Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Lazrin posted:

huh? some janitor at the studio can call smart and say "hey, hamill is here", derek posts, and then that was considered predicted based on insider info?

nope.

What about when he spent several months saying Star marine wasn't coming out and then it didn't.

Read up on http://www.justagamemode.com/ if you missed any of that because I'm sure you're about to prove that you did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Lazrin posted:

*most* people understand their pitch became impossible at some point.

but *most* people are not egomaniacal sociopaths, and are able to continue to live their normal lives despite such a revelation. not him though

and you guys needed him to tell you this? this wasn't you're own opinion, so *he's* winning? got it.

Just because he gloats about being right doesn't make him a sociopath.

He's saved people thousands of dollars by drawing attention to this disaster and encouraging them to get refunds. Some bloke in Australia just got $8k back thanks to Derek's advice. Derek is doing the public a service in his own hosed up way. Meanwhile Chris Roberts spins elaborate fantasies to take money from people, then proceeds to either shoves it into a blender or immediately invests it into famous actors and elaborate movie sets because he wants to be a Somebody. Now that is some hosed up psychology.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Lazrin posted:

wait wait wait.

is it reshoots on the movie set that chris was building last night? the one that didn't exist for performance capture?

how is that a reshoot, exactly?

maybe, just maybe, it's something new and already scheduled. possible?

What a pointless and retarded argument. They did all the shooting a year ago but maybe this isn't a reshoot because they meant to leave it until a year later.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Lazrin posted:

huh? some janitor at the studio can call smart and say "hey, hamill is here", derek posts, and then that was considered predicted based on insider info?

nope.

You just jumped the shark old son

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
is this the meltdown thread

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Lazrin posted:

nope.

lol, i think your brain may be slightly broken

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Just because he gloats about being right doesn't make him a sociopath.

He's saved people thousands of dollars by drawing attention to this disaster and encouraging them to get refunds. Some bloke in Australia just got $8k back thanks to Derek's advice. Derek is doing the public a service in his own hosed up way. Meanwhile Chris Roberts takes peoples money and either shoves it into a blender or immediately invests it into famous actors and elaborate movie sets because he wants to a Somebody. Now that is some hosed up psychology.

Agreed, if anything the closest thing to a sociopath in all this mess is Sandi given the way she treats her employees and what we've seen her do to ben and wife.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Lazrin posted:

nope.

So is the janitor not an insider? Also, what if its not the janitor and is an insider that isn't a janitor?

Its an insider either way.

Also, POTATO.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

Daztek posted:

Bring back STIMSIS

That's his name! He had literally the exact same shtick but he was delightfully crazy.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Also whose idea was it to do the traitor hunt at CIG because whoever it was is probably also a sociopath.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Daztek posted:

lol, i think your brain may be slightly broken

Derek Smart?

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
LAZRIN

LAZTIN

LAZTAN

LAWTAN

LAWTAX

LOWTAX

CHECKMATE GOONIES!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
CALM DOWN, ME!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
The clerical error and janitor lines have finished me I'm afraid :(

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
NO, I WON'T CALM DOWN, ME!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Palisader posted:

That's his name! He had literally the exact same shtick but he was delightfully crazy.

STIMSIS wasn't great

I mean he was p good, but not great

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Today a janitor somewhere feels grief for being slighted as not an insider.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

STIMSIS wasn't great

We're all allowed opinions here.

Even if they aren't good.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

STIMSIS wasn't great

STIMSIS seemed to be either genuinely angry or someone that got told GRRGOONS get really angry about an out of date OP and to focus on that. :shrug:

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

THEN HE SAID..NO WAIT, LISTEN. THEN HE SAID 3.0 IS COMING OUT BY DEC 19TH 2016
:laffo:

TTerrible posted:

The clerical error and janitor lines have finished me I'm afraid :(

there have as much credibility, likelihood and backup as anything posted in this thread.

i'm not trying to troll, believe me. i'm just in utter shock at how dumb some people are. even on the internet, in a goon forum, i didn't expect it

i'd love to have a rational discussion, but you tell me - is that possible in here?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Lazrin posted:

there have as much credibility, likelihood and backup as anything posted in this thread.

i'm not trying to troll, believe me. i'm just in utter shock at how dumb some people are. even on the internet, in a goon forum, i didn't expect it

i'd love to have a rational discussion, but you tell me - is that possible in here?

How does predicting a reshoot before its announced not lend credibility to anything?

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

Lazrin posted:

you're more entertaining than MoMA, so there's that

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Lazrin posted:

Not when you pick and choose what to reply to. Answer me about the FMV/Mocap stuff.

They're either:

A) - Filming FMV in one of the most expensive mocap suites in the world instead of a soundstage.

B) - Building a huge set for mocap that doesn't need it.

Either way they're incompetent and wasting a ton of money.

You also ignored the Star marine post.

DS predicted Star Marine being canned months before it was.

Why was it months away, then weeks away and then POOF! You've already got it!

Try.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Lol at Lazrin trying to pull attention away from Derek Smart being right by arguing about how he isn't right about the tweets confirming his insider knowledge (again).

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

How does predicting a reshoot before its announced not lend credibility to anything?

i read his post, it said "chris is building a movie set" implying that it was something underway, or perhaps getting started

it did not say "mark hamill is doing a star citizen shoot on a new movie set in the morning" - that would have been insider info

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

TTerrible posted:

Not when you pick and choose what to reply to. Answer me about the FMV/Mocap stuff.

They're either:

A) - Filming FMV in one of the most expensive mocap suites in the world instead of a soundstage.

Try.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Lazrin posted:

i read his post, it said "chris is building a movie set" implying that it was something underway, or perhaps getting started

it did not say "mark hamill is doing a star citizen shoot on a new movie set in the morning" - that would have been insider info

Chris is building a movie set.

Hamill is going to be on a new movie set.

Nope, two different things, clearly.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Lazrin posted:

E: gently caress that, answer tterible instead

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

TTerrible posted:

They're either:

Try.

if we're going to pick nits, then we gotta pick 'em.

- did mark hamill say where he was?
- is it possible he's going to a soundstage where the set is, not the performance studio?
- is possible he's doing both performance reshoots AND a new fmv shoot on a set (that could be a reason to build it in the same place)

again, as soon as illfonic was off of star marine, everyone said the same thing... trouble. once it became clear that the development track for getting fps features into the persistent universe was going to outpace the rework of star marine, of course it made sense to scrap the testbed for fps features.

they always said it was eventually coming back as a game node for the same reason arena commander is there. and it looks like that's happening. did derek predict it coming back? i may have missed that one. or are they doing it just to spite him?

edit: i'm out for a while, no replies for at least a few hours.

Lazrin fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jul 2, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Lazrin posted:

- is it possible he's going to a soundstage where the set is, not the performance studio?
- is possible he's doing both performance reshoots AND a new fmv shoot on a set (that could be a reason to build it in the same place)

again, as soon as illfonic was off of star marine, everyone said the same thing... trouble. once it became clear that the development track for getting fps features into the persistent universe was going to outpace the rework of star marine, of course it made sense to scrap the testbed for fps features.

they always said it was eventually coming back as a game node for the same reason arena commander is there. and it looks like that's happening. did derek predict it coming back? i may have missed that one. or are they doing it just to spite him?

:roflolmao:

Friend, you and every single one of your friends were saying how Star Marine definitely wasn't cancelled for months after Derek called it. Nobody ever said that the lovely gunplay in the alpha was a great reason to cancel SM until Chris went and said he was annoyed that people bugged him about it.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Lazrin posted:

now you're playing along better.

it's in huge trouble for many reasons. a scam it is not.

What are the many reasons Star Citizen is in huge trouble, friend?

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game

Lazrin posted:

Please don't leave us. We are a really fun group if you can stick by.
And I'm truly interested how is possible that this is not a scam.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Lazrin posted:

Why do people who defend Star Citizen always tell us when they are not online and we don't have to expect an answer? Like going fishing or something.

What is the reason for this? Is this some new kind of internet etiquette I missed where you have to tell everybody that you ABSOLUTELY have a life?

Okay, I'll try it, to understand how it feels: I won't be online within the next hour at least, because I am making Spare Ribs for some people, from a recipe I promised to post here.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Lazrin posted:

I'm not asking you to nit pick, I'm asking you to not ignore posts you don't want to answer.

- Not that I saw. He said he was working on Squadron 42. Given that it is a game that features mocap heavily it is safe to assume he is going to Imaginarium.

- Derek specifically said they're building the set at Imaginarium. Lets see if they are. Pictures will come out. CR can't help himself.

- Possibly, but Imaginarium isn't setup for normal shoots at all. It is dumb as gently caress to do that. That is one of the funniest outcomes of this. It's like renting a room at the Hilton to rebuild an engine.

Lazrin posted:

Everyone said the same thing? Where? All of the people on /r/starcitizen and rsi.com were whipping themselves into a froth saying there is no way Star Marine wasn't coming out and who the gently caress does Derek Shart think he is?! Where are all these people saying that Star Marine wasn't coming out? The only places I saw it being accepted as fact were here and Dereks blog.

How is it outpacing the FPS features in the PTU?

This video is from mid 2014 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5xIkVFmL3E

It blows away anything in the PTU. How has the PTU outpaced it? It hasn't.

Lazrin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRpq7o1mKXY

Wrong. Here is what Chris Roberts had to say about Star Marine:

quote:

"So yes it is still in the pipeline. I do actually kind of like to say something because I sort of get annoyed sometimes when I see this pop up in comments like "Oh Star Marine is cancelled or Where's Star Marine!?" Star Marine was just a game mode for people to play the FPS elements of Star Citizen until we could combine everything together: Flying, walking around, shooting, doing all the rest of the stuff, all together, that is what is in 2.0, that's what it's 2.1.

With SC Alpha 2.0 onwards, you have basically what we were planning to do from Star Citizen and from the very very beginning. If you could back and look at the original pitch we didn't say "Hey we're doing Star Marine," We said we will have FPS and Board, well you have FPS and you have boarding right now and so what's really happening is there will not be features that will only be for Star Marine outside a sort of competition match and scoring that isn't going to be in the game and so we're actually rolling out the FPS features.

So 2.2 will have some more features on the FPS side and 2.3 will have some more and so on until we sort of what we consider the basic functionality. 2.2 has cover and some other things in it and we'll obviously have future, there's things like vaulting and sliding and different kind of stances that we have and there's a lot more weapons that we have and they're all getting rolled out and honing it and you guys are going to be able to play it in 2.2 and 2.3 and 2.4

When we've got that basic set together we will sort of turn on the map for Star Marine because all Star Marine is, is a game mode. Basically allows you to play a game, have two teams, have some points and so you can just sort of have a Arena Commander style match, but for FPS. That's useful for you to hone your FPS skills without sort of being in the mini PU and risking some other stuff, but you already have FPS in the game so it's not like FPS got cancelled or anything like that.

It's definitely in and Star Marine was originally our idea of how to get people to play the FPS before we could put everything together, but since that obviously took longer than we expected to get FPS to the level that we are comfortable with. By the time we got it to the level we said â€Okay you guys can play this.†Well we already had all the other things combined with the Large World and the 64-bit coordinates and the zone system so that was it. So there you are, we will have Gold Horizon, we will have Star Marine, but that will come online once all the basic FPS features are out in and live in the mini PU."

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Seems like 2 weeks is the cook time for meltdowns in this thread.

So 2 weeks from now better be good.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

tuo posted:

Why do people who defend Star Citizen always tell us when they are not online and we don't have to expect an answer? Like going fishing or something.

What is the reason for this? Is this some new kind of internet etiquette I missed where you have to tell everybody that you ABSOLUTELY have a life?

Okay, I'll try it, to understand how it feels: I won't be online within the next hour at least, because I am making Spare Ribs for some people, from a recipe I promised to post here.

I'd happily answer your question but I've got to go sky diving then onto see a movie then dinner with loads of my friends

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
pgabz anger management

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Lazrin posted:

whats wrong with doing some fmv? maybe its not for the game... maybe its for marketing, something they plan to show in theaters in front of star wars rogue one when when it hits in december.... ya know, just ahead of when squadron 42 could release

Ok i laughed at this. Me and you are cool Lazrin you keep doing what you're doing

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Quavers posted:

Meanwhile: "since our latest release in Dec. 2015 alone, 300,000 backers have enjoyed 1.5 million hours of gameplay with these early game modules" - only 300k backers have tested the janky alphas? Averaging 5hr each?
Maybe it's a coincidence, but just over 300,000 UEE citizens were added between December 12 until now. It wouldn't surprise me if there were fewer people who actually played SC (even including free flight signups who didn't convert into paying backers) and they just took this number because it sounds better.
[/quote]
Some quick calculations of the total playtime:
  • 1.5m hours of gameplay (from 300k backers) between Dec 13th (day after 2.0 release) and Jun 28th (day before date of refund refusal letter)
  • = 6 months + 6 days
  • = 199 days
  • = 4776 hours
  • Total-gameplay-hours / total-hours = average-players-per-hour
  • = 1500000/4776 = 314 players/hr
314 players per hour is a disaster. For comparison, between Jan 1st and Jun 30th the average Steam players per hour for various well-known games:

Also, considering a fair number of the "300,000 backers" will be streamers and obsessed Shitizens clocking up dozens - if not hundreds - of hours, the vast majority of the 300k (~80%?) will have played for only an hour or less: "gently caress this janky mess, they're getting no further purchases pledges from me".

There's always more, and it's always worse.

E: Steam players only
[/quote]

LOL

someone should stick this in reddit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lazrin posted:

Instead of being so angry about Derek Smart you should be happy that Chris Roberts is doing what he loves, which is filming a space movie with his hero Luke Skywalker. I don't understand why do you care about Derek when the point is Chris is making his drat best to give the fans the movie they paid for. Nothing Derek says or does will change that.

• Locked thread