Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Teenage Fansub posted:

This is the best character sheet I've ever seen.

Does Red Hulk ever hulk out or does Thunderbolt stay in control?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Is there a way I can get the stupid top bar from coming up whenever I start a new issue in Marvel Unlimited?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

Is there a way I can get the stupid top bar from coming up whenever I start a new issue in Marvel Unlimited?

Nope.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Sam recently watched The Rocketeer. I'm a fan of this look.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

Does Red Hulk ever hulk out or does Thunderbolt stay in control?

Thunderbolt and Jennifer are basically slightly exaggerated/less inhibited versions of themselves. Bruce and Betty are the ones that dissociate themselves from the Hulk side.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
What happened to Jennifer to make her permanently green and large but not angry (this time, I'm sure it has gone back and forth). I'm familiar with her mostly from recent stuff and then I read an X-Factor crossover from like 8 years ago where she has a normal person mode and hulks out.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

Thunderbolt and Jennifer are basically slightly exaggerated/less inhibited versions of themselves. Bruce and Betty are the ones that dissociate themselves from the Hulk side.

Betty is one too? Lol so many hulks

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm down for USAvengers just because it has Cannonball and Sunspot together. Their bromance is my favorite in comics.

Nobby
Sep 10, 2006

Everyone cries when they're stabbed. There's no shame in that.

Mr Hootington posted:

Betty is one too? Lol so many hulks

Like much of what Loeb did in that Hulk run, it was stupid when he wrote it but later writers did some great stuff with her as Red She-Hulk. Her thing was that she only turned back into Betty Ross when she was afraid--Fraction wrote a great scene with her and Strange using that in Defenders. They needed her to shrink down, so Strange whispered something in her ear. She did the job, then came back and told him never to speak to her again.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Doc Green took out and depowered most of the Hulks during the last run before Secret Wars including A-Bomb (Rick Jones), Skaar, Red She-Hulk (Betty), and Red Hulk (Thunderbolt).

Also I'm pretty sure Jennifer isn't Perma-She-Hulk, she just prefers that form. She has gone full SHE-HULK SMASH before as well.

X-O fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jul 2, 2016

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I think at some point there was some BS that gamma rays work differently on women and that's why she's a sexy well adjusted woman and Banner's a rage monster, but it's probably more accurate to say that Banner has a lot more demons locked in his subconscious than Jennifer does.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

X-O posted:

Also I'm pretty sure Jennifer isn't Perma-She-Hulk, she just prefers that form. She has gone full SHE-HULK SMASH before as well.

Since she's currently in a coma and is still seven feet tall and green, I assume that's her permanent state at this point. But yeah, she does also have a full hulk smash mode too.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

X-O posted:

Doc Green took out and depowered most of the Hulks during the last run before Secret Wars including A-Bomb (Rick Jones), Skaar, Red She-Hulk (Betty), and Red Hulk (Thunderbolt).

Yeah I've seen she-hulk go SMASH. I just didn't realize everyone connected to the hulk is now a hulk. Dr Samson is the worst for "fixing" this.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Read again, almost everyone's depowered now.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

JoshTheStampede posted:

Since she's currently in a coma and is still seven feet tall and green, I assume that's her permanent state at this point. But yeah, she does also have a full hulk smash mode too.

She recently powered down in something not long ago. I can't remember what right now.

Nobby
Sep 10, 2006

Everyone cries when they're stabbed. There's no shame in that.
Did Red Hulk get explicitly powered again or are we just assuming Secret Wars undid that?

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Nobby posted:

Did Red Hulk get explicitly powered again or are we just assuming Secret Wars undid that?

He hasn't been, I think, but that book doesn't come out until like October so he has some time to get juiced again.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Nobby posted:

I haven't seen anything, but Ewing is nothing if not a deep continuity nerd so he'll know that's where we last left him and will provide an explanation at some point.

Ah, here's where She-Hulk depowered recently

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

I think at some point there was some BS that gamma rays work differently on women and that's why she's a sexy well adjusted woman and Banner's a rage monster, but it's probably more accurate to say that Banner has a lot more demons locked in his subconscious than Jennifer does.
I'll grant that I probably missed something in her rather long history, but at least in her origin, she was never exposed to gamma rays. She got her powers by getting a blood transfusion from Bruce.

Also, I'm pretty sure she powered down in the Howard the Duck/Squirrel Girl crossover, also. Mostly her story has been that she prefers being She-Hulk so she stays powered up most of the time.

EDIT: That's what I was thinking of. \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

She also powered down Patsy Walker

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

X-O posted:

I haven't seen anything, but Ewing is nothing if not a deep continuity nerd so he'll know that's where we last left him and will provide an explanation at some point.

Ah, here's where She-Hulk depowered recently

Who is the artist on this? Style looks familar

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Dacap posted:

Who is the artist on this? Style looks familar

Leonardo Romero in the Year of Marvels May Infinite Comic. I've never heard of him, but the whole comic looks really nice.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Teenage Fansub posted:

This is the best character sheet I've ever seen.

That is a lollipop away from being Joey Ryan, which I approve of heartily.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

JoshTheStampede posted:

He hasn't been, I think, but that book doesn't come out until like October so he has some time to get juiced again.

It's not like you even need a explanation, it's repeatedly been a plot point that whatever causes Hulk-ness can only be suppressed for so long before it overpowers whatever was stopping it.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

After reading all of Scarlet Spider/New Warriors, I'm real disappointed Chris Yost went from a cancelled book with an incomplete story to a cancelled book with incomplete character arcs. They're both great books and I enjoyed myself greatly, and I'm glad New Warriors came around to fix the more egregious problems with how cancelled as hell Scarlet Spider ended up being, but I ended up falling in love with basically all the characters Yost ended up writing in that 12 issue run. Although he ended up closing out the story satisfactorily basically none of the character beats get finished outside of pretty much solely Kaine's, and that's real fuckin' disappointing.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I generally like Yost and it saddens me I haven't seen him attached to anything since his Secret Wars MODOK book.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

So I'm on Jae Lee's arc on Ultimate Fantastic Four. He's reeeeeal fond of silhouettes.

Edit: Oh balls. I've just entered Greg Land territory. How long was his run?

Detective No. 27 fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jul 2, 2016

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Detective No. 27 posted:

So I'm on Jae Lee's arc on Ultimate Fantastic Four. He's reeeeeal fond of silhouettes.

That's just how he draws. Dude must've gotten a killer deal on black markers.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

Check out the Inhuman run jae draws. You can not see a thing on the page.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Detective No. 27 posted:

Maybe 10 issues or so? I really liked the story, in fact it's one of the better thing I think Millar wrote, with Namor and then the President Thor stuff. After that though you get the Mike Carey stuff, which is some of my favorite Ultimate stuff period.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

X-O posted:

Maybe 10 issues or so? I really liked the story, in fact it's one of the better thing I think Millar wrote, with Namor and then the President Thor stuff. After that though you get the Mike Carey stuff, which is some of my favorite Ultimate stuff period.

Is that where we get Marvel Zombies? That is a really good arc.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mr Hootington posted:

Is that where we get Marvel Zombies? That is a really good arc.

I think the Marvel Zombies stuff is the beginning and end of the Millar/Land run and Namor/President Thor is the middle of it. It's like four really short arcs about it might be 12 issues since I think they're all three issue arcs.

Carey wrote the God War/Silver Surfer/Thanos arcs, among others.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

X-O posted:

I think the Marvel Zombies stuff is the beginning and end of the Millar/Land run and Namor/President Thor is the middle of it. It's like four really short arcs about it might be 12 issues since I think they're all three issue arcs.

Carey wrote the God War/Silver Surfer/Thanos arcs, among others.

You are right. I dropped the book after Thor.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Infinity Carlet.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I know it was near the start of the zombie craze we're still in, but goddamn did Marvel run it into the ground.
That said, the two issues were short and sweet.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

I know it was near the start of the zombie craze we're still in, but goddamn did Marvel run it into the ground.
That said, the two issues were short and sweet.

Did you read all of them? They go from high to low to high once more. It is a great ride.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I checked out after the Army of Darkness crossover. That's about the same time I got really sick of zombies. But, since I'm subscribed, I'll be sure to revisit Marvel Zombies and see how it concluded.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

I checked out after the Army of Darkness crossover. That's about the same time I got really sick of zombies. But, since I'm subscribed, I'll be sure to revisit Marvel Zombies and see how it concluded.

It gets good again finally ending in the best crossover Marvel Apes vs Marvel Zombies.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SynthOrange posted:

Infinity Carlet.

10/10 would drive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone