Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Lazrin posted:

wait wait wait.

is it reshoots on the movie set that chris was building last night? the one that didn't exist for performance capture?

how is that a reshoot, exactly?

maybe, just maybe, it's something new and already scheduled. possible?

hi Doofus Smeg :smug:

madcattax

HE SOOO MAD!! :argh:

his nibs fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jul 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Lazrin posted:

that's a myopic perspective. that's not how the world outside of this thread sees it. most don't even know who derek smart is, let alone him somehow 'winning' something.

if you think people really knew what the people in this thread are like, they'd take any advice from them at all? would you?

Derek Smart is winning because every single day it becomes more and more apparent that CIG will not deliver on their promises. The narrative of CIG being capable of producing AAA work, or any game for that matter, is being systematically disassembled before our eyes. Of course Derek didn't have to lift a finger for that to be the case; it was inevitable regardless of what he did. But he's been attacked since day one for saying that CIG's pitch will never happen, and he's right. Derek wins.

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

THEN HE SAID..NO WAIT, LISTEN. THEN HE SAID 3.0 IS COMING OUT BY DEC 19TH 2016
:laffo:

Jobbo_Fett posted:

You literally aren't capable of grasping the concept of Derek calling something out publicly before its made public.

If Derek had made a called shot on reshoots, and then it didn't happen, you'd have something to argue about. Alas, 'tis not the case.

no, if derek had posted that more than 3 hours before it happened... like a couple weeks ago? sure

you didn't answer me about reshoots... how can it be a reshoot when we've never had a movie set before?

don't need a set for performance capture. so if there's really a movie set, it means they're doing something new.

right now, there is no movie set because there's no proof of it

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

Oh my god, the irony is that gif made all the anger wash away for a second

I actually hear "Eye of the Tiger" in my head and mind when I watch it long enough...

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Lazrin posted:

i think they supported that decision in the note you and i both read.

personally, i'm against all refunds for crowdfunded projects. you take the risk, it's on you. don't look for someone to hold your hand and get you out of it. grow up.

They told the Better Business Bureau that they closed this person's account and issued a refund.
They told PayPal that they had shipped merchandise to the person (tracking numbers!), so they had no reason to issue a refund.

Now the person has a closed account and has not received a refund.

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Derek Smart is winning because every single day it becomes more and more apparent that CIG will not deliver on their promises. The narrative of CIG being capable of producing AAA work, or any game for that matter, is being systematically disassembled before our eyes. Of course Derek didn't have to lift a finger for that to be the case; it was inevitable regardless of what he did. But he's been attacked since day one for saying that CIG's pitch was impossible, and he's right. Derek wins.

*most* people understand their pitch became impossible at some point.

but *most* people are not egomaniacal sociopaths, and are able to continue to live their normal lives despite such a revelation. not him though

and you guys needed him to tell you this? this wasn't you're own opinion, so *he's* winning? got it.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Lazrin posted:

no, if derek had posted that more than 3 hours before it happened... like a couple weeks ago? sure

you didn't answer me about reshoots... how can it be a reshoot when we've never had a movie set before?

don't need a set for performance capture. so if there's really a movie set, it means they're doing something new.

Are you seriously so stupid that you couldn't understand that he was talking about them building a new movie set, and not that they've never had a set before at another studio?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Lazrin posted:

There's no proof of Santaball or Star Marine, does this mean they also do not exist?

Let me in, open up friend, let's chill and talk about Derek and games.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Lazrin posted:

Why would them making a movie/set which nobody asked for be a good thing, when they have a game they're failing to make that people /have/ asked and paid for?

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

Evil_Greven posted:

They told the Better Business Bureau that they closed this person's account and issued a refund.
They told PayPal that they had shipped merchandise to the person (tracking numbers!), so they had no reason to issue a refund.

Now the person has a closed account and has not received a refund.

if it's a clerical error i am sure they will fix it.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Lazrin posted:

Motion capture uses minimal sets for motion keying. Steps, hand rails, walls etc. You can even see it in the videos CIG have posted.

A full set could mean a full painted set or a giant wooden contraption - neither of which mocap needs. So the options are this:

A) - They're doing loving FMV and that is hilarious and awful. They're doing FMV in a massively expensive mocap studio instead of a soundstage.

B) - They're building a full set for mocap because CR is a loving idiot and that is also hilarious and awful.

The reshoots things, they've mentioned in ATV when giving excuses for Chris that he is "doing reshoots in the uk"

:laffo: at three hours. What is the cut off for knowing things before backers do? Is it a day? two weeks? he still clearly DOES have people inside so why aren't you listening to him?

Also will you come back here and apologise when the set is shown off in a video?

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

This is all bad and not good.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

PGABZ FOR THE LAST TIME CALM DOWN

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Lazrin posted:

that's a myopic perspective. that's not how the world outside of this thread sees it. most don't even know who derek smart is, let alone him somehow 'winning' something.

if you think people really knew what the people in this thread are like, they'd take any advice from them at all? would you?

Friend, myopia affects focus, not perspective

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Lazrin posted:

Ahhh, hello "Boo"

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Maw posted:

PGABZ FOR THE LAST TIME CALM DOWN

:argh:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

CIG are their worst enemies. Every time a new rumor pops up they prove it true in the most retarded way. I couldn't believe the AMD thing, but up come these retards and say that they are partnering up with Intel for gamescomes, AMDs biggest rival.

I couldn't believe that they were going back to Imagenirium to keep doing motion casting because they have built like 3 studios already and although they might have been short on time last year and used them for their con it would be incredibly stupid to keep using them. Lo and behold Mark Hamill confirms that they are back into motion capturing

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jul 2, 2016

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

Maw posted:

Why would them making a movie/set which nobody asked for be a good thing, when they have a game they're failing to make that people /have/ asked and paid for?

i missed the announcement where they said they were making a movie.

i also missed where no other video game ever included full motion video to help tell part of a story.

a movie set can be anything from the brick wall they use for their stupid shows up to reconstructing mos eisley in the middle of tunisia. show pictures and details of the set if it exists.

c;mon

Pointy
Feb 12, 2003

hello old friend

fnox
May 19, 2013

Lazrin posted:

personally, i'm against all refunds for crowdfunded projects. you take the risk, it's on you. don't look for someone to hold your hand and get you out of it. grow up.

When your pledge is also a product you're buying which is not going to be delivered to you, you're entitled to a refund. You bought a ship, how that money was used is irrelevant, it is not a donation.

Also, losing 100% of your investment is not exactly normal, it's not going to give any confidence to the crowdfunding model if $115000000 are allowed to literally vanish should CIG go under.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Lazrin posted:

*most* people understand their pitch became impossible at some point.

but *most* people are not egomaniacal sociopaths, and are able to continue to live their normal lives despite such a revelation. not him though

and you guys needed him to tell you this? this wasn't you're own opinion, so *he's* winning? got it.

NICE MELTDOWN :argh:

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Lazrin posted:

i also missed where no other video game ever included full motion video to help tell part of a story.

a movie set can be anything from the brick wall they use for their stupid shows up to reconstructing mos eisley in the middle of tunisia. show pictures and details of the set if it exists.

c;mon

But there's no game or story buddy :(

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Arbite posted:

You clowns remember registering for the site with a credit card that had a name on it? You're being strung along, Derek knows.

Jokes on you, MoMA used his moms credit card.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Lazrin posted:

c;mon

Don't make me quote myself.

also Chris Roberts has called it a movie several times. Trust us, we love that poo poo.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Lazrin posted:

c;mon

*scribbles notes*

Bmac32
Nov 25, 2012

Lazrin posted:

Is it possible to laugh enough at this quote?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Lot of madness in this thread today.

It is spreading.

Release the car dealership crobberts its making me ANGRY.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

savage

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

TTerrible posted:

Don't make me quote myself.

also Chris Roberts has called it a movie several times. Trust us, we love that poo poo.

*Drops massive script on stage after big presentation after talking about filming in a mo cap studio with Hollywood actors and revealing a cast list*

HOW DARE YOU IMPLY THIS IS A FILM :argh:

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

TTerrible posted:

Motion capture uses minimal sets for motion keying. Steps, hand rails, walls etc. You can even see it in the videos CIG have posted.

A full set could mean a full painted set or a giant wooden contraption - neither of which mocap needs. So the options are this:

A) - They're doing loving FMV and that is hilarious and awful. They're doing FMV in a massively expensive mocap studio instead of a soundstage.

B) - They're building a full set for mocap because CR is a loving idiot and that is also hilarious and awful.

The reshoots things, they've mentioned in ATV when giving excuses for Chris that he is "doing reshoots in the uk"

:laffo: at three hours. What is the cut off for knowing things before backers do? Is it a day? two weeks? he still clearly DOES have people inside so why aren't you listening to him?

Also will you come back here and apologise when the set is shown off in a video?

yep, i absolutely will... i'll show up every time i'm wrong and admit it. every time.

whats wrong with doing some fmv? maybe its not for the game... maybe its for marketing, something they plan to show in theaters in front of star wars rogue one when when it hits in december.... ya know, just ahead of when squadron 42 could release

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Lazrin posted:

What does the amount of time before the reveal matter? Is it true or not is the only metric that matters.

You can reshoot stuff if you didn't have a set and reshoot so that its on a set. A reshoot involves refilming, not the specific set on which its being filmed.

They already filmed on a set, but most of it was bluescreens/greenscreens so they can add stuff in after the fact.

poo poo man, do you even think before you post?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Lazrin posted:

You are preordering a product and a service you loving retard thats why they loving tax people in the UK and europe. Its also why if you live there a single mention of their consumer protection laws to their CS will have them tilt over backwards into their own asses to pay you back.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

You're posting is almost as bad as SC :(

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Lazrin posted:

yep, i absolutely will... i'll show up every time i'm wrong and admit it. every time.

whats wrong with doing some fmv? maybe its not for the game... maybe its for marketing, something they plan to show in theaters in front of star wars rogue one when when it hits in december.... ya know, just ahead of when squadron 42 could release

Why are they doing FMV in one of the most expensive motion capture suites in the world instead of a sound stage.

If they're not doing FMV why are they building a full set for mocap because it doesn't require it.

How long does DS have to beat CIG to the punch for it to be an inside source? Three hours isn't enough. How long?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Lazrin posted:

whats wrong with doing some fmv? maybe its not for the game... maybe its for marketing, something they plan to show in theaters in front of rogue when when it hits in december.... ya know, just ahead of when squadron 42 could release

Yeah all those 4 mocap sessions were to do some marketing with, it's pretty standard.
did you know the film Titanic was actually just a series of out takes cobbled together after the filming of an advert for Martha and Brians Boat Tours?

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

Lazrin posted:

wait wait wait.

is it reshoots on the movie set that chris was building last night? the one that didn't exist for performance capture?

how is that a reshoot, exactly?

maybe, just maybe, it's something new and already scheduled. possible?

You are such a lovely, low effort troll. You have taken on the task of riling the thread up, the easiest thing to do besides breathing, and thought "much like capitalization and sentence structure and punctuation and logic, I'm going to prove how absolutely poo poo I am at this".

You are the hydrox cookie of trolls. Nobody likes you, but they'll begrudgingly accept you because grandma refuses to buy real oreos.

Man, I miss Karl and Octopode. They were a wonderful tag team. poo poo, I even miss when that goon with the Velma avatar would come in and piss all over the thread.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Lazrin posted:

Wow yeah no, there's no way this isn't a troll.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Palisader posted:

You are such a lovely, low effort troll. You have taken on the task of riling the thread up, the easiest thing to do besides breathing, and thought "much like capitalization and sentence structure and punctuation and logic, I'm going to prove how absolutely poo poo I am at this".

You are the hydrox cookie of trolls. Nobody likes you, but they'll begrudgingly accept you because grandma refuses to buy real oreos.

Man, I miss Karl and Octopode. They were a wonderful tag team. poo poo, I even miss when that goon with the Velma avatar would come in and piss all over the thread.

Bring back STIMSIS

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

What does the amount of time before the reveal matter? Is it true or not is the only metric that matters.

huh? some janitor at the studio can call smart and say "hey, hamill is here", derek posts, and then that was considered predicted based on insider info?

nope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Lazrin posted:

Totally not Sandi you guys

• Locked thread