Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

ArfJason posted:

Robotic squeaky voice while zim laughs in the background:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

drat...

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
damit

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I played the demo for this today nd it's one. epic. fail.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I played the demo for this today nd it's one. epic. fail.

The gameplay was worse than I thought it would be.

Pretty funny that they chose the levels where you only have a lovely pistol and a lovely shotgun to showcase the game.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Falsum posted:

The gameplay was worse than I thought it would be.

Pretty funny that they chose the levels where you only have a lovely pistol and a lovely shotgun to showcase the game.
most loving weak-rear end shotgun ive used in any game in years... christ.

also infinite grenades with cooldown timers in a doom game lol

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

^idiots
go back to playing overwatch you loving casuals

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
DOOIV! would have been better off with health regen than with the glory kill mechanic

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Meck Pomses
Jan 7, 2011

I QUESTIONED BUYING AN AVATAR WHEN I GET A FREE "STUPID NEWBIE" ONE WHEN REGISTERING SO SOMEONE GAVE ME FANART OF BIG BOSS DRESSED AS BAYONETTA DRAWN BY N ARTIST WHO TRIED TO MAKE A COLLABORATIVE BBW FIGHTING GAME FOR MY AVATAR OUT OF SPITE

Falsum posted:

DOOIV! would have been better off with health regen than with the glory kill mechanic

Hiding behind cover is better than furiously ripping demons and zombies?

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Meck Pomses posted:

Hiding behind cover is better than furiously ripping demons and zombies?

Hiding behind cover (except it's not really waist-high cover but parts of the skatepark that aren't as open as the others) and glory killing an isolated monster is essentially how it work on higher difficulties (because if you do it in the open you get blasted for more damage than you healed), and at least health regen has the upside of not tying another important resource (ammo) to it.

On top of that, given that the ranged attacks are not hitscan but projectiles and that the monsters are supposed to be agile and actively hunt you through the skatepark, not only would you be able to regenerate health in the open as long as you dodge properly, but hiding to regenerate would have downsides it doesn't have in games like CoD.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
A serious argument for health regen in 2016

What's next, Trump elected president???

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

A serious argument for health regen in 2016

I don't think health regeneration is inherently bad but no this is an argument for how bad glory kills are.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Falsum posted:

I don't think health regeneration is inherently bad but no this is an argument for how bad glory kills are.

lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

health regeneration and glory kills are both bad. DooIV! is bad

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Falsum posted:

lol

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Thread bumped from page 2, for this malarkey...

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Falsum posted:

it sucks how the game automatically makes you perform glory kills, it would be nice if you could just not press the button and never use them.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

it sucks how the game automatically makes you perform glory kills, it would be nice if you could just not press the button and never use them.

Y that poo poo fuckin S sucks capital S

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

There's also health kits by the way, so don't get hit and take the health kits if you do get hit, like the other (much worse and extremely out-dated, might I add) Doom games.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The assessment would be fairer if you remembered to include that glory killing things isn't the only way to get health.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

There's also health kits by the way, so don't get hit and take the health kits if you do get hit, like the other (much worse and extremely out-dated, might I add) Doom games.

wait until the who can kick whos rear end imp zone tier list is published before you say vile trolls like this

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Also as someone who played on the higher difficulties the only way I would ever be able to say I "hid behind cover" to get a glory kill requires "hide" and "cover" to be so closely defined the same as "dodge enemy attacks" that it wouldn't even make sense to make the distinction. Maybe you need to not let your prejudices get the better of your judgment on this highly awesome and satisfying game.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

wait until the who can kick whos rear end imp zone tier list is published before you say vile trolls like this

I can kick most people's asses in this forum, due to my relative size and intense conditioning in South St Pete.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

I can kick most people's asses in this forum, due to my relative size and intense conditioning in South St Pete.

you wear glasses and that puts you in the wimpy nerd category, people knock your books on the ground and throw your backpack to each other playing keep away

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

you wear glasses and that puts you in the wimpy nerd category, people knock your books on the ground and throw your backpack to each other playing keep away

I'm basically the guy in SLC Punk who was in Freaks and Geeks and the Sarah Marschall movie actually.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Cept I'm 500+ pounds.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

List of games Borsche has been completely wrong about:

-Fallout 4

-Doom 4

(just keeping a tab.)

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

I'm basically the guy in SLC Punk who was in Freaks and Geeks and the Sarah Marschall movie actually.

big tall and soft. if someonehalf your size mean to you you cry

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
*draws a circle of salt and ash on the floor and performs an Irony Protection Ritual*

Is this game good or not , because it's on sale right now. I don't care about the MP at all but is the campaign worth $35? Is it short enough that I should just try to get it from Redbox or something or is it something fun I'm gonna wanna replay?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I hate it but whatever. Probably worth a redbox rental since most ppl seem to like it

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

goferchan posted:

*draws a circle of salt and ash on the floor and performs an Irony Protection Ritual*

Is this game good or not , because it's on sale right now. I don't care about the MP at all but is the campaign worth $35? Is it short enough that I should just try to get it from Redbox or something or is it something fun I'm gonna wanna replay?

It's deece. If you think of it like a spiritual successor to Quake 2 or something more than Doom your probably not going to be as disappointed as some of these folks.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's probably as good as any big company has made one of these dumb throwback games, but it's still got the problems like moments of pure exposition or not thoroughly designed concepts that amount to just cheap nods to the past, though it's surprisingly light on the shallow nostalgia stuff.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's inexcusable in this day in age not to have leaderboards and other stuff for time trials though, IMO... Playing single player is a lot cooler if you can show people your epicness.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

goferchan posted:

It's real fuckin good. Finish the campaign and start again on ultra violence or with the interface turned off good.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sebmojo posted:

It's real fuckin good. Finish the campaign and start again on ultra violence or with the interface turned off good.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

thats a cool av

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Jerkops posted:

thats a cool av

thanks friend

• Locked thread