Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

AggressivelyStupid posted:

What the gently caress is quiz bowl

Knowledge Master for high school kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Wade, Giannis, Maker, Parker, Henson slam ball lineup has me hard

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

STUFF THAT loving BALL IN THE HOOP

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

AggressivelyStupid posted:

What the gently caress is quiz bowl

What you do when you want to pad your extracurriculars and yearbook committee isn't quite nerdy enough

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol. This screams leverage but whatever. Do it Dolan.

https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/status/749019934739443712

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Call his bluff Miami.

Do it.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

straight up brolic posted:

Wade, Giannis, Maker, Parker, Henson slam ball lineup has me hard

2016 Wade is the Knickiest Knick who ever Knicked

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Windhorst says Wade is talking to the Knicks and Bucks :laffo:

Bucks ain't fuckin around

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

if the knicks sign wade, they can cross Internet Poster R.D. Mangles off their bandwagon list.

e: the thought of noah scream-dapping wade after stuffing Jose Calderon so hard that he travels through the core of the earth and ends up playing in the CBA where he belongs makes me physically ill.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

I'm pretty sure all these Wade tweets are basically a copy paste from a year ago

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/748965952893571072

Portland wants PAU GASOL baby, confusing!

Lockback posted:

This is pretty distilled SA Goon

I went from 4.0 to 2.7 by not doing any work in the last 2 years of school, because I had #ClinicalDepression and I only liked #boxing and #Drinking. I was learning from Keon Clark. Should have converted to Islam

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
This is like a yearly exercise with Wade now

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
For real though has anyone told the Bucks that that line out past the key is worth an extra point? Did John Hammond time travel from 1972?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

Pau gonna get upset when he goes to a Portland opera and it turns out it's some ladies with weirdly-groomed art eyebrows throwing simulated feces at a man on a unicycle who somehow represents the IMF.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

a delly/wade backcourt would be the most hateable backcourt possible.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
John Hammond wandering the Bucks office asking people why Lew Alcindor hasn't reported for camp.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Halfling Wizard Bear posted:

Darrell Arthur is staying with the Nuggets for 3 yr/23mil. I can dig it.

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/749009126345302016

Arthur is a really good backup who keeps improving his game. That's a good contract

MourningView posted:

John Hammond wandering the Bucks office asking people why Lew Alcindor hasn't reported for camp.

He just signed a one year contract extension, his successor, Justin Zanik, is waiting for him to step down. I'm not sure why they didn't fire him outright, I guess so he can absorb the blame of all the Jason Kidd generated terrible moves.

http://www.brewhoop.com/2016/6/30/12073962/milwaukee-bucks-general-manager-john-hammond-contract-extension

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jul 2, 2016

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I mean, trading Ellis for a wing makes sense, but what kind of player is Gay these days? Please forgive me for not watching much of the Kings.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

straight up brolic posted:

Mike Conley about to make the GDP of Kiribati

Also, Wade playing out his career as a washed up Knick? That would be cruel. And beautiful, so very beautiful.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jul 2, 2016

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Eltoasto posted:

I mean, trading Ellis for a wing makes sense, but what kind of player is Gay these days? Please forgive me for not watching much of the Kings.

the only appropriate rudy gay take, imo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK7lIjFsGvg

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The joke that the Pacers only sign the most inefficient players is unfortunately getting truer and truer

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Eltoasto posted:

Rudy Gay was really bad last year but he had a kid on opening night & the kid had health issues. By the time that got sorted out the team was a garbage fire so he mentally checked out.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Tae posted:

The joke that the Pacers only sign the most inefficient players is unfortunately getting truer and truer

To be fair, this would be trading one inefficient player for another!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Rose wade melo Zingis Noah

So much for developing Zing hahah.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

euphronius posted:

Rose wade melo Zingis Noah

So much for developing Zing hahah.
Jesus.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Eltoasto posted:

I was also referring to the al jefferson signing earlier. Josh Smith is probably available as well!

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Get all the money wade, listen to your fam, Lebron, gently caress riley.

He didn't want to give u 3/45. He doesn't give a poo poo about you, and drove down your value by creating this atmosphere where you were some kinda heat lifer. Like you were old and noone else wanted you.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Spoeank posted:

Rudy Gay was really bad last year but he had a kid on opening night & the kid had health issues. By the time that got sorted out the team was a garbage fire so he mentally checked out.

Yea but an errant shot really shouldn't affect Rudy Gay at this point.

The Kenosha Kid
Sep 15, 2007

You never did.
Is there any chance Wade signs a two year deal or 1+1? I'd love to see him back to Milwaukee, but there's no way 38 year old Dwyane Wade will be worth that much money.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Do you guys think that Dellavedova is a good Eric Beverly/George Hill esque pg compliment to point Giannis? I'm a bit afraid of his shooting percentage plummeting and him not being able to play Delly style fouls and cheap shot defense for starter minutes.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

Metapod I was the captain of the quiz bowl team and was also the first person to ever be academically ineligible for the quiz bowl team. the soccer team coach was much more upset at me for being ineligible than the quiz bowl team coach. gently caress school

:hellyeah:

Dejan Bimble posted:

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/748965952893571072

I went from 4.0 to 2.7 by not doing any work in the last 2 years of school, because I had #ClinicalDepression and I only liked #boxing and #Drinking. I was learning from Keon Clark. Should have converted to Islam

Oh :smith:

E: to add a story, I was the captain my junior year then mid season got it taken away from me because I was being aggressive after my coach told me to be aggressive :downs: program was cancelled senior year

Metapod fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jul 2, 2016

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Eltoasto posted:

I want to like Ellis so much and blame Vogel for making me dislike watching him.

Putting the ball in his hands at the end of the game 20 times and failing each one was not nice to watch

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Gay is good offensively if coached right. ISO Gay is terrible. He doesn't have a great first step so he doesn't get great separation which leads to those bad shots. Also doesn't have much range, he's not that good of a 3pt shooter, he didn't like Karl using him as a stretch 4.

Get him the ball off a curl or with a live dribble and let him feast on short to mid range shots. Even the occasional post up. Anything else is going to lead to bad ISO Gay

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/scottagness/status/749024332320571392

Lol with what money? Wtf

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Hope the Knicks got money stashed for a DeLorean

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I'd rather sign and trade Mahinmi to get Gay. I want Ellis to run the 2nd unit.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/Mr1738/status/749024977056305152

I'm here for seeing Jimmy and Rondo getting into fights.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I'm loving Memphiss onslaught against the closing window. It's inspiring.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Don't ask just nod your head in excitement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
gently caress Dwight Howard just as a reminder

• Locked thread