Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Can you skip all the cutscenes in SFV story? It annoyed me that you couldn't do this in Guilty Gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

In Training posted:

Can you skip all the cutscenes in SFV story? It annoyed me that you couldn't do this in Guilty Gear.

I thought the Guilty Gear story was all cutscenes though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

I thought the Guilty Gear story was all cutscenes though

Yeah 0 gameplay, but you can't skip the cutscenes so I had to leave the turbo button on X and check back periodically, because at the end of each chapter you have to move the stick down one square to the continue button, so you can't just leave it on turbo.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

In Training posted:

You can skip cutscenes and fights

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol. If you skip every fight does it still unlock Hard Mode, where you can skip everything again.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
The new General Story Mode has blown my expectations out of the loving water in so many ways. I was incredulous at the part where you fought the police officer. I was absolutely not expecting that this many characters would have their own animations and poo poo in the game!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Story Mode was exceedingly mediocre.
The only few highlights were a few cutscenes with Juri and Vega, everything else was very meh.

Setting every single fight to baby difficulty and 1 round only didn't help the gameplay aspect of it either.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jul 1, 2016

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I'm kinda speechless that they sunk a bunch of time/effort/money into rigging and animating policemen, Shadaloo henchmen and Dolls who are likely never gonna become fully-fledged characters

Story Mode seems like it took a bunch of work and it's kinda like.............. why did you do this????? What's the purpose??

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Survival seems dumbed down, like even more than before.

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

Nothing happens in the story. Wowza. Omg! Cool dr. no homage I guess

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

Aegis could be interesting if 1. there are airtight blockstrings into aegis and you get the vacuum effect on block, 2. if there is enough hitstun on aegis so you can reset into high-low without getting mashed out in-between and 3. you can use it like an ice clone in the corner because 95% of medium and heavy normals project a hurtbox before going active as well as 100% of normals on recovery. Well, interesting relative to the cast lol

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Is there a comprehensive color guide somewhere I can look at that includes the new premium stuff? Trying to figure out which ones are worth grinding for (which is completely stupid, Capcom)

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Just download the one round survival mod, and flip the survival grind the middle finger. Also get all the characters because you'll be rolling in fight money.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
Good:

Abel has a 3d model. Abel for season 2???

Bad:

African doll is literally a spear chucker.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

A.o.D. posted:

Just download the one round survival mod, and flip the survival grind the middle finger. Also get all the characters because you'll be rolling in fight money.

can't, on ps4

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
I'm so sorry.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Do the dolls actually have unique movesets/what are the odds of them being added to the roster

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Help Im Alive posted:

Do the dolls actually have unique movesets/what are the odds of them being added to the roster

The one with the heart eye patch used a poison move, and the African one chucked spears. Not a full moveset though, as far as I could tell.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I'm pretty sure the ""African"" doll is from Vietnam (she has a Vietnamese name??) but still, giving the spear-chuck move to the dark-skinned character is definitely a "should we have done this????" thing for the staff

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

Decapre has all of her SF4 moves.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
its made by japanese they just go poo poo i dont know if this character has enpugh personality maybe they should have a move where they eat fried chicken and play craps

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Cat Machine posted:

I'm pretty sure the ""African"" doll is from Vietnam (she has a Vietnamese name??) but still, giving the spear-chuck move to the dark-skinned character is definitely a "should we have done this????" thing for the staff

To be fair. Most characters in Street Fighter are horribly stereotyped. That's just another one onto the pile.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'd be cool with the Dolls all being playable at some point, but I feel it's weird Capcom apparently made all of these individual models for them for just the story mode.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Cat Machine posted:

But she has a bunch of "African" accessories.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Baal posted:

I'd be cool with the Dolls all being playable at some point, but I feel it's weird Capcom apparently made all of these individual models for them for just the story mode.

capcom knows how to budget & prioritize

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean, it gives them an entire season of Decapre in case they need to cut costs and pad out a roster down the road, so kudos to them on planning that far ahead, but I'm not sure a lot of people are gonna be cool with that.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

nickmeister posted:

But she has a bunch of "African" accessories.

and balrog looks and acts like a dude from a KKK propaganda piece half the time, every character in sf that isn't just "here's a bunch of cultural cliches with no thought behind them" is a homage to some anime the devs liked.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Making the game playable before adding any more characters would be nice.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Jack Trades posted:

part of the league of legends model that capcom was always aiming for with this game is that you just add a new character every month to wave in front of your audience like keys before a baby instead of fixing your game at all

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Jack Trades posted:

Lol I'm being realistic bro

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Super High-School Level Eating Machine
I bought SFV at launch, and regretted it. Now I've got the free story mode update and....I still regret it.

loving christ, Capcom. Just give me Arcade mode already.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is Arcade mode really all you want?

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
All I really care about is the core game versus other humans, and my internet connection is pretty good, so whatever.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

If only they changed Ryu as much as Ibuki or Juri.

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Super High-School Level Eating Machine

In Training posted:

Is Arcade mode really all you want?

Pretty much, the only reason I've played any SF games in the past was for Arcade mode, Multiplayer was just a "Oh hey I have friends over" thing for every now and then.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Lynkericious posted:

Pretty much, the only reason I've played any SF games in the past was for Arcade mode, Multiplayer was just a "Oh hey I have friends over" thing for every now and then.

They do exist :O

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm pretty sure they all use Cammy's animations, but with some unique specials.

Peter seemed to use animations meant for a much bulkier character. I think Alex?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Apparently "Peter" is voiced by Peter Rosas, AKA Combofiend.

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Same