Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Angry Grimace posted:

where's the fucken planeswalkers

Don't you watch the announcements about the announcements?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg4WVWWK3wg

geez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Count Bleck posted:

Probably with today's official batch. Like every Friday during spoiler season.

Today's official batch are the two cards that were already posted.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Angry Grimace posted:

Today's official batch are the two cards that were already posted.

Huh. Usually we get WotC's stuff at 11AM, which is in 10 minutes.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Count Bleck posted:

Huh. Usually we get WotC's stuff at 11AM, which is in 10 minutes.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/latest-developments/developing-eldritch-moon-2016-07-01

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-preview/distended-mindbender-2016-07-01

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Final Iteration in super zoom glory

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Angry Grimace posted:

where's the fucken planeswalkers

They're on Innistrad.

Elspeth's still in Greek Hell, and I assume Ajani's still moping about there. Kiora is on Zendikar unless she went to a different plane for more octopi buddies, and Ugin is wiping his brow and saying "whew" w/r/t Eldrazi. Didn't Bobby Nixon retreat somewhere after Chandra set him on fire? Narset and Sarkahn are looking at dragons on Tarkir and saying "wow that's a cool dragon" every now and then. Koth is still smacking Phyrexians with rocks and Karn is smacking Phyrexians into oblivion until he restarts the game with those Phyrexians on his side. Tibalt and Ashiok are AWOL, and Nicol Bolas and Tezzeret somewhere scheme-ish. Daretti is probably on Fiora and Duck Faygo is in whatever summer supplemental expansion is coming out. Domri and Ral and Vraska are on Ravnica unless they're not, and Garruk is in DoTP '14.

Everyone else is dead or can't actually planeswalk anymore.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Final Iteration is amazing but I really do hope they do another that's sized the same as Delver of Secrets

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

JerryLee posted:

"I... it's not like I'm joining the Gatewatch for you, baka!!"

-Liliana to Jace, probably

So Dandere or Kamidere? I'm leaning towards Dandere w/ Garruk.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Rinkles posted:

Don't you watch the announcements about the announcements?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg4WVWWK3wg

geez

There's nothing that grinds my gears like when marketing departments insist on video content over written content, even when written content makes way more sense. Like, does anyone have an interest in a 20 minute video of a bunch of chucklefucks making lame as poo poo jokes and talking about a bunch of poo poo that isn't "card and what card does?"

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Rinkles posted:

Neat stuff

Not amazing, but probably a nice swiss army knife enabler for whatever tier 2 or tier 3 R/B madness or G/B delirium brews that will probably pop up in standard.

Mat Cauthon fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Jul 1, 2016

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

There's nothing that grinds my gears like when marketing departments insist on video content over written content, even when written content makes way more sense. Like, does anyone have an interest in a 20 minute video of a bunch of chucklefucks making lame as poo poo jokes and talking about a bunch of poo poo that isn't "card and what card does?"

the last 2 were only like 5 minutes long

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Bantwalker?

Woahnelly.

I actually don't hate this except for the fact it's 3 color.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Seems pretty good, and I really like that the + ensures you'll at least get a card out of it if they kill it with somethin beefy enough to do so.

E: to be sure, it means up to two cards a turn and even if something like a 1/5 deals damage via blocks you get a card?

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jul 1, 2016

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

i'm not sure i understand why she is green

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What's the source?

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Even Tamiyo knows GW is where it's at now

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Rinkles posted:

What's the source?

http://www.gatheringmagic.com/emmahandy-07012016-field-research/

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

TheKingofSprings posted:

Seems pretty good, and I really like that the + ensures you'll at least get a card out of it if they kill it with somethin beefy enough to do so.

Also, you can put it on the only creature they can attack with and your chump blocker to draw two instead.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Thanks

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

mandatory lesbian posted:

I'm mostly disappointed that she forgot how to tap lands. Otherwise cool card, but I was hoping she would stick mono-blue.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
And at four CMC! Ambitious, but the +1 looks really good. Does the ultimate just do nothing for X spells?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Can you draw more than one card from her +1?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
That -2 seems more powerful than it initially looks too.

Is there anything in standard or modern she would slot well in currently?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

They needed to make sure all the best colors were represented.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Maybe some kind of Bant Humans after Collected Company rotates? As is, you probably wouldn't play it in the CoCo version of the deck.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jul 1, 2016

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I think they were trying to make GW/Bant better over the course of two years and completely forgot there were a bunch of <4 creatures and a card called CoCo

So everything else is gravy.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

She's researching fields, it's right there in the card, god

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

As the mothership article suggests, probably Bant Company, or any deck that wants to out flood there opponent with a constant stream of permanents. She is a very powerful card, however her cost is quite restrictive.

is that good
Apr 14, 2012

Clearly because her +1 is Keen Sense and half her ult is Harmonise

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Rinkles posted:

Can you draw more than one card from her +1?

Choose two of your dudes with vigilance, and they can draw you cards for both attacking and blocking.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

"Draw cards by doing combat damage" is a pretty green thing.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Never really would have expected Tamiyo to go into green, but I can live with it.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
I'm noticing a theme with these spoilers: the White and/or Green cards are not only good, but they also lead to even more grindy WGx mirror matches.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I think she's very bad. I'm not sure what the hell kind of deck wants her and can play 3 colors reliably.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Can't wait for the thread to piss its pants over the common Grizzly Bear with minor upside in this set.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

mcmagic posted:

I think she's very bad.

Why?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Actual answer why she is green: she's very much about just leaving poo poo alone and basically didn't even want to gently caress with the Eldrazi until Jace kind of forced her into action. She mostly just wanted to investigate it and that's it; her position was like "well if they gently caress Innistrad's poo poo up, that's life."

There's only two ways mcmagic evaluates cards: "very bad" or "format staple."

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jul 1, 2016

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

End of Life Guy posted:

Choose two of your dudes with vigilance, and they can draw you cards for both attacking and blocking.

Choose two of your dudes with vigilance AND double strike, and they can draw you two cards each for both attacking and blocking, for a total of eight cards.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

I have no idea what kind of deck she fits in and her payoff doesn't appear high at all. If you are playing her on 4 and then -2 and then untapping with her and getting in and drawing some cards I guess that is fine but it just seems very dependent on board state and unreliable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

mcmagic posted:

I think she's very bad. I'm not sure what the hell kind of deck wants her and can play 3 colors reliably.

I'm shocked at this unforeseeable turn of events. SHOCKED!

• Locked thread