Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

http://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/685216/FTSE-100-leaps-to-HIGHEST-level-since-2015-just-a-week-after-Brexit
brexit a success, britain great again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
that onion article almost had me fooled.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Watch thousands of sore losers anti-Brexit protesters complain outside Parliament.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/02/theresa-may-prime-minister-conservative-leadership-brexit-vote/

Junior Jr. fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Jul 2, 2016

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Cripes! It is time for a party!

Oh, wait.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
One activist just now encouraged harrassing MPs to stop Brexit.

Yes UK liberals, continuously irritate the gently caress out of your politicians about a debate you've already lost.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Junior Jr. posted:

Yes UK liberals, continuously irritate the gently caress out of your politicians

Why stop the habit of a lifetime

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Junior Jr. posted:

One activist just now encouraged harrassing MPs to stop Brexit.

Yes UK liberals, continuously irritate the gently caress out of your politicians about a debate you've already lost.

Brexit narrowly won a simple majority on a non binding vote. You don't have a mandate, stop pretending you do.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.

The FSE jumped 100 points!*

*After the Bank of England promised to pump money into it if poo poo gets hosed.

Velkest
Mar 1, 2014

hemophilia posted:

Brexit narrowly won a simple majority on a non binding vote. You don't have a mandate, stop pretending you do.

you'd say the opposite if remain had won

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Ape Fist posted:

*After the Bank of England promised to pump money into it if poo poo gets hosed.

I also like how part of the Brexit means the UK will have to repay all the current outstanding ECB loans and financial packages.

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
A good 5th of this thread is SA's legion of American feminists applying 'hue hue they sooo racist'.

Its a lazy view that just furthers my opinion that most Americans are just waaaay more obsessed with race than most other people I've met.

We can denigrate the brexit people all we like because we're a pack of powerless well meaning left leaning idiots, but it will only make our goals more difficult to achieve.

making GBS threads on the brexiters is pointless, in fact they are better than you for many reasons, one of which being that they have accomplished SOMETHING

They did what a bunch of leg beards an snowflakes have never done an that is deal a severe blow to global capitalism and the pockets of the banks and ruling elite.

I for one welcome this 'gently caress this whole thing' movement it is a hell of a lot more productive than the path offered by the 'anyone but Trump' horde; which boils down to 'a sensual rape by neoliberals while being made to watch a documentary comparing the struggles of the trans community to the transatlantic slave trade.'

Click like or share if a white Stanford student getting off of rape charges is more important than ditching first past the post.

Sethex fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Jul 2, 2016

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Sethex posted:

a severe blow to global capitalism

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sethex posted:

A good 5th of this thread is SA's legion of American feminists applying 'hue hue they sooo racist'.

Its a lazy view that just furthers my opinion that most Americans are just waaaay more obsessed with race than most other people I've met.

We can denigrate the brexit people all we like because we're a pack of powerless well meaning left leaning idiots, but it will only make our goals more difficult to achieve.

making GBS threads on the brexiters is pointless, in fact they are better than you for many reasons, one of which being that they have accomplished SOMETHING

They did what a bunch of leg beards an snowflakes have never done an that is deal a severe blow to global capitalism and the pockets of the banks and ruling elite.

I for one welcome this 'gently caress this whole thing' movement it is a hell of a lot more productive than the path offered by the 'anyone but Trump' horde; which boils down to 'a sensual rape by neoliberals while being made to watch a documentary comparing the struggles of the trans community to the transatlantic slave trade.'

Click like or share if a white Stanford student getting off of rape charges is more important than ditching first past the post.

is this a markov bot

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Velkest posted:

Enacting change usually requires a real mandate whereas the status quo requires nothing. You want the brexit to happen so youre setting aside how loving insane it is to let half the country decide for the other half how it gets to proceed in the global economy. Had this been binding you can bet your rear end a supermajority wouldve been needed and for real the margin of your victory makes it utterly meaningless. Had 66% wanted to leave, that would be a real mandate and represent the will of the people. Instead you have a vicously marrow margin that merely points out how dovided your country is. Your elected betters can and should weasel out of this because doung something tjis monumentally stupid without a supermajority just means you're going to polarize and fracture your kingdom. Hope this helps retard

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So a chick is going after Corbyn's seat? And 2 chicks are fighting for the Tory Iron Thrones. I hope Hilary pick Warran as her running mate because I want to see this all-female reboot.

Merkel :getin:

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

hemophilia posted:

but muh feelies

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

whatever7 posted:

So a chick is going after Corbyn's seat? And 2 chicks are fighting for the Tory Iron Thrones. I hope Hilary pick Warran as her running mate because I want to see this all-female reboot.

Merkel :getin:

there were 2 women in the labour election corbyn won by 60+% (one a blank neolib slate, the other an insane conservative hawk)

the odds of corbyn getting voted out by the people are slim-to-lol

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Ape Fist posted:

i love brexit holy poo poo

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008

p sure that poster meant all the super rich people couldn't divest quick enough to shield their assets and lost billions, not that the market would recover. but that doesn't mean your point isn't valid imo

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Ape Fist posted:

why wasn't this a basic promise before brexit

I mean it would make sense if it jumped to pre-brexit, but this suggests less-than stellar faith in the banks before they had to outright say this

stefania_r
Sep 2, 2011

Velkest posted:

if remain had won brexiters would scream 24/7 about eu fixing the result

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
Hell there was already a conspiracy before the referendum that the voting pencils were a 'remain' fixing scheme.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
the voting booths should be in the middle of a minefield and you can only write with blood

this is the only way to ensure the evil nanny state doesn't corrupt our citizenry

Beer Hall Putz
Sep 10, 2005

Unpleasent snacking
I worked in a polling station on the day and there were multiple people questioning the whole pencil thing. What planet do these people live on where the most likely form of election fraud is running though millions of ballot papers with a loving rubber.

Velkest
Mar 1, 2014

hemophilia posted:

Enacting change usually requires a real mandate whereas the status quo requires nothing. You want the brexit to happen so youre setting aside how loving insane it is to let half the country decide for the other half how it gets to proceed in the global economy. Had this been binding you can bet your rear end a supermajority wouldve been needed and for real the margin of your victory makes it utterly meaningless. Had 66% wanted to leave, that would be a real mandate and represent the will of the people. Instead you have a vicously marrow margin that merely points out how dovided your country is. Your elected betters can and should weasel out of this because doung something tjis monumentally stupid without a supermajority just means you're going to polarize and fracture your kingdom. Hope this helps retard

you are mad you lost. ha.

edit: "elected betters" you mean the dead pig fucker?

Velkest fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jul 2, 2016

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Velkest posted:

you are mad you lost. ha.

edit: "elected betters" you mean the dead pig fucker?

You can't even admit that a simple majority shouldn't be able to drag a nearly full half of the country that was in opposition to this into this situation that will affect everyone, and the children of everyone. You can't accept that because you only barely got an outcome you wanted. Do you know what a Pyrrhic victory is? If you get your way, that's what this is. If the UK left with a supermajority, united in their will to leave the EU, that would be different. Instead you're probably going to lose scotland, and North Ireland is going to move that way too. The emprie is dead and England isn't that useful scotland to the world without scotland's oil fields. A brexit would rear end-gently caress your finance sector, which employs basically everyone and pays off the pensions of the dying old people that voted for this.

so lol just lol I can't believe you're clinging to the idea that a 2% lead in a non binding vote is an ACTUAL mandate. If your government weasels out of this, and it should, and probably will, i just want you to understand why- And that's because 2% of the country doesn't get to dictate a decision of this magnitude.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

hemophilia posted:

You can't even admit that a simple majority shouldn't be able to drag a nearly full half of the country that was in opposition to this into this situation that will affect everyone, and the children of everyone. You can't accept that because you only barely got an outcome you wanted. Do you know what a Pyrrhic victory is? If you get your way, that's what this is. If the UK left with a supermajority, united in their will to leave the EU, that would be different. Instead you're probably going to lose scotland, and North Ireland is going to move that way too. The emprie is dead and England isn't that useful scotland to the world without scotland's oil fields. A brexit would rear end-gently caress your finance sector, which employs basically everyone and pays off the pensions of the dying old people that voted for this.

so lol just lol I can't believe you're clinging to the idea that a 2% lead in a non binding vote is an ACTUAL mandate. If your government weasels out of this, and it should, and probably will, i just want you to understand why- And that's because 2% of the country doesn't get to dictate a decision of this magnitude.

Do you have a lisp and say "inconceivable" a lot?

Velkest
Mar 1, 2014

hemophilia posted:

spain's not gonna let scotland into the EU, cuz then Catalonia fucks off.
also not all of scotland voted remain, son.

but then i'm better than a dead pig fucker, and you are not.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

hemophilia posted:

so whats the alternative? a simple "not even a majority" should be able to dictate to the majority, because that happens to be the status quo?

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice

EL BROMANCE posted:

How much do you pay for your tiny, awful apartment?

I pay £730 for a room in a flat share without bills in zone 2. Flat is nice enough, fun area but yeah it's expensive. That's Brexit Britain for ya

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Ape Fist posted:

The FTSE 100 may not be that great a guide, as it's mainly huge international blue chips corps which don't depend so much on the UK economy, the 250/350 contains the mid-range companies who are likely to be hit harder by the drop in the pound. That's not done nearly so well at all.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/pound-sterling-ftse-100-250-brexit-eu-referendum-recovery-a7111156.html

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

henpod posted:

I pay £730 for a room in a flat share without bills in zone 2. Flat is nice enough, fun area but yeah it's expensive. That's Brexit Britain for ya

drat that's slightly more than New York. Where is zone 2?

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

whatever7 posted:

drat that's slightly more than New York. Where is zone 2?

between zone 1 and zone 3

stations like Abbey Road, Bethnal Green, Camden Town, Canary Wharf, and Cutty Sark are in zone 2.

AchtungBaby
Dec 5, 2007

Velkest posted:

spain's not gonna let scotland into the EU, cuz then Catalonia fucks off.
also not all of scotland voted remain, son.

but then i'm better than a dead pig fucker, and you are not.

Merkel is Thulsa Doom, Conan is Britain, and the girl is Rajoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2EQ0FlVks4&t=31s

Contemplate this in the tree of woe

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Also p sure the dow industrial average doesn't really take into account the whole British Isles having to reorganize their trade agreements, which in itself is a significant setback to this whole globalization project.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
ITT a bunch of brexit brits try to claim they aren't racist, even though the only real tangible bit of the 'leave' campaign's promises is now 'we're gonna close the borders'

sure you're not racist, you're just xenophobic morons

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
global capital doesn't give a poo poo, they had their gasp and then poo poo was business as usual again by tuesday

the UK is still hosed, because in the interim at least 2 years before they negotiate anything with the EU and get things situated they are going to see a massive drop off in investment because no one wants to do poo poo while things are in the air

then you better hope that a decent deal gets negotiated and the EU doesn't just bend you over the table

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Moridin920 posted:

ITT a bunch of brexit brits try to claim they aren't racist, even though the only real tangible bit of the 'leave' campaign's promises is now 'we're gonna close the borders'

sure you're not racist, you're just xenophobic morons

pretty double standard going on. maybe all of those african colonies and india should just come back to the empire. kicking whitey out is just xenophobic racism!

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

ah yes, the racist and knee jerk citizenry actually wanted to deal a blow to the upper class, that was their true goal all along

:newlol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Rutibex posted:

pretty double standard going on. maybe all of those african colonies and india should just come back to the empire. kicking whitey out is just xenophobic racism!

nice reverse racism post

For a clown

• Locked thread