Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Was Mayo considered a superstar prospect at the front of his career? I feel like I seen folks call him the "greatest high school player of all time" but eh not a great memory on me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

EvanTH posted:

Was Mayo considered a superstar prospect at the front of his career? I feel like I seen folks call him the greatest high school player of all time but by the time I was watching him that wasn't really there?

I think he was right until he went to USC, then the shine started to fade. He was also a year older IIRC. There's a story where he, unsolicited, coldcalled Tim Floyd and told him he was going to USC.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

AfterFather posted:

Donnie Nelson is only doing what ownership wants. The Mavericks really need to be called out on their poo poo drafting along with their terrible track record in free agency. After Dirk is gone we're back to 90's status around here.

He had a top-15 all time player for his whole career and the best free agency signing was Dampier. He should be fired. At some point job performance has to be a factor.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/tomhaberstroh/status/748938131810902016

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

A&W root beer floats own.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

i.e. no Westbrook +Durant.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Kibner posted:

A&W root beer floats own.

The A&W near me took out the root beer tap and instead just use the soda machine like I'm at a drat McDonald's. Way to take away the only reason I'd show up to your place

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Are you guys ready for the Dion Waiters Starting PG On A Team With DeMarcus Cousins Experience?
https://twitter.com/aaronbruski/status/748938691662360578

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

What do they even sell at an A&W restaurant? Root beer burgers? French fries fried in root beer?

I need to know Lakers Chain Guy's reaction to the Mozgov signing

also jack nicholson's

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

hot dogs and cheese curds

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Mediocre burgers. Well, I mean the burgers are probably ok by fast food standards but mine is right next to a Wendy's and a Carl's and the later is the superior fast food burger choice so why even bother

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/APkrawczynski/status/748939814775365632

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

That's a solid price for someone you wish Dion Waiters could turn into

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

WhyteRyce posted:

Mediocre burgers. Well, I mean the burgers are probably ok by fast food standards but mine is right next to a Wendy's and a Carl's and the later is the superior fast food burger choice so why even bother

Do they not have In N Outs in Sacramento?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

WhyteRyce posted:

The A&W near me took out the root beer tap and instead just use the soda machine like I'm at a drat McDonald's. Way to take away the only reason I'd show up to your place

That is loving awful and they should be sued.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

what the gently caress is an A&W restaurant?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yesssss!

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

nachos posted:

Unless they have all changed to be like WhyteRice's local establishment, they are great for root beer floats that they keep on tap and serve in large, very well frosted mugs.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Shear Modulus posted:

Do they not have In N Outs in Sacramento?

Look I love In-N-Out. But I love other fast food burgers. Each is strong on their own merits. As much as I love a Double Double animal style, I also like whatever $6 Dollar Burger monstrosity Carl's Jr. is selling. Or some spicy nuggets and a Frostie at Wendy's. Or nostalgia at McDonald's.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Jerryd Bayless is an extremely Sixers player

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

WhyteRyce posted:

what the gently caress

Death By Yogurt
Apr 3, 2007

nachos posted:

They have pretty good burgers and they serve root beer in frosted mugs. Better than you'd think.

basketball

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Henchman of Santa posted:

Jerryd Bayless is an extremely Sixers player

He's not Dion Waiters !!!!

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Boosh! posted:

I think he was right until he went to USC, then the shine started to fade. He was also a year older IIRC. There's a story where he, unsolicited, coldcalled Tim Floyd and told him he was going to USC.

That seems about right. Okay I found a lil E:60 where they start off saying "he's as good a prospect as LeBron James" and talk about the red flags
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6AywfzAU80

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

The Sixers keep fighting it but we all know they're still going to end up with Harrison Barnes on a max contract.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

The Lakers are still currently 27 million under the salary floor with two roster spots remaining. I think they'll have some cap space next year.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

repeatedly torn by being annoyed the bulls aren't doing anything and horrified every time i see them linked to some shitbird like evan turner.

just please sign e'twaun so i have like 3 guys i like on the team next year.

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

aww yeah. I love me some bayless.

but then I'm a portland fan who has always overvalued all our draft picks and prospects

can someone bring back travis outlaw and sergio rodriguez please

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

euphronius posted:

He's not Dion Waiters !!!!

Yeah, I like this move.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

TheShazbot posted:

aww yeah. I love me some bayless.

but then I'm a portland fan who has always overvalued all our draft picks and prospects

can someone bring back travis outlaw and sergio rodriguez please

Jarret Jack is available!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

aBagorn posted:

Yeah, I like this move.

Surround Simmons with combo guards who can (theoretically) shoot.

Colangelo might be doing this right.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I'm an old dude who doesn't do drugs what is lean? I've heard of it but no idea what it is.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Codeine, it's an opiate that is primarily found in cough syrup.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Libertine posted:

I'm an old dude who doesn't do drugs what is lean? I've heard of it but no idea what it is.

Codeine & promethazine cough syrup, mixed with soda pop, sometimes with liquor, it makes chopped and screwed music sound good

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Everything I know about lean I learned from Lil Wayne songs

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rick posted:

The Lakers are still currently 27 million under the salary floor with two roster spots remaining. I think they'll have some cap space next year.

He's saying they won't have enough cap space to offer two max contracts next offseason, just one

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I don't get Vlade. If you're chasing Dion Waiters then you're hoping that he turns into Jerryd Bayless type role player. So why not go with Jerryd instead for a cheaper price tag

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Libertine posted:

Robitussin. Jamarcus Russell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Rivers
Nov 23, 2004

Jack's Flow posted:

I loving love free agency crazy season. MORE CONTRACTS! SHOW ME THE MONEEEEEEEY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCgS079ZkPU

• Locked thread