Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
Bit the bullet and bought a ps4, finally. Gonna get the disc drive on my PS3 fixed sometime soon, too.

Already bought bloodborne, but what other games are there that are must-buy games that I can't already get on my PC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

KaosMachina posted:

Bit the bullet and bought a ps4, finally. Gonna get the disc drive on my PS3 fixed sometime soon, too.

Already bought bloodborne, but what other games are there that are must-buy games that I can't already get on my PC?

Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator is the only other game that fits that criteria, if you like fighting games.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

King of Solomon posted:

Speaking of mech games, I've been thinking about playing one on my Vita lately. Are any of the PSP Armored Core games good? I like that franchise a lot, but I'm not sure how well it would transfer to handheld.

They are punishingly hard from the very beginning in both control and level design.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

KaosMachina posted:

Must buy:
Xrd revelator
Uncharted 4
Edf 4.1

Maybe buy:
Ratchet and clank
Until dawn
Disgaea 5

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

King of Solomon posted:

Speaking of mech games, I've been thinking about playing one on my Vita lately. Are any of the PSP Armored Core games good? I like that franchise a lot, but I'm not sure how well it would transfer to handheld.

Real hurthling! posted:

They are punishingly hard from the very beginning in both control and level design.

The great thing about the game is that it will let you remap every key. EVERY. KEY. So you should be able to find something that works for you. I hate to dissuade anyone but won't be completely perfect BUT if portable AC gets your motor running then you'll most likely be willing to overlook the little caveats and be able to still have a good time :)

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

KaosMachina posted:

Pix the Cat

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Pix the Cat legit owns.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

King of Solomon posted:

The games themselves are very good, and on Vita, you can remap things so you can have aiming on the right stick, boosting on L and shooting on R, and have a more modern control setup. The small deadzone on the right stick though can make aiming a little finnicky though.

Start with AC3 though, since the games are designed on a difficulty curve that peaked at Last Raven, and Nexus was excluded from the PSP for some reason. Which also means that LR comes out of nowhere, plot wise.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Takoluka posted:

Pix the Cat legit owns.

One of my all time favorite PS+ games.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Thirding Pix the Cat. Went into it expecting nothing, got a lot of fun out of it.

Edit: It's FEVER TIME!

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
I've been on a Jurassic Park kick lately, is the Telltale game any good?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It's widely regarded as the worst Telltale game. I haven't personally played it, but it's this weird hybrid of the more modern games with the classic gameplay and apparently it just did not work at all.

I'd avoid it.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
There was a jurassic park telltale game?? And i thought that Walking Dead season 2 was their worst..

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Thanks guys! I admit I was pretty concerned about the control scheme, but it sounds like that won't be an issue.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

KaosMachina posted:

nothing, now that Playstation Home is gone.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The JP game isn't amazing but if you like the franchise it's still pretty fun. I mean it has a scene where you're running away from dinosaurs while on a roller coaster and a scene where a guy uses a knife to fight a raptor. It's really pretty ok.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

Takoluka posted:

Pix the Cat legit owns.

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

One of my all time favorite PS+ games.

Pix rules really drat hard.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Fifth vote for Pix here.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Doom is already 40% off‽

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Single player focused FPS games are fairly niche now.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

You say that after Doom, Wolfenstien and the Far Cry series have sold multi millions

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Far Cry, notoriously niche series.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Castor Poe posted:

I've been on a Jurassic Park kick lately, is the Telltale game any good?
It's an early attempt at a cinematic game on Telltale's part and it shows, but it's worth playing and has some cool set pieces.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The Telltale JP, despite its flaws, is still the second best JP game sadly enough.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

axleblaze posted:

The Telltale JP, despite its flaws, is still the second best JP game sadly enough.

What's the first?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Watrick posted:

What's the first?

Trespasser :getin:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Pardot posted:

Doom is already 40% off‽

Good, more people need to experience Doom.

Because it owns.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Watrick posted:

What's the first?

The Lego one, which, while fun enough, still isn't a game that should be the best in your franchise.

And before anyone says it, despite the ability to play a Raptor, the Genesis one is not nearly as good or even playable as you remember.

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!
Dino Crisis is the best Jurassic Park game.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

axleblaze posted:

The Lego one, which, while fun enough, still isn't a game that should be the best in your franchise.

And before anyone says it, despite the ability to play a Raptor, the Genesis one is not nearly as good or even playable as you remember.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jurassic_Park_2:_The_Chaos_Continues

This one was pretty good. :colbert:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Have you tried it recently? I remembered it being pretty good but last time I tried it, I found it was actually just a really bad game.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

axleblaze posted:

Have you tried it recently? I remembered it being pretty good but last time I tried it, I found it was actually just a really bad game.

No, but sadly that's true of a lot of SNES games, so I believe you. :smith:

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

axleblaze posted:

I can vouch for this. The Jurassic World Lego game has all four movies and is a lot of fun, especially for couch co-op if you're so inclined. Also a pretty easy platinum if you're interested, too. Really it has something for everyone. (Buy Lego Jurassic World.)

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

I've always wanted them to make a Jurassic Park game where nothing goes wrong. You work as an employee real time at some sort of min wage job at the park, and occasionally have to deal with a drunk customer. Maybe a grease fire in B.D. Wong's apartment too.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I could go for Firewatch but with dinos

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Watrick posted:

I've always wanted them to make a Jurassic Park game where nothing goes wrong. You work as an employee real time at some sort of min wage job at the park, and occasionally have to deal with a drunk customer. Maybe a grease fire in B.D. Wong's apartment too.

There was a Themepark Tycoon clone for Jurassic Park, which outside of random chances of a dinosaur getting out, is just that.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
The Jurassic Park for PS1 where you play as the dinosaurs was pretty fun when I was a kid. Playing as a velociraptor was awesome. :)

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

Rirse posted:

There was a Themepark Tycoon clone for Jurassic Park, which outside of random chances of a dinosaur getting out, is just that.

Holy poo poo. I was actually serious and will track this down.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Watrick posted:

Holy poo poo. I was actually serious and will track this down.

Yeah it on the PC, but not on GoG or Steam yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

thats not dino park tycoon

• Locked thread