Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

peter "anger issues council" gabriel

:argh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khu9gFsVTRs

:3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
Its true we cant really throw stones. All of us have paid Derek chris 1000dollars for the promise to become a fellow internet warlord BDSSE

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

MilesK posted:

Down with Derek, Long live team Sandi!

Team Chris is the best (and accepts those who prefer not to "trim the hedges")

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

boviscopophobic posted:

Quavers posted:

Streetroller posted:

Directly following, my complaint to the BBB received the following response:

Meanwhile: "since our latest release in Dec. 2015 alone, 300,000 backers have enjoyed 1.5 million hours of gameplay with these early game modules" - only 300k backers have tested the janky alphas? Averaging 5hr each?
Maybe it's a coincidence, but just over 300,000 UEE citizens were added between December 12 until now. It wouldn't surprise me if there were fewer people who actually played SC (even including free flight signups who didn't convert into paying backers) and they just took this number because it sounds better.
Some quick calculations of the total playtime:
  • 1.5m hours of gameplay (from 300k backers) between Dec 13th (day after 2.0 release) and Jun 28th (day before date of refund refusal letter)
  • = 6 months + 6 days
  • = 199 days
  • = 4776 hours
  • Total-gameplay-hours / total-hours = average-players-per-hour
  • = 1500000/4776 = 314 players/hr
314 players per hour is a disaster. For comparison, between Jan 1st and Jun 30th the average Steam players per hour for various well-known games:

Also, considering a fair number of the "300,000 backers" will be streamers and obsessed Shitizens clocking up dozens - if not hundreds - of hours, the vast majority of the 300k (~80%?) will have played for only an hour or less: "gently caress this janky mess, they're getting no further purchases pledges from me".

There's always more, and it's always worse.

E: Steam players only

Quavers fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Jul 2, 2016

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Lazrin posted:

thats the thing. there's no reason to be good natured or cool with him. star citizen or not, he's worthless, broken human being. he clearly has some mental issues, and the hangers on in this thread are of a slight enough mind to follow someone like that.

smart is your leader wether you like it or not, and that is embarrassing and sad even for goons. this isn't comedy, it's a cult. sound familiar?

star citizen as a project is not likely to finish in the way backers are hoping and you don't have to be a genius or read any word smart makes up to know that. he's captain obvious and you goons slobber all over him

this thread exposes just how far down at the bottom of the barrel some people are... and it has nothing to do with star citizen.

why are you so upset about derek smart friend

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

For the love of god calm down

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

A Neurotic Jew posted:

has anyone said "Derek Smart Was Right" yet?

No they're currently busy saying "Derek has not brought one piece of verifiable info to the thread"

:allears:

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Lazrin posted:

MOMA posted:

Whoever posted:

You clowns remember registering for the site with a credit card that had a name on it? You're being strung along, Derek knows.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Quavers posted:

Meanwhile: "since our latest release in Dec. 2015 alone, 300,000 backers have enjoyed 1.5 million hours of gameplay with these early game modules" - only 300k backers have tested the janky alphas? Averaging 5hr each?

Maybe it's a coincidence, but just over 300,000 UEE citizens were added between December 12 until now. It wouldn't surprise me if there were fewer people who actually played SC (even including free flight signups who didn't convert into paying backers) and they just took this number because it sounds better.

Some quick calculations of the total playtime:
  • 1.5m hours of gameplay (from 300k backers) between Dec 13th (day after 2.0 release) and Jun 28th (day before date of refund refusal letter)
  • = 6 months + 6 days
  • = 199 days
  • = 4776 hours
  • Total-gameplay-hours / total-hours = average-players-per-hour
  • = 1500000/4776 = 314 players/hr
314 players per hour is a disaster. For comparison, between Jan 1st and Jun 30th the average players per hour for various well-known games:

Also, considering a fair number of the "300,000 backers" will be streamers and obsessed Shitizens clocking up dozens - if not hundreds - of hours, the vast majority of the 300k (~80%?) will have played for only an hour or less: "gently caress this janky mess, they're getting no further purchases pledges from me".

There's always more, and it's always worse.

That doesn't count non-steam players like those on consoles or pc-sans-steam installs, so the number is arguably more.

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

THEN HE SAID..NO WAIT, LISTEN. THEN HE SAID 3.0 IS COMING OUT BY DEC 19TH 2016
:laffo:

Jobbo_Fett posted:

How mad must you be at an internet Warlord to constantly post about how he's some venerable leader of the people?

Have you tried yoga, Lazrin?

not mad at all, he's irrelevant

but seeing this thread for the first time, and how you hang on his every word, has really driven it home for me. these are derek smart's lemmings, nothing else

i didn't think it would be this bad in here, but here we are.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Lazrin posted:

thats the thing. there's no reason to be good natured or cool with him. star citizen or not, he's worthless, broken human being. he clearly has some mental issues, and the hangers on in this thread are of a slight enough mind to follow someone like that.

smart is your leader wether you like it or not, and that is embarrassing and sad even for goons. this isn't comedy, it's a cult. sound familiar?

star citizen as a project is not likely to finish in the way backers are hoping and you don't have to be a genius or read any word smart makes up to know that. he's captain obvious and you goons slobber all over him

this thread exposes just how far down at the bottom of the barrel some people are... and it has nothing to do with star citizen.

Lol another pro sc account pushing the "star citizen isn't going to be exactly what was promised but that IN NO WAY proves Derek Smart was right all along GRRRRR GOONS" line

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

TTerrible posted:

No they're currently busy saying "Derek has not brought one piece of verifiable info to the thread"

:allears:

Everything Derek has ever been right on is purely guesswork, hearsay, or outright lies!

Christ, even Nostradamus is more credible to these people.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

peter gabriel posted:

I'll easily go weeks without thinkin bout Derek until one of these obsessed oddballs mentions him, imagine being so all consumed by someone that you mention them, unprompted, on forums and youtube etc daily :lol:

It's never been easier to ignore Derek, he's hardly in the thread at all these days

I remember trying to tell one of them that accusing somebody of "associating with Derek" doesn't invalidate their concerns about the game but I gave up after a while

It would be interesting to see what happened if Derek made an apology to CIG and announced he's now fully convinced SC will be the best game ever

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Lazrin posted:

but seeing this thread for the first time, and how you hang on his every word, has really driven it home for me. these are derek smart's lemmings, nothing else

If he's so irrelevant, why do you keep bringing him up?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Lazrin posted:

You've not read enough of it. People on the last page were saying Derek doesn't do poo poo. He has almost been ran out twice. An in depth study.

Chris Roberts is making a movie with your money.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
HE IS SO IRRELEVANT I HAVE PAID $10 TO TELL YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
If George Bush Jr., someone completely irrelevant to the videogaming world, called the "end times" for CIG, would that really matter if it came true?

All you seem to do, Lazrin, is attack the messenger and not the message.

And that speaks volumes.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Lazrin posted:

and how you hang on his every word

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I AM SO NOT ANGRY AND UNCONCERNED WITH DEREK SMART I PAID $10 TO POST ON THIS FORUM HE MODERATES TO TELL HIM SO :argh:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
YOU HANG ON TO EVERY WORD HE SAYS UNLIKE ME NOW LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT EVERYTHING DEREK SMART IS WRONG ABOUT!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

TTerrible posted:

I AM SO NOT ANGRY AND UNCONCERNED WITH DEREK SMART I PAID $10 TO POST ON THIS FORUM HE MODERATES TO TELL HIM SO :argh:

OH NO WERE BECOMING JUST LIKE MAJOR TOM!

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Lazrin posted:

how are you liking star citizen patch 2.4.1?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Lazrin posted:

Look friend, Derek's not here and we're finding the fun ourselves without his help for the most part

Arguing about Derek is just one of many ways you can contribute to the thread. What is your favorite thing about Star Citizen?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
EVERYTHING DEREK SAYS IS WRONG. EVEN HIS PREDICTION LAST NIGHT THAT MARK HAMILL WAS GOING IN FOR MORE SHOOTING WAS FALSE, IN UNRELATED NEWS MARK HAMILL TWEETED THIS MORNING THAT HE IS DOING MORE FILMING FOR THE SQUADRON 42 MOVIE SO SUCK THAT YOU loving GOONS.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Jobbo_Fett posted:

That doesn't count non-steam players like those on consoles or pc-sans-steam installs, so the number is arguably more.

Very true!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Don't look up who I actually quoted :ssh:

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Arbite posted:

You clowns remember registering for the site with a credit card that had a name on it? You're being strung along, Derek knows.

let the doxxing commence :toot:

also:

:argh:RRRAAAAAARRGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!:argh:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
When I watch a pgabz video I don't laugh I clench my fists and sometimes punch my sister.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
IM SO MAD!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
*PING!*

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

TTerrible posted:

When I watch a pgabz video I don't laugh I clench my fists and sometimes punch my sister.

same but my balls

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I just punched a hole in my wall because I'm so angry.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Anger locust.

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

THEN HE SAID..NO WAIT, LISTEN. THEN HE SAID 3.0 IS COMING OUT BY DEC 19TH 2016
:laffo:

Jobbo_Fett posted:

If George Bush Jr., someone completely irrelevant to the videogaming world, called the "end times" for CIG, would that really matter if it came true?

All you seem to do, Lazrin, is attack the messenger and not the message.

And that speaks volumes.

what's the message, exactly, just so i'm clear.

is it every falsehood that's been spewed since derek was kicked out of the community and his delicate condition cannot process things like that happening to him? or is it what's going to happen in 2 weeks?

derek is unwilling (because he's unable) to say anything about the actual state of the project or company. he has nothing to show

the 'message' is not dereks. its obvious to anyone with eyes.

and why are you so concerned about how other people piss away their money?

again, cult.

Pointy
Feb 12, 2003

hello old friend
Derek Smart has a posse

Obey Derek

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

TTerrible posted:

I watched the airlock video and vomited from anger

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Lazrin posted:

Why are you obsessed with him then? You spend more time thinking about Derek than anyone else here, your life has become consumed with him, even his surname makes you mad, because it implies he is clever and good.
You think about him all the time, you are thinking about him right now aren't you? Go on, have the balls to be honest, today you have thought about Derek a lot, just like yesterday and just like tomorrow, you will think of Derek, you will type about Derek and you will feel emotions about Derek.
All the while, he doesn't even know or care who you are and you'll continue to think about him and post about how irrelevant he is :lol:

Derek, say his name, whisper it.

Derek Smart.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Lazrin posted:

is it every falsehood that's been spewed since derek was kicked out of the community and his delicate condition cannot process things like that happening to him? or is it what's going to happen in 2 weeks?

derek is unwilling (because he's unable) to say anything about the actual state of the project or company. he has nothing to show

again, cult.

wait, I'VE GOT EYES

E: :argh:

Bmac32
Nov 25, 2012

peter gabriel posted:

I am just so angry

Enhance your calm, John Spartan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Lazrin posted:

That people should get refunds and the people who ran the scam shouldn't get away with it. Not to speak for DS.

Lazrin posted:

Derek put some stuff out last night that was proved true this morning. I don't know what else you want. We can go back through the big list of predictions that have come true if it helps.

Lazrin posted:

Ah so to anyone with eyes its obvious the entire thing is a scam that is never coming out? Why are you defending that scam?

Lazrin posted:

99% of goons are concerned with how loving funny this entire thing is. Thankyou for doing your part to amuse us.

Lazrin posted:

again, cult.

Ok user that has registered to defend Star Citziens honour. :allears:

• Locked thread