Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Yeah, I was aware of that. Mostly hoping I still have newbie gains to ride out. I've also recently just cut my excessive alcohol intake way down, and also got a blackout curtain(I go to bed at dawn) for better sleep quality, so I'm hoping those will make a difference that will help me drive gains up a bit further.

e: mostly I just need a goal to keep me going. Not being able to deadlift or squat heavy for a while is kind of depressing, so I'm just happy to be seeing some progress on something I thought I'd always suck at.

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Jul 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Tiny Lowtax posted:

That's what I wa saying then someone made some serious post about how important legs are lmao

If your only fitness goal is to get girls, rather than become so hot that the only person you would ever conceivably want to gently caress is yourself, then you might be living your entire life on casualmode, my friend.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Engage the lats

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

My only fitness goals are being in good enough shape to do job adequately. I'm married so I don't get girls anymore I just get to be creepy old guy at the gym who looks at them.

Also statistics says 83% of people obsessed with squats are gay.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Tiny Lowtax posted:

My only fitness goals are being in good enough shape to do job adequately. I'm married so I don't get girls anymore I just get to be creepy old guy at the gym who looks at them.

Also statistics says 83% of people obsessed with squats are gay.
I AM OBSESSED WITH MY SQUATS

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I'm getting too old and creaky to squat heavy without exploding my knees in conjunction with running. The dread of going down in the squat rack without honestly knowing if you'll ever come back up alive.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

exquisite tea posted:

The dread of going down in the squat rack without honestly knowing if you'll ever come back up alive.

When you think about it that's much the same as going to sleep, going to take a dump, sitting down to eat a meal, driving in traffic...

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

exquisite tea posted:

I'm getting too old and creaky to squat heavy without exploding my knees in conjunction with running. The dread of going down in the squat rack without honestly knowing if you'll ever come back up alive.

Same. I just do lighter weight and higher reps now. When I was doing heavy weight a few months back I felt my knee pop and I'm like gently caress this what's the point

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Groke posted:

When you think about it that's much the same as going to sleep, going to take a dump, sitting down to eat a meal, driving in traffic...

On the contrary, those moments of the day where I am eating and/or taking a dump are when I feel most alive.

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

I luv the itty bitty Phillies!
When the smell of your own poo poo wafts from betwixt your SWOLE quads :allears:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
im doing squats today

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Squeeze the glutes

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

spread the floor, then spread your butt :goatsecx:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i have eaten 2 eggs, 3 sausage links, two spoonfulls of peanutbutter, one Monster Energy drink, and have pooped.

I am ready for squats.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Congratulations, you've just joined the 76% of Americans who forget to stretch before doing any physical activity.

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

That's what warm up sets are for

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
stretching is like cancer upon the soul

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Hey guys, I just started with a personal trainer and it hurts everywhere!

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Maoist Pussy posted:

Hey guys, I just started with a personal trainer and it hurts everywhere!

Use more lube

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

FogHelmut posted:

Congratulations, you've just joined the 76% of Americans who forget to stretch before doing any physical activity.

I keep my ligaments and tendons tight so I can use them to bounce and lift more weight

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
I enjoy squats and have found having strong legs immensely helpful when it comes to performing certain pro wrasslin moves effectively

This has no purpose in real life but it's loving fun to hoist a big dude into your back and launch them off.

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

FogHelmut posted:

Heh i didnt "forget" i just didn't want to

:smug:

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

the dj wearing excercise clothes, mustve laid down some heavy riffs

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Breakfast All Day posted:

the dj wearing excercise clothes, mustve laid down some heavy riffs

He's super into doing negativez

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Gaz2k21 posted:

I enjoy squats and have found having strong legs immensely helpful when it comes to performing certain pro wrasslin moves effectively

This has no purpose in real life but it's loving fun to hoist a big dude into your back and launch them off.

Squats trigger the panic/fear/"you're seriously about to loving die" circuits in my brain, I can't imagine enjoying them

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

im closing in on 3 plates for deadlifts but im afraid to go over 200 for squats because my pathetic baby knees hurt in weird ways when i squat more than nothing

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
it is because you are weak and void of steroids

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I tried a goblet squat with a 20 lb dumbell. Back felt great, but my left knee exploded with pain on rep 2. Probably my fault, I've been stretching lately but have been completely neglecting couch stretch or anything for my knee for the past 2 weeks. I wasn't expecting to try and squats anytime soon but still should have been stretching it anyway. The good thing is stretching immediately relieves the pain. will hold off on squats a while longer until I've loosened my knee back out a bit

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lemming posted:

Squats trigger the panic/fear/"you're seriously about to loving die" circuits in my brain, I can't imagine enjoying them

Embrace death, and men.

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

I tried a goblet squat with a 20 lb dumbell. Back felt great, but my left knee exploded with pain on rep 2. Probably my fault, I've been stretching lately but have been completely neglecting couch stretch or anything for my knee for the past 2 weeks. I wasn't expecting to try and squats anytime soon but still should have been stretching it anyway. The good thing is stretching immediately relieves the pain. will hold off on squats a while longer until I've loosened my knee back out a bit

20 pound goblet squats.. Christ man sounds like your joints are made of glass or something. That or you're using the worst form possible. Or cancer/AIDS. Probably that.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

I usually joke about taking steroids, but you seriously need steroids.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

FogHelmut posted:

I usually joke about taking steroids, but you seriously need steroids.

But probably in the form of a couple cortisone shots in your knee and back, and not anabolic steroids.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DoubleT2172 posted:

But probably in the form of a couple cortisone shots in your knee and back, and not anabolic steroids.

Or stem cells.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
Got mired by a zit-faced cashier girl, really racking up the quality mires.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Zahgaegun posted:

Get back in there and bag her groceries, if you know what I mean.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

soy posted:

Embrace death, and men.

I squat heavy twice a week, so I have

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

DoubleT2172 posted:

I mean like HGH and bathing in the blood of the innocent.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I am sore today so I ate a breakfast burrito with carne asada.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Hit 235 from the hang with snatch today. At the end of this video.

https://instagram.com/p/BHXm_DhDsx4/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Zahgaegun posted:

Look at this guy so busy he can't even type out the first two letters in the word admired.

• Locked thread