Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

When she started asking if they were "credible threats" I just about lost my mind. The judge is doing his best to just not lose his poo poo on her. He had armed people following around his family and the members of his community for months leading up to the actual occupation. The sheer obliviousness of some of the out of state people was astounding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
All of the COWS people are morons. My favorite part is at the end when they're talking about cutting power to the refuge and one guy shouts, "You're just gonna let them freeze?!"

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

cumshitter posted:

All of the COWS people are morons. My favorite part is at the end when they're talking about cutting power to the refuge and one guy shouts, "You're just gonna let them freeze?!"

I mean, if they're calling themselves patriots they should probably get the Valley Forge treatment.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Anos posted:

For speeding tickets? You're not going to argue your way out of it so yes, take the ticket and then bring it to court if you disagree with it. Do you expect cops to provide you forensic evidence on the spot so you can stand around and mediate it between the two of you?

I'm not saying "don't comply with the police if they get you on a speeding ticket" I'm saying "[black] people should just comply with police when they tell you to do something and everything would be fine!" is a common, stupid argument from the right

I also didn't really think the poster I quoted believed this, but it sounded pretty close to that line of thought and I was feeling like being a little poo poo at the time. sorry for the derail :shobon:

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Mirthless posted:

You can tell that Michelle Fiore got into office simply by being the person with an (R) next to her name willing to say the most extreme poo poo that election

Well, that and being willing to pose with guns and cleavage out.

No, seriously.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

I'm not saying "don't comply with the police if they get you on a speeding ticket" I'm saying "[black] people should just comply with police when they tell you to do something and everything would be fine!" is a common, stupid argument from the right
It's fine to say "just do what the officer tells you when you get stopped"

The problem is people say "You got in trouble at the traffic stop? Must be because you didn't do what the officer told you"

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

you'd best fix that hotlink before somebody gives you a paddlin' :ohdear:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Mirthless posted:

you'd best fix that hotlink before somebody gives you a paddlin' :ohdear:

it's from CNN. It's not a problem to link to their server. If they gave a gently caress they wouldn't allow it.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

theflyingorc posted:

It's fine to say "just do what the officer tells you when you get stopped"

What? No...there's a difference between immediately starting hostilities with the officer as soon as they walk up to your door (like sovcits do) and being courteous with the officer...up until they start asking you questions or making demands of you that can be used to charge you criminally.

Doing whatever an officer asks or tells you to do is a perfect way to end up like the nephew from Making a Murderer - serving a life sentence because you just sat there and agreed with everything they accused you of. There's a line - and it isn't exactly fine - between being a dick to law enforcement and letting them give you rope to hang yourself.

Geoj has issued a correction as of 01:15 on Jul 2, 2016

I am not a book
Mar 9, 2013
Goddamn it shut up you stupid nerds and get ready for what is sure to be a great time for us all:

https://twitter.com/egavactip/status/749059674926899201

edit: ok apparently the tweet embeds correctly in the real post but not in the preview.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Yeah tweet embedding is done in javascript that loads only on the thread pages. If you have javascript turned off, it will just display the URL.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TheMadMilkman posted:

The Bundys would say that he is a Gadianton Robber.

Holy poo poo. I had no idea what this meant so I googled it and Mormons are loving insane; according to the Book of Mormon, were a secret criminal organization in ancient America that was founded around 52 BC. Do rank and file Mormons truly believe this poo poo?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Geoj posted:

"Until the police literally kill you you can't complain about them."
:goonsay:

"I can't understand English, so I'll summarize a post like an rear end in a top hat"

Listen, nowhere did I say you couldn't criticize police. But declaring that any traffic stop is going to be a bad time because once you had a gun pulled on you, and further stating it'll be bad because your one instance somehow becomes "shot dead", is asinine at best. You're broad stroking multiple people for the actions of one, i.e. freeper mentality.

cumshitter posted:

They had plenty of dildos to burn

SocketWrench has issued a correction as of 14:36 on Jul 2, 2016

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

This is the thread to laugh at stupid bundies and sovcits. Whatever complaints about police, legitimate or otherwise, should be directed elsewhere imo

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Mr. Nice! posted:

This is the thread to laugh at stupid bundies and sovcits. Whatever complaints about police, legitimate or otherwise, should be directed elsewhere imo

I am sorry, but you are addressing HERMETIC, the corporation created by Lowtax when I signed up for this forum. I, Hermetic, the sovereign poster do not enter into a joinder to agree to these rules about "derails", and will protect myself from attempts to violate my freedom by any means necessary.

Now, I think that tipping 15% is generally just a courtesy. If you can't afford the tip, you can't afford the meal. Also, all police are terrible, and Bernie would have been a better candidate for the Dems than Hillary. :unsmigghh:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

There is no gold fringe on this thread so I can post about how circumcision is actually good and cool.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
How much should one tip a Mohel?

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

The Ape of Naples posted:

With...the tip? :confused:

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Ape of Naples posted:

^^^I was just trying to condense SA controversies into the smallest bit I can.

Edit:gently caress

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
it got so bad it's good again

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Otisburg posted:

There is no gold fringe on this thread so I can post about how circumcision is actually good and cool.

If the thread keeps going like this, it will have one soon enough! :five:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I started this thread and you all created joinder when you posted in it. All trademarks and copyrights go to Lowtax

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

VikingSkull posted:

I started this thread and you all created joinder when you posted in it. All trademarks and copyrights go to Lowtax

I am a boat. :smug:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm the coast guard. :clint:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm the coast guard. :clint:

THIS IS THUGGERY!!!

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

VikingSkull posted:

I'll stop shitposting, but I want you to pray with me, VikingSkull. And I want a pizza.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Icon Of Sin posted:

THIS IS TUGG(boat)ERY!!!

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Hermetic posted:

I'll stop shitposting, but I want you to pray with me, VikingSkull. And I want a pizza.

Okay, fine, fine can i at least get a hallelujah when i stop posting

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

hallelujah

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Octatonic posted:

Can we read from Psalms first?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Octatonic posted:

The FBI negotiator deserves a promotion. :3:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Hermetic posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umcEDoe6cSA

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Hermetic posted:

Octatonic posted:

GreyjoyBastard posted:

:aaaaa: Oh poo poo, finally remembered what this was from.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Hermetic posted:

You can have a pizza, but all we have right now is a cookie.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Promotion, medal, and a loving free internet. That dude was awesome. I can still picture the guys listening in and Mark makes some retort and all the FBI guys listening in are sitting around a table laughing and poo poo and daring Mark to say something else.

SocketWrench has issued a correction as of 23:17 on Jul 6, 2016

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Mark's "nope! Nooope! Nooooooooope!" when Fiore was promising the last four their freedom is still an amazing memory.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Many of you are probably familiar with the Meads case out of Canada where a judge spent a considerable amount of time and effort and just crushed every sovcit tactic. Now judges are just issuing small decisions regarding this type of poo poo and completely dismissing the bogus poo poo while citing Meads.

http://www.canlii.org/en/on/onsc/doc/2016/2016onsc4476/2016onsc4476.html

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Many of you are probably familiar with the Meads case out of Canada where a judge spent a considerable amount of time and effort and just crushed every sovcit tactic. Now judges are just issuing small decisions regarding this type of poo poo and completely dismissing the bogus poo poo while citing Meads.

so much for CaCaaS (canadian citizenship as a Service)

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Mr. Nice! posted:

That's kinda the way law works, and in this case it absolutely rocks. The hard part is finding the first person to go through the effort to counter every single bullshit point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

More complaining from the Bundy's about their pre-trial confinement.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/bundy-brothers-want-federal-prosecutors-to-join-them-behind-bars-until-trial-that-would-only-be-fair

quote:

“I believe I’m being impeded and violated at every turn,” he complained. “I have not committed any crime, your honor. I am not guilty … yet we’re being treated as though we are guilty.”

Ryan Bundy previously complained that he had not been permitted to wear Mormon religious garments or carry a firearm while jailed.

“My rights are being violated. My right to life is being violated. All of my First Amendment rights are being violated. My right to freedom of religion is being violated,” Ryan Bundy argued. “My Second Amendment rights are being violated. I never waived that right. My Fourth Amendment rights are being violated.”