Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Best official fleet uniform so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Serve Starfleet in your service issue karate gi while you climb to your death in Mr. Scott's amazing technicolor engine room.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
"Charlie, we don't go around slapping Yeoman Rand on the rear end, ok?"

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

shadow puppet of a posted:

Its so strange that people were ok with those pants on TV. I mean, you can see it all. props to the actors not caring bout their small dicks tho.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Hector Beerlioz posted:

"Charlie, we don't go around slapping Yeoman Rand on the rear end, ok?"

"We" as in not you because you're not a officer.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

shadow puppet of a posted:

Someone is smuggling one single button mushroom. A small one, from the looks of it.

plushpuffin
Jan 10, 2003

Fratercula arctica

Nap Ghost
It's a prototype microtransporter.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Space is very cold.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

The blu-ray restoration team know that dickprint like the back of their hand. The back of their pinky, specifically. The top third, precisely.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Squizzle posted:

Space is very cold.

"Orions know about shrinkage...Right?"

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Squizzle posted:

Space is very cold.

yet the turkish wrestling room the background is so very hot

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I could swear I remember an interview with the guy who played Robin on the old Batman show, and he said that his donger and balls were making old women write outraged letters to the studio, and they had to take him down like Brandon Teena whenever he was in his tights. I actually remember seeing that in several interviews, so he must have been very proud of his sausage.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Cthulu Carl posted:

"Orions know about shrinkage...Right?"

"It shrinks?"

"Like a frightened gagh."

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Man this thread has been moving so fast it could probably make the kessel run in under 12 parsecs

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Man this thread has been moving so fast effienctly it could probably make the kessel run in under 12 parsecs

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul
I haven't read any of this thread. I just wanted to stop in and say that Star Trek: Voyager was a very, very, very, very bad television show. Thank you.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Centripetal Horse posted:

I haven't read any of this thread. I just wanted to stop in and say that Star Trek: Voyager was a very, very, very, very bad television show. Thank you.

Gonna have to disagree

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

This is basically my entire fantasy, including all those people watching.

I'd sleep in his urethra like a sleeping bag at night to keep warm and his sleep boners would crack my back while I slept, keeping me limber and spry.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Gonna have to disagree

I may not agree with what you say, but I would defend to the first hint of mild annoyance your right to say it. After that, you'd be on your own, because boy howdy is Voyager bad.

Good Trek:

Bad Trek:

The thing is, all they would have had to do to make Voyager good was use a fork to pry that thing out of Jeri Ryan's eye socket, and have her be naked all the time. They just couldn't be bothered, though.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

criscodisco posted:

This is basically my entire fantasy, including all those people watching.

I'd sleep in his urethra like a sleeping bag at night to keep warm and his sleep boners would crack my back while I slept, keeping me limber and spry.

Reminder: This is what "hella buff" looked like in the 1960s.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Reminder: This is what "hella buff" looked like in the 1960s.

Yeah but hella buff then was way better than hella buff now. I mean, no one is cuter than Hugh Jackman, but when he's playing Wolverine he is all veiny and looks like a messed up cucumber with a bunch of weiners hanging off of it.

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Centripetal Horse posted:

An important part of loving star trek is hating star trek.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Probably the most important part, I'd say.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Are we still in agreement that Galaxy Quest was the best Trek movie, or is it possible that this is?

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
No it's JJ Trek 2.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
That scene where Kirk dies from space madness, wow.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
He was all "no Spock I'm doing it talk to the hand" and the whole theater cheered and yelled gently caress yeah.

plushpuffin
Jan 10, 2003

Fratercula arctica

Nap Ghost

Tectonis posted:

An important part of loving star trek is hating star trek.

To know Trek... Is to hate Trek. And to hate Trek... Is to love Trek.

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Do they ever explain why the don't have more than 1 copy of the mobile emitter? It can be transported so nothing should be stopping them from making a backup.

I guess replacing the crew with holograms and then staying in your quarters with your personal sex hologram would be too easy?

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

criscodisco posted:

No it's JJ Trek 2.

:getout:

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

plushpuffin posted:

To know Trek... Is to hate Trek. And to hate Trek... Is to love Trek.

Same but replace Trek with "Picard's cameltoe"

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
Voyager is the only trek i have watched, I was just a kid but I liked it.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Tectonis posted:

Do they ever explain why the don't have more than 1 copy of the mobile emitter? It can be transported so nothing should be stopping them from making a backup.

I guess replacing the crew with holograms and then staying in your quarters with your personal sex hologram would be too easy?

There is no why with Voyager. Voyager is just one lazy, half baked idea to another.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Seriously I think he's been strapping each ball to a different thigh to fit in his uniform.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Tectonis posted:

It was technology from the future that they had no hope of understanding, unlike the hobo from the 70's they got it from.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Zombiepop posted:

Voyager is the only trek i have watched, I was just a kid but I liked it.

I suppose if you haven't seen the same ideas done better with actors who give a poo poo, Voyager wouldn't seem so bad.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
You know Risa was fun when you come home with a puffy vagina.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Sunswipe posted:

I suppose if you haven't seen the same ideas done better with actors who give a poo poo, Voyager wouldn't seem so bad.

The actors gave a poo poo, the directors just kept ordering them not to.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

The transporter works at the highest possible resolution with all sorts of redundancies, safeguards, and tight tolerances. Replicators are by comparison so broadly calibrated that they just throw a couple into every guest bedroom and conference area.

I guess the analogy would be that it's like letting air out of a balloon you can do all kinds of things on a professional printing press that you can't capture with a cheap office photocopier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plushpuffin
Jan 10, 2003

Fratercula arctica

Nap Ghost
I like to imagine that Picard's adventure on Risa recovering that device/weapon from the future was some kind of theme park style game, and he never caught on.

Picard exits cave.

"Ok everyone, take five. Someone replicate another :airquote: artifact :airquote: and bury it before the next guest arrives."