Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Jose Mengelez posted:

24% of the popular vote as opposed to 0%

if he got more votes than any of the other guys, he's still elected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

boom boom boom posted:

if he got more votes than any of the other guys, he's still elected

no that cant be right, he hosed a pig.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Jose Mengelez posted:

In a post Brexit world, this will be the norm.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Archer666 posted:

In a post Brexit world, this will be the norm.

i dunno sounds haram to me.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Is the sky still on fire?

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Jose Mengelez posted:

i dunno sounds haram to me.

If Kermit the Frog was haram I don't want to be haright.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Dyna Soar posted:

eh, it's just talk. is anyone seriously proposing democracy restrictions? i think not. maybe some restrictions concerning outright lying by politicians and tabloids would be in order, seeing how pretty much nothing the leave camp said before the election was true.

oh and maybe a rule that boris johnson needs to be tar'd and feathered in trafalgar square before he can return to politics

Didn't both camps lie their face off? The sky should be falling but the ftse is at a year high.

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

PathAsc posted:

Is the sky still on fire?

Still pretty bad for everyone against democracy and for control by international bankers. Truly a dark time for foreign speculators. :(

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
My stock had returned to normal so i have officislly stopped caring

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/30/police-report-fivefold-increase-race-hate-crimes-since-brexit-result

Police log fivefold rise in race-hate complaints since Brexit result

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

A senior Church of England official warned that the rise in hate crimes since the EU referendum could lead to fascism.

:doom:

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
just saying friend of the family is a hatecrime in britain fyi.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

http://news.npcc.police.uk/releases/hate-crime-is-unacceptable-in-any-circumstances-say-police

quote:

There has been an of 57% increase in reporting to True Vision since Friday compared to this time last month (85 reports between Thursday 23 –Sunday 26 June compared with 54 reports the corresponding 4 days four weeks ago.) These figures only take into account reports through one mechanism, reports are also made directly to forces and other community groups like Tell Mama and Community Security so this is not an overall national figure. This should not be read as a national increase in hate crime of 57% but an increase in reporting through one mechanism.

It's almost like the guardian is blowing poo poo out of proportion and trying to scare its readers shitless so they'll finally loving donate to their lovely website so they can read even more misinterpretations of statistics and convince themselves that 52% of britain suddenly woke up one day and decided being a nazi was awesome.

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
voting for president is mandatory in uruguay, unless you're willing to pay a nasty fine. i could've written "a piece of poo poo" on the ballot for my choice, but i had to vote regardless; and though it was a day off, iirc jobs still had a legal obligation to give four hours off to go do it.

why is this not a thing in all important votes around the world?

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
i could've inserted my feces in my vote, and it was literally a maximum of 4 blocks away from the residence of anyone having to vote. why is it not a thing?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

RobattoJesus posted:

http://news.npcc.police.uk/releases/hate-crime-is-unacceptable-in-any-circumstances-say-police

It's almost like the guardian is blowing poo poo out of proportion and trying to scare its readers shitless so they'll finally loving donate to their lovely website so they can read even more misinterpretations of statistics and convince themselves that 52% of britain suddenly woke up one day and decided being a nazi was awesome.

their begging for people to "chip in" is pretty funny, if the drat newspaper was any good they could sell it for money

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

RobattoJesus posted:

I wonder if the people who lost their poo poo over the vote are just surprised as hell every morning they wake up, look out the window, and everything is just fine. Day after day. I wonder if that infuriates them.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
'Oh the meteor is still approaching Earth but it looks like it won't hit for a while actually, guess there's no need to worry anymore.'

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Mozi posted:

'Oh the meteor is still approaching Earth but it looks like it won't hit for a while actually, guess there's no need to worry anymore.'

Yes, that is how those people probably think.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
it's not enough to shift the earths axis no but down the line it could mean that a lot of brits have less money and life opportunities in general. pretty normal to be worried when basically your whole goverment is in a state of chaos

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

the market reaction was over the top because nothing's actually changed yet. over the next couple of years it'll be a steady decline as the banking sector mostly clears off into europe. then again a weak pound means manufacturing is worth while again so it'll probably turn out good for the people who voted for brexit and bad for the city slickers.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Ork of Fiction posted:

IMU, "Progressiveism" is about applying the law differently to different people in order to compensate for different situations. So, like, a progressive tax plan applies higher taxes to ppl who have more income and affirmative action tries to compensate for preferential racism with hiring quotas. So "one rule for me and one for thee" is the basis of progressive politics. Certainly has its place. :shrug:

e: another example of progressive politics would be "separate but equal" style segregation.

actually no, this is a retarded interpretation of progressive taxation

the idea is that the tax burden should be the same. Because if you make $20k a year, paying 10% of it in taxes is a pretty big burden whereas if you make $200k a year, paying 10% of it in taxes doesn't effect your life much at all. So someone that makes more money should pay a higher percentage of it in taxes.

affirmative action is stupid though I agree about that. it just creates a lot of butthurt, Same with Title IX

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
perhaps taxes should be 'bracketed' in some form to the effect that the more money one makes the higher the tax on the additional income, thus creating a more equitable tax burden more generally

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Jose Mengelez posted:

To give an idea of how hosed up and inbred british politics are: after this was revealed every news org, that was previously making GBS threads on corbyn for having sex with a black woman, started running multiple "so what, boys will be boys, everyones hosed a farm animal once, why are you a snob" op eds. Also even the ficking New Labour assholes were trying to downplay it.

Basically british elite are like american elite except entirely incompetent at hiding their disgusting acts and beliefs

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Its gonna own when britain easily exits the EU and all the near-default countries do the same because gently caress austerity

gonna end up being renamed the Franco-German Union

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Mozi posted:

perhaps taxes should be 'bracketed' in some form to the effect that the more money one makes the higher the tax on the additional income, thus creating a more equitable tax burden more generally

You mean like a progressive tax? No way, that's segregation! Don't be reverse-racist.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
I am an english living in London, AMA!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
how's the tea?

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
loving buncha liberal marxists pussies in here talking about their "progressive tax"

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

henpod posted:

I am an english living in London, AMA!

What's up with all the pigfucking? Is that a British thing?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

waitwhatno posted:

the brits have an odd thing about pigs but up until now the upper class and clergy have been all about loving children, knobbing a pig is a step up if anything

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Neurolimal posted:

every news org that was previously making GBS threads on corbyn for having sex with a black woman

Uhhh I feel like we're glossing over this wtf

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

RobattoJesus posted:

yeah I saw that too lol

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
we should ban sociology as a discipline because whenever some interesting relationship is charted it always does more harm than good because the media blows it

Velkest
Mar 1, 2014

Neurolimal posted:

Its gonna own when britain easily exits the EU and all the near-default countries do the same because gently caress austerity

gonna end up being renamed the Franco-German Union

nah, Marine Le Pen wants to get out, too.

gonna be a union of one. a oneion, if you will.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Lichy posted:

we should ban sociology as a discipline because whenever some interesting relationship is charted it always does more harm than good because the media blows it

That's a horrible opinion. Sociologists are really nice people and the noble middle way between liberal arts wankery and autistic hard sciences.

I bet you haven't met a single sociologist who wasn't a cool dude or dudette. I bet you can't tell me a single one!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

ranbo das posted:

Uhhh I feel like we're glossing over this wtf

They didn't explicitly yell "SHES A friend of the family" but he was constantly attacked for having sex with Diane Abbot (only major black lady in parliament) for being "ugly" (everyone in parliament is old and/or hideous). Some even outright referenced "jungle fever"

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice

waitwhatno posted:

It stems from the Tudor times when you were less likely to get an STD from loving a lovely little piggy than from the local toothless wench. It just kinda stuck although its a pleasure reserved for the upper crust

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
I didn't think this deserved its own thread really but check out another example of the UK being pants on head retarded:

http://www.newsweek.com/man-who-must-tell-police-24-hours-sex-threatens-hunger-strike-476494?piano_t=1

Dude goes to trial for rape, is acquitted, the state tells him he has to give them 24 hours notice if he is going to be having sex as he is a 'risk' otherwise he will be violating the law.

quote:

Sexual risk orders were introduced in England and Wales in 2015 and can be applied to any individual who the police believe poses a risk of sexual harm—even if they have never been convicted of a crime.

The order requires this individual to disclose any planned sexual activity to the police or face up to five years in prison.

Haha what is wrong with you people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
now that brexit is over when does the mexile begin

• Locked thread