Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

logikv9 posted:

yeah all the food around me is foodie bullshit outside of the asian restaurants (which I can live off so I guess I'm okay with that)

I've got a good balance here, because despite it being largely white and young, the young white people are also overall quite poor due to being college students. Loooooots of cheap ethnic food too, and all of it available for delivery!

I don't know how I'd react if I was served the portions I typically see at these places, especially after a leg day or something when my appetite is ramped up to 11. It'd probably be Chris_Farley_Folgers_Crystals.mpeg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

logikv9 posted:

the only BBQ I've ever had was in atlantic city and i'm not willing to visit the south for anything better

I don't know what you had, where you had it, or who made it but I feel secure saying any southern barbecue place is better

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

logikv9 posted:

the only BBQ I've ever had was in atlantic city and i'm not willing to visit the south for anything better

:sad:

Also possibly racist?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Tatum Girlparts posted:

foodies are the worst aspects of gentrification and these posts are very correct.

"I found this quaint little family owned restaurant serving a food I never had before...wouldn't it be amazing if someone who's dad could take out a bank loan to give them build a high end eatery where they deconstructed these dishes and charged three times the price and opened it right in this area? I bet these people would love that..."

Careful now. Follow that to its logical conclusion and you might become a Bernout.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Powercrazy posted:

:sad:

Also possibly racist?

i will admit when I went to florida for vacation the people at walmart scared the gently caress out of me

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

logikv9 posted:

i will admit when I went to florida for vacation the people at walmart scared the gently caress out of me

Why the gently caress would you go to Walmart on vacation

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Badger of Basra posted:

Why the gently caress would you go to Walmart on vacation

idk probably needed sunscreen or snacks

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I did make pulled pork in a slow cooker once and it was surprisingly delicious considering I'm some jackass from Boston who put a supermarket pork shoulder in a small crockpot

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

but yeah though a visit to any Southern city and a cursory glance at Yelp will yield you some transcendent BBQ

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
the most vivid memory I have of that was a dog food-bag sized bag of cheetos

also let's move it over to the cspam chat thread! sorry for the derail contribution.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

loquacius posted:

I did make pulled pork in a slow cooker once and it was surprisingly delicious considering I'm some jackass from Boston who put a supermarket pork shoulder in a small crockpot

This is because slow cookers are amazing and wonderful and perfect

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Epic High Five posted:

This is because slow cookers are amazing and wonderful and perfect

yea slow cookers are 100% on the list of food device everyone should have , and right up near top too. Those things are the bomb.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Tatum Girlparts posted:

yea slow cookers are 100% on the list of food device everyone should have , and right up near top too. Those things are the bomb.

Can also be turned into a bomb :cool:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Powercrazy posted:

Can also be turned into a bomb :cool:

You're thinking pressure cookers, which are more niche and nowadays are almost entirely idiot proof

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
pressure cookers are dope as hell for beans, legumes, and such. please get one and save on cooking gas

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

a messed up horse posted:

pressure cookers are dope as hell for beans, legumes, and such. please get one and save on cooking gas

I'd probably buy one if I ate those more regularly. Lord knows I'll die before I buy pre-cooked when dry is like 1/10th the price

Most of the beans/drupes/pulses that I eat are all rice cooker friendly. I love me some lentils. Everybody should own a fuggin rice cooker btw

edit - plus you can pretend you're cooking beans AT THE CENTER OF THE EARTH which makes them a lot more exciting imho

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Epic High Five posted:

I'd probably buy one if I ate those more regularly. Lord knows I'll die before I buy pre-cooked when dry is like 1/10th the price

Most of the beans/drupes/pulses that I eat are all rice cooker friendly. I love me some lentils. Everybody should own a fuggin rice cooker btw

edit - plus you can pretend you're cooking beans AT THE CENTER OF THE EARTH which makes them a lot more exciting imho

Well I agree with all that. red lentils especially are like a 15-minute food and rice cookers own. Mine plays "twinkle twinkle little star" when it's done :3:

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
http://www.foodspotting.com/

I don't really get why it exists
I just know that it's a niche

A social networking site for foodies.
just about posting pictures of food.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

a messed up horse posted:

Well I agree with all that. red lentils especially are like a 15-minute food and rice cookers own. Mine plays "twinkle twinkle little star" when it's done :3:

I know the siren song of the Zojirushi! Had one in my last apartment but left it for my roomie and got a less musical, but just as effective Aroma

ThndrShk2k posted:

http://www.foodspotting.com/

I don't really get why it exists
I just know that it's a niche

A social networking site for foodies.
just about posting pictures of food.

With any luck, it's an attempt to contain the spread

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Epic High Five posted:

With any luck, it's an attempt to contain the spread
Online reservation systems are more popular than ever. YELP does online resos now too.
OpenTable is still the big fish though, which coincidentally owns Foodspotting. (And OpenTable itself is owned by Priceline since a couple years ago)

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

logikv9 posted:

shameful

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://nextgenerationblogs.wordpress.com/2016/07/01/viral-group-bernie-sanders-dank-meme-stashowner-involved-in-corruption/

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
hi

bernie is still cool and good

thanks for reading friends

namaste

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Lastgirl posted:

hi

bernie is still cool and good

thanks for reading friends

namaste

I can confirm this to be a good and true post.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

lol at the idea that it's illegal to make money on someone else's likeness and bernie might sue him as if bernie or any candidate would ever worry about this poo poo

if you haven't made a dozen pro-bernie twitter accounts that steal reddit/imgur bernie memes so you can get 20,000 followers and sell them to russians, i dont know what to tell you

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

logikv9 posted:

lmao what a coward

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Texas is best at BBQ

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm sad Killer Mike isn't still on the campaign trail.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Tatum Girlparts posted:

"God bless Republicans" - Bernie's Black outreach leader through super Tuesday

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I have decided that many gun owners qualify as the great Satan

Gonna ponder on this over the weekend

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

70 billion firearms. hosed up.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

(hair tousled from head shaking during speeches)

he seems a tad Confused

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

"gun control has a racist history so i'm going to support racists because they like guns now" hmmmmmmm mr render sir i think u r missing, the point.....

[he and chuck d are pretty similar in the 'some decent and good opinions alongside batshit crazy and/or racist stuff' thing, honestly.........]

Classic Comrade has issued a correction as of 20:14 on Jul 2, 2016

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

im not sure i would say confused. the black panthers took full advantage of gun rights as well. you don't have to be pro gun control to be on the left.

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

Fast Luck posted:

im not sure i would say confused. the black panthers took full advantage of gun rights as well. you don't have to be pro gun control to be on the left.

that's not why he's confused.

he's confused for praising dixiecrats and republicans for this, who are racist.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Fast Luck posted:

The main thing that got me wasn't 'I like guns' which is indeed a position any leftist can have just fine, it's the whole 'whoo dixiecrats and republicans' aspect of it.

#slickconservative

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

i dont really think it means he loves conservatives, hes just being like "lol thanks for the guns guys, im with ya on this"

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

well he's not called Tickler Mike for a reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

The main thing that got me wasn't 'I like guns' which is indeed a position any leftist can have just fine, it's the whole 'whoo dixiecrats and republicans' aspect of it.

#slickconservative

uhh

guns own

rambo looked awesome with that lmg killing communists

r u saying guns dont own??? :911:

• Locked thread