Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Story Mode was campy fun as others have said; kinda wish some characters had more play like Necalli being a metaphor for Ryu's struggle and being solved together rather than, say, being the one to kill Bison forever. Also, every time Juri showed it it was one spectacular entrance after another. :allears: Can't wait for her to come out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

My personal pet peeve with the sf5 client is how the game won't read your inputs if the window isn't focused which defeats the purpose of windowed mode. It's always been like that since the beta :|

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Dodgeball posted:

The best part of story mode was when Juri, Cammy and Decapre escape from Brazil on a motortricycle, only to reappear in England and Juri proclaimed "I think we lost them."

Yeah Juri, I should hope so...

The extra wheel makes it go really fast, okay?

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

They are all like 5-10 seconds long on ps4 its the shear number of them though

Oh wow, that's bad. I'm on PC and it was just fade to black and fade back in.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
I have an SSD and I have never once had a loading screen in the story mode for SF5, fwiw.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Booyah- posted:

So assuming sfv survives, next characters we'd get would be Abel and...?

I want Fei Long

Abel, Sagat, Akuma, Sakura, Remy, & Ed or Decapre

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oro is a very real possibility too

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

No way Akuma is going to be out of this game forever, I imagine the only reason he's not in now is because they cant figure out how to nerf his air fireball.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Dracula Factory posted:

No way Akuma is going to be out of this game forever, I imagine the only reason he's not in now is because they cant figure out how to nerf his air fireball.

just get rid of it like they did everything else that was fun and make it a v trig.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Make them throwable. Like if you press throw while he is tossing them from anywhere on screen you throw akuma.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Next char will be ED, calling it

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

The REAL Goobusters posted:

https://twitter.com/galtu444444/status/748901189400403970

On my phone so I can't check but is this real or fake

the vid misses her having her target combo into airthrow too

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Well, I enjoyed the story mode. Looked and ran great on PC. Much more effort than I had expected; new stages, new characters, new music, etc.

Juri felt awesome to play, can't wait for her to release.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

The REAL Goobusters posted:

https://twitter.com/galtu444444/status/748901189400403970

On my phone so I can't check but is this real or fake

Real and fantastic

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
how long does it take to finish story mode?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

zooted heh posted:

shy of 3 hours without skipping

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

zooted heh posted:

2 1/2 to 3 hours, if you do all the fights. Longer if you have trouble with some of the later fights or want to experiment with Juri and Urien.

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

bhsman posted:

or want to experiment with Juri and Urien.

That's not the whole reason for playing story?

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

Double post

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Doggir posted:

That's not the whole reason for playing story?

Well... :ninja:

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

Gonna need to wait a week for the userbase to sink back down again to find out

By that time the userbase will deflate away into the toilet.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
so excited to see battle outfits not included in the season pass, also stages, its also nice outfits cant be bought with fight money.

gently caress you capcom.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

The next character with be Officer Peter followed by Large Bison Troop #2.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Microwaves Mom posted:

so excited to see battle outfits not included in the season pass, also stages, its also nice outfits cant be bought with fight money.

gently caress you capcom.

It's extremely epic that colors 3-10 are only obtained through probably the shittiest game mode I've ever seen, even for costumes you spend real money on.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

cloofish posted:

It's extremely epic that colors 3-10 are only obtained through probably the shittiest game mode I've ever seen, even for costumes you spend real money on.

if you can't spam srk 50 thousand times against a button sniffing ai you don't deserve a green gi.

-capcom

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ed is seriously the best thing SFV has brought us. Balrog's adopted son buddy is great

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Super High-School Level Eating Machine
I'm sorry, but Dhalism casually throwing people out of helicopters is the best thing SFV has brought us. That, and every scene involving Zangief made the story mode bearable for me.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Alright I done figured out the Balrog BnB's so you didn't have to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i59ILePZH-0

Now with that said, I think rog is gonna wind up being fairly heavy on the setups. I already got a couple that give you super meaty moves if you tech and the like, so who knows what the future will hold.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The story was stupid formulaic garbage and it was great. I like how they make Fang the cliche evil guy and then force you to beat the poo poo out of him constantly.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

how have I not noticed how ridiculous Rashid's beard is

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I should have brought some old school 3-D glasses for the story mode credits.

Goetta posted:

The story was stupid formulaic garbage and it was great. I like how they make Fang the cliche evil guy and then force you to beat the poo poo out of him constantly.

I could have stood to barcelona dive Cammy a few more times.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I wish you had separate ranks for each character. Because it is really hard to learn how to play Ibuki, a character I have literally no real experience with yet, when the server is matching me up with the same people I fight with my Vega I've put 100+ hours into.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Spiritus Nox posted:

I wish you had separate ranks for each character. Because it is really hard to learn how to play Ibuki, a character I have literally no real experience with yet, when the server is matching me up with the same people I fight with my Vega I've put 100+ hours into.

Get on Discord and bop some newbies. They don't mind if you're nice.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Agoat posted:

Get on Discord and bop some newbies. They don't mind if you're nice.

I'll mind if they're nice. :colbert:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

why would someone with 100hrs in sfv want to play someone with zero?

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

combo practice

also people want new blood to play against so vets are always happy to teach noobs to try and get em hooked

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Real hurthling! posted:

why would someone with 100hrs in sfv want to play someone with zero?
because if you keep playing this game after 100hrs with it you're probably retarded

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan
Story done. It really was about what I expected. Not a lot going on, and the pacing is extremely abrupt all along the way. You're just sorta dumped into scenarios all day. MK9/10 definitely had a better flow about it, and the kung fu scenes in those games were really nice to watch. Wasn't much of that going on here. There was some impressive looking parts visually, especially with all the particle effects during the more flashy scenes. [Ending spoilers] With Gill showing up at the end, I got pretty excited. They've just about stepped up to the door of SF3 in terms of the story, and I'd be down for more Story DLC that either re-tells what happens or even a re-imagining. It could also cover what's up with Necalli more completely, Ryu's fun times with Oro and so forth. A neat thing I suppose, if it comes about.

I guess people that really wanted offline content finally have something, and at 40 bucks the game does seem kinda reasonable if that's really all someone wants to get out of it. Really bummed about not having Survival colors purchasable. The new stages look nice, but I haven't given the newly tweaked online a try (servers died like a minute after I finished). Curious what the next project is gonna be besides getting Juri/Urien out proper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WijLYikerV8

So Ibuki can do some fancy poo poo with kunais and bombs.