Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
For July, I, Electric Hobo, oath 6 boats and the Sea Serpent. Still from Blood Rage by CMoN.

The boats look like a circus, but that's just the colored plastic showing through the white primer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
This might seem like a early drawing after the end of June, but remember that the only thing that matters for this is whether or not you completed your oath. Don't worry, we double checked :)
:siren: JUNE PRIZE DRAW :siren:

The winner of the SPRINGER-PINSEL brush pack is: ENRI!

The winner of the TROLL TRADER & TTCOMBAT brush holder is: BOBFISH!

And now the GRAB BAG prize!
The winner of the GRAB BAG prize is: JUBELIO!

We have albums going for both the US-based and the UK/EU-based prize pots! So here's who you will contact for your choice of prize:
If you live in North America, you are choosing from Iris of Ether's prize pot - click here to see what's in there!
If you live in the UK or Europe, you are choosing from Krushgroove's prize pot - click here to see what's in there!
If you live anywhere else, you may choose from either prize pot.

To CLAIM your prizes: The default method to claim any prize you may get is to EMAIL krushgroove at krushgroove169 at gmail.com. Please put 'Oath Thread Prize for (your username)' as the subject of your email. In the body of the email, provide your real name, postal address and prize choices. Finally, please see the Postage Costs section immediately below.

If you're happy to wait for your loot you can help save on postage costs by waiting for your prizes until the end of the Oath Season (May 2017). This is entirely optional but does help save a LOT of money. You can also donate towards krushgroove's postage costs, contact him at the email above - MDF gets pretty heavy!

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
The Terrain painting challenge someone posted is this month also, right?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Pash posted:

The Terrain painting challenge someone posted is this month also, right?

Yup, it is. I'll let Germ post the full details but iirc it's a similar 'raffle ticket entry' system I used for Monster May-Hem, with extra entries for an 'epic' amount of terrain and for writing rules.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Electric Hobo posted:

This might seem like a early drawing after the end of June, but remember that the only thing that matters for this is whether or not you completed your oath. Don't worry, we double checked :)
:siren: JUNE PRIZE DRAW :siren:

The winner of the TROLL TRADER & TTCOMBAT brush holder is: BOBFISH!

And now the GRAB BAG prize!
The winner of the GRAB BAG prize is: JUBELIO!

We have albums going for both the US-based and the UK/EU-based prize pots! So here's who you will contact for your choice of prize:
If you live in North America, you are choosing from Iris of Ether's prize pot - click here to see what's in there!
If you live in the UK or Europe, you are choosing from Krushgroove's prize pot - click here to see what's in there!
If you live anywhere else, you may choose from either prize pot.

To CLAIM your prizes: The default method to claim any prize you may get is to EMAIL krushgroove at krushgroove169 at gmail.com. Please put 'Oath Thread Prize for (your username)' as the subject of your email. In the body of the email, provide your real name, postal address and prize choices. Finally, please see the Postage Costs section immediately below.

If you're happy to wait for your loot you can help save on postage costs by waiting for your prizes until the end of the Oath Season (May 2017). This is entirely optional but does help save a LOT of money. You can also donate towards krushgroove's postage costs, contact him at the email above - MDF gets pretty heavy!

Oh well. At least I've got this sweet new avatar.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

Indolent Bastard posted:

Oh well. At least I've got this sweet new avatar.
Just keep oathing! I'm personally still waiting for the RNG to award me some brushes.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Would July-ke to paint some terrain, my Lord?

For the month of July, include some terrain in your oath to get entered into a special prize drawing. Any scale will do, but it should be suitable terrain, not just a scenic objective marker, unit filler, or the like. You can gain multiple entries in the drawing (up to 4 including the original entry) by:

Epic: Painting a "sufficiently epic" amount of terrain. This could be a single large, complicated piece, or a number of smaller pieces that go together. One huge castle. A village. A table's worth of terrain. If you think what you did was epic, say so. If I agree, you'll get a bonus entry.

Picture Time: Take a photo of your terrain being used in a game, or as part of a scene with other miniatures you have painted for another bonus entry.

Rules Lawyer: Write a short set of rules for a terrain feature you oathed. The rules can be for any system, but should allow you to use a piece of terrain you painted in a unique way during a game. Toxic sludge that emits poisonous fumes? Tavern that can distract nearby troops with promises of ale?

The winner of the prize draw will get a $75 of resin terrain from Worldsmith Industries. The winner will get to choose what they want. Anything on the web store would be fair game, as would anything I've prototyped (and posted pictures of in last season’s Oath Thread and the Terrain Megathread) but is not yet available for public sale.

Fun Fact: Worldsmith Industries originally grew out of the SA Oath Thread (Season 5, I think – or maybe 4?). The monthly theme involved painting battle damage, so I made up some wrecked vehicle markers in resin for my 40k Necron army. That sparked the first Kickstarter, and when GW dropped wrecked vehicle markers from their rules with the new edition, I started making terrain. Thanks for the continued inspiration, SA Oath Thread!

Special thanks to Zark the Damned for the awesome image!

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

I'm not creative enough to come up with something good

Zark the Damned posted:

I'll let you off this time as you're a first timer, but you need to make a single completion post with everything you painted this month :)

I don't know if it matters anymore, but here you go.

Dimo ArKacho posted:

I, Dimo ArKacho, oath to complete this Emperor's Royal Guard with my 12 hours of remaining daylight. 28mm from Fantasy Flight.

Edit: Added my name to the picture

Dimo ArKacho posted:

Oath complete!

Fake edit: I guess this counts as Speed Painting as well, doesn't it?
And again for Box Art.

(Fantasy Flight doesn't actually have a full body picture of these guys, but they only look one way, so I dunno. Maybe, maybe not.)

I'm mostly happy with this, especially considering it's the first thing I've ever painted. The red didn't really pop like I wanted it to, but I only have a few basic colors, so I had to get creative with my mixing. I also tried my hand at a homemade wash and glaze, to mixed results. The glaze was basically paint, but the wash kinda turned out ok, at least enough to save. Time to do another, I guess.

Dimo ArKacho posted:

I, Dimo ArKacho, oath to complete this HK Assassin before my 10 hours are up. As before, 28mm Fantasy Flight.

Dimo ArKacho posted:

Oath complete!

Need to work on my highlighting, and again, lack of color variety makes that difficult. Still, I'm satisfied with this for TT quality.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
MAXIMUM EFFORT MONTH!!

I Grey Hunter oath the following -

35 Praetorian Snipers (10mm Hawk Wargames)
48 Vietnam era US Soldiers + 8 casualties & 40 Viet Cong Solders + 8 casualties. 8 Supply markers (112 models total - Peter Pig, 15mm)

PLUS!
1 Huey Frog, (Battlefront, 15mm)
6 Huey Pencil Sharpeners (Unknown manufacturer, almost 15mm)

Finally, 1 Oasis Palms Hotel complex -(3 buildings in 10mm by Dark Ops)

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

I, Uroboros, oath one Drop Pod and Chief Librarian Tigurius.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
I, tallkidwithglasses, oath to turn this spackle and water effects and tiny bridges into a tabletops worth of 6mm scale streams and rivers

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Electric Hobo posted:

Yay me! However, I am swimming in brushes, quite literally (I have 3 full pots of brushes that all see use!); that and I'm still using the springer-pinsel brushes I won in one of the previous oath years.... can I donate them to this fellow instead who I think would get more use out of them?

Electric Hobo posted:

Just keep oathing! I'm personally still waiting for the RNG to award me some brushes.

:)

Germ posted:

Would July-ke to paint some terrain, my Lord?

This is awesome, thank you for running this, I've been holding out on undercoating some terrain for this specially :D

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

What are the rules about claiming a monthly bonus (like Summer’s here! Time to relax...) after you've posted an oath complete post? It never dawned on me the 3 of the models I painted are almost completely nude (albeit demons)

Korwen fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jul 2, 2016

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

You basically never want to edit an Oath Complete post after the cutoff - probably just make a post like the one you did, maybe make some of it bold.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
For starters I, JerryLee, oath to paint this ruined tower base by Reaper

You may be able to see a few traces of paint from a paint test that I wasn't able to strip/scrape off. I'll be painting over these.

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

I'm not creative enough to come up with something good
I, Dimo ArKacho, oath to paint these 11 Stormtroopers and 1 Kayn Somos Stormtrooper Officer dude. 28mm Fantasy Flight.

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

I, Korwen, oath to paint this Protectorate of Menoth Mk3 Battle Box (With Malekus, a Repenter, a Revenger, and a Castigator) and a Protectorate of Menoth Guardian, all 30mm Privateer Press

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath this Fu-Leng Devourer, from Wrath of Kings by CMON for July

'Tis merely the calm before the dwarves...

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
I, Iceclaw, Oath to the Great Motherland to build and paint this Mk3 Khador Battlebox, and this Iron Fang Pikemen with Unit attachment, all from Privateer Press!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, oath the following for July 2016:

One Temple of Skulls (GW)
The contents of the Worldsmith Industries Kickstarter (minus Objectives which I already painted in Season 5), which includes:
3 sets of walls: Stone, Reinforced & Crumbling
1 set of Barrels and Crates
2 Swamps: Large & Small
2 Lakes: Large & Small
4 Area Terrain Bases: Size 3, 4, 5a and 5b
1 set of Gravestones
29 Area Terrain 'Inserts': 5 Large Rocky Outcroppings, 5 Crystal Outcroppings, 7 Tree Stumps (Actual Trees may or may not be added), 3 Landmines, 6 Rocky Slabs, 3 Plain (I may or may not add stuff to these later)

I hope the pics are OK, it was a pain taking them! The full sized ones on Imgur should show the date but if not I took a close up.

Likely more to come once I get this lot done!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Korwen posted:

What are the rules about claiming a monthly bonus (like Summer’s here! Time to relax...) after you've posted an oath complete post? It never dawned on me the 3 of the models I painted are almost completely nude (albeit demons)

What moths said. Maybe link to your completion post, but don't modify it.

Achievement and Jurnal points only really affect the Grand Prizes at the end of the season so generally they're ok to retroactively claim.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I thespaceinvader do hereby oath this converted TIE Bomber Shuttle from Fantasy Flight Games in 1:270 scale

No jurnal for me this month unless 'gently caress you it's a space boat' counts?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

so i failed my oath last month :cripes:

i can save the whales, right? how does that work, exactly?

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

Business Gorillas posted:

so i failed my oath last month :cripes:

i can save the whales, right? how does that work, exactly?

Quote the original post where you first oathed, and then also post show an updated pictures of the minis, with whatever progress you made.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

just as a head's up, there's no explanation as to how i do save da whales in the op

LewdMonocle
Mar 8, 2007
I LewdMonocle oath Nomad Tomcats unit box for Infinity (4ish dudes 28mm)and Shroud Mages 10 boats (2mm?) by Spartan Games.

Why do I still have Uncharted Seas stuff?

head58
Apr 1, 2013

I, head58, oath these four terrain bits that will somehow magically become water/acid pools (one test model already in progress)

And also these Venator Reivers with command attachment (12 models) and Makeda3 with her Exalted Court (3 models) all 30mm stuff from Privateer Press

Probably more to come later in the month. I need to get so much done before Templecon at the end of August.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
I bucnasti oath these five reaper bones bugbears and this reaper bones totally radical shark-man-thing.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I, Endman, oath to paint these five Cadian Shock Troopers from Games Workshop:

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
I, JackMack Oath "The Time Traveller", a promotional miniature for the Pantheon of Chaos Kickstarter.

It's not the best angle, but I am going to go for box art by painting according to the album cover. If you don't know what album, consider this a cunning puzzle.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Oh right, Germ's special terrain comp this month :buddy: I completely forgot! In that case

OATH ADDITION

1 Large Drill Platform by Underground Lasers (28mm)

NTRabbit posted:

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint in July

1 Kraken by Reaper (25mm)

readysetgo

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

A quick heads up, I've been nerding it up and learning about Conditional Formatting on the Spreadsheet. Amongst other things it should easily allow us to identity completions and Oath Breakers each month - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CjBdEM06ehsHI_IGCRx-Ls-j3Mw3vCoZ02a83yBnRtA/edit?ts=57292533#gid=1 - if your name is Green you have completed an Oath, and if it's red you made one but didn't finish it. Please let me know if you spot any errors!

Similarly Judge names in the header will be in red until Judgement has been passed.

Sadly the formatting system is kinda wonky so I'll need to go back and make changes if we get a lot of entrants this season.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I, counterspin, oath Midas, a Battle Boar, a Road Hog, and a Boneswar

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Here we go for the well timed terrain month, as I probably have a table's worth of stuff to get through! I'll be starting with my big piece and will hopefully get through to adding some more bits later in the month!

I Ugleb, hereby oath for the month of July:

1x Harmonic Theatre, 1x Roof-top Access and 1x Subway Entrance, 28mm scale by Knights of Dice.
2x Victorian Gateway and 12x Victorian Fence, 28mm scale by Blotz.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I, Takuan, hereby solemnly oath for the month of July, this charming gadabout
Copycat Killer, from Malifaux

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Speed painting

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache, oath the following: Lokhir Fellheart (GW) and a ton of terrain by THMiniatures: 2 small fences, angle fence, piles & barrels, piles & rocks, fence with entry, large fence, fence for artillery, 2 stakes, loads of logs. Also a bunch of cardboard to build hills out of.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

I, enri, hereby oath to paint... 1 Warmachine Cygnar Lancer, 10 stands of 6mm evil robot not-necrons and 2 pieces of ruined terrain (the colour on which is textured paint, which has since been undercoated - any issues with these, let me know and I'll show a progress pic)

I definitely need to add something later in the month, I've got nothing I can do this month's challenge with at the moment.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
For July I, Galaspar, oath five Grave Warden Terminators by Forge World

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne
I, Scowny, hereby Oath to paint this GW Crashed Aquila Lander and 6 Urban Barricades (28mm)

Only had the things for what, 10 years? About time they got painted.

• Locked thread