Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Zenithe posted:

Just checked out my candidates.

Pauline Hanson's One Nation
Family First
Katter's Australian Party
Liberal National Party of Queensland
Australian Labor Party
The Greens

:eyepop:

Ouch.

Oh well, next stop is BBQ'ing democracy sausages for the local primary school. .

Enjoy your day and good luck to your candidates you loving communists.

See you for the count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Graic Gabtar posted:

Completely unrelated topic based on a discussion at work today.

Higgins. Is the pouring in of resources going to be worth it for the Greens?

Good candidate, crap loads of media and Labor vote poo poo but really?

Yes.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
The electorate I'm in is on a 0.2% margin to Labor.

But the liberal candidate is Chris Jermyn. :kheldragar:

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

The electorate I'm in is on a 0.2% margin to Labor.

But the liberal candidate is Chris Jermyn. :kheldragar:

he's going to win because swing voters don't care who's representing them

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Seagull posted:

he's going to win because swing voters don't care who's representing them

I'll start drinking now then, shall I?

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
https://twitter.com/ahcayley/status/375141713154560000
https://twitter.com/AusElectoralCom/status/375142109960888320

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Newspoll 50 50 basically with a .5 movement to the ALP

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Death is Shorten.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Anidav posted:

Newspoll 50 50 basically with a .5 movement to the ALP

Come on QLD, don't let us down.

Ler
Mar 23, 2005

I believe...
Labor are such shits, hope Alex rolls them in Batman.
https://twitter.com/DavidParis/status/748866404636430336

Ler
Mar 23, 2005

I believe...

Senor Tron posted:

Come on QLD, don't let us down.

Preemptively posting

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Ler posted:

Preemptively posting

I only just noticed the little guy on the border throwing Queensland.

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Mercy is the cry of the soul that stirred,
Mercy is the cry and it's never heard.
I saw a pretty comprehensive list of everything the Coalition was able to get done during their three years:

http://thesauce.co/achievements-of-the-abbott-government/

Cool thing here is everything has a source link - Good discussion at tonights Conservative dinner table?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Oh gently caress how do i vote? - me, tomorrow

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I have, I'm already presuming Megan Who? will kick out Lisa Chesters in Bendigo, because at least her party made an effort to get the seat.

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Are the Chaser guys doing live election coverage this time?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/a_rigby/status/748835511670759424

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Who stopped drinking?

Weak.

*smashes tinny on forehead*

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
Mayo.

Ad wise it's been a bombardment of increasingly desperate letters from Howard and Turnbull begging you to keep Briggs in his seat lest it be one of the 14 that forms a minority.
Briggs has largely kept off the campaign trail beyond a visit from Turnbull to spruik local footy grounds while deflecting any attempts for an interview telling everyone to ask Malcom. s effectively turning him into a human sandbag for the seat staying blue.
He managed to get into trouble with suggesting a political affiliation with the Mt Barker Mayor who wasn't pleased she was used in his materials. And a typo of "Devliering for the Hills" (sic).
Oh and one from the area's persona non grata Isabel (ringing) Redmond who's trying to stay relevant despite her spectacular career flameout.

Labor: one HTV leaflet and a robocall from Penny Wong at 6:30pm.

Nothing from the others, which makes Sharkie's rise even more terrifying to the Libs as she's purely on reputation.

Looking through the lot.

DALLIMORE Glen - Australian Labor Party
SHARKIE Rebekha - Nick Xenophon Team
DZIVINSKI Luke - Liberal Democrats
DANIELL Nathan -The Greens
BRIGGS Jamie - Liberal
HICKS Bruce - Family First.

Dzivinski is a mixed bag of nuts. Anti-eu Brexit supporter with the usual "death to gov taxes" and gun control leads to less homicides. His facebook feed (101 friends) is a ton of American politics memes such as Ron Paul is better than Bernie and very confusing US based anti Lib memes.
Plus for someone who's an architect has a very poor grasp on drawing perspective. No idea how he'll poll I suspect he'll be last unless poor reading comprehension accidentally snaffles up votes.

Hicks has been around for a few elections, ultra Christian fuddy duddy who usually polls 7%. From the Riverland.

Sharkie is interesting as she's Brigg's former staffer and a former Liberal advisor so the large amount of the disillusioned Liberal votes (38% polling) are going to her as she's the low-fat option to Briggs and everything he isn't to the electorate.

Daniell is a new face but has some existing presence as a local councillor who might actually poll well based on his existing connections and possibly a public desire to have an MP in a seat that doesn't forget them because it's safe. Greens usually poll around 14%.

Dallimore is a new face, a former shipbuilder and Holden worker. Got into the news as his place of work refused him to quit when he was selected as candidate so there's an unusual anti-union bent for a Labor supporter. Like Daniell his local presence might draw some points as well as him being a former Holden worker. ALP got 20% last time but it could possibly hit 30%.

Briggs' backlash from his one night in Hong Kong has been brutal given the area is largely retired conservatives who are clutching their pearls at his infidelity and did not buy his exclusive mea culpa in the local paper one bit. NXT is causing conniptions amongst the rusted on voters as they hate Briggs but fear NXT so it will be a tight race between him and Sharkie.
The wildcard is that the Liberals have preference Labor out of fear of NXT so there is a potential for the seat falling to Labor in a spectacular display of hubris.

Briggs is personally hurting as he's lost his bench position and reputation. I've heard from insiders he's close to having enough of politics and if he looses this seat will bow out. At the moment he's the party's human sandbag for a safe seat and by making as much noise as one hasn't helped him one bit.

Adding to that he pales in comparison to Downer who actually stepped up his game in 98 after nearly being beaten by John Schumann and put some effort in representing his constituent. Briggs by comparison has the reputation of only looking after himself with the most effort being put towards posting out fridge magnet calendars.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I don't think anyone in the Lindsay area has been scandalous at all. Or, uh..very vocal, period. Kinda boring actually.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Labor in Melbourne Ports are doing drive-by teardowns on other party's materials. Guess that's why nobody saw them do anything earlier in the night.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

The Narrator posted:

I hate to say it, but I have this nasty feeling in my gut that Turnbull'sgonnawin. I'll be pleasantly surprised with a Labor minority government, but I'm not holding out hope.

Same sadly. I think there are too many people who are going to remember the ALP leadership swaps of the previous govt's and continue to use that as a reason to vote against them; at least that is the justification I head from a few people around my area on their ALP thoughts.

I'm even voting 1 for the ALP for my Reps because in a 51/49 seat they are gonna need every vote and the candidate is a pretty good one; especially compared to the LNP one. Sorry Greens lady in my electorate but I'm sure you will be happier to hear your party helped to form a minority government over hearing the LNP got in again.

I look forward to posting in Auspol tomorrow evening with the rest of you as we count down to see the results. I also look forward to hearing hilarious stories about what poo poo you got assailed with at your local polling booth.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

nockturne posted:

Start drinking now or...?

Waaaaay ahead of you buddy

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire
I think we need a Australian party sign commission . Politics signs are banned, other parties allowed.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Got home at midnight and drove past the local primary school before I got home, security guard there with a mate looking after all the party banners on the fences. Mostly greens stuff on the fences, some labour 'stop the libs' banners and a few lib ones near the gate. 80% greens though.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

drunkill posted:

Got home at midnight and drove past the local primary school before I got home, security guard there with a mate looking after all the party banners on the fences. Mostly greens stuff on the fences, some labour 'stop the libs' banners and a few lib ones near the gate. 80% greens though.

Liberals have been hiring security guards for that. Not a bad idea. Greens have volunteers staking the places out (like me) for the same purposes.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

So I know I'm doing Greens first but I don't know who I hate the least to put second. Oh well I'm sure brain will think of something as I stare blankly at it.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Gridlocked posted:

Same sadly. I think there are too many people who are going to remember the ALP leadership swaps of the previous govt's and continue to use that as a reason to vote against them; at least that is the justification I head from a few people around my area on their ALP thoughts.

I'm even voting 1 for the ALP for my Reps because in a 51/49 seat they are gonna need every vote and the candidate is a pretty good one; especially compared to the LNP one. Sorry Greens lady in my electorate but I'm sure you will be happier to hear your party helped to form a minority government over hearing the LNP got in again.

I look forward to posting in Auspol tomorrow evening with the rest of you as we count down to see the results. I also look forward to hearing hilarious stories about what poo poo you got assailed with at your local polling booth.

Putting Greens first, ALP second wouldn't actually hurt the ALP's chances in your seat at all. The whole vote counting for less the more preferences it flows through is only a senate thing.

I hope that article earlier in the thread didn't get you confused and accidentally make you a less informed voter. :ohdear:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
I'm flying to Österreich tomorrow so I won't basically I'll arrive at a dorm with the results decided. Woo

Ler
Mar 23, 2005

I believe...

Recoome posted:

I'm flying to Österreich tomorrow so I won't basically I'll arrive at a dorm with the results decided. Woo

Hey Austria buddy. I am there too.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
DOG!

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Friday arvo drinks in London - Godspeed goons.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Ler posted:

Hey Austria buddy. I am there too.

Oh yeah which city?

e: Berlin is amazing by the way, easily my favourite stadt by far.

Ler
Mar 23, 2005

I believe...

Recoome posted:

Oh yeah which city?

e: Berlin is amazing by the way, easily my favourite stadt by far.

Was in Vienna up until 2 weeks ago, now in the south west city Klagenfurt. You?

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

Gridlocked posted:

Huh??

Mannn it didn't even occur to me that I might need to post the ol' House of Reps voting comic in this thread, but just in case, I guess...

( http://www.chickennation.com/2013/08/18/you-cant-waste-your-vote/ )

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Ler posted:

Was in Vienna up until 2 weeks ago, now in the south west city Klagenfurt. You?

I'll be in Graz for a few weeks, amazingly!

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
I'm going to be somewhere in Spain, most likely a village called Foncebadon. If the WiFi is good I hope to be able to watch abc news 24, don't they normally remove the geo block for elections?

Ler
Mar 23, 2005

I believe...

Recoome posted:

I'll be in Graz for a few weeks, amazingly!

Thats cool! I was in Vienna for 3 years but never actually went to Graz, I hear its pretty nice there. Pity we arent in the same city Id suggest random internet strangers election drinks!

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Look I'm actually really happy I am not in Australia for this because lmao I am not in Australia for this dumb election.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Doctor Cave posted:

I'm going to be somewhere in Spain, most likely a village called Foncebadon. If the WiFi is good I hope to be able to watch abc news 24, don't they normally remove the geo block for elections?

Why do they have a geo-block at all?

• Locked thread