Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
So with Portland paying that kind of coin for Evan Turner does this mean that Crabbe is all but gone?

Go get him Sixers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Nick Rivers posted:

But actually now that he is a Trail Blazer, Turner is actually better than you think and will only get better and will probably be an all star if it wasn't for the east coast mainstream media bias and we can probably trade him next year for that really really good top-10 player. Portland Trail Blazers 2016-17 champs!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

they're watching twitter and :lol:ing at the contracts being handed out

alternatively, learning the warriors' future plans so he can give their secrets to the spurs tomorrow

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Hill made an extra $20m by getting insanely hot behind the arc in a playoff series.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

rivetz posted:

# of Bad moves Olshey has made as Portland GM: One imo, the Afflalo trade, and even that was defensible at the time. Unless you're blaming him for Aldridge exiting which is stupid.
# of Good moves Olshey has made as Portland GM: A poo poo-ton

I'm not gonna make fun of anybody right about now, not until the dust settles, because this poo poo is loooopy. But I'd rather shell out $17M/yr for Turner than $16M/yr. for Mozgov or $24M/yr. for Batum. Turner (27) fits the development arc of the team (Olshey has stuck on a 24-to-27 core), also I don't see this happening but his arrival could make Aminu available, or even Ed Davis. Those guys are both on around holy poo poo$7M/yr. for the next three seasons. Turner's arrival also somewhat softens the blow if Harkless leaves.

You lost me as soon as you said you said Batum's new contract was bad.

Hmm, what position is Hill playing in New Orleans? Hopefully not SF, unless they're moving Davis full time to Center?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Shear Modulus posted:

they're watching twitter and :lol:ing at the contracts being handed out

alternatively, learning the warriors' future plans so he can give their secrets to the spurs tomorrow

Maybe the Warriors are desperately on the phone trying to dump salary

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/DWXXIII/status/748973982167080960

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Glad I didn't renew my season tickets. drat.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Nick Rivers posted:

Ok thank you all for the Turner info and the cold hard slap to the face of reality.

But actually now that he is a Trail Blazer, Turner is actually better than you think and will only get better and will probably be an all star if it wasn't for the east coast mainstream media bias and we can probably trade him next year for that really really good top-10 player. Portland Trail Blazers 2016-17 champs!

He also sounds like Meatwad and gives really bizarre postgame interviews

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Every player that signed a long term deal before last season must be pissed.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

evan turner is going to use that capital to invest in snapchat

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Spacebump posted:

Every player that signed a long term deal before last season must be pissed.

I spent all last year telling Lakers fans that Lou Williams at 7 mil a year was gonna be a bargain this year. Its 2 mil less a year than Delly got

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

zelah posted:

Glad I didn't renew my season tickets. drat.

:same:

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
The Evan Turner contract can't be topped. It's the king of the garbage pile. It's breaking me irl.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Jack's Flow posted:

The Evan Turner contract can't be topped. It's the king of the garbage pile. It's breaking me irl.

Now compared it to guaranteed money for NFL contracts and see how many good NFL players are equal to Turner.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Spacebump posted:

Now compared it to guaranteed money for NFL contracts and see how many good NFL players are equal to Turner.

good unions are a hell of a thing, imagine if us regular joes had those.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Jack's Flow posted:

Just wait until Bazemore gets 22 a year

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

dokmo posted:

Wings who can't shoot are cleaning up.

Pretty sure he is now the best wing shooter on the Pels. His competition is Dante Cunningham, Alonzo Gee, Tyreke Evans, and the corpse of Bryce Dejean-Jones.

Nick Rivers
Nov 23, 2004

Tales of Woe posted:

He also sounds like Meatwad and gives really bizarre postgame interviews

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikUcRUbZbas (this is a really good video)

Can we get him in a conversation with Donald Sterling, and then find a Frylock analogue?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Nick Rivers posted:

Ok thank you all for the Turner info and the cold hard slap to the face of reality.

I love you.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

Bazemore is better than Evan Turner

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/748976925876432897

Now THAT's a handsome facetime chat

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kibner posted:

Pretty sure he is now the best wing shooter on the Pels. His competition is Dante Cunningham, Alonzo Gee, Tyreke Evans, and the corpse of Bryce Dejean-Jones.

Don't worry I've been offered 4 year 81 mil by the Pelicans

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

This explains everything, and I don't even know if I'm joking

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Tae posted:

Hmm, what position is Hill playing in New Orleans? Hopefully not SF, unless they're moving Davis full time to Center?

Probably splitting time at PF and SF since I really don't think Anderson is returning.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

The Glumslinger posted:

Bazemore is tons better than turner, easily 5 million a year better if that's what the scale is

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

good unions are a hell of a thing, imagine if us regular joes had those.
NBPA isn't great either. NFLPA is a total push over, though.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Metapod posted:

Don't worry I've been offered 4 year 81 mil by the Pelicans

Lol

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Mark Cuban would be a joke on the level of Dan Snyder or something if he hadn't lucked into Dirk

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Chandler couldn't stop the feeling either.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Dutchy posted:

Mark Cuban would be a joke on the level of Dan Snyder or something if he hadn't lucked into Dirk
nah he was incredibly innovative as an owner in good ways

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

The theme of this offseason.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Alright so I just got done spending the day driving to Chicago, went to check the news, and what the hell is going on with O.J. Mayo?

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Let's see what Blazersedge is saying:

quote:

Turner > Parsons by a mile
I love Turner’s game. He is a big, tough defender, rebounder and great passer.

Running him next to Lillard as a 2 makes a ton of sense. A huge SG that can play next to any shooting heavy PG.

quote:

I like this move
Turner can play D, shoot from the midrange, create is own shot, a little bit of everything. His 3 point shot will improve with time in our system. The contract allows us to retain our RFAs should we so choose, or sign another big name FA. Better than Chandler Parsons.

quote:

Does the next move involve CJ??
With Turner on board, if we bring back Crabbe, does that mean there is something in the works involving a CJ trade….maybe to Sac as part of a package that brings back the Boogie!!

:crossarms:

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
His 3 point shot will improve with time in our system

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Delly is a Buck now

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Cool Buff Man posted:

His 3 point shot will improve with time in our system

Yeah I loved that part. Suddenly the Blazers are the Spurs or something.

To be fair, the vast majority of the comments are the same thing you're seeing here.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

it is weird that blazers fans are uniquely deluded

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Oh I didn't even catch this part when I first read it:

quote:

The contract allows us to retain our RFAs should we so choose, or sign another big name FA.

Evan Turner was their first big name FA, I imagine KD will be next!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

straight up brolic posted:

it is weird that blazers fans are uniquely deluded

blazers fans have a warped perspective from their written-off team beating the clippers bench and winning one game against a curry-less golden state i guess

• Locked thread