted:

Why do all the British look so disheveled ?
That's part of their charm

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Facebook Aunt posted:

Who names their kid Ewan? Is that even a name?

It's not even a particularly uncommon name.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

EL BROMANCE posted:

It's not even a particularly uncommon name.

For Ewoks maybe. Ewan the Ewok.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Captain Gordon posted:

Hey UK, you want to trade with EU? gently caress YOU.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36678222

Time for the Brits to start issuing letters of marque, impo.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

people sure are upset about this

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Uncle Wemus posted:

people sure are upset about this

It's not gonna be that bad

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
yeah austerity is actually cool and good, smart too. also, instead of a mostly unelected tory PM we get a totally unelected one pushing it through, which is fricken sweet imo.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
how can you be "mostly" unelected?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
24% of the popular vote as opposed to 0%

• Locked thread