Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I checked out of this thread a few days back for my own sanity, and the PLP had given Corbyn a 24-hour grace period. Have they still not chosen a candidate?

Jesus loving Christ.

presenting an actual goddamn alternative is wrong at a time when negotiations are still going on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

at least the incompetence of the tory party is in full view at last

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
In keeping with tradition, they'll come up with a plan after they scupper the current plan.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
The worst thing is seeing how half the people who voted for it had never even loving met and talked to an EU person living and working here.

I saw a spot on the news where they were saying "Great Yarmouth, voted most strongly for brexit", cut to 5 middle-aged obese women complaining how we are "saturated" and need to "do things for ourselves".

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I checked out of this thread a few days back for my own sanity, and the PLP had given Corbyn a 24-hour grace period. Have they still not chosen a candidate?

Jesus loving Christ.

It was just a social experiment, calm down bro

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

ShredsYouSay posted:

The worst thing is seeing how half the people who voted for it had never even loving met and talked to an EU person living and working here.

I saw a spot on the news where they were saying "Great Yarmouth, voted most strongly for brexit", cut to 5 middle-aged obese women complaining how we are "saturated" and need to "do things for ourselves".

they're definitely saturated i'll give em that

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Random Integer posted:

I've really grown to despise the term 'Progressive'. It seems to translate to 'I want it to seem like I'm left-wing without me actually having to be left-wing'.

Well look at those who originally used the term. They were not the friends of the working man.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

we need to take our country back says an obese heffer as she chokes on a chicken drumstick

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

What the hell is going on? I dont understand anything anymore

https://twitter.com/KTHopkins/status/748953499791228928

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

ShredsYouSay posted:

It really does feel like a "Make Britain Great Again" movement.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

glad we got KT hopkins on board. maybe corbyn is terrible after all

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

TheRat posted:

:stare:

i give up

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

Something tells me the following people will get hosed in the next couple of years:

-the poor
-EU citizens
-Scots

C/D?

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

-your mother

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Fine DAD I didn't even WANT a leadership contest JEEZ.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Prince John posted:

, but I think a sense of perspective should be kept.
But this is TinTower. Might as well tell Possflaps not to be pedantic

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

i mean i'm not the biggest fan of the fat jokes but

ShredsYouSay posted:

need to "do things for ourselves".

boy haven't the last few days shown us all how absolutely fantastic our country is at sorting things out on their own

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Its going to be a decade before anyone takes Britain seriously again, short of starting a war.

OvineYeast
Jul 16, 2007

Freiheit ist immer Freiheit der Andersdenkenden

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

graun's reporting that tom watson wants everyone to back off while he tries to talk Corbyn down.

Doesn't sound likely.

I guess their polling is showing that the membership is slowly turning against Corbyn so if they keep the pressure up they can call a leadership contest as soon as they think they'll win

Polling suggests Corbyn would still win fairly handily, perhaps slightly less than last time but not by much. New new members majority Corbyn supporters too by all accounts. They're just bottling it. They'll probably try to claim victory if Corbyn says he'll stand down before 2020.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Blacktoll posted:

Its going to be a decade before anyone takes Britain seriously again, short of starting a war.

Which, y'know, things are just a little bit too Germany circa 1931 for my tastes right now :hitler:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Blacktoll posted:

Well that's the tory platform 2020 sorted.

Or, I guess, the New Labour one.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

TheRat posted:

Corbyn's stood up to the people who've been bullying him for the past nine months. If this were a film he'd get to gently caress the prom queen now. Instead this is real life and he'll get a poo poo T-Shirt from a fascist.

Such is life.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

awesome-express posted:

Something tells me the following people will get hosed in the next couple of years:

-the poor
-EU citizens
-Scots

C/D?

It's the poor immigrants living in Scotland I fear for.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Blacktoll posted:

We paid a trillion billion pounds for aircraft carriers but forgot to buy airplanes.

Starting a war will not help our credibility, trust me.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/Independent/status/748955125377536000

turns out PUKI means vagina or oval office in some languages

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

Mark Blyth gives a bit of perspective on the populist backlash that spawned brexit.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I actually believe him in his "I never wanted this position" thing, his stupid brain just saw a moment of opportunism and took it.

It fits nicely into the "these people have no loving capacity for forethought whatsoever" theory.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

It's the poor immigrants living in Scotland I fear for.

I don't know, there might still be a chance we won't have to deport them and/or ritually drown them.

Though I'm not expecting scottish politics to be anything other than a hideous shitshow for the next few months by any means. We might escape with a few of our limbs out the other end of this clusterfuck, though. That's as much hope as I'm allowing myself at this point.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Angepain posted:

I don't know, there might still be a chance we won't have to deport them and/or ritually drown them.

Though I'm not expecting scottish politics to be anything other than a hideous shitshow for the next few months by any means. We might escape with a few of our limbs out the other end of this clusterfuck, though. That's as much hope as I'm allowing myself at this point.

We're very lucking in Scotland that we define our politics as "Fuckin English bastards are doing it wrong."

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Angepain posted:

Look, the British government needs SOMEONE to blame for this shitshow, and they could do self reflection but then they'd find some kind of fault in themselves so their hands are unfortunately tied. No, the only way to solve this problem is by arbitrarily loving Scotland, as is tradition.

How could this possibly backfire?

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Just let the Scottish go, I'm sure they will be able to run their economy on north sea oil lol

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Gonzo McFee posted:

We're very lucking in Scotland that we define our politics as "Fuckin English bastards are doing it wrong."

to be fair, there are a lot of us in England saying the exact same loving thing!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Sounds like they may have brit off more than they can chew.

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!

qhat posted:

Just let the Scottish go, I'm sure they will be able to run their economy on north sea oil lol

Well at this rate the English will be running their economy on Xenophobia and Union Jack memorabilia so we'd be slightly ahead :scotland:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

https://twitter.com/Independent/status/748955125377536000

turns out PUKI means vagina or oval office in some languages

I was kind of blurring it together and read I'M PUKING

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

qhat posted:

We can run our economy on all the English based companies looking for somewhere to relocate.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Vengeance of Pandas posted:

Well at this rate the English will be running their economy on Xenophobia and Union Jack memorabilia so we'd be slightly ahead :scotland:
Good thing I stockpiled 'Controls on Immigration' mugs.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

OwlFancier posted:

I was kind of blurring it together and read I'M PUKING

I thought it was that out loud it kind of sounds like PAKIPAKIPAKIPAKI

It's so dense, clearly a lot going on in this picture

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

tooterfish posted:

Starting a war will not help our credibility, trust me.

well at least people will still talk about us, that's about as much as we can hope for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Guavanaut posted:

Good thing I stockpiled 'Controls on Immigration' mugs.

I'll be a wandering salesman selling fragments of the True Cross Ed Stone.

• Locked thread