Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

shiksa posted:

Oh well that's retarded yeah

retarded like a fox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Look at the margin in MN in 2000 and 2004. That's why.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
gonna be some oceans 11 thign on election night where cnn shows that every district trump won spells out TRUMP across the country

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Can Giant Meteor turn out its younger supporters on election day, though

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

StandardVC10 posted:

Doubt it, Meteormates are too busy chugging beers and mansplaining to make it to a voting booth

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
jesus god im tired of all these woke af meteormates on my twitter feed

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

Giant Meteor 2016

Make Earth Molten Again

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

StandardVC10 posted:

Meteor had a good run and raised a lot of awareness for its centrepiece issue of global mass extinction but it's time to face facts, it's halfway to venus and rapidly loosing internal cohesion. While I know the campaign has sometimes been nasty it's time for us to do what's best for the party and rally around Runaway Climate Change.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

TheTatteredKing posted:

It's a failed industry state right? he's trying to work that angle

Nope. We did timber, iron, and milling, and while those three things are still a part of our economy, we've transitioned to medical devices and service pretty well. Also, we kept our unions, and the local Democrats are good at remembering outstate in the budget, so the Iron Range is blue as gently caress and hates Trump for the fatcat that he is.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Oh I thought the auto industry imploded there and was a disaster. Maybe I'm confusing states, or just didn't know there was more going on there.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Careful Don I did a backward pivot once, rolled my ankle, and had to sit out of the game for two weeks to heal up. Dangerous!

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

TheTatteredKing posted:

Oh I thought the auto industry imploded there and was a disaster. Maybe I'm confusing states, or just didn't know there was more going on there.

I don't think we've ever had an auto industry. You're almost certainly thinking of Michigan, although from what I heard even they're starting to bounce back from that.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

The Lord of Hats posted:

I don't think we've ever had an auto industry. You're almost certainly thinking of Michigan, although from what I heard even they're starting to bounce back from that.

There was the Ford plant, but that closed a while back.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
trump should pick fiorina, i want to watch her fail some more

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Joementum posted:

Look at the margin in MN in 2000 and 2004. That's why.

Yeah but not even Minnesotan Republicans like Trump very much.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

gret posted:

MN Republicans were all Reasonable for Rubio.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

gret posted:

Rubio won Minnesota. Rubio!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

TheTatteredKing posted:

Minnesota's major industry is hot dish and major export is folksy NPR radio hosts

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
I had to call a few people morons for thinking that voting for Rubio was any more reasonable than Trump, Minnesotans like Utahs demand a boring, bland white guy for President.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MaxxBot posted:

I had to call a few people morons for thinking that voting for Rubio was any more reasonable than Trump, Minnesotans like Utahs demand a boring, bland white guy for President.

They elected The Body as governor.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

MaxxBot posted:

I had to call a few people morons for thinking that voting for Rubio was any more reasonable than Trump, Minnesotan Republicans like Utahs demand a boring, bland white guy for President.

Don't make us sound like a red state, it's rude. :colbert:

exploding mummy posted:

This on the other hand is a shame that we are never going to live down, and deserve to be mocked for.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

shiksa posted:

Rubio won Minnesota. Rubio!

And that's not even all, Trump got third in mn, behind Rubio and Ted Cruz

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

exploding mummy posted:

Look. The other two candidates were the most milquetoast Democrat ever and Norm Coleman. 2000 was a weird year.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

The Lord of Hats posted:

Don't make us sound like a red state, it's rude. :colbert:

True but one guy I knew caucused for Sanders and then ran over to the Republican side to caucus for Rubio afterwards because he was so scared of Trump, when you have chaotic clusterfuck open caucuses people do some crazy poo poo.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Constant Hamprince posted:

Meteor had a good run and raised a lot of awareness for its centrepiece issue of global mass extinction but it's time to face facts, it's halfway to venus and rapidly loosing internal cohesion. While I know the campaign has sometimes been nasty it's time for us to do what's best for the party and rally around Runaway Climate Change.

NEVER. METEOR OR BUST. with the help of NASA, and the superdelegates, we can pull the meteor back in this direction, and ensure universal fatality coverage for all.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Xandu posted:

Key phrase here is " and the Republican National Committee."

remember everyone, manafort included RNC campaign staff in his estimates before without doing the same for hillary

anyone know the rough numbers on DNC vs RNC campaign staff?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

GobiasIndustries posted:

Ms. Splosion Man.

https://youtu.be/M1bGey2O77k

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

The Lord of Hats posted:

I am thinking of Michigan. I don't know how I read the abbreviation wrong like that

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Spatula City posted:

NEVER. METEOR OR BUST. with the help of NASA, and the superdelegates, we can pull the meteor back in this direction, and ensure universal fatality coverage for all.

Time to buckle up... for Zika virus!

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

The Lord of Hats posted:

This on the other hand is a shame that we are never going to live down, and deserve to be mocked for.

I'm proud that MN at least gives reasonable people a chance to serve their state. Jesse in 1998 compared to 2016 Trump is amazingly reasonable.

Defiance
Jan 1, 2008

by Deplorable exmarx
Michigan is so large and diverse that it's hard to characterize as a failed industrial state, even though everyone always does. We have our own in-state mini-rustbelt, essentially. We also have areas like Grand Rapids and Ann Arbor with low unemployment and modern micro economies. We also also have a ton of rural voters, including most of the upper peninsula, as well as a bunch of vibrant young college towns.

http://www.freep.com/story/money/business/michigan/2016/01/02/5-trends-watch-state-economy/78012668/

Defiance fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jul 1, 2016

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 14 minutes!
What an unfortunate domain

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Al! posted:

Yes, Michigan has had it rough, but Khaleesi is coming.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_P9PU5FcMQ

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Al! posted:

I was shocked when that link wasn't Free Republic.

Defiance
Jan 1, 2008

by Deplorable exmarx
Yeah, the Detroit Free Press could have really picked a better URL. Just one more kick in the balls for Detroit, I guess. They don't even feel it at this point.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
visit the official website for Detroit's General Youth Brothers and Sisters' Helpers: https://www.detroitgaybash.com

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted
Nothing will ever come of this, but the Trump campaign is obviously colluding with its SuperPACs and not even really trying to hide it.

quote:

As recently as last night (US time) Tim was getting emails from Trump begging for more money ahead of the critical June FEC deadline - which we discussed yesterday.

But here's where things got significantly weirder.

When I chatted with (Australian MP) Tim (Watts) last night (US Time) he said he'd gotten two more Trump emails in the last 7 hours. But when he showed me the emails, something pretty weird was immediately apparent.

They weren't actually just from Trump. One was from the Trump campaign. The other was from a pro-Trump Super Pac called Crippled America PAC.

Now, normally (i.e., completely separate from anything to do with Trump) it would be entirely unremarkable that someone was getting fundraising emails both from a campaign and also Super PACs supporting the campaign. They're likely both buying lists from the same vendor or even different vendors of likely Trump voters.

But remember, Tim is a foreign citizen and part of the government in another country. We've already speculated about the various ways all these foreign legislators could have ended up on Trump's list. The more we've looked into it, it seems increasingly implausible that he got this list from a list vendor. Not impossible just not likely at all. It now seems more probable that the Trump Organization simply had these emails in some business related database and decided to dump them into the email hopper for the fundraising blitz or just found some site that had a zip file of foreign government officials and used that. As I've said, all of these possibilities are outlandish and ridiculous. But we know for a fact that he has and continues to spam members of Parliament in the UK, Australia, Canada, Denmark, Finland and Iceland and possibly others. So one of these completely preposterous set of facts has to be true.

Dogstoyevsky fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jul 1, 2016

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Defiance posted:

Michigan is so large and diverse that it's hard to characterize as a failed industrial state, even though everyone always does. We have our own in-state mini-rustbelt, essentially. We also have areas like Grand Rapids and Ann Arbor with low unemployment and modern micro economies. We also also have a ton of rural voters, including most of the upper peninsula, as well as a bunch of vibrant young college towns.

http://www.freep.com/story/money/business/michigan/2016/01/02/5-trends-watch-state-economy/78012668/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb9yhhflmvY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Dogstoyevsky posted:

Nothing will ever come of this, but the Trump campaign is obviously colluding with its SuperPACs and not even really trying to hide it.

is it just me or is that a bad PAC name?

also trump will bring down superPACs from the inside :ninja:

• Locked thread