Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

This is pretty much perfect - I don't suppose you have it in a bigger resolution? Thanks anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

paradoxGentleman posted:

Man, those are nice, ADP. Where did you find them?

20-30 minutes of browsing Pinterest on my phone while I'm having a rough time trying to sleep tonight. :tootzzz: Mainly searching stuff like underwater scifi city.

SpiritOfLenin posted:

This is pretty much perfect - I don't suppose you have it in a bigger resolution? Thanks anyway.

Speaking of which Pinterest actually led me to a larger version of that picture from a post in the old art thread. :v: I was gonna double back around and replace it with that but you beat me to seeing it haha.

I can't really find a source for it :shrug:, hauled myself out of bed quick to reverse image search it and google can't do anything with it.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Jul 1, 2016

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

Thanks! Now I'll have something to show to the players when they finally discover where one of the bad guys in my campaign has been hiding.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
Anyone have any good character portraits of people using whips that aren't insanely fetishy?

This one is pretty good but it's also nearly the only one I've found unless you count stills from Indiana Jones movies.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Have you tried searching for castlevania art?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Wittgen posted:

I like these two

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Thank you for these! I didn't end up using any of them, but they were good starting points.

Ended up going with

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

The Crotch posted:

This is way too late (I've been up north working in the bush away from the internet) to help you, but...

Oh my god that first one is beyond perfect, thank you so much.

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

FOOL! DOCTOR DOOM DOES AS HE PLEASES!
:gaz: :gaz: :gaz:
I need art of a werewolf thief for a final fantasy style game I plan on running. I'm basing the tone more off of games like 5 or 9 so something light and colorful if possible.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

Wittgen posted:

I hadn't, but this was a really good idea so thanks!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Rent-a-Bot posted:

I need art of a werewolf thief for a final fantasy style game I plan on running. I'm basing the tone more off of games like 5 or 9 so something light and colorful if possible.

Man that's kind of a tough one haha, it's all either like 100% classic werewolf tearing out guts/howling at the moon or like fetishy romance novel covers. :v: Didn't have much luck finding lighter framed wolves to reflect the whole nimble rogue thing, but here's what jumped out at me.

Tried searching about for art based on World of Warcraft's worgen race for some stuff, but it seems to be mostly HUGE ARMOR wolf people that are basically just like your stereotypical warrior class looking folks.

RPZip posted:

Anyone have any good character portraits of people using whips that aren't insanely fetishy?

Got a couple on in my saved folder.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jul 3, 2016

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Wow, they released some of the art for Unbound https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gshowitt/unbound-rpg/description

Aura

Brawler

Captain

More here

https://imgur.com/gallery/GkPxT

Brawler is my current desktop now.

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jul 3, 2016

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

FOOL! DOCTOR DOOM DOES AS HE PLEASES!
:gaz: :gaz: :gaz:

A Darker Porpoise posted:

Man that's kind of a tough one haha, it's all either like 100% classic werewolf tearing out guts/howling at the moon or like fetishy romance novel covers. :v: Didn't have much luck finding lighter framed wolves to reflect the whole nimble rogue thing, but here's what jumped out at me.

Tried searching about for art based on World of Warcraft's worgen race for some stuff, but it seems to be mostly HUGE ARMOR wolf people that are basically just like your stereotypical warrior class looking folks.

Yeah I figured it would be a long shot to get something that fits exactly but you gave me some really good stuff. Thanks! :)

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

That looks like early Shin Megami Tensei art. Is it?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Think its from II.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I'm not sure if it's intended or not, but he's got the same guns as the Terminator uses during the police station shooting spree.

Fake Edit: well of course they're their Messianic Cult's Terminators.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Wow, they released some of the art for Unbound https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gshowitt/unbound-rpg/description

Aura

Brawler

Captain

More here

https://imgur.com/gallery/GkPxT

Brawler is my current desktop now.

This stuff is rad as hell, especially the "movie" posters

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Christo posted:

This stuff is rad as hell, especially the "movie" posters

Yeah, I really like Hellbound

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Forming a Pathfinder group and was interested in finding a good image of fantasy characters playing a tabletop game.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

Mikedawson posted:

Forming a Pathfinder group and was interested in finding a good image of fantasy characters playing a tabletop game.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Thanks, now I'm going to need some fantasy flags/coat of arms. In particular, I'd like some that could represent nations that are ruled by fantasy races such as elves, dwarves, kobolds, and orcs.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Mikedawson posted:

Thanks, now I'm going to need some fantasy flags/coat of arms. In particular, I'd like some that could represent nations that are ruled by fantasy races such as elves, dwarves, kobolds, and orcs.

I have made some flags before, but they are mostly contemporary.

However if you like, I can do designs with a more old-school presentation:

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Fuego Fish posted:

These should work for the bigger nations and city-states, thanks.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Fuego Fish posted:

Oh, God. I really need the perfect coat of arms for my character, the seventeenth son of the Goblin King.

It's something that has to look suitably heraldic, representing both a vile and powerful, sinister lord of the fey, but that can be looked at as something a benign and good-natured person wouldn't mind carrying around because they're proud of their royal lineage.

I've been trying to think of something that works, but I keep falling short. Standard things like stars and chevrons? Too bland. A skull? Too evil. It has to presumably be an animal, maybe? Any suggestions or help anyone can provide would be hugely appreciated.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Mushrooms. Growing out of an indistinct shape that definitely isn't a dead body. Why would you even think such a thing?

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!
Mushrooms in the shape of a crown; colour them so they are all obviously poisonous

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Mushrooms can't possibly be mistaken for penises. No siree.

Not that dicks are an uncommon element in heraldry.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Fairy rings, that is to say flowers or mushrooms growing in a circle on the ground, could imply a fae connection while still looking downright pretty on a coat of arms. I also associate faeries with thorns but I suspect that is just because of Changeling: the Lost.

Animals that I think toe the line between sinister and acceptable to put on a banner include ravens, owls and wolves; foxes tend a bit more on the nice side, rats and snakes a bit more on the evil side.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Coward posted:

Oh, God. I really need the perfect coat of arms for my character, the seventeenth son of the Goblin King.

It's something that has to look suitably heraldic, representing both a vile and powerful, sinister lord of the fey, but that can be looked at as something a benign and good-natured person wouldn't mind carrying around because they're proud of their royal lineage.

I've been trying to think of something that works, but I keep falling short. Standard things like stars and chevrons? Too bland. A skull? Too evil. It has to presumably be an animal, maybe? Any suggestions or help anyone can provide would be hugely appreciated.

I tried thinking of something vile and powerful masquerading as proud royal heritage and ended up with this:

Probably not exactly what you were aiming for.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Coward posted:

too obvious?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Fuego Fish posted:

That's a nice flag. Very Chicago-y.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
I'd suggest the raven. They are seen as fairly noble birds, and kind of majestic. But they're also carrion eaters, associated with secrets and war. They're a good fit for something sinister but not automatically evil. Also it's a great excuse to put people in black armor without them being bad guys.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A moth. Just a regular moth. A regular, unthreatening moth. Why yes, it is death's head hawk moth! Are you interested in entomology? My great grandfather was so interested in moths and butterflies. He could spend hours in contemplation of the great metamorphoses they went through, and how such a delicate and beautiful creature could produce caterpillars that would devastate a crop...

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

I'm going to make my friends eat infinite oregano and they'll have to do it because the recipe says so!

goatface posted:

A moth. Just a regular moth. A regular, unthreatening moth. Why yes, it is death's head hawk moth! Are you interested in entomology? My great grandfather was so interested in moths and butterflies. He could spend hours in contemplation of the great metamorphoses they went through, and how such a delicate and beautiful creature could produce caterpillars that would devastate a crop...

When I was on a training course the other night we had a giant moth enter the room and fly about, distracting everyone. When it stopped for long enough to look at we could see its wings looked like leaves, that was cool!

What I'm saying is that was one huge moth but also a good candidate for it because I am sure it evolved leaf-wings as a camouflage mechanism which seems very gobliny in design.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There is some variety of hawk moth in my flat right now, smashing itself into every surface.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Thanks for the great suggestions, guys! Mushrooms and moths are a great idea, if I can find a way to make them look decently heraldic.

Fuego Fish posted:

I tried thinking of something vile and powerful masquerading as proud royal heritage and ended up with this:

Probably not exactly what you were aiming for.

That's not exactly what I was aiming for, but thank you so much for throwing that together. Would it be possible to see what that would look like with the crosses replaced by moths?

(It's very Wolfenstein, was that the inspiration?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Looking for a hard one. A serpent with medusa hair. No arms, no humanoid torso, a normal snake, but with medusa snake hair.