Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

greatn posted:

How if that possible? There's only 3 possible versions

Two are 50% off coupons for wiiu and 3ds and the other two are the game itself for like 60 gold points. Nintendo doesn't do crossbuy so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

And everybody all-of-the-sudden regrets grinding for Miitomo points.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Spellman posted:

Yeah, it sucks that they didn't replace Warioware with any game that you can use platinum points for. :\

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

thexerox123 posted:

Yeah, it sucks that they didn't replace Warioware with any game that you can use platinum points for. :\

Can't have fans having options on free games anymore. Club Nintendo was so much better.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
Man, I'd forgotten Miitomo even existed. I'd love to see a line graph of active daily users from launch until now...

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

MisterAlex posted:

Man, I'd forgotten Miitomo even existed. I'd love to see a line graph of active daily users from launch until now...

Probably looks a lot like this: \______

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

Do I look like a reasonable man to you, or a peppermint nightmare?
Glad all these coins are going to rot until Nintendo wipes them from existence.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

enojy posted:

Probably looks a lot like this: \______
p much http://venturebeat.com/2016/05/28/the-rise-and-fall-of-nintendos-miitomo-massive-downloads-dont-mean-success/

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

why cant nintendo just be normal

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Super No Vacancy posted:

Yeah, they should've sticked with hanafuda cards.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Spellman posted:

Getting the 30 point bonuses for going to My Nintendo or Miiverse even seem like a waste of time now and you barely have to do anything.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm confused what everyone is complaining about, I don't follow MyNintendo stuff but these:

thexerox123 posted:

Ooh hey, new rewards are already up on My Nintendo!
Metroid 2, Wario Land 3, Mario Bros 3, Donkey Kong 3, and Super Mario Kart. And a Mario Kart 8 DLC pack.
Bunch of new discounts, too.

I only have Mario Bros 3 out of all of those, so I'm happy. Going to spend a bunch of gold coins.

Seem like killer rewards

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The rewards all use gold coins instead of platinum. There are no new games that can be gotten with platinum coins.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

In Training posted:

I'm confused what everyone is complaining about, I don't follow MyNintendo stuff but these:

Seem like killer rewards

They're all gold rewards also Wario Land 3 and Donkey Kong 3 are bad. They took down the Warioware Touched platinum reward with nothing to really replace it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What's the difference between Platinum and Gold coins

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

In Training posted:

You only get gold coins by buying digital games. You get platinum coins for using Nintendo services weekly + Miitomo.

My biggest annoyance about the new change is that even the discounts with platinum coins are poo poo now. 20% and that takes a huge amount of platinum coins for those.

Super No Vacancy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUwWAI_Zfn4

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

In Training posted:

Platinum coins you get by doing My Nintendo missions (like, log in to the eshop once a week, etc), and Miitomo.... Gold coins you get from making purchases.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well I'm not surprised Nintendo isn't giving away free games because you log onto the Internet every day.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
they were before though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

they were before though

Well that's because Nintendo is win

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

In Training posted:

Well I'm not surprised Nintendo isn't giving away free games because you log onto the Internet every day.

The problem is that you get jack poo poo from physical purchases

It's a loyalty program that exclusively rewards digital purchases

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

In Training posted:

Seem like killer rewards

The PAL territories didn't get any of these. We got two lovely Picross E games though!

Also I wanted to get Tropical Freeze with the discount because I think I'll get a used wiiu next year when it's cheaper but nope. The games are apparently tied to the hardware, can't buy stuff and just tie it to your Nintendo account. This is loving medieval, transferring the games between hardware in countries where there is no Nintendo phoneline (like mine) must be really fun.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

halfway across the world, a sleeping jivjov opens his eyes

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

"Why do companies must do what other companies do?"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Regy Rusty posted:

And their previous digital-exclusive royalty program was a straight up 10% cashback, now it's a bit more than 10% on half a dozen titles for two months and your reward points last 6 month, aka three rewards rotations, so you better hope something good pops up before your points expire.

I'm normally cool with Nintendo's stumblings into digital stuff but this time it's just a straight up downgrade from club nintendo and digital deluxe promo, with the added salt that it's time limited.
But at least I got to play WarioWare Touched for free.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Help Im Alive posted:

halfway across the world, a sleeping jivjov opens his eyes

I'm fairly sure he claimed that they'd add new games once the old ones disappeared. :mad:

Frankly, it's really weird that they completely remodelled the loyalty program only to give up almost immediately. Miitomo died off pretty quickly, and it seems like MyNintendo is following suit since the platin coins are basically pointless without a decent reward. Nobody's actually buying those lame 3ds themes, right?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

And More posted:

I'm fairly sure he claimed that they'd add new games once the old ones disappeared. :mad:

Frankly, it's really weird that they completely remodelled the loyalty program only to give up almost immediately. Miitomo died off pretty quickly, and it seems like MyNintendo is following suit since the platin coins are basically pointless without a decent reward. Nobody's actually buying those lame 3ds themes, right?

I bought the lame themes just to spend coins, and they didn't even put up more lame themes today.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

SMRPG has an addon chip, it's the same one used by Kirby Superstar and Kirby's Dreamland 3.

it's one of the only ones that doens't work on that superboy thing, which handles star fox and yoshi's island like a champ

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

or in other words you can play portable star fox and yoshi's island if you really want to (even ignoring the so-so gba port), kirby's superstar has that ds port, but smrpg you're still tethered. oh well, some day.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i guess maybe one of those chinese android things would work? but that's not very cool

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Regy Rusty posted:

And also gives discounts on games any Nintendo fan has more than likely already bought. It's a poo poo program and I don't even bother with it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Terminally Bored posted:

The PAL territories didn't get any of these. We got two lovely Picross E games though!

Also I wanted to get Tropical Freeze with the discount because I think I'll get a used wiiu next year when it's cheaper but nope. The games are apparently tied to the hardware, can't buy stuff and just tie it to your Nintendo account. This is loving medieval, transferring the games between hardware in countries where there is no Nintendo phoneline (like mine) must be really fun.

Digital purchases are tied to your account, don't worry. You can freely system transfer from Wii U to Wii U

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Super Mario RPG actually never worked on my SNES. That and the game genie. Everything else worked fine.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Terminally Bored posted:

^^^ Idiot ^^^

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I know Nintendo doesn't want to deal with the users who were heavy-on grinding (a.k.a. paying attention to Nintendo products early on) dumping their 11000 platinum coins on their rewards, but it sucks right now. The gold coins should last forever though, seriously. That's jokes.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

When do coins expire?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

6 months from when you acquired them.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Is Pilotwings in Europe or something? I was just going to check it out but it's not on my(American) rewards page.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

greatn posted:

Is Pilotwings in Europe or something? I was just going to check it out but it's not on my(American) rewards page.
Look at this amazing European choice

Another bunch of full game offers expires in a month, but they all are for the WiiU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well I would have happily spent the 65 on portable Pilotwings just now