Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Placebo
Sep 21, 2009

DancingShade posted:

From what I've been reading the gear gap in PVP is now as astronomical as we expected.

If a person doesn't have enough upgrade whatsits saved up to get to +17 or +18 they get instantly exploded by people who did with their openers, so if you're just starting out then you're basically hosed and should just give up on the gear grind unless you want to hardcore grind for a few months.

Well it was fun while it lasted folks. Oh who am I even talking to? Most goons already quit long before this.

So what's the next MMO we jump on for a month or two before quitting en masse?

I mean theres a good 15+ of us in Trucidation, and another 10 or so spread out through other guilds.

We just don't post in this thread really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

black desert: online (the desert)

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

glug posted:

How high did you get your cooking, because starting at Skilled 10, there's quests to give you some more hard/sharp shards.

Artisan 3 currently, will look those quests up, thanks for the heads-up.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I think I personally hit burnout a bit.

Great game, might come back to it in a month or so.

(even AFK horse training was making me feel yuck)

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
So I hear a new bug in Valencia is when going +16 and above you can no longer change the quality of your gear. Daum keeping up with the stupid annoying bugs!

and there's this guy out there in the wild too

Asciana
Jun 16, 2008
More DP than a gangbang.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Unenchanted ogre ring, might as well uninstall the game.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

J posted:

I'm the unenchanted ogre ring

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
The gently caress are Villas? They're all over the place in Valencia and I can't do anything in them.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
I'm almost in the top 10 for farming :toot:

Are those rankings by server & channel or what?

J
Jun 10, 2001

They are server only, and channel specific, and also based on who is logged in at the time as well. The rankings don't show offline players. Farming rank is often misleading since a lot of people do all their farming on an alt and log off it.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

J posted:

Why wait for the ring? Any excuse is a good one.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

flyboi posted:

So I hear a new bug in Valencia is when going +16 and above you can no longer change the quality of your gear. Daum keeping up with the stupid annoying bugs!

and there's this guy out there in the wild too

Wait is everything now under the accessory enchanting system?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The Quake posted:

Wait is everything now under the accessory enchanting system?

Armor and weapons post 15, they degrade from 17+ I think

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

sushibandit posted:

Artisan 3 currently, will look those quests up, thanks for the heads-up.

Start looking here:

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

I dont see anyone in CTS. I wanted to talk to people. Where is everyone?

Chemical_Ali
Sep 30, 2005

War Criminal

Zarcnest posted:

I dont see anyone in CTS. I wanted to talk to people. Where is everyone?

There's no goon guild, game is dead, move along.

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013
There are still around 18 or so people playing as far as I know, but the goon guild is dead. People are mostly in Trucidation now (with a few in Luciform / the latin guilds).

A lot of us talk to each other in this discord channel, left over from the Cynical collapse.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
This game's pretty cool for 30 bucks. Just leveling up with a maehwa and it's pretty fun. I like that a ton of stuff carries over between your characters family.

I got some questions: which storage do workers put resources into? The ones nearest their "home city"?

And do storage rooms in an exploration node make the home city storage larger? Or what are they used for, because there's no storage npc to access it.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jul 5, 2016

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

darkhand posted:

This game's pretty cool for 30 bucks. Just leveling up with a maehwa and it's pretty fun. I like that a ton of stuff carries over between your characters family.

I got some questions: which storage do workers put resources into? The ones nearest their "home city"?

And do storage rooms in an exploration node make the home city storage larger? Or what are they used for, because there's no storage npc to access it.

Yes they bring it to the city they are from. And the exploration storages add to storage in their home city.

Bushwhacked
Oct 4, 2008

Ah-cha-ch-ch-cha-cha...
I'm still playing and having fun. Been in Flex for the past few weeks. Lots of interesting battles against the giant Orwen alliance in Node/Siege wars.

Random question, has anyone had issues getting the Lv. 40 life skill advancement quests from the black spirit? I'm at the required skill of prof 9 in alchemy/cooking/gathering and he stopped giving me the quests after the Lv. 37 advancement one. Want dem sharp/hard shard rewards.

Edit: Just kidding, looks like the req is prof 10 according to someone who has completed them. Even though all of the sites with the quest requirements say prof 9.

Bushwhacked fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jul 6, 2016

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

Bushwhacked posted:

I'm still playing and having fun. Been in Flex for the past few weeks. Lots of interesting battles against the giant Orwen alliance in Node/Siege wars.

Random question, has anyone had issues getting the Lv. 40 life skill advancement quests from the black spirit? I'm at the required skill of prof 9 in alchemy/cooking/gathering and he stopped giving me the quests after the Lv. 37 advancement one. Want dem sharp/hard shard rewards.

Edit: Just kidding, looks like the req is prof 10 according to someone who has completed them. Even though all of the sites with the quest requirements say prof 9.

Explains the levels, and the quests. Also, if you're looking at a Prof 10 quest (level 40), you must complete all of the previous guided quests, and you must also be level 40+ to take the quest. No taking a level 15 alt with Master 1 processing to do all of the black shard quests.

Bushwhacked
Oct 4, 2008

Ah-cha-ch-ch-cha-cha...
Yeah, that stuff I knew already. It's just that the most I have in any skill is prof9 and both BD Foundry and BD Database say the req is prof9, not prof10. I'll check once I hit prof10 in anything and see if the black spirit has the next quest. Thanks though. Got all excited when I hit prof9 skills to get those sharp shards for another chance to fail TRI on my weapon. :downs:

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008

Bushwhacked posted:

you in flex? you need to join discord so we can talk poo poo about our sperg guilds together

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!
Bought the game a while back but just now being able to play it. Started yesterday and loving the graphics and environment, just a little overwhelmed by the UI and speed of the early game. Any tips for a Warrior starting out (skill wise, etc)?

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

I started a couple days ago too. What's your name on there, we can hit each other up in a couple hours? I think most of us on orwen server.

I've just been going through the black spirit stuff to get bag space. Though it's way faster to grind levels and get gear/money.

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!

darkhand posted:

I started a couple days ago too. What's your name on there, we can hit each other up in a couple hours? I think most of us on orwen server.

I've just been going through the black spirit stuff to get bag space. Though it's way faster to grind levels and get gear/money.

Family name Malton, character name Creggor. Pretty sure I'm on orwen I'd have to look. I might be on a bit tonight but not for long.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007
https://discord.gg/2uQJ5Ha

Most of us hang out in that discord, join it and we will be happy to help.

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

I decided to play again after getting my new GPU. I miss you all :smithcloud:

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
What did lewtt rename goontang to?

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

flyboi posted:

What did lewtt rename goontang to?

It's still named GoonTang.

CrusherEAGLE
Oct 28, 2007

Frosty Divine
Join Trucidation. Most of us are there.

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

CrusherEAGLE posted:

Join Trucidation. Most of us are there.

Nah, ill stay until guild disbands. I am not doing much. just running around selling my poo poo and making dosh

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Is there any activities pretty much never worth doing? Wagon trading seems kinda dumb. Atleast actual buying/selling trade goods, not the trade drops.
Fishing seems only useful afk even the boat stuff doesn't seem to be a great money maker but I haven't tried it.

Is there any unique-ish nodes I should definitely get? Something like Goat mountain seems pretty unique so far.

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013
I don't think normal trading is ever worth it, but after you get a lot of contribution points you can make these trade crates, use NPCs to ship them far away to another connected city, and then turn them in there for a lot of silver. Fishing is good money afk, but at higher levels you get better income via other methods.

This is a map you can use to find out what the different nodes provide. It's good to put workers on the nodes that provide traces (like trace of savagery at lynch farm ruins), black crystals (abandoned iron mine, with more in valencia), and elixir mats like the fortune teller mushroom nodes in velia. Those are pretty easy to get started early, and it'll leave you with a good supply of materials you'll want at higher levels.

Glug is the super life skill champion, and can give more helpful info than me though.

Also, I'd suggest never selling the relics you get from fishing, or any shards you get from gathering. Relics provide memory fragments when you turn them into a scroll (I think you have to be level 50 to use the scroll?), which are extremely valuable and required for repairing boss items. Shards are required to upgrade gear to +16 and higher. You can just chuck them into a bank until you're ready for them.

J
Jun 10, 2001

darkhand posted:

Is there any activities pretty much never worth doing? Wagon trading seems kinda dumb. Atleast actual buying/selling trade goods, not the trade drops.
Fishing seems only useful afk even the boat stuff doesn't seem to be a great money maker but I haven't tried it.

Is there any unique-ish nodes I should definitely get? Something like Goat mountain seems pretty unique so far.

Check out this guy's money mastery series of videos, he talks about what nodes are best for money, along with general moneymaking guides. The tl;dw summary though is grinding is the best active income, and then you supplement that with your workers and other passive income sources when you're semi-AFK, like processing/alchemy/fishing.

Trading by buying/selling trade goods from the npc vendors is really bad silver, but you can train horses while doing it semi-afk, so there's that. Once you have enough contribution to connect a pretty wide distance of nodes, you can craft the more valuable trade crates (calphe/mediah timber crates, as an example), and then use the NPC transport service (click the transport button at your warehouse), pay the small fee for them to ship the crates to wherever, then you trade them in without having to haul them yourself. That's a nice little supplemental income you can do. Apparently when the valencia 2 update drops there will be some kind of "hazard bonus" for trading stuff out in the desert, but I don't know how substantial that is.

You'll want a few grain nodes (potatoes, wheat), just so you can cook beer for your workers. Then as far as other nodes go, one of the best ones is the excavation at lynch farm, you'll need to talk to the node manager and spend 35 energy to unlock this. It gives trace of savagery, which is needed to make metal solvent (which make pure metal crystals via alchemy), or tyrant's blood. There's a similar node at the ancient stone chamber, another excavation node that drops a different trace item.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Are the only two coal nodes in the game really Omar Lava Cave and Glutoni Cave? They're both a pain in the rear end to link.

Edit
Thanks, dunno how I missed that one.

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jul 10, 2016

J
Jun 10, 2001

sushibandit posted:

Are the only two coal nodes in the game really Omar Lava Cave and Glutoni Cave? They're both a pain in the rear end to link.

There's three total, the third one is keplan quarry just north of keplan. Only 2 cp to link it from keplan.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Well look what I get for anticipating a game and then completely forgetting about it for a year or so. Completely missed the NA ground floor like a total genius. WELP! :toot:

I'm tired of melee characters so those are out, wizard looks goofy as hell and I don't want a conditional cooldown to be in the fight, so no to Tamer. Not sure if I'm going to roll a Sorceress, or Archer. Sorceress looks crazy entertaining but squishy as gently caress, while Archer seems to have a buttload of survivability while relegated to endless twang-thunk gameplay. Maybe I'll make both and alternate as I get bored or something. Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
wizards are awesome you freakin plebe