Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

Ask me about holding 4gate!

loving hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

quote:

thus avoiding an acrimonious and drawn-out battle.

yeah tom, about that

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Jeremy Corbyn dealing with all the PLP members.

https://youtu.be/KkU1VW5ODE4?t=3m29s

Fair warning, I've just made a comparison between modern politics and Game of Thrones so I have become a type of liberalism.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

Metrication posted:

will the tories break under pressure from their donors in the city and the business world? or will they throw them under a bus and commit to total economic meltdown?

A the moment it looks like they are actually going to go psycho and the city under the bus. That said the term 'flip flopping' doesn't really cover the massive spin and policy reversal coming out of the tories over the past few days, so its anyones guess if they would actually pull the trigger on the city 6 months from now.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Surely the only thing that could get Corbyn to willingly step down would be if there was another candidate who was at least vaguely left enough who would stand

my impression being that pretty much all of those people who might also have ever been politically competent enough to become leader have been purged out of the party by tony blair personally, I assume that's roughly the situation

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

josh04 posted:

yeah tom, about that

it's very important we avoid damaging the labour party with acrimonious infighting, unless we think we might win in the end in which case slashy slashy

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
if you don't do exactly what we say we will brutally murder the hostages and it will be your fault

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The weirdest thing about this whole debacle is that when Pissflaps, some bloke from the Internet, puts forward the strategy of replacing Corbyn, refusing to name a successor and thinking that's enough to guarantee a Labour government, it's annoying but when the PLP does it, it's loving hilarious. It should really be the other way round.

Have they actually at any point in the past nine months put forward an alternative strategy to what Corbyn is doing? Or has it all been Corbyn bad? Could they actually try putting forward a pitch to their members instead of demonising them?

Kaislioc
Feb 14, 2008
Gove and May resolute in their policy that it is in actual fact better to rule in hell than serve in heaven.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Baron Corbyn posted:

Have they actually at any point in the past nine months put forward an alternative strategy to what Corbyn is doing? Or has it all been Corbyn bad? Could they actually try putting forward a pitch to their members instead of demonising them?

Corbyn bad, why aren't we agreeing with the Tories more

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Angepain posted:

Surely the only thing that could get Corbyn to willingly step down would be if there was another candidate who was at least vaguely left enough who would stand

my impression being that pretty much all of those people who might also have ever been politically competent enough to become leader have been purged out of the party by tony blair personally, I assume that's roughly the situation

At this point I dont see him trusting them enough to step down no matter what they promise.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Corbyn bad, why aren't we agreeing with the Tories more

To be fair, he keeps speaking against military expansion and bombing people. Such people can never be trusted.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
So Micheal Gove wants to burn the UK economy to the ground and piss on the ashes and Labour is embracing the racist vote. Truly hope is a mistake.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

according to some types I follow I the twitters, she will absolutely definitely trigger a full Article 50 exit from the EU

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Prince John posted:

Apart from the whole 'allowing murderers to go unpunished' thing. I do think it was an awesome agreement on balance, but there were certainly downsides.

There's no amnesty in the GFA, prisoners where released early on license and can (and have) be returned to complete the remainder of their sentence if they violate terms of their release (refraining from affiliating with proscribed organisations etc).

Amnesty suggestions have been rejected pretty completed by nationalist and unionists alike, nationalists because it let's state agents off the hook. The intention of the agreement was always that historic investigations would continue and prosecutions for offences before 1998 would continue but with those convicted eligible for early release after two years.

The British government arguable was the strongest supporter of an amnesty as it would resolve the dodgy issue of possible criminal trials for soldiers/intelligence agencies.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Baron Corbyn posted:

The weirdest thing about this whole debacle is that when Pissflaps, some bloke from the Internet, puts forward the strategy of replacing Corbyn, refusing to name a successor and thinking that's enough to guarantee a Labour government, it's annoying but when the PLP does it, it's loving hilarious. It should really be the other way round.

Corbyn bad, won't say that Immigrants should gently caress off and are the cause of all the UK's problem. Unelectable, bad.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

TheRat posted:

At this point I dont see him trusting them enough to step down no matter what they promise.

So does this mean the next step is a media campaign to cut Corbyn's support from the base?

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

Not Operator posted:

Have you seen that clapping video? I'm not even convinced he has a skeleton in his body.

Instead of BoJo, we now have the prospect of Mi-Go...

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Deteriorata posted:

So does this mean the next step is a media campaign to cut Corbyn's support from the base?

This has been going on for nine months, I don't think it's working.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Deteriorata posted:

Have you not been following the press for the last year

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
The PLP are going to be so incensed that the Tories will have two female Prime Ministers before them they'll put Liz "I'm a woman" Kendall up against Corybn.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Fans posted:

This has been going on for nine months, I don't think it's working.

Well, yeah. It seems like a more obvious and concerted effort to that end (which will also fail in embarrassing ways) is the next thing they'll try, anyway.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

TinTower posted:

The PLP are going to be so incensed that the Tories will have two female Prime Ministers before them they'll put Liz "I'm a woman" Kendall up against Corybn.

I remain unconvinced that all tories are actually human so I'm not even sure if we've had any female pime ministers at this point.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

according to some types I follow I the twitters, she will absolutely definitely trigger a full Article 50 exit from the EU

she's absolutely a true believer based on the fact i had a friend who works for her

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

It helps bring about the End of Days, so of course she would do it on day 1 of being PM; any action that will help her Lord and Master arise from his fiery pit she will do.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Why Corbyn is bad by Jaffy age 4:-

* Idiot face
* Dumb
* Immigrants gay
* poor ppl stupid? why do they not work??????????
* hospitl need morer money like a business man
* nukes BIG BANG
* army men cool like my dad
* kill the bad desert men
* my friend dave says jam is gay as heck
* dad and mum always arguing :(

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
Anybody at the Corbyn rally in Manchester this evening? I'd been planning to go all week but got struck down with a nasty bug this morning which forced me to cancel. Any interesting speakers?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Gove speaks.

quote:

Launching his bid to replace David Cameron amid accusations that he betrayed his ally, the justice secretary said he loved Britain and wanted to “embrace this opportunity for change with optimism”.

“I never thought I’d ever be in this position. I did not want it, indeed I did almost everything not be a candidate for the leadership of this party,” he said in a speech.

“I was so very reluctant because I know my limitations. Whatever charisma is, I don’t have it; whatever glamour may be, I don’t think anyone could ever associate me with it. But – at every step in my political life – I’ve asked myself one question: what is the right thing to do? What does your heart tell you?”

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

ukle posted:

It helps bring about the End of Days, so of course she would do it on day 1 of being PM; any action that will help her Lord and Master arise from his fiery pit she will do.
At least she's loyal.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

Gove posted:

Whatever charisma is, I don’t have it; whatever glamour may be, I don’t think anyone could ever associate me with it. But – at every step in my political life – I’ve asked myself one question: what is the right thing to do? What does your heart tell you?”

And I suppose then he did the exact opposite.

Random Integer
Oct 7, 2010

I've really grown to despise the term 'Progressive'. It seems to translate to 'I want it to seem like I'm left-wing without me actually having to be left-wing'.

Laradus
Feb 16, 2011

SpiritOfLenin posted:

And I suppose then he did the exact opposite.

We truly are either in a mirror universe, opposite land or Idiocracy. Or some hellish mix of the three.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
Brexit makes Star Citizen look well-planned.

Lots of EU-citizens at work shitscared.

Edit: finally got in to the wto website, couldn't see any proper stuff about services tariffs.

ShredsYouSay fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jul 1, 2016

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Michael Gove spotted taking a break from politics to go swimming - in the nude!

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

all hope is a mistake, right? i figure about that much

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

ShredsYouSay posted:

Lots of EU-citizens at work shitscared.

ya. a lot of my EU friends have decided to move back eventually which pisses me off

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I checked out of this thread a few days back for my own sanity, and the PLP had given Corbyn a 24-hour grace period. Have they still not chosen a candidate?

Jesus loving Christ.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

they're probably not going to

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I checked out of this thread a few days back for my own sanity, and the PLP had given Corbyn a 24-hour grace period. Have they still not chosen a candidate?

Jesus loving Christ.

Angela Eagle was supposed to announce a leadership challenge the day before yesterday, then yesterday, and then she was waiting until monday, and now they're saying a challenge would be a bad thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I love this.

• Locked thread