Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Retromancer posted:

I'm actually kind of surprised that they didn't kill Sorin. Dude is useless and boring to anyone but slashfic writers and it makes thematic sense that he would die here.

he might be dead, not like we know the story yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
other possible answer is "he's already dead cause he's a vampire"

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
hes been dead

on the inside

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Foreskin Problems posted:

Is Koth dead? If he makes an appearance, would he be in Naya colors?

Koth is alive; but the Naya colored walker is assuredly Ajani Goldmane, a Planeswalker from Naya who has had red, green and white cards.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Solution: 2-mana BR Koth (so that R&D can make him worthless, thus proving objectively that both 2-mana 'walkers and BR 'walkers are bad and unplayable, therefore aggro players should stop bitching).

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Balon posted:

I think its interesting that they're transitioning other walkers to other colors, setting the precedent that the only mono colored walkers are those of the Gatewatch.

The best part to me is we have one blue walker who really should be UW and the one that acts mono blue is now Bant.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Tubgoat posted:

Solution: 2-mana BR Koth (so that R&D can make him worthless, thus proving objectively that both 2-mana 'walkers and BR 'walkers are bad and unplayable, therefore aggro players should stop bitching).

+1: Untap target Mountain or Swamp. It becomes a 1/1 red and black Elemental creature until end of turn. It's still a land.
-2: If you control a Mountain and a Swamp, add B or R to your mana pool.
-8: You get an emblem with "Mountains you control have 'Swamps you control have "Tap, sacrifice this land: Tap each mountain you control. Each mountain tapped this way deals 1 damage to target creature." ' "

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Lottery of Babylon posted:

+1: Untap target Mountain or Swamp. It becomes a 1/1 red and black Elemental creature until end of turn. It's still a land.
-8: You get an emblem with "Mountains you control have 'Swamps you control have "Tap, sacrifice this land: Tap each mountain you control. Each mountain tapped this way deals 1 damage to target creature." ' "

I was completely on board until you got to the ultimate. :smith:

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Retromancer posted:

I'm actually kind of surprised that they didn't kill Sorin. Dude is useless and boring to anyone but slashfic writers and it makes thematic sense that he would die here.

Sorin being useless and everyone being afraid of him anyway for some reason is one of the funniest things about the story, don't you dare take that away from me

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.
Turns out Goblin Trenches + Intangible Virtue is gross in EMA draft. Oh, and Siege-Gang Commander and two Young Pyromancers for good measure.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
The story beats from the Innistrad Art Book (via some dude on MTGS)

* Arlinn Kord teams up with the vampires dealing with the threats in the woods.

* Thalia and her order of Saint Traft use the power of the geists of slain cathar to help repel the eldrazi.

* Sigarda and her horde of humans try to stop Brisela and her horde of eldrazi angels. Sigarda wins when Brisela tries to meld with her and she strikes from within. Which I guess means she pulls a Vegito from the Majin Buu arc.

* Sorin (and Olivia Voldaren) and Nahiri have a showdown at Markov Mannor.

* Nahiri tells him he has to sacrifice himself like she did on Zendikar. Sorin thinks that Innistrad is beyond salvation and that he is there to end her once and for all before leaving Innistrad for good. Nahiri gets upset over his reaction and uses her full power to battle him, Sorin wins in the end. Olivia gets mad when she realises Sorin has no intention of trying to get rid of Emrakul and turns on him to make him go along with Nahiri's "die for Innistrad" plan. When Sorin is about to kill Nahiri, Olivia decides to stop him so Nahiri can use her power again to send Emrakul elsewhere, but Sorin kills Olivia instead. Nahiri then seals Sorin into a stone prison saying that he has no other choice now but to stay and die with his plane. Nahiri planeswalks away after she locks Sorin and before Emrakul is trapped, with a creepy smile on her face. She's basically insane and talks to herself now.

* The Jacetice League seals Emrakul in the moon.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jul 1, 2016

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Angry Grimace posted:

* Nahiri tells him he has to sacrifice himself like she did on Zendikar. Sorin thinks that Innistrad is beyond salvation and that he is there to end her once and for all before leaving Innistrad for good. Nahiri gets upset over his reaction and uses her full power to battle him, Sorin wins in the end. Olivia gets mad when she realises Sorin has no intention of trying to get rid of Emrakul and turns on him to make him go along with Nahiri's "die for Innistrad" plan. When Sorin is about to kill Nahiri, Olivia decides to stop him so Nahiri can use her power again to send Emrakul elsewhere, but Sorin kills Olivia instead. Nahiri then seals Sorin into a stone prison saying that he has no other choice now but to stay and die with his plane. Nahiri planeswalks away after she locks Sorin and before Emrakul is trapped, with a creepy smile on her face. She's basically insane and talks to herself now.

:laffo:

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Equilibrium posted:

Wizards can't afford to hire things like 'writers' or 'talent' so it really doesn't matter what template their stories use, they'll always be poo poo.

A lot of their problems could be solved by moving away from relying on Phyrexians, Nicol Bolas (or his puppets), and Eldrazi as the big, overarching villains of every set, and not using the Jacetice league as a characterization crutch. Just scale the stakes down a bit. Not every threat has to be a danger to the Multiverse. Introduce some characters that aren't necessary destined to be legendary heroes or aren't being pulled out of Maro's 20 year old D&D campaigns.

It's really not even a question of resources, they could crowdsource this kind of stuff.

Lottery of Babylon posted:

That second ability should probably be "If you control a Mountain and a Swamp, add BB or RR to your mana pool" to be worthwhile at all. That ultimate, :wtc: How about :

-8: Destroy all artifacts and creatures target player controls. Then target player reveals his or her hand and discards X cards, where X is equal to the number of permanents destroyed this way.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

That second ability should probably be "If you control a Mountain and a Swamp, add BB or RR to your mana pool" to be worthwhile at all. That ultimate, :wtc: How about :

-8: Destroy all artifacts and creatures target player controls. Then target player reveals his or her hand and discards X cards, where X is equal to the number of permanents destroyed this way.

"Worthless" was part of the description, "worthless" is what you're gonna get.

Also your ult needs to involve mountains (and swamps, Koth can't be mono-red anymore so obviously swamps are his jam now).

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Yeah I think Sorin's just stopped giving a gently caress at this point

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Yes, please. The cost is restrictive enough that he'll never get there, but the ability is good enough that it's worth trying to make it there. Worst case scenario, an all-star in Tiny Tymaret.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

A lot of their problems could be solved by moving away from relying on Phyrexians, Nicol Bolas (or his puppets), and Eldrazi as the big, overarching villains of every set, and not using the Jacetice league as a characterization crutch. Just scale the stakes down a bit. Not every threat has to be a danger to the Multiverse.

Considering that none of those were involved from Inn1-bfz, that's a weird criticism.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
New spoiler (no image, sorry):

Oath of Sorin (rare)
WB
Legendary Enchantment
Activated abilities of artifacts can't be activated.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Lies.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

black potus posted:

New spoiler (no image, sorry):

Oath of Sorin (rare)
WB
Legendary Enchantment
Activated abilities of artifacts can't be activated.

this joke really doesn't work out of context.

It's because Sorin does nothing.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
too bad tamiyo wont be punishing anyone in the name of the moon

all im saying is magical girls are a technically subset of magic

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Zoness posted:

That's because Tamiyo doesn't give a gently caress about punishing anyone unless it gets in the way of her looking at the moon.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Yeah I think Sorin's just stopped giving a gently caress at this point

"Look, I finally did a thing. I killed Avacyn. I'm going to take a nap now."

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I do not get Sorin's deal. He seems almost schizophrenic.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Zoness posted:

Tamiyo did enough research on Sailor Moon to know how the Emrakul match-up would go

E: and Magic doesn't have a Tuxedo Mask so :shrug:

Ith
May 16, 2004
not azn
So the story is exactly the same as BFZ in regards to Emrakul being defeated by a group of losers? (Well except Tamiyo. They basically ruined every other planeswalker story wise.)

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

mandatory lesbian posted:

i'm not sure i understand why she is green

Top thing is GU
Middle thing is UW

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Angry Grimace posted:

* Arlinn Kord teams up with the vampires dealing with the threats in the woods.

* Thalia and her order of Saint Traft use the power of the geists of slain cathar to help repel the eldrazi.

* Sigarda and her horde of humans try to stop Brisela and her horde of eldrazi angels. Sigarda wins when Brisela tries to meld with her and she strikes from within. Which I guess means she pulls a Vegito from the Majin Buu arc.

* Sorin (and Olivia Voldaren) and Nahiri have a showdown at Markov Mannor.

* The Jacetice League seals Emrakul in the moon.

Thats actually sweet

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Wow Nahiri really did go full yandere

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Nahiri tells him he has to sacrifice himself like she did on Zendikar. Sorin thinks that Innistrad is beyond salvation and that he is there to end her once and for all before leaving Innistrad for good. Nahiri gets upset over his reaction and uses her full power to battle him, Sorin wins in the end. Olivia gets mad when she realises Sorin has no intention of trying to get rid of Emrakul and turns on him to make him go along with Nahiri's "die for Innistrad" plan. When Sorin is about to kill Nahiri, Olivia decides to stop him so Nahiri can use her power again to send Emrakul elsewhere, but Sorin kills Olivia instead. Nahiri then seals Sorin into a stone prison saying that he has no other choice now but to stay and die with his plane. Nahiri planeswalks away after she locks Sorin and before Emrakul is trapped, with a creepy smile on her face. She's basically insane and talks to herself now.
[/quote]

i am okay with this result

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Top thing is GU
Middle thing is UW

no the other dude already answered my question, the reason she's green is because development purposefully wanted her to be hard to cast

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

TheKingofSprings posted:

Tamiyo did enough research on Sailor Moon to know how the Emrakul match-up would go

E: and Magic doesn't have a Tuxedo Mask so :shrug:

Jesters mask though

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I can't wait for the part where sorin gets accidentally broken out of the moon somehow and then goes to zendikar for revenge only to find that it was already destroyed by ob nixilis or something

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

dragon enthusiast posted:

But you're not supposed to have more than one type of -dere in a series! Maybe my friend is right and Chandra is a bakadere instead of yan.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I like that resolution to the Sorin/Nahiri conflict, since we are going to see a delerious and insane Nahiri as a villian in the future, and Sorin can always return in a future block after his prison is broken by him or someone else.

I can see a block that is an enraged escaped Sorin and insane Nahiri fighting on a plane, and all their armies and spells and summons are destroying the society living there via collateral damage, and the gatewatch have to work to end the conflict one way or another.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Chill la Chill posted:

But you're not supposed to have more than one type of -dere in a series! Maybe my friend is right and Chandra is a bakadere instead of yan.

I think I hate you

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Pharohman777 posted:

I like that resolution to the Sorin/Nahiri conflict, since we are going to see a delerious and insane Nahiri as a villian in the future, and Sorin can always return in a future block after his prison is broken by him or someone else.

I can see a block that is an enraged escaped Sorin and insane Nahiri fighting on a plane, and all their armies and spells and summons are destroying the society living there via collateral damage, and the gatewatch have to work to end the conflict one way or another.

gently caress the gate watch.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Errant Gin Monks posted:

gently caress the gate watch.

Please don't spoil my fanfiction.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

dragon enthusiast posted:

She was locked in a box that is essentially a pitch-black void for 1000 years, its not surprising she's gone batshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Nahiri would make a better antagonist if she actually could beat Sorin by herself but I guess that's asking too much.

• Locked thread