Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaebora
Jul 12, 2006

Be careful of forgetfulness. Your lucky color is...blue?

Mr. Nice! posted:

No sweat.

On the subject of ARF grinding, you're synced to 150, right? I know that syncing typically ignores materia bonuses on synced gear. However, there is a i150 crafted set. It shouldn't sync any materia from that. So ideally you could speed up your ARF runs by crafting an HQ 150 set and fully over melding it.

You're synced to 180, and I think crafted sky pirate gear is 185, so it'd be synced..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ARF runs are synced to 180 I thought.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
I personally hate how macros for combat actions are implemented. If you press a skill's button while GCD is happening (within reasonable timing), it will buffer your command and use it immediately after the cooldown is done, but for some reason macros don't do this. I'm not allowed to tie a party message macro to my Berserk or Provoke which means I can't tell anyone in chat that I've used them, and if I do try it there's a chance that the skill simply doesn't go off because lol cooldown. I once tried putting my whole WAR opener in a macro so that I could actually not hit the wrong button when doing it, but the "wait" commands don't let me tighten the timing to where it can get around the GCD.

I eventually found another solution by putting my opener on a separate skill bar and assigning its buttons to my numpad, but not being able to warn about Berserk in DPS-intensive runs or Provoke to a tunnel-visioned main tank is really frustrating.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Your raid group shouldn't need a 240 weapon at all. If you can't meet DPS checks at any particular turn with the 230s, you need to tighten up your dps. Also Niddhogg Ex is super duper easy and the 235 weapons are baller.

Edit: Having a 240 weapon is amazing, don't get me wrong, but there's nothing in the game that needs it if you :gitgud:
That's just the thing, I am lagging behind my raid group in terms of ilvl. It's not so much that I don't have the DPS (the only savage dummy I can't clear is A8S, and that's because it obnoxiously vanishes a split second before my next Fell Cleave lands and kills it), but more that the rest of my group is i230+ and I'm at i227. Though once I get both my i240 relic and my Yafaemi fending arms, I shouldn't need any more gear upgrades outside of Midas loot.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Your healers are making fun of you behind your back for using berserk macros.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

hobbesmaster posted:

Your healers are making fun of you behind your back for using berserk macros.

Or if they were me, in front of you.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Oh yeah it's library that syncs to 150. So disregard my last post.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Also berserk macros are silly and unnecessary. A good bard will be paying attention enough to cast wanderer's without it. No healer should ever waste a GCD on pacification cleanse, but it is totally cool to park Selene on sic near the tank and she'll snipe it off.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jul 1, 2016

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Mr. Nice! posted:

No sweat.

On the subject of ARF grinding, you're synced to 150, right? I know that syncing typically ignores materia bonuses on synced gear. However, there is a i150 crafted set. It shouldn't sync any materia from that. So ideally you could speed up your ARF runs by crafting an HQ 150 set and fully over melding it.

Jesus christ people.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Also berserk macros are silly and unnecessary. A good bard will be paying attention enough to cast wanderer's without it. No healer should ever waste a GCD on pacification cleanse, but it is totally cool to park Selene on sic near the tank and she'll snipe it off.

If it actually matters the content is hard enough that you will know exactly when the tank needs the cleanses. If it's not then who cares. (Selene: Selene cares)

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Berserk macros are dumb. No one should care about 5 seconds of WAR pacification, especially the healers.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!

Mr. Nice! posted:

I don't actually know the indicator for Berserk. Is there any kind of real visual indicator beyond "scroll on to them, see active buffs"? Also, it's Warden's Paean. Wanderer's Minuet is our DPS buff.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
What's the reason for the maintenance right now?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Unknown Quantity posted:

I don't actually know the indicator for Berserk. Is there any kind of real visual indicator beyond "scroll on to them, see active buffs"? Also, it's Warden's Paean. Wanderer's Minuet is our DPS buff.

Yeah that's the one. Also you should learn the berzerk icon. It's a 20 second buff and will pop up next to your warrior's name on the party list.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Verranicus posted:

What's the reason for the maintenance right now?

I'm guessing servers exploded.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Seems to be related to the explosions over the last few days, guess they're taking time off to nail it down.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Probably cleaning up after what was it, two nights ago?

Also: Page 1000.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Ah, I haven't played much the last few days. What happened?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Verranicus posted:

Ah, I haven't played much the last few days. What happened?

Game is dead. Literally.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

Just adding <t> makes it auto-place? Huh, thought it would be more complex than that. Thanks!

Yeah, and it will fire on any target, friendlies and yourself included. Which is handy for mobs that isn't on targetable terrain and will make <t> fail, like Ozma. Target your tank or yourself when using it and it'll be fine.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Captain Oblivious posted:

Jesus christ people.
Hey, the most efficient grinding is absolutely better than less efficient grinding. Nobody here should argue that :colbert:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I was briefly the only person in TPT. That was neat.

Also server is back

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
2 nights ago in the last boss of a vark, game disconnected. Someone else in the raid disconnected too. I came back, rolled for loot, and the game disconnected again. I've also been getting random disconnects a lot more recently so yeah there's been an issue. Glad they're finally addressing it.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yeah that's the one. Also you should learn the berzerk icon. It's a 20 second buff and will pop up next to your warrior's name on the party list.

That's gonna be a bit of a problem. I play on a small monitor, so Berserk looks almost identical to Inner Beast. At this point my best bet for it is slapping it on when I see the WAR gaining a stack of Wrath or Abandon every swing.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Whoa, a queue before the work day is even over in the earliest NA time zone.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Unknown Quantity posted:

That's gonna be a bit of a problem. I play on a small monitor, so Berserk looks almost identical to Inner Beast. At this point my best bet for it is slapping it on when I see the WAR gaining a stack of Wrath or Abandon every swing.

If your warrior is in defiance (red axe on the left of his buffs) then it really doesn't matter. The only time you have to look for it is if he's in deliverance (blue axe on the left). You can't inner beast in deliverance as it's a defiance only skill.

On a boss pull the warrior should be popping berserk right after the 7th GCD for triple fell cleave on open, so you can also just toss it on them after your opener.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

idk if its been posted but this is my favorite glamour ever

last shot had me cackling

also thanks for everyone who helped my drunk butt out with dungeons last night!! it was fun (this is sweet bee)

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I'm well aware of Umbrite hell.

Umbrite Hell isn't nearly as bad as the Unidentified Items hell. Yes it's quite the time sink but you can do your normal things since it's really easy to get tomes. Compared to the previous six days for two items (HW beast tribes) with ~four days for another (ARR Beast tribes) or ten runs of Alexander Gordias per an item (which is 200 per item) I much, much prefer slow and steady progress of tome collecting.

It's measured, steady progress.

Also I must confess a bias since I'm up to 20 something Umbrite while still having 18 items to go.

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jul 1, 2016

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Agreed that Umbrite is nothing compared to UNID slog. I'll get Eso just farting around doing other things that are actually fun instead of doing beast tribes non stop for months on end.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

EponymousMrYar posted:

Umbrite Hell isn't nearly as bad as the Unidentified Items hell. Yes it's quite the time sink but you can do your normal things since it's really easy to get tomes. Compared to the previous six days for two items (HW beast tribes) with ~four days for another (ARR Beast tribes) or ten runs of Alexander Gordias per an item (which is 200 per item) I much, much prefer slow and steady progress of tome collecting.

It's measured, steady progress.

Also I must confess a bias since I'm up to 20 something Umbrite while still having 18 items to go.

Yeah, the Umbrite grind isn't fractionally as bad as Unidentified objects. Unid'd objects just feels never loving ending.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
I think a lot of the issue was, outside of the sheer volume of unidentified items required, was there wasn't any feeling of progress until you got all of them. Umbrite at least has a midpoint cutscene and a method to speed up the process afterwards, albeit rng based.

Zweihander01
May 4, 2009

I'm really hoping that Palace of the Dead drops unid items somehow. Even if it's just another token to grind.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I paid the three bucks for the new summer shorts, mostly because I liked the sash on the front. Fair warning: the sash goes away if you wear any shirt that goes anywhere near the belt line. I was hoping it'd still hang out, even with short enough tops like the Riviera doublet or even the DoW puffy-style shirts.

Oh well.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Thought I'd try the free trial as the game is on sale, but the launcher isn't recognising my login. When I try to do the password reset from there, it says there's no account on my email, but I'm looking at it on their website right now. I can log in on their website through Steam, so I'm guessing it's something to do with that? I can change my password in there but it doesn't then let me log in with that stuff. I don't really want to make another account because this one already has games on it, is there a work around for this?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Yeah, I typically hate grinding (UnID took me months). With regular hunts and moderate rouletting, I finished the Umbrite section in 2 weeks. I found it pretty reasonable compared to many Relic/Anima steps.

A Spider Covets posted:

also thanks for everyone who helped my drunk butt out with dungeons last night!! it was fun (this is sweet bee)

This is Raia - was fun! Nidhogg is a great encounter.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Davoren posted:

Thought I'd try the free trial as the game is on sale, but the launcher isn't recognising my login. When I try to do the password reset from there, it says there's no account on my email, but I'm looking at it on their website right now. I can log in on their website through Steam, so I'm guessing it's something to do with that? I can change my password in there but it doesn't then let me log in with that stuff. I don't really want to make another account because this one already has games on it, is there a work around for this?

Everyone says don't do Steam & this at the same time cause it's a pain in the rear end. You need a SE/Mog Station account either way for the game so idk what you got

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Okay, there must be something I'm loving up here, it won't let me log in with a non steam-made account, what does it want for square enix id? There aren't enough characters to type in my email address, and it's still saying there's no account under this email when I try to recover it.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Davoren posted:

Okay, there must be something I'm loving up here, it won't let me log in with a non steam-made account, what does it want for square enix id? There aren't enough characters to type in my email address, and it's still saying there's no account under this email when I try to recover it.

The ID/username you provided when you made the account.

For some reason, email is case-sensitive on S-E Accounts so check that too.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Okay, figured it out, the account I registered and was using at eu.square-enix.com wasn't valid for this, and did not exist at account.square-enix.com, which just let me create an account under the same email address as the eu one. Strange.

Davoren fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jul 2, 2016

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I wonder if claratin comes in goobue sized doses?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
We did it, we survived the grind to 4 digits of pages! Know what that means? Only 9 more times so we can work our way up top the 5 digit endgame!

• Locked thread