Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Grouchio posted:

Hey Germany,

Get hosed.

Sincerely, Brexit.

Hey England,

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

like, legit lol

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

botany posted:

How's the Brexit loving Germany nearly as much as the UK?

Yeah, Germany just increased it's power in the EU by at least 1/3 with that step. Depending on how much GB removes itself from the EU (only the political union or the economic union) Frankfurt might take over a lot of what London was for Europe until now financially too. If anyone profits from the whole clusterfuck in the long term it's Germany and France (if they ever get a competent government again.)

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Duzzy Funlop posted:

like, legit lol

:agreed: cant wait to watch the good bumming england is gonna experience by mutti's hands

Shakespearean Beef
Jul 12, 2008

Ask me all about how I proudly marched alongside literal NEO-NAZIS to protest against the GOVERNMENT taking away our FREEDOMS because of nothing mote that the common FLU!!! I'm holding aloft the TORCH of FREEDOM!!

Grouchio posted:

Hey Germany,

Get hosed.

Sincerely, Brexit.

You're american

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Is there a UK thread where i can get my Schadenfreude on?

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Mithaldu posted:

Is there a UK thread where i can get my Schadenfreude on?

There are actually several, and they are all in various states of despair.

What an unimaginably dumb decision, holy poo poo. Twenty years from now distinguished professors will sit on a podium, discussing European politics of the early 21st century, and when the topic turns to the Brexit they will all look at each other and shrug, as if to say "gently caress if I know what that was about".

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

ArchangeI posted:

There are actually several, and they are all in various states of despair.

What an unimaginably dumb decision, holy poo poo. Twenty years from now distinguished professors will sit on a podium, discussing European politics of the early 21st century, and when the topic turns to the Brexit they will all look at each other and shrug, as if to say "gently caress if I know what that was about".

I'm now fully convinced that they'll find lead contamination in their ground water supply very soon. There is a rational explanation for what's going on and it's lead.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
The only sad thing is, it will take two full years of negotiations until we can finally be save from the Englishmen harrassing our shores.

Anyway. Let's celebrate! The UK basically saved the EU by removing itself. Now it's time for some reforms!

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Libluini posted:

The only sad thing is, it will take two full years of negotiations until we can finally be save from the Englishmen harrassing our shores.

Anyway. Let's celebrate! The UK basically saved the EU by removing itself. Now it's time for some reforms!

Even more. Article 50 proceedings require the UK to actually iniate the Brexit. There is probably a slim chance that they will delay it even longer than they already plan to, i.e. October.

az
Dec 2, 2005

And here I thought the english football team would be the biggest english disaster this summer.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

I hope Iceland mercilessly and effortlessly destroy them

e: Brexit looks like bad news for the Premier League as well

System Metternich fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Jun 24, 2016

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Randler posted:

Even more. Article 50 proceedings require the UK to actually iniate the Brexit. There is probably a slim chance that they will delay it even longer than they already plan to, i.e. October.

I'm reading now Scotland wants to try another independence referendum and even people in North Ireland and some weirdos in loving Wales are thinking about leaving the UK.

This is a political dumpster-fire. Either they delay as long as possible, angering all those dimwits who voted for Brexit, or they don't and every country except England (and maybe Wales) will try to sever ties so they can stay in the EU.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Nicola Sturgeon has now pretty much said that another Scottish referendum is guaranteed. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

And you know poo poo is hosed when even Northern Ireland is thinking about it.

Opinion among my co-workers is varying degrees of "this is a real shame, what are they thinking?" to "this is a real shame, but seriously gently caress those Inselaffen."

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I doubt that the Protestants in Northern Ireland would ever accept a reunion with the Republic, even if that had majority approval. I fear that that would be really bad news for the peace process :(

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Torrannor posted:

I doubt that the Protestants in Northern Ireland would ever accept a reunion with the Republic, even if that had majority approval. I fear that that would be really bad news for the peace process :(

Prexit. :kheldragar:

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
lol

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I genuinely, unironically love that the people in that picture stretch across the whole political spectrum. Grind them all into a fine slurry, including Reichelt, IMHO

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Hey England,

lol

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eSsLQ5cBTM

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

As a Scotsman I would like to say.

I hope you are enjoying the day that Britain hosed the dead pig. Please make it the most hardest shafting when it comes to sorting out deals with the UK.

Cream
May 6, 2007
Fett-kart

Extreme0 posted:

As a Scotsman I would like to say.

I hope you are enjoying the day that Britain hosed the dead pig. Please make it the most hardest shafting when it comes to sorting out deals with the UK.

gently caress off.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

You gotta pay the troll toll to get into that pigs hole.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

Cream posted:

gently caress off.

:lol:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Drone posted:

"this is a real shame, but seriously gently caress those Inselaffen."

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
Bundesverfassungsgericht: "All Cops Are Bastards" ist nicht zwingend eine Beleidigung

http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/justiz/bundesverfassungsgericht-all-cops-are-bastards-ist-nicht-immer-eine-beleidigung-a-1099620.html

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
Soldaten sind Mütter.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Good.

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10
Acht Cola, acht Bier

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
The Mindestlohn is going to get an 4% increase, which is lower than the average increase over the last 2 years, on 1.1.2017. Surprisingly rational.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ8O1GxQW1s

Choice quotes:

"Now, what I would like to see, is a grown up and sensible attitude to how we negotiate a different relationship."

closely followed by

"Now I know that virtually none of you have ever done a proper job in your lives."

He also kicks the speech off by saying "you're not laughing anymore" and proceeds to say the following:

"If you were to cut off your noses to spite your faces, and to reject any idea of a sensible trade deal, the consequences would be far worse for you that it (sic!) would be for us"

Closely followed by the entire room laughing at him, including this exquisite picture of a guy facepalming while laughing following that very sentence.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

That was a really great parliamentary session, especially Juncker asking Farage why he was still sitting there and Verhofstadt literally saying "Soon we will get rid of the biggest waste in the EU for the last seventeen years, namely your salary" :iceburn:

Also lol at Farage claiming nobody of the other MEPs was working, his attendance record is abysmal:

https://twitter.com/Polina__Ivanova/status/747746481084506112

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Well I'm in Berlin now.

The heck is with y'all's apparent allergy to central cooling?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

citybeatnik posted:

Well I'm in Berlin now.

It wastes tons of energy for no good reason?

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

citybeatnik posted:

Well I'm in Berlin now.

It's bad for the environment, it wastes a shitton of electricity and it's summer you doofus just enjoy the warmth. Unlike you texans, we don't get that too much in this country. Also have fun in Berlin, it's a cool city.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

botany posted:

It's bad for the environment, it wastes a shitton of electricity and it's summer you doofus just enjoy the warmth. Unlike you texans, we don't get that too much in this country. Also have fun in Berlin, it's a cool city.

Libluini posted:

It wastes tons of energy for no good reason?

Both valid - I'm just surprised that I needed to take a cold shower this morning to cool off. It was also a snarky way to post that I was here and see if anyone wanted to try to meet up this weekend or some time next week.

I'm about to head out of my hotel that i flopped in over night to the AirBnB I'm staying at. Do y'all have Uber here? Haven't checked yet.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Nah, it was banned. Just like AirBnb actually.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Just be glad you weren't there last week. Friday was the hottest day of the year so far and genius that I am I picked that day to travel Kreuzberg lengthwise.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

My Lovely Horse posted:

Just be glad you weren't there last week. Friday was the hottest day of the year so far and genius that I am I picked that day to travel Kreuzberg lengthwise.

I was in Vienna last week for the first leg of the tour, where it was hitting near 37-38C(or, well, over 90F in God's Own Temperature Measurement). That's part of what led me to complain about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I retract my statement and am glad I wasn't in Vienna! :v:

e: actually it was about 35, at that point 1-2 more don't make much of a difference I guess.

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Jul 1, 2016