Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

RandallODim posted:

Bain's probably in his fifties or so, but he's definitely a big dweeb, and it's basically canon that he's just googling "how do I cook meth" during Rats Day 1.
In my mind he'll always be looking it up on Yahoo Answers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

John Murdoch posted:

Not necessarily, but it makes things more difficult. Basic Sneaky Bastard/Low Blow require you to be at 5 detection risk or below to get the full bonus and Optical Illusions really opens up what you can bring while maintaining such an outrageously low profile. If you Ace Sneaky Bastard/Low Blow you only need to be at 25 DR or lower to get the full bonus.

With a little tweaking you can get a better build from what you posted: http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mABDFr:eghIJLr:tnOR:gGJKLr:ibcdea:pO8::w10-33-44-48-1-24-11-51-46-58-56:s32-36-15-43-7-10:a2

Transporter isn't as necessary as it once was and more importantly as a dodge build you never want to be in charge of moving heavy bags if you can help it since it'll cut off your 10% dodge from sprinting. Aced Shock and Awe is a great skill, but you've got a lot of additional options for dealing with shields, including just running circles around them with your superior mobility, and you could use the points elsewhere. Basic Heavy Impact is a total waste of 2 points. The basic utility skills are nice, but hardly necessary. Especially extra zip ties now that you can get them back via ammo drops.

Mind you, these are all cuts made to support Aced Sneaky Bastard and grabbing some extra stuff in Oppressor. It's really hard to squeeze auto-rifles and the like down into a 5 DR build, but very doable at 25. I'd recommend something like a Clarion/Heavy Pistol combo as a good starting point.

Super appreciate it. I'll make those tweaks and save it as a pistol build for one playstyle, and then I think I'll rebuild the thing a little and lean on heavier armor and auto-rifles and shotguns, and then I'll have two different options to toy with.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Meldonox posted:

In my mind he'll always be looking it up on Yahoo Answers.

Well what do you think the top google result is

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Discendo Vox posted:

Any ideas what mods folks on the server were running? As best as I can tell the game is now actually really stable when unmodded.

As far as I could tell, newbies go back to overkill. I didn't see any other hud readouts.

If the game is made unstable by using goonmod or pocohud then I don't want to play PD2. :colbert:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I can't wait for the PAYDAY telltale game where wolf dies

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

BillmasterCozb posted:

Chains sobbing and shouting "get the gently caress up" while holding his limp corpse

Daryl Surat
Apr 6, 2002

I don't care what you say about this post, but if anyone steps on my bunion, I'll kill them!

Discendo Vox posted:

Any ideas what mods folks on the server were running? As best as I can tell the game is now actually really stable when unmodded.

For what it's worth, when I joined a pub server with my sentry build I immediately got told "because we're all running HoxHUD, please don't pick up sentries once you've deployed them as your doing so will crash the game for us."

What remains most likely to crash the game to desktop, modded or otherwise, hasn't changed for me in forever. That's receiving whatever the "Retry" message is the game sends when you either fail a day and choose Retry Stage or someone does the HoxHUD in-game Restart with the 5 second countdown. Then it's a coin toss whether it works or whether everyone except the host crashes to desktop.

To clarify, I myself run PocoHUD and a few BLT mods like GoonMod, Lobby Player Info, Side Jobs in Lobby, SPL Sets, BuilDB etc. I do not use HoxHUD.

Daryl Surat fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jul 2, 2016

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

Dr Cheeto posted:

Chains sobbing and shouting "get the gently caress up" while holding his limp corpse

Broke Dick Piece of poo poo Wolf...

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The lesson is, don't use HoxHUD. When it breaks, it breaks hard and often. If POCO runs into an unsupported feature at worse it just doesn't show you the information relevant to it. POCO's developer is falling behind features due to real life, but in the maybe 2 times it has truly broken he comes back quickly to hotfix it. The nice folks at BLT handles the updates I believe when they come out, so that's one less thing to worry about. If you need to disable something you can disable it in-game instead of manually going through the files.

Run MSpaint if that's your thing, just don't run HoxHUD.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

oohhboy posted:

Run MSpaint if that's your thing, just don't run HoxHUD.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Talkc posted:

Broke Dick Piece of poo poo Wolf...

D-don't <sob> don't act dumb...

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

oohhboy posted:

Run MSpaint

:yeah:

Sporkie
Jun 1, 2009
So I have a dodgy/shotgunny build just like I did before I quit playing shortly after Sokol. And recently came back like many others with the power of Ron Perlman. My question is the critical skill Low Blow still worth it for the occasional absolute blatcannon of death, or is it better to ignore it and grab something else for a little more utility/survivability?

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Okay, yeah, HE shotgun rounds are a beast with the Judge. If I didn't have the "instant knockdown with melee" skill, I'd be rocking it with every primary weapon I use for Shield elimination.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Sporkie posted:

So I have a dodgy/shotgunny build just like I did before I quit playing shortly after Sokol. And recently came back like many others with the power of Ron Perlman. My question is the critical skill Low Blow still worth it for the occasional absolute blatcannon of death, or is it better to ignore it and grab something else for a little more utility/survivability?

YMMV but I typically find up close shotgun builds don't really need low blow, since if one pellet hits the head it counts as a head shot (or I think anyway - that's how it used to be unless they switched over to per-pellet damage). It can't hurt but it has less utility than low blow with an LMG or an AR where spray-and-pray is the order of the day.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Sporkie posted:

It isn't required but the investment is relatively low and it comes in handy sometimes. It'll right gently caress dozers, and HE crits are hilarious.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Three different times now the same bug or something has happened in my games. We'll all get downed and locked up but as long as we have one hostage (I think we did anyway) we can keep coming back 1 at a time seemingly an infinite number of times, it'll just tell one of us at random [HIT SPACE TO BE RELEASED] and if he goes down then another and another until eventually we manage to get out of whatever horrendous deathpit we kept coming back out into, then get everyone back the right way. The first time it happened I was with two pals and just assumed the random was running a trainer, but then it happened again later that same day with just all friends and I know they don't have anything janky going on, then it did it once more today just out of the blue.

I mean I'm not complaining though, the second time was on an hour+ counterfeit that we almost threw in the dumpster being stupid. :shepicide:

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Jul 2, 2016

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I got a serious question. Why the gently caress is Arnold Schwarzenegger doing ads for loving mobile games and not a Payday 2 character already? Man, if you want money and want to have fun with it, I'll pay to shoot cops as you. I also want a space heist and to ride a pony as I kill cops.

Sporkie
Jun 1, 2009
Thanks guys for the thoughts on Low Blow. I think I'll keep it because I agree: Blatcannon of horrible death IS hilarious.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.

Yardbomb posted:

Three different times now the same bug or something has happened in my games. We'll all get downed and locked up but as long as we have one hostage (I think we did anyway) we can keep coming back 1 at a time seemingly an infinite number of times, it'll just tell one of us at random [HIT SPACE TO BE RELEASED] and if he goes down then another and another until eventually we manage to get out of whatever horrendous deathpit we kept coming back out into, then get everyone back the right way. The first time it happened I was with two pals and just assumed the random was running a trainer, but then it happened again later that same day with just all friends and I know they don't have anything janky going on, then it did it once more today just out of the blue.

I mean I'm not complaining though, the second time was on an hour+ counterfeit that we almost threw in the dumpster being stupid. :shepicide:

That'll be Aced Stockholm Syndrome, when hostages will trade themselves for you.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Daryl Surat posted:

What remains most likely to crash the game to desktop, modded or otherwise, hasn't changed for me in forever. That's receiving whatever the "Retry" message is the game sends when you either fail a day and choose Retry Stage or someone does the HoxHUD in-game Restart with the 5 second countdown. Then it's a coin toss whether it works or whether everyone except the host crashes to desktop.

The in-game restart is a basic feature of the game now. But yes it does seem like the overwhelming majority of crash issues are related to the game imploding when you try to load or re-load a map. I similarly get random instant CTDs on initial lobby load-ins and there's the lovely 95% crash that keeps resurfacing lately.

Also while I haven't actually used HoxHud since it broke with update 100, I doubt it's changed much in that literally 99% of problems with it magically go away if you turn off the ultra-invasive anti-cheat part of it. I ran it all the time back in the day with zero issues thanks to that.

Edit: In the case of the sentry gun thing I'd put good money on it pitching a fit because it thinks you're generating new sentry guns out of thin air rather than recouping existing ones, and pre-100 it never had to consider a deployable being "refilled". There was a similar situation back when First Aid Kits came out and it treated them like Doctor Bags, so you could only place 2 FAKs before it began nullifying any more you tried to put down, and something went screwy yet again when Jack of All Trades was first introduced.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Jul 2, 2016

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Sporkie posted:

Blyatcannon
Fixed that for you.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Wastrel_ posted:

That'll be Aced Stockholm Syndrome, when hostages will trade themselves for you.

Yeah but is it meant to do it over and over with a single guy around? I wanna say a lone green FBI in the counterfeit basement brought us back a good 5-6 times because the first couple times, the revived just got massacred by multiple tasers and snipers trying to kill at least a couple for the next guy, until we'd managed to cheese it and someone got to safety on their revive.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Right now Stockholm Syndrome is all sorts of broken. It's intended only to work once in a single heist since it will trade you during assault waves. Right now, it's given to everybody regardless of whether or not anyone has the skill and works as many times as you want during a heist.

I literally had a lovely pub team yesterday finish a map because we had civilians tied down and all of us could press space bar to trade ourselves out before the game kicked us back to the lobby screen for wiping.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
So a quick update on the KSP Fartgun: it rocks. Idk if it is just my mind, buy with ace Body Expertise I just melt cops on Overkill. It is a super fun gun, I just wish it had a tax bit more accuracy.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.

Yardbomb posted:

Yeah but is it meant to do it over and over with a single guy around? I wanna say a lone green FBI in the counterfeit basement brought us back a good 5-6 times because the first couple times, the revived just got massacred by multiple tasers and snipers trying to kill at least a couple for the next guy, until we'd managed to cheese it and someone got to safety on their revive.

I haven't noticed that because the teams I play with usually lose a maximum of one person to custody, once per heist :smuggo:

That is an amazing bug, though, it basically makes the game impossible to lose. It seems every time Overkill fixes something, they break something else.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Daryl Surat posted:

To clarify, I myself run PocoHUD and a few BLT mods like GoonMod, Lobby Player Info, Side Jobs in Lobby, SPL Sets, BuilDB etc. I do not use HoxHUD.

Oh the infamous "restart crash" I found out the hard way numerous times, that if you smash "Retry" because you hosed up a heist, you just have to stop. Anything, moving, shooting, climbing, jumping, falling down and worst of all - recieving damage - will crash your game once that countdown finishes. And it's not HoxHUD, as I think the option is now in the game itself, cause I haven't used HoxHUD in forever and I still have it.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Mesadoram posted:

So a quick update on the KSP Fartgun: it rocks. Idk if it is just my mind, buy with ace Body Expertise I just melt cops on Overkill. It is a super fun gun, I just wish it had a tax bit more accuracy.

Body Expertise is amazing aced. There's tables in the Long Guide, but with the KSP a tan goes from 5 body shots to 3, and a Taser goes from needing 9 to 5. It isn't your imagination.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

BillmasterCozb posted:

To be honest I could see some sort of drama about some original characters that are small-time criminals trying to make thier way to ranks of the PAYDAY™ crew.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Four Idiots gently caress Up a Jewelry Store Job: a Telltale Game

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
"Nah I didn't get the shutter codes, assets are for pussies"

*Dallas will remember this*

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Tempest_56 posted:

Body Expertise is amazing aced. There's tables in the Long Guide, but with the KSP a tan goes from 5 body shots to 3, and a Taser goes from needing 9 to 5. It isn't your imagination.

:allears:

This game is so much fun. I love poo poo like this.

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.
It's insane how good the KSP is with the silencer skills and Body Expertise aced, it's entirely too good and might get nerfed but until then I'll keep using it forever and ever.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

So the current patch appears to have broken spread multipliers for gun accuracy. The holy text simply states they are FUBAR (with an example of a 32 accuracy shotgun actually attaining 0 spread or 100 accuracy) so hopefully someone else will have actual math for us.

e:

Shotgun accuracy is broken. ADS with any shotgun gives you 0 spread.

Bipod aiming is broken as well. There appears to be no accuracy bonus anymore.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jul 2, 2016

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Thompsons posted:

It's insane how good the KSP is with the silencer skills and Body Expertise aced, it's entirely too good and might get nerfed but until then I'll keep using it forever and ever.

I am not sure they will nerf it. I rarely see people use it, which is a shame because it is so drat fun.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
So do you just pick up cable ties as ammo now?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Anonymous Robot posted:

So do you just pick up cable ties as ammo now?

Yep! It's some percentage chance every pickup.

Daryl Surat
Apr 6, 2002

I don't care what you say about this post, but if anyone steps on my bunion, I'll kill them!
Some notes from the latest Overkill stream:

--Fix for Frenzy Ace and Optical Illusions (and Stockholm Syndrome?) should be out this week [note: Jules spent most of the stream running Frenzy Ace ICTV with Sociopath on DW]
--Infamy 3.0 and the loud difficulty adjustment to make the progression more distributed across levels will be out by the end of this year
--they plan to add a way to let you change skill sets in lobby (as this is the one place you do this I'll assume they meant "loadout")
--the new Infamy system may let you level grind infinitely though there will only be so many rewards
--from the sounds of it, there's going to be a difficulty level above Death Wish (working name is "S&M Wish" if I deciphered the accent)
--Jules doesn't like that nobody is worried about Bulldozers anymore and just thinks "oh I'll just stun them with my HE round/China Puff" so they'll become immune to stun and also sprint at you like PD1
--Winters is going to get some small tweaks, presumably so you can't just quickly HE Judge/China Puff/Piglet him away
--sentries already got nerfed and with the new difficulty changes will make you re-adjust how they're used
--they know the bikes control badly but no ETA on when that'll be improved on
--Jules uses HoxHUD at home :(

Daryl Surat fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jul 3, 2016

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Wait what's supposed to be wrong with Optical Illusions? :ohdear:

Edit: Oh, it's applying to all weapons regardless of silencers. Phew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

John Murdoch posted:

Wait what's supposed to be wrong with Optical Illusions? :ohdear:

Edit: Oh, it's applying to all weapons regardless of silencers. Phew.

Don't worry, we can still wear vests and tote katanas with our silenced guns and stay detection 3.