Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Well, it may be awhile before I see any of those guys. I'm on island 5. I may have spent too much time trying to unlock Raziel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!
Cleared my first TOD easy just in time for the reset, woo.

If there is a spot open in one of the Goon guilds, I'll leave my pubbie guild for it. IGN: Arafel.

On to something people care about : the new event starting after maintenance today:

quote:

New event shop until 7/31, daily one is like the previous ones with Soul Stone addition.

Daily

-Gold capsule. - Cost: 25 each (2 times purchasable)

-12k gold. - Cost: 20

-300 Mana stones. - Cost: 15

-200 Soul Stones. - Cost: 20

-Raid boss key. - Cost: 25

-Energy potion. - Cost: 10

-Lv 200 coocoos. - Cost: 15 each (purchasable 3 times, each type)

-5x 1* Mod pot. - Cost: 10

-5x 2* Mod pot. - Cost: 15

-5x 3* Mod pot. - Cost: 20

-5x 4* Mod pot. - Cost: 25

-5x 5* Mod pot. - Cost: 30

One time:

-Dolores and Poni costumes. - Cost: 800 each

-200 Diamonds. - Cost: 1800

-Soul Gear Summon Scroll. - Cost: 1500

-Devil Soul. - Cost: 100 each, 2 times purchasable (each type)

-10 Perfect Genes. - Cost: 100 each (10 times purchasable)

-Transcendent tickets:

1* - Cost: 800
2* - Cost: 1100
3* - Cost: 1500
4* - Cost: 2000
5* - Cost: 2700

-4* A grade set (Cost: 1100 each piece):

Requeriment: None

2 Set effect: Increase 750 defense, additional 800 in Nephthys

3 Set effect: Increase 1000 dodge, additional 1000 in Nephthys

100% drop gene in DB, free fee to remove set equipment (I think), double gold event until 7/14

Hodgepodge fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jun 30, 2016

Mardragon
Mar 4, 2004
Cinderella boy... Out of nowhere...
Yam Slacker
For those of you in SwdofLowtax we are currently running 19th on the rankings for guild raid ranking today. So if some of you want to log in and beat this boss a couple times so we can stay in the top 20 that would be cool.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Hodgepodge posted:

Cleared my first TOD easy just in time for the reset, woo.

If there is a spot open in one of the Goon guilds, I'll leave my pubbie guild for it. IGN: Arafel.

On to something people care about : the new event starting after maintenance today:

Go ahead and leave your guild, I'll boot someone for you when you're ready. Probably Dershiva, due to intermittent complete absences.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

As of this post, we've dropped down to rank 31, so use your keys if you got them. A little under 3 hours before reset and I really hope we can maintain above top 50.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I got us to 23% earlier. What happened?

Mardragon
Mar 4, 2004
Cinderella boy... Out of nowhere...
Yam Slacker

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Well when 35% of the guild hasn't touched the raid boss etc.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Nomadic Scholar posted:

I assume some people do their guild raids really late due to when guild raid resets. Also since Nexon have been handing out extra keys recently, I guess some people also wait to see if it's necessary to milk out more points before reset.

We're down to rank 45 as of this post. I don't think we're getting the extra scroll pieces for being in top 50.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I usually just burn my 2 keys because gently caress if I'm getting under 1 million some days. Others I feel good getting to that 2 million with your nice mercs. Why does Valkyrie survive so long jesus

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Nomadic Scholar posted:

I usually just burn my 2 keys because gently caress if I'm getting under 1 million some days. Others I feel good getting to that 2 million with your nice mercs. Why does Valkyrie survive so long jesus

If it's my Valkryie, it's because she's better than all your dudes and when they all die, she becomes ULTIMATE WEAPON GOLD VALKYRIE, forms blazing sword, and fucks poo poo up forever.

As of an hour before reset, Sophism, Killbarn, Filishot, Dershiva, Agent355, Geekslinger, and Feldyn have all not done guild raid today.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jun 30, 2016

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Well, until she gets curbstomped by the 3rd form. Bathory a hoe. I feel like I'm doing okay for myself with only muzaka, Rask and Chris at 3 stars and everyone else at like 2.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Well, until she gets curbstomped by the 3rd form. Bathory a hoe. I feel like I'm doing okay for myself with only muzaka, Rask and Chris at 3 stars and everyone else at like 2.

Yeah, you're doing fine for your level. Val would do a lot better vs Bathory if I had mod pots to put some DoT resistance on her.

I did some rerolling on Val's equipment and she should be regaining about 140% of HP lost to DoT at this point, so anybody using her should see some improvement.

Edit: 5 minutes to go, and only one of those seven has done guild raid. We're in 55th place, just out of the bonus.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jul 1, 2016

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

In order to reach top 50 right now, we would've needed 2mil+ points.

I wish I didn't gently caress up my first 3 runs. :suicide:

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Somefool posted:

In order to reach top 50 right now, we would've needed 2mil+ points.

I wish I didn't gently caress up my first 3 runs. :suicide:

I should have had a lot more, but my first TWO runs resulted in no disarm first turn, so the boss changed facing, and everything went gently caress.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

So the new event costumes are amazing.

Dolores, I actually use to passively give me more gold when farming genes but I have no idea how to make Poni useful. Such an amazing costume is going to be wasted. Maybe I can work him into Guild Raid.

Also please don't buy the daily Soul Stones:

This is like the biggest rip off and you're better off spending the event coins else where. You're basically getting 4000 Soul Stones over the course of 20 days which you can normally get through 2 days of raiding. Don't touch this.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Dolores costumes continue to look silly.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!

NinjaDebugger posted:

Go ahead and leave your guild, I'll boot someone for you when you're ready. Probably Dershiva, due to intermittent complete absences.

Awesome. I've left my guild, so just let me know or send me an invite when you're able.

Somefool posted:

Dolores, I actually use to passively give me more gold when farming genes but I have no idea how to make Poni useful. Such an amazing costume is going to be wasted. Maybe I can work him into Guild Raid.

As I understand it, Poni can be good if you build around his passive. Not top-tier good, but very hard to kill and therefore useful in some situations.

Hodgepodge fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jul 1, 2016

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Hodgepodge posted:

As I understand it, Poni can be good if you build around his passive. Not top-tier good, but very hard to kill and therefore useful in some situations.

It's too conditional especially being under 20% for massive regen and requiring 2 buffs for regular regen, which means having the mana to use your second skill or Serendi.

If you want whacky regen shenanigans, Lilid is a much better choice because he's allowed to use all the regen sets by being a defense type.

I definitely would not build Poni as a tank or even send him in to tank.

edit: I can't believe I've never checked this before:

48% chance to completely ignore whatever status effect you're throwing at him on his lvl 6 form.

Beat my old 7.2mil score. :toot:

Somefool fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Jul 1, 2016

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!

Somefool posted:

It's too conditional especially being under 20% for massive regen and requiring 2 buffs for regular regen, which means having the mana to use your second skill or Serendi.

If you want whacky regen shenanigans, Lilid is a much better choice because he's allowed to use all the regen sets by being a defense type.

I definitely would not build Poni as a tank or even send him in to tank.

Or Gillan. But I can manage to live with using Serendi. I don't think I'd build him as a tank around the skill; just high HP and aim for damage by HP% mods on gear.

His third claims to ignore the defense of anything inflicted with a DoT as well. That explains why his theme set this month gives a bonus in Nepthys, for one thing. But it could be very good elsewhere if true.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

I loving did it. I reached SS rank for the first time.

Final score of 24.8 million points. I better not see our rank drop below 50th place. :argh:

Somefool fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Jul 1, 2016

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

When is the next Lost Island due? Guild energy that I've been stockpiling is going to start expiring soon, and I want to know if I should spend it now.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Vincent Valentine posted:

When is the next Lost Island due? Guild energy that I've been stockpiling is going to start expiring soon, and I want to know if I should spend it now.

http://fwt.wikia.com/wiki/Fantasy_War_Tactics_Wikia

According to the wiki, Chenny is this weekend. Definitely blow all your energy if possible to max her. She will be your best scissor nuker for the longest time since the other strong scissor heroes are late game or difficult to farm.

Chenny is good in all areas of the game so I would also buy those daily scissor coocoos just to level her up quickly. Her stage isn't very difficult if you have a strong Jack. If you have a strong Muza/Krut, then the stage goes by even faster since a single strong rock type should be able to solo each of her clones.

Do not attempt to auto the stage unless you have 4 heroes that can one shot the spawning mobs.

Time-Police
Apr 6, 2009
The second guild overflowtax has room.I had a bunch of pubbies requesting invites and missed a few goons who posted.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Hodgepodge posted:

Awesome. I've left my guild, so just let me know or send me an invite when you're able.

Sent you an invite, Sophism is out.

Poni is... I'm conflicted. Honestly, I may go nuts at some point and try basically Ultimate Weapon Gold Phoenix on him. A giant pile of defense plus a giant pile of HP means his 20% range will be so large that he should hit it fairly easily and jump back up to an annoyingly high total.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

Somefool posted:

So the new event costumes are amazing.

Also please don't buy the daily Soul Stones:

This is like the biggest rip off and you're better off spending the event coins else where. You're basically getting 4000 Soul Stones over the course of 20 days which you can normally get through 2 days of raiding. Don't touch this.

Doesn't Dolores only give like 10% more golds? And even then, only off the basic gold and not the random treasure gold?

Also, as a new player, I struggle to get even 200 soulstones an attempt depending on the raid boss.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

Doesn't Dolores only give like 10% more golds? And even then, only off the basic gold and not the random treasure gold?

Also, as a new player, I struggle to get even 200 soulstones an attempt depending on the raid boss.

You will find that once you get past the early mid levels, even the +7.8% boost from Dolores becomes like a drink of water in the desert, as you start trying to +9 five star items at 1-2 million gold each just for the 8 to 9 step.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

When I was just starting out I had like 10 million gold and I was genuinely confused as to how it could ever be a problem.

I haven't had more than a million in like, a month. Dolores is the unchanging member of my farming team.

Somefool posted:

http://fwt.wikia.com/wiki/Fantasy_War_Tactics_Wikia

According to the wiki, Chenny is this weekend. Definitely blow all your energy if possible to max her. She will be your best scissor nuker for the longest time since the other strong scissor heroes are late game or difficult to farm.

Chenny is good in all areas of the game so I would also buy those daily scissor coocoos just to level her up quickly. Her stage isn't very difficult if you have a strong Jack. If you have a strong Muza/Krut, then the stage goes by even faster since a single strong rock type should be able to solo each of her clones.

Do not attempt to auto the stage unless you have 4 heroes that can one shot the spawning mobs.

I have Muzaka/Krut, so that's good. I can dump all my bonus energy this weekend and farm up the event tokens while I'm at it.

You mentioned that she's going to be the best scissor nuker for a long time, because the other strong scissors are late game. Just out of curiosity, who are they?

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Aside from Deb, a lot of the early scissor heroes count more towards being a tank than a damage dealer. Deb also falls off later due to her being a DoT damage dealer. Jin can be considered your next strong scissor hero but she needs some decent tanking up since she's melee. Jin, however, is not a replacement for Deb since she lacks aoe.

Your next strongest scissor hero is all the way at Ashan, loving area 10, which is Lee who can be built to one shot a lot of things. You can think of him as a long range sniper but since he's all the way towards the end of the game, it takes a long time to get him and skill him.

The other 2 good scissor heroes are both stuck behind DB and unlocking both Lena and Fruel can be an absolute pain. Skilling them up also takes forever unless you have perfect genes to blow on them. My Fruel is almost barely usable with his skills at 2-1-9-4 and that's spending an additional 3 months of farming DB after unlocking him.

Chenny is seriously going to be your main scissor hero for the longest time.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!
^^^ Do you find Rask worse than Deb for some reason? I've yet to see anyone consider her less than a substantial improvement.

NinjaDebugger posted:

Sent you an invite, Sophism is out.

Poni is... I'm conflicted. Honestly, I may go nuts at some point and try basically Ultimate Weapon Gold Phoenix on him. A giant pile of defense plus a giant pile of HP means his 20% range will be so large that he should hit it fairly easily and jump back up to an annoyingly high total.

Thanks, just waiting on the cooldown now.

I'm working on Poni at the moment. Good scissors are rare, even if he is a bit of a one-trick... well, you know. Chenny this weekend, Bearman, Jin, and Rask, and I'll have a full team of them if needed.

Hodgepodge fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jul 1, 2016

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Hodgepodge posted:

^^^ Do you find Rask worse than Deb for some reason? I've yet to see anyone consider her less than a substantial improvement.

MP issues.

One of the advantageous of Deb and Chenny over other scissor heroes is that both their mana pool is big enough to poo poo out their 3rd skill a couple of times before running dry. This helps a ton on big maps where you have to shuffle your team forward and there are a ton of trash in the way.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!

Somefool posted:

MP issues.

One of the advantageous of Deb and Chenny over other scissor heroes is that both their mana pool is big enough to poo poo out their 3rd skill a couple of times before running dry. This helps a ton on big maps where you have to shuffle your team forward and there are a ton of trash in the way.

Makes sense. Although her second skill is decent that way. When I use Deb mercs, I'm rarely able to hit as many mobs with any of her skills as Rask's second does.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

This is probably gonna sound crazy, but I actually replace -Chenny- with Rask, because Rask and Deb work so goddamn well together. Raskreia's a square shorter in range, but doesn't require straight line targeting, can target corners with all her skills, and rather than hoarding defense debuff for herself, spreads it out for your whole team to lay on.

I hardly use Chenny at all at this point.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Less than 30 minutes before guild reset and 6 people still haven't done guild raid. Currently 44th place and I don't think it will drop below 50th place.

1/3 of our guild is going to miss out on a lot of extra scroll pieces.

edit: 7 minutes left and we're down to 49th place. :suicide:

edit2: 1 minute left and missing 600k points to reach 50th place. I wasn't kidding about people blowing keys at the very last minute to climb up.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jul 2, 2016

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Sucks to be them. Meanwhile I'm working on getting a full 5 characters up to 4 stars. 5 may take awhile.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Phrenz, Filishot, Dershiva, Geekslinger, Feldyn, and GodsBlister failed to do Guild War

Goodbye rank 50 :negative:

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Phrenz, Filishot, Dershiva, Geekslinger, Feldyn, and GodsBlister didn't do guild raid today.

Of those, Filishot, Dershiva, Geekslinger, and Feldyn haven't done guild raid for like three days straight, and we keep falling just outside of the top 50. The difference between 50th and 51st is about 10 scrolls, or one full summon scroll per month.

Anybody in Overflowtax who wants one of those four slots, pop out and post your name in here.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Kick them in their dead asses!

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

The worst part about all of this is that we needed exactly 1 person to run raid. It doesn't even have to be optimized, it could've been a bunch of lovely heroes and it would've covered the 600k difference to be in top 50.

:negative:

Also if anyone was curious, the SS- rank capsule gave me 3500 soul stones.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
For the record this week/weekend is above average in terms of busyness so OP updating will be delayed.

Just removed a Noblesse set equipment from Frank and got the following message:

Is this for all sets?

gently caress you guys I love my Rask :colbert:

(not a numbers cruncher like NinjaDebugger and Somefool. Advice on improving always nice)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Helical Nightmares posted:

Is this for all sets?

Yes, free set swapping under 7/14. This is probably the best time to clear ToD or climb as high as possible because you can dump all your strong sets onto necessary heroes.

• Locked thread